There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,139

dortybassa said:

murgatroyd314 said:

I'd just like to say one thing:

If it requires a purchase, and still costs money after that, it is NOT a gift.

Harsh... Oh well, I'll go with 3/25th's of a gift.... New banner up soon.. Would be 22/25th wouldn't it lol

That is not a gift!  Imagine a family gathering for Christmas.  You hand out gifts, but tell each, "First, buy something from my store, then give me one more dollar!"  Next year you'll have an empty house! 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,947

DanaTA said:

dortybassa said:

murgatroyd314 said:

I'd just like to say one thing:

If it requires a purchase, and still costs money after that, it is NOT a gift.

Harsh... Oh well, I'll go with 3/25th's of a gift.... New banner up soon.. Would be 22/25th wouldn't it lol

That is not a gift!  Imagine a family gathering for Christmas.  You hand out gifts, but tell each, "First, buy something from my store, then give me one more dollar!"  Next year you'll have an empty house! 

the one more dollar is the kicker IMO surprise 
    I did consider buying a debut new today (Wine Annex) because I like the look of it but that offer certainly didn't clinch the deal, I will either wishlist it or at least wait if another more exciting one with a still new or just new comes up tomorrow or the next week

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,762

dortybassa said:

PerttiA said:

dortybassa said:

PerttiA said:

dortybassa said:

I love and hate days like today... Extra 23% off DO, so I can buy Victoria 4 at 43% off...... erm OK

Not complaining, 27 items for $50.05 at 90% off...

Wondering though, why put up the same sale the second time?...

Where are you getting anything 90% off? This place confuses me.

Together with eight tokens and being a Daz+ member

I'm banning anyone using that as a discount lol ;) OK I see now. 

Without the tokens, it would still have been 83% off

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,741

...so let's see, To get that "gift" item (B.E.T.T.Y. Patio Furniture) for 1$ you needed to spend a minimum of 8.08$ on a Debut Release (Predatron's Dwarf Palm) to get a savings of 7.32$ (or 3.94$ for a Daz+ Member).

For some reason the term "diminishing returns" comes to mind.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 116

So i'm guessing this whole sale plan revolves around people maintaining 8 tokens to get a proper inticing deal?

I've never had 8, and currently have 0, so things just don't look that big of a saving, unless i've missed something else.

The gift is a bit of a joke, more than one $1, but it appears the cheapest item is almost $5, ironically today i probably would have bought it for a 1$ if that was the price instead of a 'gift' if you buy

I sound like i'm complaining too much, but i'm confused by the sales strategy, mind you the last month or so had some great deals at times so not spending as much is probably a good thing for my bank.

...I had 7 once..

theflarf said:

So i'm guessing this whole sale plan revolves around people maintaining 8 tokens to get a proper inticing deal?

I've never had 8, and currently have 0, so things just don't look that big of a saving, unless i've missed something else.

Without using tokens, one can get the whole cart at 84% off, I would post a screenshot, but too late in the day for it to work anymore.

With 8 tokens one can get 90% off the whole cart, and when comparing to previous deals this year, the best ones with tokens have been 92-93% off the whole cart, so todays offers are not that bad.

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

It's in bad taste to call something you're charging for, no matter how nominal it might be, a "gift". I could have overlooked that. Except that the new artists added today are all mixed in with yesterday's sale items. Sifting through the same stuff as yesterday to find today's additions? Not happening. Endless clicking to sort by artist? Also not happening. To me, it's not a bargain if it costs me too much time. I am the same with bricks and mortar stores. If it's too much of a hassle, I'll do without or get it elsewhere and gladly pay more for the savings in time and aggravation. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,566

is anything NEW happening today?  I am sticking to the 2 DAZ+ items, I guess. 

edited July 2023

...yeah pretty much done for the month in with purchasing much more save for using my Daz+ coupons., With high prices for just about everything else today Something has to give to make it to moth's end

The buy ins are not a that enticing. the price v. the extra discounts are just not worth it if you are on a tight budget and can't drop hundreds on an individual purchase. Crikey the last time I purchased a gift only because I got 28% off on 100$ of credit (arid that was over a year ago). 

Again, a most sometimes all) of the new releases just don't interest me as I'm pretty content to stay where I am at with G3/8. I also need to continue scraping up what I can for the major system upgrade so I can sort of join the "modern world".(currently in equivalent "human years" my system is 162).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,102
    Hmm. The "Summer Christmas Gift" today is a previously released item:

https://www.daz3d.com/embossed-and-perforated-metal--iray-shaders

unlike those of the previous two days, which were new releases:

https://www.daz3d.com/betty-patio-furniture

https://www.daz3d.com/backyard-games

That reduces the value proposition for those who already own today's item, since nothing is offered in its place. A small extra discount - perhaps 5% off the cart - could have been a nice substitute.
  • ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 271
    edited July 2023

There's a sale on? Must've missed it.

