There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,791

i looked but its stuff i passed over a hundred times, so its not worth 1.99 to me. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,643

Chibimonchichi said:

The orange banner says "Celebrate With Star Spangled Sales" so everyone should get it? I'm guessing?

But, never-the-less, some of us like myself and Rod Wise Driggo didn't get it. 

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,210

Charlie Judge said:

Chibimonchichi said:

The orange banner says "Celebrate With Star Spangled Sales" so everyone should get it? I'm guessing?

Yep, no banner for me, either. 

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,707
    edited July 2023

I have it, but there's nothing in there on my wishlist/need/want. I still kind of wish if a person has a coupon code that they won't use, it could be passed on to someone who can/will.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,374

butterflyfish said:

Charlie Judge said:

Chibimonchichi said:

No for me as well !!!

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,115
    No banner for me, either, which seems strange because this sounds like a general holiday banner rather than one with specific qualifications, based on the wording that others have mentioned.

Bit of a shame since I'd be happy to make a cart of Daz Originals - I was considering about two dozen cheaper DOs around $3 each (due to the increased wishlist discount), but I doubt I'll pull the trigger now since the banner discount would significantly lower the total price. Banner might pop tomorrow, or on the holiday, and I'd rather not have overpaid. And I don't really *need* them anyway.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited July 2023

...well a new "Daz day" and the banner is still there.  I wish they'd give a date not just a time for such offers expiring/. Did get three items I actually wanted but my account is running on vapours until the deposit comes in. smetime in the early AM. Just hope I don't have any surprise "autopays" hit or an adjustment is made before then..

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,419

butterflyfish said:

Charlie Judge said:

Chibimonchichi said:

I didn't get it either, but I am European and live in Europe. Daz might have thought: 'What have they got to do with Independence Day?' ;-)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

caravelle said:

butterflyfish said:

Charlie Judge said:

Chibimonchichi said:

I didn't get it either, but I am European and live in Europe. Daz might have thought: 'What have they got to do with Independence Day?' ;-)

So, they don't want our money wink 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366

caravelle said:

butterflyfish said:

Charlie Judge said:

Chibimonchichi said:

I didn't get it either and am in the Uk - interesting theory, fits with other things too. 

• ServantServant Posts: 758

Chibimonchichi said:

Maybe just 'Muricans. Because "Merica!!!" cheeky 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,392
    edited July 2023

Servant said:

Chibimonchichi said:

Maybe just 'Muricans. Because "Merica!!!" cheeky 

I got the message and I'm in France.

Post edited by Leana on
  • I did not get it, and I live in the US.

caravelle said:

I'm in the US and I still didn't get it. 

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 508
    edited July 2023

Charlie Judge said:

Chibimonchichi said:

I assume they have flags for different levels of spend and I haven't dropped a lot of cash in a while....So an alarm probably went off in Daz HQ  and they decided to try and get addicted again.

I had spent about $120 in June on small baskets but in April and May only about $20-30 total.

I don't think it has anything to do with region (I'm UK), it's all about a drop in spending.

Post edited by TriCounter on
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,210

Charlie Judge said:

caravelle said:

I'm in the US and I still didn't get it. 

Same.

Tokens are back surprise

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349

dortybassa said:

Charlie Judge said:

Chibimonchichi said:

I assume they have flags for different levels of spend and I haven't dropped a lot of cash in a while....So an alarm probably went off in Daz HQ  and they decided to try and get addicted again.

I had spent about $120 in June on small baskets but in April and May only about $20-30 total.

I don't think it has anything to do with region (I'm UK), it's all about a drop in spending.

I got the star spangled banner (I live in Europe), but not some of the other ones other people got 1-2 days earlier. I think people are way over-thinking this. As has been hinted by some of the moderators, a lot of banners are likely allocated randomly.

