There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,643

HINT: If the item item you wantt is over $10 you can get a better deal by using the HPPY-JULY coupon instead of the 4TH-SAVINGS coupon.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited July 2023

...better yet, if you also have an item in your wishlist that's been there before the 2nd, and it's also in one of the Dynamite, Sparking and/or Sizzling deals, the coupon stacks with the 45% wishlist discount, so you can get some pretty outstanding deals. 

Got several "big ticket" items off the wishlist. 

indepndence savings.png
    765 x 511 - 60K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,115

HINT: If the item item you wantt is over $10 you can get a better deal by using the HPPY-JULY coupon instead of the 4TH-SAVINGS coupon.

That is true, but for those who want to buy a large cart (to use only one set of tokens), the 4TH-SAVINGS coupon is useful, effectively reducing the buy-in for activating maximum discounts to $3.55 (LuxReal HDRI Lights Pack 3 being $7.55 with eight tokens) as long as the cart includes one $5+ Daz Original.
  • SnowSnow Posts: 95

Thanks for the 4th of july (OUR-THANKS) free item DAZ, much appreciated!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited July 2023

...I  feel came out better in just this one day than I did most of the last sale. Sometimes it pays to have a large wishlist.as well as the July 4th free item (finally have a nice fair freckled skin)

Been wanting to get AM's Lion and Lynx ever since they came out.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,034

Just want to let folks know that I opened a ticket for SKU 90729, which seems to have two .dsx files with different names, either:

Hercules Gift Hierarchical Poses for Horse 3 and Pegasus Wings or

Hercules Mission Poses for Genesis 9 Base and Bonus Shape

The missing thumbnail alerted me to it and my report is # 439629 to Technical Support. I hope it gets attention because I have one over two months old that has had no human response and another at 18 days old now. 

Mary

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,178

Snow said:

Thanks for the 4th of july (OUR-THANKS) free item DAZ, much appreciated!

Crap!  I missed that one.  sad  No money to spend, so I haven't looked at the sales much. 

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530

There are blink sales going on. Just thought I'd give a heads up since no one's mentioned it.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Hmm... Really like the Corral. The Cattle Kate and Country Sugar outfits look ok, but to use the tokens there should be enough additional offers worth while and there isn't...
    At best I can get the cart up to $30 with 8 tokens, and that would mean loosing 5 tokens... Last week that would have been ok, when I had plenty of tokens, but now I need to keep an eye on them.

Adding stuff to wishlist and clearing cart.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,323
    edited July 2023

I have, I think, literally every horse asset available at the Daz store, so there is plenty for me today. I tell myself - as I patiently wait on the sidelines through days offering toon, anime and creature stuff - that there are plenty of people who, when "horse day" finally arrives, glance and think "nothing here for me". smiley Also am totally getting the Corral and Cattle Kate items. I already need that three-sided run-in somewhere.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • Calliope23 said:

There are blink sales going on. Just thought I'd give a heads up since no one's mentioned it.

Thanks for the mention. Very attractive % off if you're already throwing a bunch of tokens at the cart. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

memcneil70 said:

Just want to let folks know that I opened a ticket for SKU 90729, which seems to have two .dsx files with different names, either:

The missing thumbnail alerted me to it and my report is # 439629 to Technical Support. I hope it gets attention because I have one over two months old that has had no human response and another at 18 days old now. 

Mary

I also have technical support requests from around that same time that have had no human response. One has been sitting for over a month.

• Request #437277 May 27, 2023 13:01 over a month
    • Request #438642 June 17, 2023 00:09 19 days - PA corrected problem and issued prompt update based on forum feedback, but help request has been ignored by CS.
    • Request #438644 June 17, 2023 00:30 19 days

I don't know what to do about the problem with requests being ignored, because Richard once mentioned that if you add a comment to the request, it goes to the end of the queue. So we are stuck here in limbo. I wonder if it is related to the problem of requests getting marked "Solved" and closed when nothing has been done to fix the problem. At least Sales Support agents still seem to be working.

Of course I have dozens of older open requests that have received CS responses but no corrections.

barbult said:

memcneil70 said:

Mary

I also have technical support requests from around that same time that have had no human response. One has been sitting for over a month.

• Request #438642 June 17, 2023 00:09 19 days - PA corrected problem and issued prompt update based on forum feedback, but help request has been ignored by CS.

I don't know what to do about the problem with requests being ignored, because Richard once mentioned that if you add a comment to the request, it goes to the end of the queue. So we are stuck here in limbo. I wonder if it is related to the problem of requests getting marked "Solved" and closed when nothing has been done to fix the problem. At least Sales Support agents still seem to be working.

Of course I have dozens of older open requests that have received CS responses but no corrections.

Previously I have gotten answers and help from sales support within one day, but now a simple fix to coupon discounts having been counted in wrong order, has been waiting for any activity for over a week... 

edited July 2023

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Calliope23 said:

Thanks for the mention. Very attractive % off if you're already throwing a bunch of tokens at the cart. 