Got a wonderful banner yesterday with a code for 20% off. Just what was needed when you've no tokens and the current sale also requires a code.

Now my tokens have gone to zero, I can't justify any purchase. Maybe on a Monday or Tuesday with the double tokens, but it's just all been a bit too meh to even contemplate that. There's just no route back in when you're out 

What about the 60% off G9 bundles today (with a significant buy-in)? It may be because I already bought many of the cheaper bundles, but does anyone think 60% off bundles in the hundreds with a buy-in like that is a sale? And that's with some of them already having a 45% discount on them.

The prices are staggering.

Post edited by ainm.sloinneadh on

doubledeviant said:

That reduces the value proposition for those who already own today's item, since nothing is offered in its place. A small extra discount - perhaps 5% off the cart - could have been a nice substitute.

...yeah it was one of those weird freebie gimmicks here a couple months ago where you had to "collect 4 pieces" to get it at the end of the sale/ .Always missed at least one of the days.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,153

kyoto kid said:

doubledeviant said:

...yeah it was one of those weird freebie gimmicks here a couple months ago where you had to "collect 4 pieces" to get it at the end of the sale/ .Always missed at least one of the days.

No, it wasn't. I got them all, and I don't have it. You're probably thinking of this: https://www.daz3d.com/dd-pbr-metal-grille-shaders-for-iray-vol-1 

edited July 2023

...yeah, so many of those it's easy to get them confused. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,483

It is interesting that there no longer is a seperate rotating bann ad for Julius 9 HD which was just released a couple of days ago but there still is a rotating banner ad for Olympia 9 HD.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 116

I only just realised that to get the product of the day for $1 it had to be a specific new item, I'd expected to be able to use one of this weeks new daz+ item

Don't think i'll be buying any of the $1 things this week then ha

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,947

theflarf said:

I only just realised that to get the product of the day for $1 it had to be a specific new item, I'd expected to be able to use one of this weeks new daz+ item

Don't think i'll be buying any of the $1 things this week then ha

and I finally realized the ones it's a gift for is DAZ 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,313

Charlie Judge said:

It is interesting that there no longer is a seperate rotating bann ad for Julius 9 HD which was just released a couple of days ago but there still is a rotating banner ad for Olympia 9 HD.

Not only that, all the "other" new releases from yesterday are nowhere to be found in today's Still New section. Can't buy 'em if we can't see 'em.

XI Wasteland Construction Vehicle

XI Futuristic Gangster Car

dForce Bristol Ridge Texture Add-On

Horse Duet Poses for DAZ Horse 3

DS Horse for Daz Horse 3

BW Medieval Transport Wagons Set 02

Summer Italy Street

dForce Praefectus Outfit Texture Add-on

XI Roman Forum Ruined

XI Roman Forum

BW Medieval Transport Wagons Set 01

Lady of the Horse Poses for Daz Horse 3 and Genesis 9 Feminine

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 354

I am buying a new item as required (KuJ Cute lace suit). Why does the "gift" not reduce to $1?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,210

JamieM said:

I am buying a new item as required (KuJ Cute lace suit). Why does the "gift" not reduce to $1?

The "Gift" only activates if you buy a Debut New or Still New item as listed on the sale page - the Daz+ items are not included in those lists.

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 354

MelanieL said:

JamieM said:

The "Gift" only activates if you buy a Debut New or Still New item as listed on the sale page - the Daz+ items are not included in those lists.

Thanks.
    They always used to count as new (because they ARE new) and are not excluded in the sales wording. 

JamieM said:

MelanieL said:

JamieM said:

Thanks.
    They always used to count as new (because they ARE new) and are not excluded in the sales wording. 

But they are excluded, as the offer is not saying "New Release", it is saying one needs to buy a "Debut New" or a "Still New" , ie. ones from those specific selections. 

edited July 2023

MelanieL said:

JamieM said:

...and the non Daz+ ones are usually significantly over "1$".  I don't think I've ever seen a "Debut" or "Still New" item priced that low, even  a new DO item (and I am a Daz+ member).

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,102
    I've found the "Summer Gift" offers to be decent in general - for example, right now, one can purchase XI Roman Forum and DD PBR Metal Grille Shaders for Iray Vol 2 for $6.81 - a great price for two desirable items, no tokens needed. Similar carts were possible for FE Lauren Hair for Genesis 9 a couple days ago - another welcome acquisition.
  • no noseno nose Posts: 304

And once again the "last day of sale" is used right before an extension.

• no nose said:

I long ago decided that Daz leaves off "...is tomorrow!" 

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,163

Phew, bought yesterday to just find that I could have got double the tokens if I had waited until today.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,483
    edited July 2023

no nose said:

Why am I not surprised ? 

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Phew, bought yesterday to just find that I could have got double the tokens if I had waited until today.

Same here. But with my luck if I waited DAZ would have completely ended the sale yesterday. Once in awhile they have actually ended a sale when they said. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,566

DAZ sales like rock concert encores. Always 

This discussion has been closed.