There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• AstraffelAstraffel Posts: 205

Well, that's funny. My current "curated" lightning deals include the DAZ Horse 2 Starter Bundle... I've already purchased the pro bundle which includes everything in the starter.

edited July 2023

I wish lightning deals were somehow connected to our wishlists. Ideally the longer an item sits in your wishlist the more likely it would be selected, or at least have it based off of the general type of content in there. Occasionally I'll happen to find something of interest. Right now it just seems entirely random.

edit: To be fair, I did recently empty my wishlist for experimenting with a different philosophy. Perhaps, I should do what I keep considering doing and go through the entire store, adding anything of interest in case there are future offers based on what we've wishlisted. It would take a while to browse over 45 thousand items, yet now I'm rather curious...

Post edited by Astraffel on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,308

Don't do it all at once, but browse the selection for a particular sale, adding items to your wishlist as you go. It helps to keep the scope limited, otherwise you suffer from decision paralysis. Sure, you might miss some, but you won't miss all of them. Those that you select might lead you to others of the same genre, or artist. I'm sure you will fill out an impressive list soon enough.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,094
    Little of interest today at a glance - only Deecey's Good Fairy Bad Fairy Outfit catches my attention, but there don't seem to be any worthwhile offers associated with purchasing a non-bundle new release, so it goes onto the wishlist for now.

Was hoping for a core G9 figure today. Still need a male counterpart for Van Helsing since Julius missed the mark so badly in that regard.

I suppose this will be the third day in a row that my cart remains empty. I'm okay with that, actually, although I might have bought something yesterday if the attractive discounts weren't attached to coupons that seem to have been issued after I wrapped up my browsing (or not issued to me at all). Why not just issue the day's coupons automatically when the turns over, so the maximum number of shoppers see them?

NorthOf45 said:

Don't do it all at once, but browse the selection for a particular sale, adding items to your wishlist as you go. It helps to keep the scope limited, otherwise you suffer from decision paralysis. Sure, you might miss some, but you won't miss all of them. Those that you select might lead you to others of the same genre, or artist. I'm sure you will fill out an impressive list soon enough.

You're absolutely right. I've started doing this before and always end up feeling extremely overwhelmed. I used to keep a single one page limit of 60 items, yet even that was filled with stuff I wasn't buying on great sales. I think it was very similar to the "decision paralysis" you mentioned. In contrast, I do rather like the look of keeping a single row of only my six highest interest items.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,791
    edited July 2023

I deleted 4 additional items off my Wishlist yesterday during the $1.99 blinks; I figured if I had to think much about buying them at that price, they didn't belong on my W/L...

Post edited by WandW on

Those seemed like really good deals for any items of interest. I'm internally debating on waiting to see if there are more today, but he 4-hour window is rough to catch.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,130

WandW said:

I deleted 4 additional items off my Wishlist yesterday during the $1.99 blinks; I figured if I had to think much about buying them at that price, they didn't belong on my W/L...

I can relate. I deleted a few as well.

On the other hand, there are the ones that I don't need at the moment, but "if I had more money...", so I leave them be. Their turn might come. 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,373
    edited July 2023

doubledeviant said:

Little of interest today at a glance - 

That's what I thought until this flash sale came along.... Wow - I got all these great Faveral models from my Wishlist at a price that almost makes me feel guilty. Plus the last Gypsy Boy, which was still missing in my collection.

Post edited by caravelle on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,189
    edited July 2023

caravelle said:

doubledeviant said:

That's what I thought until this flash sale came along.... Wow - I got all these great Faveral models from my Wishlist at a price that almost makes me feel guilty. Plus the last Gypsy Boy, which was still missing in my collection.

I was going to skip this one, as I didn't have anything wishlisted, but there were some Faveral things that I half-considered in the past. Tokens work in this sale, BTW, which isn't always the case with promos of this type - $1.99 -> $1.19 with 8 tokens, with the original slightly-over-$5 buy-in going to $3-$4. 

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,746
    edited July 2023

paulawp (marahzen) said:

caravelle said:

doubledeviant said:

I was going to skip this one, as I didn't have anything wishlisted, but there were some Faveral things that I half-considered in the past. Tokens work in this sale, BTW, which isn't always the case with promos of this type - $1.99 -> $1.19 with 8 tokens, with the original slightly-over-$5 buy-in going to $3-$4. 

Thanks, wasn't paying enough attention to the small print. Time to have another look.

Edit; Definitely worth a look... Subtotal went from $590 to $806 for a $60 cart smiley

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 113

Finding something that is over $5, that I would want or need in order to get the items for $1.99 is borderline impossible to make it wortwhile in my opinion.

I'm only looking to get a few things, so the savings from dropping a dollar don't make up having to pay much more for something else, admittedly there's a couple of things that are typical just under the $5 mark that I would have used.

edited July 2023

Was this the only flash sale today? Looks like mostly a selection of vendors D-J (or partnered with one)

edit: Ah, it has the same $30 max base price like yesterdays as well. Seems like a pattern, yet that may just be a standard cap for a 1.99-2.99 sale.

