There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,767

murgatroyd314 said:

kyoto kid said:

...yeah the sale and my cart page basically says my tokens are toast, however clicking on the new sale promo shows I still have 7 tokens  even though the  timeline below as they expire in 00 days 00 hours and 00 minutes . 

As far as I can tell, the token countdown is consistently short by exactly one day. 

Has been happening with tokens even the first time they were around, but so far I have understood, it only happens for those that are living west of Daz timezone. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,743

...well another false claim, this one under the Featured Artist stores on the "Fill Your Closet" sale where it says that the  "EVEN-MORE" coupon is valid on purchases as well for a total of five items.  I put what I wanted in the cart, entered the coupon code, but the price of only one item changed to 2.99$.  Prices for the others were not discounts.  Getting a bit weary of this and I need to use my tokens by 23:00 west coast time or they will expire.

Should have used them Friday as there was a better selection than the last two days.

As I mentioned, the  "Terrific Items" offer on this sale is pretty much anything but "clothing", mostly poses and tutorials. 

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454
    edited July 2023

@ kyoto kid

I don't know if you saw this clothing item in the "Terrific Items" or maybe you already have it, but I thought it might work for younger characters:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-sunday-afternoon-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

Post edited by Calliope23 on
    edited July 2023

kyoto kid said:

...well another false claim, this one under the Featured Artist stores on the "Fill Your Closet" sale where it says that the  "EVEN-MORE" coupon is valid on purchases as well for a total of five items.  I put what I wanted in the cart, entered the coupon code, but the price of only one item changed to 2.99$.  Prices for the others were not discounts.  Getting a bit weary of this and I need to use my tokens by 23:00 west coast time or they will expire.

Should have used them Friday as there was a better selection than the last two days.

As I mentioned, the  "Terrific Items" offer on this sale is pretty much anything but "clothing", mostly poses and tutorials. 

Did you notice that "Even-more" has it's own set of items, it's not all of Featured Artists;
    https://www.daz3d.com/extra-most-terrific-artists

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,102

@ kyoto kid

I don't know if you saw this clothing item in the "Terrific Items" or maybe you already have it, but I thought it might work for younger characters:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-sunday-afternoon-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

Older characters, too - it's cute without being smutty, well-suited to more reserved personalities. But it's a poor use of the coupon - it's frequently on deep discount. The outfit had been on my wishlist for a while, and I snagged it for $2.38 recently (along with the texture pack for $1.32). Better off using the coupon for expensive tutorials or bundles imo.
  • Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454
    edited July 2023

doubledeviant said:

Older characters, too - it's cute without being smutty, well-suited to more reserved personalities. But it's a poor use of the coupon - it's frequently on deep discount. The outfit had been on my wishlist for a while, and I snagged it for $2.38 recently (along with the texture pack for $1.32). Better off using the coupon for expensive tutorials or bundles

I agree it would be nice for older characters too. I didn't see that there was a texture pack for it; I was looking for it. And I see your point about grabbing more expensive items. Edit- Oh the texture pack is there if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the sales page for the outfit.

Post edited by Calliope23 on
    edited July 2023

...yep, tokens are not applying with the EVEN-MORE coupon so I lose 6 at 23:00 West Coast time.

So, I guess tokens and coupons no longer stack like they did during the Daz+ sale

These sales would be so much more enticing if one didn't have to purchase an item that costs an average of 15 - 25$ (sometimes two) or something one doesn't want just to unlock a discount.  What a rip and waste of time.

Submitting a ticket in the morning on this (have taken screenshots to attach).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,483

kyoto kid said:

...yep, tokens are not applying with the EVEN-MORE coupon so I lose 6 at 23:00 West Coast time.

So, I guess tokens and coupons no longer stack like they did during the Daz+ sale

These sales would be so much more enticing if one didn't have to purchase an item that costs an average of 15 - 25$ (sometimes two) or something one doesn't want just to unlock a discount.  What a rip and waste of time.

Submitting a ticket in the morning on this (have taken screenshots to attach).

In general tokens do still stack with coupons. However, in the case of the EVEN-MORE coupon for 'Terrific Items' the fine print states " Offer does not stack with other discounts."

