There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

19495969798100»

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,710

barbult said:

The Dream Doll outfit (G9 only, shirt, shorts, skates, cassette player) costs more than the Kadis Armor (G9 and G8F, over 2 dozen pieces, poses and more). Huh? Why?

I would assume due to much more geometry and larger textures devil 

• dortybassadortybassa Posts: 490

barbult said:

The Dream Doll outfit (G9 only, shirt, shorts, skates, cassette player) costs more than the Kadis Armor (G9 and G8F, over 2 dozen pieces, poses and more). Huh? Why?

Because we are Ken and nobody wears that armor these days :)  AJC generally has eleventybillion verts, so a dollar for each million? 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,867

dortybassa said:

barbult said:

Because we are Ken and nobody wears that armor these days :)  AJC generally has eleventybillion verts, so a dollar for each million? 

because Rougey and Strangefate are generous with their pricing heart

I still cannot buy the armour yet though as need to eat the rest of this month but definitely will eventually, like Stonemason products it's just a matter of when not if yes

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 110

The G3 sale for $1.99 definitely worked well for me, nice to get a decent one.

I tend to use G3 for background/supporting characters, so $1.99 is an ideal price for me to jump on a bunch of things in the wishlist.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,279

I'm finding things to be getting to expensive and to limited

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,594

felis said:

barbult said:

I would assume due to much more geometry and larger textures devil 

Exactly I see the PA and then go look at the texture section in the description to see if they learned how to optimize from the previous release and I know it's a pass

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,452

i had a bunch of G3 stuff at $1.39 in my cart, but ended up dumping the cart. Its now do I need this or will I even use it. I knocked off everything other than the two recent DAZ+ products, which I like, and the weekly free item. Price wise though, 1.39 is pretty darn good. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199

daveso said:

i had a bunch of G3 stuff at $1.39 in my cart, but ended up dumping the cart. Its now do I need this or will I even use it. I knocked off everything other than the two recent DAZ+ products, which I like, and the weekly free item. Price wise though, 1.39 is pretty darn good. 

Good if you will use the stuff, but bad if it just sits on your hard drive unused. I prefer to save the money for something I know I want and will use. 

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

DAZ is certainly curing my addiction - I'm having trouble remembering when I last bought anythijng. I still look with anticipation at the new sales announcemts but they all disappoint. Firstly, I ignore all the conditional sales as I never buy New so all those sales conditional on purchases from the New categories areimmediately dismissed. Also, I don't have any G9 characters so that rules out most of the content less than a year old too. I keep hoping for G8 sales which are not conditional on buying G9 stuff but they are not playing my game. I've also cancelled my DAZ+ subscription - no point in it now.

• I bought 5 hair items in the G3 & earlier sale. They're all things that have been on my wish list at some time or other & $9.95 was a reasonable price for them.

Regards,

Richard

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,525

Ok, one can get the Lahr Pro bundle for $25.35, but where are the older products one gets at heavily discounted price as a reward?

Two G8 DO bundles for $10, which doesn't stack and doesn't give cheaper price due to items one already owns, is no reward, especially when it can't be used with "FRESH-FIND"

edited August 2023
    Is there a need for Lahr? Can he not be made easily with Nekita and some muscle morphs. It just annoys me, codes to stop you using other discounts and your Daz+, Shapes gifted creating own set of issues. There's also not much 8 I still want.. 8.1 well, still plenty I don't have but the $10 bundles are only 8.
    Post edited by dortybassa on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,708

If only Mada would teach the rest of the Daz Originals team how to make a collar. dForce Black Jack Outfit for Genesis 9 looks promising, but the shirt collar and tie fail badly. Geometry editor to the rescue I guess, and add a heavily morphed collar from Sergeant Candy.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 427

dortybassa said:

Shapes gifted creating own set of issues.

They're really doubling down on this nonsense. This is the third time they're making morphs limited time only, it was bad enough that the past few core releases pro bundle are the only way to get the youth/aged morphs, now they're going full steam ahead with the fomo of "gifting" content that everyone should be able to buy indivdually. I don't like this at all and I think it's a horrible tactic. I haven't bough anything since July, I was going to get somethng when Mira was released but that limited time stunt turned me off to giving them my money, same thing happened last week and now again with this weeks release. It looks like that's going to be the new normal now and I just can't get behind that so for now no money from me until that changes. I know one person doesn't make a difference and it may not bother others, but it 100% bothers me quite a lot.