Marketing can not really see the effect of such banners if it gave them to everyone.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,178

dortybassa said:

Charlie Judge said:

Chibimonchichi said:

I think you may be right.  I live in the U.S.A., but haven't spent very much at all this year.  Yet, I got the banner, and bought three items last night. 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366

Havos said:

dortybassa said:

Charlie Judge said:

Chibimonchichi said:

I got the star spangled banner (I live in Europe), but not some of the other ones other people got 1-2 days earlier. I think people are way over-thinking this. As has been hinted by some of the moderators, a lot of banners are likely allocated randomly.

Marketing can not really see the effect of such banners if it gave them to everyone.

I haven't recieved any of the banners and the effect is to piss me off and close my wallet. 

PerttiA said:

Tokens are back surprise

Has anybody earned any new ones yet? How long are the ones we earn today good for? 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

Chibimonchichi said:

Nope ;) 

Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

Tokens are back surprise

Has anybody earned any new ones yet? How long are the ones we earn today good for? 

Last week, if one waited until 9PM Daztime (the time I wake up) the earned tokens were valid for five days, ie. until end of Saturday. If one pulled the trigger at 3PM Daztime, one got only four days.

• SnowSnow Posts: 95

The Celebrate With Star Spangled Sale was a very nice welcome, thanks DAZ! I was just about to purchase again because the coupon can be used twice per customer and it worked a minute ago but I guess it just got expired, too bad. The orange banner is still up but I guess we'll have to close that manually.

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

Tokens are back surprise

Last week, if one waited until 9PM Daztime (the time I wake up) the earned tokens were valid for five days, ie. until end of Saturday. If one pulled the trigger at 3PM Daztime, one got only four days.

Yes, I know. But the old promtion was ended and this is a new one. So I wondered if the time period was the same as in the old one or not.  

• PerttiA said:

Tokens are back surprise

Drat, says my better self, who was looking forward to creating more and buying less. On the plus side, it looks like I have the tokens from my last spendathon the day the tokens ended (the last time). Nothing inspires me to buy today - even with 40% off - but if there's a good sale tomorrow ... 

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

Tokens are back surprise

Drat, says my better self, who was looking forward to creating more and buying less. On the plus side, it looks like I have the tokens from my last spendathon the day the tokens ended (the last time). Nothing inspires me to buy today - even with 40% off - but if there's a good sale tomorrow ... 

I know... I thought I had enough store credit for couple of weeks without the tokens and I was just toying with a 10 dollar cart. Pretty sure I was going to dump it, when the tokens came back and I had eight... Now the cart has 34 items for $60.05 at 91% off blush

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940

DanaTA said:

dortybassa said:

Charlie Judge said:

Chibimonchichi said:

I think you may be right.  I live in the U.S.A., but haven't spent very much at all this year.  Yet, I got the banner, and bought three items last night. 

.,..same here as i tend to be frugal out of necessity and thus don't jump an every new "shiny" that shows up in the store.  Admittedly a good part of the downturn in my purchases has been due to G9 which I have no interest in. I already have a rather comprehensive G3/G8 library that will keep me busy for a while. 

When just about every new release is G9 related (save maybe for a prop or scene set), it reduces the items often required to unlock deals and discounts.(many times now not just one, but two  needed),  Hence what products that are interesting end up on the wishlist in hopes that down the road I'll pick them up when they are deeply discounted during a sale .or end up in Fastgrab. 

I will admit that the wishlist sale was a welcome addition (the "other store" does that a couple times a year).

Also pleased that the tokens are back.

However as prices go up, sales events have more conditions to unlock deals, and G9 dominates the store I see my buying tapering off even more. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,791

Snow said:

The Celebrate With Star Spangled Sale was a very nice welcome, thanks DAZ! I was just about to purchase again because the coupon can be used twice per customer and it worked a minute ago but I guess it just got expired, too bad. The orange banner is still up but I guess we'll have to close that manually.

i just now used the $1.99 deal to buy 6 items. 

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,182

Looks there was kind of a store glitch which was just resolved. My cart just jumped from 90$ to 250$. Well no shopping then ;-)

This discussion has been closed.