There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,388

Tomhip said:

Charlie Judge said:

It doesn't seem right that dates that promised one expiration date have now had the date changed to an earlier one. Also I think it would have been a lot fairer if DAZ had annouced the date that all coupons would expire at least four days in advance.

Better learn to fly :]

winklaughyes

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,320

caravelle said:

Tomhip said:

Charlie Judge said:

It doesn't seem right that dates that promised one expiration date have now had the date changed to an earlier one. Also I think it would have been a lot fairer if DAZ had annouced the date that all coupons would expire at least four days in advance.

Better learn to fly :]

winklaughyes

What he said 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,502
    The MY-!0 coupon works on gift cards.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,764

@Tornhip ...I love it.

...well made my last purchase for this sale as my bank account is low and I'm not sure if Monday is being considered a government holiday Id so that would make tomorrow the day when my SS deposit hits my bank  as if the day lands on either a weekend or a holiday I get it earlier. If not it will be a really lean weekend until Monday.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,170

How can DAZ just do away with tokens? I am pretty sure I had a different expiration date earlier. Now even the tokesn I earned just some minutes ago are said to expire tomorrow (that's Saturday 8 am in Europe equaling Friday midnight). I understan that the tokens might come to an end (and so will my purchases). But how come DAZ does this right before a potential final catch-up sale which will for sure happen at the weekend. Don't read the small print but this feels kind of wrong.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,595

i just checked my new one and, yes, expires tomorrow

edited June 2023

...glad I used mine up as they were set to expire today anyway. 

Of all the little tricks and gimmicks I've seen here, I must say the tokens were actually a nice idea (particularly with the double token Mondays). .Would have liked them to last at least 5 - 6 days, but hey can't have everything.  So what will be he next trick? A return to punches that evaporate if you miss a day?  Or, "the more you buy the bigger the discount"? Or maybe needing three debut or "nearly new" releases to get an extra 10% off?

Whatever happened to just a nice simple old fashioned 50% off sale (like MM used to be back in the day) with no silly games (well, maybe tokens).

The big disappointments this year the price increase for D+FaD and BYOB sales as well as no extra 10% off on new releases and DO items for Daz+ members. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,325

Rod Wise Driggo said:

How can DAZ just do away with tokens? I am pretty sure I had a different expiration date earlier. Now even the tokesn I earned just some minutes ago are said to expire tomorrow (that's Saturday 8 am in Europe equaling Friday midnight). I understan that the tokens might come to an end (and so will my purchases). But how come DAZ does this right before a potential final catch-up sale which will for sure happen at the weekend. Don't read the small print but this feels kind of wrong.

Daz said that the token promotion would end Friday, so they won't be worth anything after that anyway. No point keeping them, otherwise everyone would complain that their tokens don't work.

Where did DAZ say that? Don't find anything on the site about that. We're in the final week of the sale, that's all I can find. But whatever, in this case I might do a final (mild) order today and DAZ can celebrate their final catch-up sale alone.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,814

kyoto kid said:

Whatever happened to just a nice simple old fashioned 50% off sale (like MM used to be back in the day) with no silly games (well, maybe tokens).

I would not buy at 50% off.

The stacking discounts and tokens have been giving 90%+ off for the whole cart, and that is the reason for shopping here instead of the other stores with their lame discounts. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,325

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Where did DAZ say that? Don't find anything on the site about that. We're in the final week of the sale, that's all I can find. But whatever, in this case I might do a final (mild) order today and DAZ can celebrate their final catch-up sale alone.

I really don't recall, but it might have been on the first promo page that mentioned that this is the last week of the Daz+ Summer sale. Whatever, it fits with the tokens expiring at the end of the Daz day Friday.

NorthOf45 said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Daz said that the token promotion would end Friday, so they won't be worth anything after that anyway. No point keeping them, otherwise everyone would complain that their tokens don't work.

They have not said anywhere anything about Friday.

They have said that this is the last week for Daz+ Summer Sale, but the week doesn't end on Friday. In here a week ends at the end of Sunday.

