There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,668

I got the "We Missed You" coupon. But then the last time I bought something was May 4th. So....they might be trying to tempt me back. But alas, there is nothing under $5 that i actually want. indecision

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,954

PerttiA said:

XiousDs said:

I decided to pick up the Look At My Hair from AM in the D+FAD section as well as the cut ghosts and enough other items to hit the $10 mark for 2 tokens.  Anyone use Look At My Hair?  A lot of great looking rendors from its page, but was curious what any of yal's personal experience was with it, if you use it.  Thanks.

I had already dropped it from my wishlist because it's old, 3Delight and as far as I have read here, not that easy to work with, but at $2.39 it was cheap enough to find it's place in my Product Library. 

you can export static mesh for iray 

• DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 425

How much longer is this current mega sale gonna last?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,764

...until the Indepndence Day weekend sale? 

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,170

Damn, now what. Should I use the 20%-coupon ("next order") now?
    What to do with the $20 DAZ original coupon?
    Use it without tokens (as they do not work properly with the coupon) and just fetch some stuff from the flash sale.

Guess it will be wrong either way. If I don't the 20% it will probably be invalid tomorrow. If I use it on some items today, I'll probably miss out on that big new bundle coming this Thursday. Annoying!

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,110

Use it without tokens (as they do not work properly with the coupon) and just fetch some stuff from the flash sale.

Guess it will be wrong either way. If I don't the 20% it will probably be invalid tomorrow. If I use it on some items today, I'll probably miss out on that big new bundle coming this Thursday. Annoying!

Don't know when they expire, but in regards to use:

20% off: Combine with spotlight and tokens for 76% off new releases - quite nice imo, as I wanted several.

$20 off: Use on a single Daz bundle - Fill Your House: Bar Bundle for example - to get it at a good price. Or two or more cheaper DOs to get them free.
  • I picked up $19.77 worth of stuff - no tokens - mainly out of the 50% G9 sale, and used the $20 coupon for that. Then I came back and bought a couple of things that were new today that I wanted (and the cheesy martial arts freebie that went with the new+spotight) and used the 20% off plus exactly the number of tokens that the minimal transaction earned. Got two new G9 outfits I'd been meaning to pick up, the new hair, a spotlight thing, plus the freebie and an older Martin J Frost flower, for just over $10. I'm not unhappy, and I still have exactly the same number of tokens I had to start the day.

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 874

No "Thank You for Being Our Friend!" Orange banner for me or any other banners/coupons.... sad And I thought I was being super friendly with my shopping... blush

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,814

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I did pull the trigger on my cart with tokens and the $20 off coupon that gave only $12 off discount. Didn't have time to rearrange the cart anymore this morning, so now I need to send a ticket for the $8 I didn't get.

• youri_zyouri_z Posts: 150

Accidentally applied 8 tokens to a cart with freebies. This is the second time I've done this. Let's see if support will reinstate them. —This might be a sign to take a break.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,764

SapphireBlue said:

No "Thank You for Being Our Friend!" Orange banner for me or any other banners/coupons.... sad And I thought I was being super friendly with my shopping... blush

...same here.unless it's not for us miserly folks on tight budgets.. 

edited June 2023
    To be clear, this post isn't directed at anyone in particular. I don't see any over-the-top reactions above; only a light and understandable irritation with the lack of fixes for reported issues.

That said, it's worth remembering that some very nice, almost-new items were available completely free with this coupon. No strings attached, no additional purchase required. Or if preferred, some recent bundles could be purchased for 87-88% off. Wanting to maximize savings is natural, but it'd be foolish to allow the situation to sour one's mood when - despite the issue - it ultimately added free (or nicely discounted) content to our libraries. :)

And *that* said, Daz really should do better. The interaction between coupons and tokens has been a recurring issue. After addressing the problem multiple times, the knowledge should have been integrated into the daily work process to avoid future occurrences. :|
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,820
    edited June 2023

No "thank you for being a friend" banner for me... crying  despite being a big fan of the Golden Girls

Post edited by Hylas on
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,400

kaltland said:

manekiNeko said:

PerttiA said:

Aelin said:

I have too the MISSED-YOU coupon banner. And each time I add something from the linked list given by Daz, I end with the $5 not fully counted. I assume it's because Daz made a discount on old Poser format products in which I'm interested for this day. So, no thank you, I won't pay more than it should be. Either there is already a discount and the $5 offer doesn't work on (in that case those products haven't to be in the list) or the coupon code works fully even on discounted products and Daz needs to fix the problem.

But in a way or another, Daz should already have make things working correctly, before to launch such banner.

The fixed dollar amount discounts have beena problem for quite some time, it's all about the order in which the discounts are given and the fixed dollar ones should always be the last, but quite often they are not.

If the issue is posted on the Reporting thread, the moderators have forwarded them to DAZ and the issue has usually been fixed pretty soon (faster than "DAZ soon")

UPDATE: NOW IT WORKS! I COULD, AS PROMISED IN THE BANNER, USE THE CODE 3 TIMES, AND WITH 3 ITEMS UNDER 5$ I GOT THEM FOR FREE.  