Post edited by Astraffel on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,063

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I don't get it. Found a coupon good for 50% off one item and usable 5times yesterday late. Such a one product coupon is not that useful in the times of tokens but would have used it on TurboLoader. But now this coupon seems to be already gone? Just strange!

Think that one was for a few days ago. Didn't find anything worth spending it on at the time.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,705

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

...another day, another gab bag, but at least new Daz+ items work this time.

Does not stack with other discounts... frown 

...true the discount doesn't apply to the new Daz+ item (but that did count as the "buy in" to use thecoupon this time),

I meant, they dont get any cheaper with tokens. 

...that's true however I didn't have any tokens to begin with (and didn't get any either as my total purchase was below 10$ - still sort of feel burned on that deal with the 6 tokens I lost the other week due to a vague "technicality"). 

The savings on the items I got with the coupon was far more than the cost of the Daz+ item I used, so it was one of the rare times the price of the buy in was worth it.  Coupon deals tend to give a much better return than say just receiving an additional 10% discount (and my Daz+ membership helped save 1$ off each as well). Also these were PA not DO items I had in the cart. so the savings was significant for the initial investment.

Once in a while, I get a win.

...hmm Thursday's flash sale needed a 5$ or more buy in (instead of just over 1$) and most new Daz+ items are in the 3.49$ - 4.99$ range (or encroaching on 8$ or more) so not really much of a big saving over just using the coupon for the 2.99$ deal.  Yeah you can get 20 items for 1,99$ each (that's 39.80$ + the cost of the buy in new release) but it's he end of the  month, I'm pretty broke and don' get my next pension deposit for a week so I settled on three  Faveral items I liked which came out to less than using the buy in as well (and avoided getting any tokens that would expire before I could use them).

edited July 2023
    caravelle said:

doubledeviant said:

Was a bit less exciting for me because I raided Faveral's store a while back during a similar sale. ;)

But I'm down for Jessai characters at great prices, especially the non-DOs that aren't on sale as often.

And the DzFire mechs at $1.19 each were cheap enough to overcome my dislike of items without the option for an interactive license (which is an unusual omission for DzFire).

So I was able to make a nice cart after all, and use my tokens before their expiration. :)
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,546

over 12,000 items on sale at 65% off ... not a one in my wishlist. 

edited July 2023

...just over a third of a page (120 items per page) on my wishlist (but tapped out for the month.  Am running on "financial vapours" until my pension deposit drops in 6 days.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,308

daveso said:

over 12,000 items on sale at 65% off ... not a one in my wishlist. 

Well, I found a couple on which I was willing to blow my last ten bucks and all remaining tokens.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,412

I had 2 tokens but little store credit. I just sat it out and let the tokens expire.

Thanks to whoever at Daz decided to do a wishlist sale, even if it's just an eerily timely happenstance! The date of cut-off is right when I added several items I wanted to get soon and the code seems to work for those. Either way, with the store-wide flash sale, this looks like a great deal!

• FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 237

"WISH-LIST" coupon code shows not valid for me. What's wrong?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,159

FantastArt said:

"WISH-LIST" coupon code shows not valid for me. What's wrong?

what are you trying to buy? 

Here's a copy/paste of the details you can see under the promo's sale section half-way down the main sale page:

*Items must be in cart simultaneously for discount to apply.
    Cannot be used to discount items already owned.
    Offer applies to Items in your Wishlist since July 27th.
    Coupon code usable once per customer.
    Offer excludes Gfft Cards, Memberships, Licenses, New Releases, and Daz+ Items.
    ‡Discount excludes the purchase of UltraHD Iray HDRI With DOF - Countryside.

Sorry, if that's not of any help. Of my mere seven, the only item in my wishlist that doesn't work with that coupon is one I think I added yesterday (28th) and is naturally after the 27th cut-off.

• no noseno nose Posts: 303

so if I'm reading this correctly, there was another flash sale before this one that I was asleep during, not suprising

also interesting time to do a wishlist sale

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945

WISH-LIST got me a nice discount on something already 50% off so grateful

• artxtapartxtap Posts: 149

FantastArt said:

"WISH-LIST" coupon code shows not valid for me. What's wrong?s

same!!!angry

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,862

I don't have any 'WISH-LIST' sale on my banners, but a Store Wide Flash Sale is showing in first place and when I go to it, I only see three radio buttons and the sort by option and no wish list, yet looking at other group pages all of them show seven radio buttons and the sort option. There is no way I am looking through 23851 of 38367 items in the store. Matter of fact, the front page is looking like that too now. What is going on?

I made a small cart last night, mostly because a Lightning Deal happened to stack with the banner sale for 90% off Dior's Day Off Bundle. Was a good opportunity to grab the new Daz+ items with their intro discounts, too.

But the token system is wearing thin. In the long-term, it's expensive and tiresome to keep flush with tokens. And most/all of the time these days a full set of tokens seems necessary to get an attractive deal on new core bundles (and some PA releases). You can plan for it - rounding off small carts to multiples of ten, pushing some purchases to double-token days, etc - but you don't know when Daz is going to skip a week or release a not-so-interesting bundle. (See past two weeks.) There's usually a good opportunity to get *something* interesting with the tokens, but overall I'm increasingly finding it to be a hassle with a hit-or-miss payoff.
This discussion has been closed.