There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

PerttiA said:

sazzyazzca said:

I did not have a chance to look at deal rotation 3 until there was about an hour and a half left.  It takes me a while to dig through 1000s of items, and it takes FOREVER to delete stuff out of your daz cart.  I wish they would add a stupid check box to items you want to clear so you can quickly trim your cart with a bunch of check box clicks then a remove from cart click.

I have walked away from my cart more than once due to how slow it is. I really don't understand why there are no checkboxes. You can click several hearts or Xs in quick succession and remove several items at once, but it's a hit-and-miss and you have to keep checking if they got removed or not, especially if you have lots in your cart. I rather like Amazon's cart, where there is both a "save for later" option and a wishlist.

To get a good deal, you're paying with your time. Life is short and time is valuable. I spent far too much time on the weekend slogging through the different categories. Granted, I got some amazing deals, and I'm grateful for that, but I'm not willing to do it again today.

It's much faster to add something to ones cart, then remove it from the popup list and keep removing the ones you don't want that much (from the popup)

Correct, and I often do that, but it doesn't show your total, and if you're on a buying spree, it's easy to lose track.

• jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 482

Did they forget to switch over the blink sale an hour ago?

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 231

jjmainor said:

I think so, since there is already a page 4 of stuff marked for future sale.  And... some of those items are ones I ACTUALLY had favorited. lol 

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794

jjmainor said:

They are probably waiting for the 40% off wishlist sale to end... frown

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238

Unfortunately, it's technically illegal.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,841

The Blink sale only gives 50% off, no matter how many Debut New one has in the cart

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,820

You guys... my store credit is gone. blush

Not sure how they did it. I don't feel like I've been outragous in my spendings. For all the talk about how this sale is worse than previous ones, it sure seems to work on me.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 301

I actually was waiting 2h past my bedtime for the next blink sale switch...

... not happy, and very sleepy now.

No point in trying to collect a cart when 'nothing' works... I wonder if we need to wait until 9AM Daztime...

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,400

so, this morning i got this "missed you" banner --> Use Coupon Code MISSED-YOU to get $5 OFF* any 1 Daz Original

and since i'm flat broke as always, my only choice was to painstackingly find 3x items costing 5$ or less (which means mainly mega ancient stuff including M3 items spread on 5 pages, with barely a handful of recent stuff). once i'd done that after a long while of browsing stuff i would need to be paid to purchase and found 3 things i hated a bit less, i started putting 1 in the cart, and then suddenly the price went up over 5$. same for the others. i guess they were already discounted and the discount went away or something, no idea. anyway, it means i can't even grab those 3 "freebies"...

is that pasrt of the general chaos going on as i saw in other sales threads?

Hylas said:

Not sure how they did it. I don't feel like I've been outragous in my spendings. For all the talk about how this sale is worse than previous ones, it sure seems to work on me.

The stacking wishlist sale was great; they haven't had one of those in at least 15 years.  I spent more yesterday than I had in the previous 3 months...

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,166

WandW said:

Hylas said:

The stacking wishlist sale was great; they haven't had one of those in at least 15 years.  I spent more yesterday than I had in the previous 3 months...

Yeah, I loved it too. I spent more than I intended, and there were double tokens on top of that. I pretty much always buy stuff off my wishlist: it's an over 2000 products list with stuff I want, maybe want, don't need but want, and so on, so I had a pretty good selection of things among the friends of sale and blink sales and the wishlist discount.

• AelinAelin Posts: 112

I have too the MISSED-YOU coupon banner. And each time I add something from the linked list given by Daz, I end with the $5 not fully counted. I assume it's because Daz made a discount on old Poser format products in which I'm interested for this day. So, no thank you, I won't pay more than it should be. Either there is already a discount and the $5 offer doesn't work on (in that case those products haven't to be in the list) or the coupon code works fully even on discounted products and Daz needs to fix the problem.

But in a way or another, Daz should already have make things working correctly, before to launch such banner.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 301

WandW said:

Hylas said:

I woudl prbably still be spending today if it kept going... so maybe good :S

edited June 2023

Aelin said:

I have too the MISSED-YOU coupon banner. And each time I add something from the linked list given by Daz, I end with the $5 not fully counted. I assume it's because Daz made a discount on old Poser format products in which I'm interested for this day. So, no thank you, I won't pay more than it should be. Either there is already a discount and the $5 offer doesn't work on (in that case those products haven't to be in the list) or the coupon code works fully even on discounted products and Daz needs to fix the problem.

But in a way or another, Daz should already have make things working correctly, before to launch such banner.

The fixed dollar amount discounts have beena problem for quite some time, it's all about the order in which the discounts are given and the fixed dollar ones should always be the last, but quite often they are not.