• ElorElor Posts: 709

dortybassa said:

There's also not much 8 I still want.. 8.1 well, still plenty I don't have but the $10 bundles are only 8.

Maybe tomorrow or later today. Afterall, yesterday was all about G3 and older, with a touch of G8, and today, Lahr offer access to G8 bundles.

• ElorElor Posts: 709

Sorry for the double post, but I have a question about the Fashion Nova sales: unlike other sales who required new items to be in our cart at the same time, owning a Fashion New Item is taken into account to make discounts work.

Does this mean that if I buy the Mid-Century Modern Bundle (which, from what I can see from past bundles I bought, would means I would own the four items included in the bundle) in one purchase, then, I would be considered by DAZ shop as owning 4 items, meaning I could have a 70% discount on up to 4 items from each Signature Style in a next purchase (as long as said purchase happens while the Fashion Nova sales is active of course) ?

• edited August 2023

Question: how are Lahr & Neketa supposed to battle for the throne, meet (cute or not), etc., if he divides his time between 1940s Noir World and Barbarian Fantasy Universe and she's stuck in Pseudo Ancient Egypt Reality?

_____

Coupon deals: I went for yesterday's scoop G2/G3 coupon because it was buy-in free (for the number I wanted), unlike today's. I just pass on those unless I am already planning on buying qualifiers & that seldom happens any more, especially when the possible triggers are only a handful of New Releases.

And this time I am going to try out what I picked up today.

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,906

jd641 said:

dortybassa said:

Shapes gifted creating own set of issues.

They're really doubling down on this nonsense. This is the third time they're making morphs limited time only, it was bad enough that the past few core releases pro bundle are the only way to get the youth/aged morphs, now they're going full steam ahead with the fomo of "gifting" content that everyone should be able to buy indivdually. I don't like this at all and I think it's a horrible tactic. I haven't bough anything since July, I was going to get somethng when Mira was released but that limited time stunt turned me off to giving them my money, same thing happened last week and now again with this weeks release. It looks like that's going to be the new normal now and I just can't get behind that so for now no money from me until that changes. I know one person doesn't make a difference and it may not bother others, but it 100% bothers me quite a lot.

Me too. I see those kinds of things and say I'll pass on the bundle as I don't want it to seem like I'm reinforcing this as something that's acceptable. 

• miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Question: how are Lahr & Neketa supposed to battle for the throne, meet (cute or not), etc., if he divides his time between 1940s Noir World and Barbarian Fantasy Universe and she's stuck in Pseudo Ancient Egypt Reality?

Barbarian Fantasy Universe usually has Pseudo Ancient Egypt, or you could have a Call of Cthuluesque deal with Ancient Egyptian artefacts stolen and taken to New York where they cause trouble.

_____

Coupon deals: I went for yesterday's scoop G2/G3 coupon because it was buy-in free (for the number I wanted), unlike today's. I just pass on those unless I am already planning on buying qualifiers & that seldom happens any more, especially when the possible triggers are only a handful of New Releases.

And this time I am going to try out what I picked up today.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199
    Elor said:

Sorry for the double post, but I have a question about the Fashion Nova sales: unlike other sales who required new items to be in our cart at the same time, owning a Fashion New Item is taken into account to make discounts work.

Does this mean that if I buy the Mid-Century Modern Bundle (which, from what I can see from past bundles I bought, would means I would own the four items included in the bundle) in one purchase, then, I would be considered by DAZ shop as owning 4 items, meaning I could have a 70% discount on up to 4 items from each Signature Style in a next purchase (as long as said purchase happens while the Fashion Nova sales is active of course) ?

That's a good question, but it doesn't usually work like that. A bundle only counts as 1 item in sales like this.
    edited August 2023

barbult said:

Elor said:

That's a good question, but it doesn't usually work like that. A bundle only counts as 1 item in sales like this.

