There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,797

joanna said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Well I guess there was never a sales extension as useless as this one. With the order from yesterday I had 14 tokens which are all useless and gone today. So no more 40% on the whole order. Why should I shop again today. Makes no sense at all.

OK, you may get a good discount on a large gift card. But I have shopped so much that I definitively need to cut on spendings and enjoy and use the stuff I bought over the last weeks. So I'm fine with the $30 I still have left in store credit and won't get any more to prevent myself from spending ;-)

But it was fun I have to say.

There's also nothing new today to squeeze any interest. I scrolled through the promo page and my reaction was "saw this yesterday, saw that yesterday..." No new debut items, no rotation in D+FAD, and so on. The only new thing seems to be the gift card discount (with no buy-ins!).

And one got 10% off a Gift Card yesterday, even without it being promoted anywhere. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Well I guess there was never a sales extension as useless as this one.

This 24h extansion to the 1st of July allowed me to use my DAZ+ Coupons on heavily reduced items... As I didn't bothered much about tokens - due to not being a big spender and usually only getting one token or two maximum - using the coupons this way was a lot more valuable to me.

• johnbuckeridge said:

Erm... what's going on with the Lightening Deals?  Every time lately, it'll be something like 89% off on the page, but then 86% off in the cart - a seemingly small differennce that can actually make quite a difference.  What's going on?

There seems to be a conflict - if you purchase and then open a support ticket you can get the overcharge back.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,109
    edited July 2023
    Wish I had a working crystal ball and knew a) if there will be a special 4th of July sale and b) if so, if it will be very good. ;)

I bought some credit for 10% off and some for 19% off these past few days... and used all but $3 yesterday. I don't regret it - with discounts of 89% to 94% off when factoring the gift cards, I snagged some of the most expensive items from my wishlist.

But I'm reluctant to buy more credit blindly because a) I'm swimming in new content and b) I'm somewhat doubtful that any sale in the immediate future is going to measure up.

I think that's a possible danger of Daz's recent sales strategy - gaining a boost in sales but potentially teaching customers to expect that level of discount before purchasing. Aside from filling immediate needs for specific products, I don't imagine 70% off will be looking that attractive to me for a while.

But that's not necessarily a bad thing - Daz got a big cash infusion from me, and I shouldn't need to purchase much for a while anyway, with all this new stuff. And who knows, the next sale might blow tokens out of the water.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952

I honestly don't have room for more content

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

I was rather shocked a few days ago to find that I'm getting a little short on drive space myself and this is a computer that I just had built seven months ago. Yikes. Too much stuff. 

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 874
    edited July 2023

Um, this might be me after the insane sales that popped up all this past month since the mad Memorial Day sales... I may need to go on a DAZ diet...crying I just have no clue how. blush Or maybe I do, but who's going to make me? surprisecheeky

But yeah, it was sorta painfully fun, but a little excessive. Though lovely stuff of course. Time to do some projects to convince myself there's purpose to all this shopping! laugh

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,388

SapphireBlue said:

Um, this might be me after the insane sales that popped up all this past month since the mad Memorial Day sales... I may need to go on a DAZ diet...crying I just have no clue how. blush Or maybe I do, but who's going to make me? surprisecheeky

But yeah, it was sorta painfully fun, but a little excessive. Though lovely stuff of course. Time to do some projects to convince myself there's purpose to all this shopping! laugh

I got a cat like that.  

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,315

paulawp (marahzen) said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I was rather shocked a few days ago to find that I'm getting a little short on drive space myself and this is a computer that I just had built seven months ago. Yikes. Too much stuff. 

Know what you mean I have over 8Tb's installed and probably another 16 to 20Tb's uninstalled 

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,709
    edited July 2023

Robert Freise said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Know what you mean I have over 8Tb's installed and probably another 16 to 20Tb's uninstalled 

suprize_0.jpg
    630 x 630 - 38K
    Post edited by DustRider on
  • mdingmding Posts: 1,174

DustRider said:

Robert Freise said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

@DustRider: Understandable reaction, but you just got a glimpse into your own future laugh

Cool graphic btw!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,494

Unless I am missing something it doesn't look like there is much of a sale today. Even the wishlist sale is not really great now that there aren't any tokens.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952

Charlie Judge said:

Unless I am missing something it doesn't look like there is much of a sale today. Even the wishlist sale is not really great now that there aren't any tokens.

Fuzagi's latest tavern looks quite nice, I did actually have a good look at the promos but the last months sales ran me dry in the budget devil

edited July 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Charlie Judge said:

Fuzagi's latest tavern looks quite nice, I did actually have a good look at the promos but the last months sales ran me dry in the budget devil

Yes it does; but it is only 30% off and there are no longer tokens to get a better price. So, it just gets added to the wishlist to wait for a better sale. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

Unfortunately, without the tokens, my spending will be greatly reduced, as they pretty much cover the exchange rate on our currently lousy Canadian dollar. On the other hand, I took advantage of them while I had them during the sales, and got some amazing deals. 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,126

Right now I'm trying to decide if I need G9 zombies. With the montly coupon I can get them down to $3.99, but should I save that coupon for something else?

I see the % 0ff wislist items has just increased from 30% off to 45% off.

Sizzling Legacy Deals gets down to 88% off with DO items that are on my wishlist.
    Daz Originals that are Daz+, on my wishlist and have 88% off base discount, get down to 95% off but they have been on sale at $0.60 (96.4% off) before.

They already changed the coupons to "usable MULTIPLE TIMES", but that's not going to be enough...

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454

I'm a little confused. Earlier today the wishlist items were 30% off and now they are 45%? If we bought wishlist items at the lower discount earlier today can we put in a ticket for the difference?

edited July 2023

Calliope23 said:

I'm a little confused. Earlier today the wishlist items were 30% off and now they are 45%? If we bought wishlist items at the lower discount earlier today can we put in a ticket for the difference?

Well, you could try; but the sale does have this disclaimer:

* Cannot be used to discount items already owned. 

So no guarantee that you would be able to get it. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Calliope23 said:

Usually*, it's worth waiting until 2PM - 3PM Daztime before pulling the trigger, because that is the time they may put up additional offers. I usually wait until 9PM Daztime, which is the time I wake up.

*Exception being discounts 'too good' to believe... They may get fixed once people at Daz get to work.

• Charlie Judge said:

Calliope23 said:

Well, you could try; but the sale does have this disclaimer:

* Cannot be used to discount items already owned. 

So no guarantee that you would be able to get it. 

No harm in asking, though.

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454

Thank you for the responses. smiley

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,333

The 10% off featured artists stores seems particularly miserly. It says an extra 10% off but most items in there have no other discount. I can't see many people rushing to take advantage of this offer.

Havos said:

The 10% off featured artists stores seems particularly miserly. It says an extra 10% off but most items in there have no other discount. I can't see many people rushing to take advantage of this offer.

Most (if not all) of the featured artists items are probably included in the "Deals" section. At least the few I checked were.  So, you are getting the extra 10% on top of the "Deals" discount.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,757

...bugger, orange banner for up to 3 DOs at 1.99$ but won't get my pension deposit until Monday.

kyoto kid said:

...bugger, orange banner for up to 3 DOs at 1.99$ but won't get my pension deposit until Monday.

No orange banner for me crying 

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 497

kyoto kid said:

6 with a new release (but works with a daz+ freebee ) and coupon can be used twice.  Done a little bit of bundle filling and happy I held off from the £3.99 items now! 

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,169

Same. No orange nowhere.

• The orange banner says "Celebrate With Star Spangled Sales" so everyone should get it? I'm guessing?

This discussion has been closed.