If the issue is posted on the Reporting thread, the moderators have forwarded them to DAZ and the issue has usually been fixed pretty soon (faster than "DAZ soon")

Post edited by PerttiA on
    edited June 2023

WandW said:

Hylas said:

That is why the sale really aggrevated me.  I looked at all of the great deals I missed out on just because I did not add the stuff I really wanted to my wish list.  Then the last 6 hour sale of blink rotation sale was supposed to have Michael 9 in it again while the wishlist was still going on, and they never changed the deal over.  I had Michael 9 Fantasy Mega Bundle Wishlisted.  It was one of only a few newish things I actually had wishlisted, and then they never swapped over to it.  I spent about $200, but over all the sale just made me really aggrevated. I did get the demon dog for daz dog 8 by Jolab1985 for 86% off though.  Been watching that thing for like a year now.

Post edited by XiousDs on
    edited June 2023

For those that received the "Thank You for Being Our Friend!" Orange banner, the $20 off any DO doesn't have to be just one (expensive) item, but the discount is spread between all the (non-new, non-Daz+) DO items in the cart.

Although at the moment, the $20 is reduced by the token discount... 8 Tokens gives one just $12 off with the coupon

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Loved the Extra 50% Off Wishlisted sale! It's my new favorite promo. As often happens to me, I couldn't buy nearly as much as I wanted but what I got was great, especially Humo the Dragon (under $10!). I Wishlisted them on release, a rarity for me now and glad I did. I also picked up the Riversoft Arts/Sickleyield 3DL to Iray converter and Leathered Wings for All.

I liked that the wings have separates as well as the pair. I had the converter Wishlisted for a long time but what nudged me to buy - besides price - was finally noticing that there were included Iray shaders for character skins from V4/M4 to G8M/F.

I also saw we have a new female pose set for G3-9, https://www.daz3d.com/nature-muse-for-genesis-9-genesis-8-females-and-genesis-3-females. I was considering it (I want to support PAs going to the extra trouble) but decided against it. Most of the poses, in spite of the set name, are what I think of as "photoshoot" or "fashion model" and I have more than enough of those.

• kaltlandkaltland Posts: 39

Why this missed-you coupon? Because I purchased yesterday? Is that correct and legal? Or is it an error? I'm an active user. 

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,400

PerttiA said:

Aelin said:

The fixed dollar amount discounts have beena problem for quite some time, it's all about the order in which the discounts are given and the fixed dollar ones should always be the last, but quite often they are not.

If the issue is posted on the Reporting thread, the moderators have forwarded them to DAZ and the issue has usually been fixed pretty soon (faster than "DAZ soon")

UPDATE: NOW IT WORKS! I COULD, AS PROMISED IN THE BANNER, USE THE CODE 3 TIMES, AND WITH 3 ITEMS UNDER 5$ I GOT THEM FOR FREE.  

manekiNeko said:

PerttiA said:

Aelin said:

UPDATE: NOW IT WORKS! I COULD, AS PROMISED IN THE BANNER, USE THE CODE 3 TIMES, AND WITH 3 ITEMS UNDER 5$ I GOT THEM FOR FREE.  

WHY "missed you"? Did you make a purchase yesterday? 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,571

The coupons today are very nice, much appreciated!

tsroemi said:

did you receive the coupon "missed-you"? Did you make any purchase yesterday? 

tsroemi said:

Not certain what the requirements were for getting coupons today.  Some folks got miss you coupons when they spent, and some folks got other coupons.  Must have been specific items or a price requirement over $200 I guess cause I have not seen any coupons for a while. 

I could understand why DAZ doesn't miss me, as I'm on the site daily, but I'm apparently not DAZ' friend... sad

WandW said:

I could understand why DAZ doesn't miss me, as I'm on the site daily, but I'm apparently not DAZ' friend... sad

maybe the "missed you" is after a purchase ? I don't purchase daily. Just yesterday 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,771

...hmm missed the coupons as i was dealing with RL stuff all day until about 15 minutes ago.

An Orange Banner for 20$ off on DOs?  I see no orange banner (bugger).

The only other offer on the store banner besides today's sale theme is 50% off on G9 stufff, That's a pass. 

However the wishlist sale was very helpful particularly when some items were also on other sales and I had a few tokens laying about.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,954

kaltland said:

WandW said:

maybe the "missed you" is after a purchase ? I don't purchase daily. Just yesterday 

I didn't get one either but with daily purchases that's to be expected laugh 

I decided to pick up the Look At My Hair from AM in the D+FAD section as well as the cut ghosts and enough other items to hit the $10 mark for 2 tokens.  Anyone use Look At My Hair?  A lot of great looking rendors from its page, but was curious what any of yal's personal experience was with it, if you use it.  Thanks.

XiousDs said:

I decided to pick up the Look At My Hair from AM in the D+FAD section as well as the cut ghosts and enough other items to hit the $10 mark for 2 tokens.  Anyone use Look At My Hair?  A lot of great looking rendors from its page, but was curious what any of yal's personal experience was with it, if you use it.  Thanks.

I had already dropped it from my wishlist because it's old, 3Delight and as far as I have read here, not that easy to work with, but at $2.39 it was cheap enough to find it's place in my Product Library. 

This discussion has been closed.