Yes, when the items are in the same cart, but it does say owners... When looking at which items one owns, the ones in the bundle make four and the bundle is the fifth.
    Although the 70% off is not quite there. Went through all the offers and the Signature Styles gave just 86% off with all the available discount stackings. 

Post edited by PerttiA on

Ok, no problem finding stuff today... So far 65 items for $115 at 91% off, too bad one must wait around 12 hours to see what else they might come up with before trimming the cart down.

PerttiA said:

Ok, no problem finding stuff today... So far 65 items for $115 at 91% off, too bad one must wait around 12 hours to see what else they might come up with before trimming the cart down.

What is 91% off? I have 2 new releases, and a few bundles which are 89% off and 85% on any interactive licenses. (With 8 tokens) Fair enough, but it's an $11.42 buy in to get the discount... no new releases interest me..and will just see me dump the cart A few days ago I couldn't get the 5 X 8.1 bundles with Nekita if I wanted to use the 30% discount, so missed out on the Torment bundle for $14. Today I could get that by spending $11.42 on stuff I don't want, so will pass.
    edited August 2023
    Ah, it's 91% with the 10% code from Lahr....forgot all about that. Plenty of older g8 figures come out at $1.25 or 93% off.
    Post edited by dortybassa on

dortybassa said:

Ah, it's 91% with the 10% code from Lahr....forgot all about that.

Don't have such code.

I have four new releases, 2 from Lahr (XI forest+add-on) at 71% off, 2 new releases from Flashback at 66% off and 61 older DO items at 93% off in the cart (Using 8 tokens)

• HeleneHelene Posts: 111

When I put items from today's Flashback Sale categories in my cart, the discounts did not show up as I expected. 
    What I finally figured out is that the link above where it says Released Before 2021 and the link below that says View All Items lead to different pages.
    It would be helpful if DAZ is going to use release dates in their sales that release dates would show on the items. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

marble said:

DAZ is certainly curing my addiction ... Firstly, I ignore all the conditional sales as I never buy New so all those sales conditional on purchases from the New categories are immediately dismissed. Also, I don't have any G9 characters so that rules out most of the content less than a year old too. I keep hoping for G8 sales which are not conditional on buying G9 stuff but they are not playing my game. I've also cancelled my DAZ+ subscription - no point in it now.

You're literally me... I managed to spend about $ 50.- this month on unconditional sales, but didn't even bother to look at the shop page more than once each day after the morning (except for Lightning Deals a couple times a day)

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

PerttiA said:

Same here... kinda... a short at the new items and the conditions made it clear that there's no deal for me (again) today... Why buy stuff at 65% off that I didn't buy earlier for 75% or more off... cheeky

• Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 25

marble said:

DAZ is certainly curing my addiction - I'm having trouble remembering when I last bought anythijng. I still look with anticipation at the new sales announcemts but they all disappoint. Firstly, I ignore all the conditional sales as I never buy New so all those sales conditional on purchases from the New categories areimmediately dismissed. Also, I don't have any G9 characters so that rules out most of the content less than a year old too. I keep hoping for G8 sales which are not conditional on buying G9 stuff but they are not playing my game. I've also cancelled my DAZ+ subscription - no point in it now.

The Daz Tokens have been the deal breaker for me. You need a good sale to stock up on tokens. You need tokens to get a good sale. No guarantees your tokens won't expire before a good sale.

You can only sometimes win if you're constantly spending money. I only target flash deals now and treat the campaign sales as off-limits.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 482
    edited August 2023

Helene said:

When I put items from today's Flashback Sale categories in my cart, the discounts did not show up as I expected. 
    What I finally figured out is that the link above where it says Released Before 2021 and the link below that says View All Items lead to different pages.
    It would be helpful if DAZ is going to use release dates in their sales that release dates would show on the items. 

Thanks for the info about the two different links.  However, regardless of which of the two links I use, the extra 30% off discount is still not applied. I put two items from the legacy page into my cart at  $10.14 and $8.74, respectively.  An additional 30% of should have brought the two items to $7.10 and $6.12, respectively, but the itmes stayed at their initial prices.   :(

---------------------------------

Discussion continues here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/647701/there-s-always-another-sale-thread-discussions-only-pt-2

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.