Yes, DO 93% off and the rest 90% off, but I don't want to pull the trigger before 9PM Daztime (expiration time of the tokens gets one day longer), so I will wait and see what's available then.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,791

PerttiA said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Calliope23 said:

Yes, DO 93% off and the rest 90% off, but I don't want to pull the trigger before 9PM Daztime (expiration time of the tokens gets one day longer), so I will wait and see what's available then.

what and where you buying for 90+% off?  The highest I've seen in my cart is 73%, but I only have 2 tokens 

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Calliope23 said:

what and where you buying for 90+% off?  The highest I've seen in my cart is 73%, but I only have 2 tokens 

Using 8 tokens, but even without using any tokens the DO items are 89% off and the others 84% off
    https://www.daz3d.com/collect-amazing-items

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,791

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Calliope23 said:

Using 8 tokens, but even without using any tokens the DO items are 89% off and the others 84% off
    https://www.daz3d.com/collect-amazing-items

thanks..i'm getting spendy again

PerttiA said:

barbult said:

memcneil70 said:

Mary

Previously I have gotten answers and help from sales support within one day, but now a simple fix to coupon discounts having been counted in wrong order, has been waiting for any activity for over a week... 

I received an email from Customer Service that they reproduced the reported error and have submitted it to Bug Tracker. 

It has been in my in-box for an hour, but I only saw it now.

Now if Tech Support could be as responsive to our other issues. Sigh. I think my two month one scares them. The MacBookPro M1 had a brain fart and ... well it works but everything that fell into Lost and Found and I had cleared out, is back. Nothing I do can clear them out. 

Something I noticed today in DIM was a file for 'Genesis 2 Starter Essentials Environment' that has an update date of 21 Jun 2023. I totaly didn't see it before and only saw it because my mouse jumped on me and there it was. I sorted on 'Package Date: Recent First' to find it on my other machines. I just thought I would make a point to highlight it here for others if you haven't seen it also.

Mary

Yay, April hairs and Mousso girls in the blink sale. Happy Christmas in July to me! laugh

memcneil70 said:

Something I noticed today in DIM was a file for 'Genesis 2 Starter Essentials Environment' that has an update date of 21 Jun 2023. I totaly didn't see it before and only saw it because my mouse jumped on me and there it was. I sorted on 'Package Date: Recent First' to find it on my other machines. I just thought I would make a point to highlight it here for others if you haven't seen it also.

Mary

It's one product, Shaded Haven, file dates from June 21st

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,329

Grrr - that was annoying! I was just filling up a cart with AprilYSH and Mousso items and when I refreshed the cart I was surprised to see an "offer expires in 0 minutes" warning - too late to apply a coupon or tokens and get to checkout. I thought the text on the banner said the offer ended at 16:59 when it actually said 16:29 (it's pretty small text or maybe I need better glasses). I don't think I ever saw a sale that ended at 29 minutes past the hour before.

MelanieL said:

Grrr - that was annoying! I was just filling up a cart with AprilYSH and Mousso items and when I refreshed the cart I was surprised to see an "offer expires in 0 minutes" warning - too late to apply a coupon or tokens and get to checkout. I thought the text on the banner said the offer ended at 16:59 when it actually said 16:29 (it's pretty small text or maybe I need better glasses). I don't think I ever saw a sale that ended at 29 minutes past the hour before.

That blink sale has ended but the banner is still up and hasn't changed to the next sale yet.  

• ben85ben85 Posts: 3

MelanieL said:

they will all be back in the last 3 hours

• CerragCerrag Posts: 251

Charlie Judge said:

That blink sale has ended but the banner is still up and hasn't changed to the next sale yet.  

Same for me.  I got the first round but now the items haven't changed and what's in there is full price.  sad

Cerrag said:

Charlie Judge said:

Same for me.  I got the first round but now the items haven't changed and what's in there is full price.  sad

I got the link for the new sale from the sales reporting thread:  https://www.daz3d.com/collect-the-best-items

ben85 said:

MelanieL said:

they will all be back in the last 3 hours

That'd be nice - the blink sale that included items of interest to me occurred while I was sleeping. (I see the selection of items from PerttiA's link above.)

But I wouldn't be surprised if the last rotation is bugged and doesn't trigger (as seemed to happen with a previous series of blink sales) or if the items return at worse discount (as sometimes happens for Daz catch-up sales). And even if they do return at the same discounts, I won't have much time available for shopping before turnover. The blink format is awful.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

It looks like the discounts have already gotten worse than the first two blink sales today.

edited July 2023

I put in a ticket because I got Mousso and AprilYSH items for $3-4 each and now the prices are much higher. I thought it was a glitch and I didn't want to exploit it. Edited to add that I am also terrible at math.

Post edited by Calliope23 on
    edited July 2023
    $3-to-$4 is more expensive than many of these items were in recent sales. And now the prices are so much higher that I don't imagine most would find them attractive or that many sales will be made. But with Daz, who knows - maybe the previous prices were a glitch. *shrugs*
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
This discussion has been closed.