WHY "missed you"? Did you make a purchase yesterday? 

nope, missed-you coupons happen once in a while when you have NOT purchased anything for a while, it's like daz waving "hello don't forget us".

it's not that i don't want to buy stuff, but unlike a few years ago, i barely have enough to survive, so 3d stuff is def not in my bidget, unless i get a bday/xmas gift in cash...

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,502
    edited June 2023

doubledeviant said:

AnEye4Art said:

"Don't miss out on the final week of the Daz+ sale and Daz Tokens! Make sure to take advantage of this opportunity before it's over" Is the token going away?

Sounds like it, but only Daz knows, unless the mods have more info. I don't mind - at this point I've acquired the more important (to me) items from my wishlist at great prices, and planning around tokens has become tiresome. I was already thinking of letting my tokens run out at the end of the month - I kept a decent amount on a regular basis thanks to the double-token days, but long-term the extra planning involved with tokens isn't appealing to me.

It'd be nice if grab bags and such return to cheaper prices, to be able to pop a couple in cart whenever interesting items are offered, instead of needing tokens to make the prices worthwhile.

Could we please get some clarification as to whether  or not tokens will still be valid next week? For example if I purchase items on Saturday or Sunday will the tokens I earn still be good on Wednesday?

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Charlie Judge said:

Could we please get some clarification as to whether  or not tokens will still be valid next week? For example if I purchase items on Saturday or Sunday will the tokens I earn still be good on Wednesday?

The tokens I earned 9PM Daztime yesterday say they will expire "on Mon, 03 Jul 2023 06:00:00 UTC"

It's interesting to see what the expiry date will be for the tokens earned 9PM Daztime today.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 226

kyoto kid said:

SapphireBlue said:

I spent a couple hundred in the last several days and got 0 coupons, so either you had to hit some pretty specific criteria or spend a lot. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,462

XiousDs said:

I spent a couple hundred in the last several days and got 0 coupons, so either you had to hit some pretty specific criteria or spend a lot. 

Or it is one of those "random sample of customers" things, unrelated to activity, or another "Andy" error. With the number of daily errors in advertising and sale behavior, who can tell?

XiousDs said:

kyoto kid said:

SapphireBlue said:

Well, I didn't spend anywhere near $200 in the last several days. But I have been spending regulary throuhout 2023 and during the DAZ+ sale and I got the "Thank you for being a friend" coupon. 

• I have spent a truckload during this sale - really, ever since the token era began - and did get the "thank you for being a friend" coupon.

• PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

The tokens I earned 9PM Daztime yesterday say they will expire "on Mon, 03 Jul 2023 06:00:00 UTC"

It's interesting to see what the expiry date will be for the tokens earned 9PM Daztime today.

Mine from last night are showing they expire at the end of Friday, Daz time.

edited June 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

That's what mine are saying now too... All 32 expiring at the end of Friday Daztime. Time to start trimming the cart...

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • PerttiA said:

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

That's what mine are saying now too... All 32 expiring at the end of Friday Daztime. Time to start trimming the cart...

Yep, can concur. This change appears to have occurred in recent hours. Not only am I pretty sure I checked early today and saw later dates, I made a small buy this morning and had one new token from it; it wouldn't have had an expiration date of the end of Friday.

In a way, I'm relieved - I have bought so much stuff and it's probably time to step back and do more using and less buying/testing. But .. the token era made it possible to get almost everything that I had considered picking up "someday" in my first year and a half or so of using Daz, mostly at the 80+% off that I demand before I get interested.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

In a way, I'm relieved - I have bought so much stuff and it's probably time to step back and do more using and less buying/testing. But .. the token era made it possible to get almost everything that I had considered picking up "someday" in my first year and a half or so of using Daz, mostly at the 80+% off that I demand before I get interested.

I'm so used to 90%+ off carts with an average $2 per item that it may take a while before getting back on the wagon after the tokens are gone, but it has been a wild (and expensive) ride that has added countless of pages to my Product Library.

edited June 2023

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

Yep, can concur. This change appears to have occurred in recent hours. Not only am I pretty sure I checked early today and saw later dates, I made a small buy this morning and had one new token from it; it wouldn't have had an expiration date of the end of Friday.

It doesn't seem right that dates that promised one expiration date have now had the date changed to an earlier one. Also I think it would have been a lot fairer if DAZ had annouced the date that all coupons would expire at least four days in advance.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • All I ask is a decent sale/reasonable new stuff between now and then. One of my very early token adventures almost ended badly - and might have soured me on the whole thing - as a result of the "five days of orcs" extravaganza that commenced immediately after one of my first transactions - if not my first - in which I finally had 8 tokens to work with and day after day of nothing I remotely wanted to buy.

By the way, the Gift Card discount is still active. Got 10% off of $166

PerttiA said:

By the way, the Gift Card discount is still active. Got 10% off of $166

Thank you for that - saved me 10% on last night's order. :)
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 296

Charlie Judge said:

It doesn't seem right that dates that promised one expiration date have now had the date changed to an earlier one. Also I think it would have been a lot fairer if DAZ had annouced the date that all coupons would expire at least four days in advance.

Better learn to fly :]

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,595

no coupons again. 

This discussion has been closed.