...becoming weary  of playing "calvinball" with sale requirements.  I had no trouble using tokens along with a deep discount coupon just last week.(which in turn also slacked with another offer to boot).  So the 6 tokens I collected for a rare large purchase I made just went *poof*...wonderful.

They need to be more explicit with such restrictions.  If tokens are not applicable  it should specifically state so up front as there are other types of discounts as well.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,115

Well, tokens are working with the legacy sale items. Not only that but the legacy items somehow pushed the new release that was already in my cart from 30% to 50% off. I don't understand DAZ math.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,140

lou_harper said:

Well, tokens are working with the legacy sale items. Not only that but the legacy items somehow pushed the new release that was already in my cart from 30% to 50% off. I don't understand DAZ math.

If I'm reading the banner correctly, if you buy more than 10 legacy items, you get 20% extra off entire cart, so maybe this is it?

joanna said:

lou_harper said:

If I'm reading the banner correctly, if you buy more than 10 legacy items, you get 20% extra off entire cart, so maybe this is it?

That could be it. The other day I put an old DAZ original in my cart and it pushed the new release DO price obscenely low.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,569

joanna said:

lou_harper said:

they're $1.67 in my crt each.  do i need any of the 10? No 

daveso said:

joanna said:

lou_harper said:

they're $1.67 in my crt each.  do i need any of the 10? No 

$1.43 with 8 tokens 

• I wish I needed any of them. smiley I've bought way too much stuff lately.

• RiverMissyRiverMissy Posts: 296

My friends keep getting Orange Discount banners and I don't. I am feeling so Daz unloved. It makes me feel sad and left out so I can't buy anything. crying

Victoria 8 Starter Bundle | Daz 3D     FREE  Lightening Deals. 

daveso said:

Lucky you. Each of us gets different lightning deals; so, no such deal for me. 

edited July 2023

Charlie Judge said:

daveso said:

Lucky you. Each of us gets different lightning deals; so, no such deal for me. 

oh ...I already have the Pro bundle, so no joy for me either frown  I have purchased 1 item since they started the lightning deals. 

Post edited by daveso on
    edited July 2023

...hmm, must have been a late night.

daz spell check.png
    1039 x 121 - 126K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,735

Easily explained, it's all about Meg! 

Gift card sale today -- no buyin required: 10% off cards $100 - $199; 15% off cards over $200.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,616

There was a sale that said buy a Daz original for $1.  Didn't work for me. The coupon never took effect.

edited July 2023

Deke said:

There was a sale that said buy a Daz original for $1.  Didn't work for me. The coupon never took effect.

It's still on, you must select the item from the specific selection, click at the button "Shop Now"

https://www.daz3d.com/one-dollar-Wednesday

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • DekeDeke Posts: 1,616

Thanks. The ad says nothing about a subset of Daz products...just that it applies to Daz Originals.  But then Daz has never been known for the clarity and simplicity of their sales.

Deke said:

Thanks. The ad says nothing about a subset of Daz products...

That is "Standard" with these sales, click the button to get to the selection. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,947

I bought 3 with a new DAZ+

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

I bought 3 with a new DAZ+

I got lucky & got 3 using the new Daz+ Weekly Freebie as the "New Release over $5" buy-in, as a non-member. The $1 each items triggered the "free with purchase for nonmembers" & the now free New Release still triggered the $1 items. I was quite pleased, and would have been content if I only got a single selection item and the new Daz+ for $1, instead of 4 items for $3 as happened.

Note: The Daz+ Weekly/Monthly Freebies don't always count as New Release triggers, regardless of membership status; however, this works often enough that it's worth trying on these promos if you can't afford or don't want new releases. It is certainly less work than seeing how low you can get the cost of the latest mega bundle. (The promo items will always get you the Daz+ for free.)

edited July 2023

Anything I like in those sales I already have. Life of a packrat.

Post edited by lou_harper on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,947
    edited July 2023

I got a banner coupon for 30% off my cart for buying one of today's new releases

(not sharing code, intended recipient only)

just mentioning because it stacks so might influence someone else to part with coin today  too devil

* Excludes Gift Cards, Daz+ Items, Licenses, and Memberships.
    Cannot be used to discount items already owned.
    Discount valid for intended recipients only.
    Coupon Code usable once per customer.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
This discussion has been closed.