The snapshot was taken on June 26th before pulling the trigger on a new cart that gave tokens that were expiring at the end of Sunday Daztime. Later, the expiration date for all the tokens was shortened to end of Friday this week

Tokens.PNG
    693 x 340 - 214K
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,820

Another stacking wishlist sale, yay/oh no!   laugh/crying

Hylas said:

Another stacking wishlist sale, yay/oh no!   laugh/crying

Yeah... After they changed the expiration date of all the tokens, I started doing carts with just the items I really really wanted at the price they were offered as I had more than enough tokens even if I didn't get any back.

...Now the cart says 63 items with 21 tokens to be earned... Sigh...

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454

I am both happy and terrified that there are over 500 items on my wishlist! Some restraint is definitely needed. Trying to go for things I actually need and will use.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,388

Factum est. I have completed the D+ Summer Sale and don't have a single token left. Today alone, three carts for a total of about $200; I should consult my doctor. But it was sooo cool, and I got so much for that amount - including actually almost everything I've wanted for a long time. 

NorthOf45 said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I really don't recall, but it might have been on the first promo page that mentioned that this is the last week of the Daz+ Summer sale. Whatever, it fits with the tokens expiring at the end of the Daz day Friday.

IIRC that merely said that this was the last week for tokens without specifying Friday as the last day.  There is one more day after today in the week.

Charlie Judge said:

NorthOf45 said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

IIRC that merely said that this was the last week for tokens without specifying Friday as the last day.  There is one more day after today in the week.

Two more days wink 

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

NorthOf45 said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Two more days wink 

Depends on what calander you use; but Sunday is usually the start of the week. However, DAZ sales frequently look like they consider Monday as the start of the week. 

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 664

I bought the Mashup for G9 Pro Bundle yesterday and own all of the Monster Environment Bundle except for KA Prehistoric Lands currently at $7.48. I would have to buy the complete Monster Environment bundle at $44.07 to get the discounts others are getting today.  Doesn't seem fair or right. "Debut" means shown to the public for the first time! I tried to upload a pic of my cart but something went wrong. It's not a good shopping day for me :(

• Is anyone getting the extra 30% off to work on this current sale? I see items on my wish list added before June 30th that are already discounted but putting them in my cart does not give an extra 30% off....

Anthony_Christian said:

Is anyone getting the extra 30% off to work on this current sale? I see items on my wish list added before June 30th that are already discounted but putting them in my cart does not give an extra 30% off....

Yes. I am seeing 30% on items that are not new and 10% on new items. 

Are your items not new ant not in Fast Grab?

• bishboschbishbosch Posts: 47

Thank you, Daz, for today's sale. I will never financially recover from this.

Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

Two more days wink 

Depends on what calander you use; but Sunday is usually the start of the week. However, DAZ sales frequently look like they consider Monday as the start of the week. 

Sunday has never been the start of the week over here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Week

The Geneva-based ISO standards organization uses Monday as the first day of the week in its ISO week date system through the international ISO 8601 standard.[a] Most of Europe and China consider Monday the first day of the week 

azoohouse said:

I bought the Mashup for G9 Pro Bundle yesterday and own all of the Monster Environment Bundle except for KA Prehistoric Lands currently at $7.48. I would have to buy the complete Monster Environment bundle at $44.07 to get the discounts others are getting today.  Doesn't seem fair or right. "Debut" means shown to the public for the first time! I tried to upload a pic of my cart but something went wrong. It's not a good shopping day for me :(

So did I. That is one of the things. Never buy too early. I bought yesterday to stack up on tokens for the grand final weekend. Well, DAZ had other plans. I also dislike that there are no new debut releases today. But a debut new is IMO only needed if you want that discount on DAZ+. In all other cases still new is sufficient. And there are some Debut Releases besides the 2 Bundles from yesterday you could get like the Hagata Poses.

• colcurvecolcurve Posts: 147

is it really the final day? based on past experience a surprise might be lurking around the corner.

do the new plat coupons get activate later today? 

colcurve said:

is it really the final day? based on past experience a surprise might be lurking around the corner.

do the new plat coupons get activate later today? 

It well might be extended; but if so, it is unlikely to be at a lower price. So it probably is not worth wating for an extension. 

Lately the new coupons have not been active until the first day of the month.

• colcurvecolcurve Posts: 147

i think they used to activate shortly before day switch. i will try again in a few hours. :)

colcurve said:

i think they used to activate shortly before day switch. i will try again in a few hours. :)

That "few hours" is little over 14 hours to go. 

This discussion has been closed.