There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,507

emanuela1 said:

Thanks Charlie Judge for the suggestion, I'll be careful when the deadline approaches. However, even last year I renewed my subscription a month and a half in advance and had no problems. I pay for purchases on DAZ with paypal, but I've never asked PayPal to pay automatically when due. Is this a special way of payment?

No, it automaticaly automaticaly enters it as a subscription when you pay for a membership with PayPal. To avoid the problem I always buy store credit and then use the credit to purchase the membership 

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 541

Thanks DanaTA  and Charlie Judge for the information. Do you know how to avoid auto renewal on PayPal? I searched the pages of the site, but I couldn't find where to cancel the autorenewal.

emanuela1 said:

Thanks DanaTA  and Charlie Judge for the information. Do you know how to avoid auto renewal on PayPal? I searched the pages of the site, but I couldn't find where to cancel the autorenewal.

In Paypal click the gear icon (upper right) > payments > scroll down and click on automatic payments 

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 541
    edited June 2023

I found the right page with the gear and canceled the automatic renewal.
    Thanks again Charlie Judge :)

Post edited by emanuela1 on
  • XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 231

Charlie Judge said:

XiousDs said:

emanuela1 said:

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question. My daz+ subscription expires in November, I saw a new offer with a 60% discount when you buy two items and I'm tempted to renew it now, but the renewal starts in November, when it expires, or from now (in which case you'll lose a few months and I won't it's convenient)?

Thank you

It tacks on the new subscription starting when your current subscription would end.  So another year starting in November.  That is the best way to keep your subription active by renewing it before it would expire a few months or so early during a really good discount promotion. 

However, one caveat: If you paid for your current subscription with PayPal you need to go to PayPal and cancel the subscription there. Otherwise PayPal will send DAZ a payment for the full price in November.  

That is why I will NEVER use paypal for subscriptions again. 

edited June 2023

Well daz just lost out on a bunch of sales.  Had been building my cart for the last couple hours and missed that the 6 hour change over was about due.  I just threw 2/3rd of my cart away as it just jumped from $400 to $580.  Now my cart is $130.  Good job on pushing changing sale items during the course of a day again.  More lost sales from it.

Really kind of ticked off.  A bunch of the items that changed price were stuff I was really wanting at the price they were.  Now I think I will just get enough to replace my 8 tokens. :(

Will be happy when tokens are done.  Just hope we know for certain when that will be, and not have DAZ be like surprise you let your tokens expire but we are still doing tokens for another, another, another week...

Just a dumb sale day.  What should have been a great awesom sale day is stupid because of the rotating sale function and 40% your wish list items...  Most of what is in my wishlist is old stuff when I first joined daz and is less wanted then newer stuff.  I also had been using my wish list to mark favorite artists rather than marking all the stuff I wanted from favorite artist.  Now I know, just throw everything you actually like into wish list so if Daz decides to do a sale like this again it actually helps you...  Of course once we do that, they will probably never do it again. rofl  

Post edited by XiousDs on

XiousDs said:

Charlie Judge said:

XiousDs said:

emanuela1 said:

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question. My daz+ subscription expires in November, I saw a new offer with a 60% discount when you buy two items and I'm tempted to renew it now, but the renewal starts in November, when it expires, or from now (in which case you'll lose a few months and I won't it's convenient)?

Thank you

It tacks on the new subscription starting when your current subscription would end.  So another year starting in November.  That is the best way to keep your subription active by renewing it before it would expire a few months or so early during a really good discount promotion. 

However, one caveat: If you paid for your current subscription with PayPal you need to go to PayPal and cancel the subscription there. Otherwise PayPal will send DAZ a payment for the full price in November.  

That is why I will NEVER use paypal for subscriptions again. 

Agreed; me too. If you want to pay with your PayPal account, I think it is much better to buy store credit with your PayPal account and then use that store credit to purchase the membership

Well, I used the 40% off items on my wishlist plus 8 tokens to buy what I could from my wishlist. But right now I am very short of funds and could only get some. I ended up buying $429.59 worth of items for $82.04. I wish I could have gotten a few more but that used up all my store credit.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,841

My cart ended up at 64 items worth $1620.04 for $150.10.

PerttiA said:

My cart ended up at 64 items worth $1620.04 for $150.10.

I ended up get about $700 for $70.  I had about $400 in cart, but daz price rotation killed much of what I was going to get, so I guess I saved $330 for another day. lol Been trying to use the discounts to get a bunch of the tool type items from folks like RS, SY, ManFriday, Code66, etc.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 122

Typical buy a bunch of stuff (a very good sale if you were able to combine things, I guess an advantage to a large wishlist) then of course today you could have done it and get double tokens indecision

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,110
    The blink rotation is annoying. I was skimming through my wishlist and noticed some Esid and FenixPhoenix products on sale. So I'm thinking "Great, I've been looking for a good opportunity to pick up some of their utilities." But as it turns out, only about half of them are on sale - the rest likely assigned to different rotations. And of course the male-female pairs of several are broken up. So instead of adding 6+ items to cart, I'll simply wait for a future sale that includes all of the pairs that interest me.
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,389

XiousDs said:

Well daz just lost out on a bunch of sales.  Had been building my cart for the last couple hours and missed that the 6 hour change over was about due.  I just threw 2/3rd of my cart away as it just jumped from $400 to $580.  Now my cart is $130.  Good job on pushing changing sale items during the course of a day again.  More lost sales from it.

Really kind of ticked off.  A bunch of the items that changed price were stuff I was really wanting at the price they were.  Now I think I will just get enough to replace my 8 tokens. :(

Will be happy when tokens are done.  Just hope we know for certain when that will be, and not have DAZ be like surprise you let your tokens expire but we are still doing tokens for another, another, another week...

Just a dumb sale day.  What should have been a great awesom sale day is stupid because of the rotating sale function and 40% your wish list items...  Most of what is in my wishlist is old stuff when I first joined daz and is less wanted then newer stuff.  I also had been using my wish list to mark favorite artists rather than marking all the stuff I wanted from favorite artist.  Now I know, just throw everything you actually like into wish list so if Daz decides to do a sale like this again it actually helps you...  Of course once we do that, they will probably never do it again. rofl  

On the top of the cart page there is always a notice when the sale for the items or some of them is about to expire. Of course you don't always look there, but since I experienced something similar this morning (only two items), I'll try to do it in the future.... ;-)

theflarf said:

Typical buy a bunch of stuff (a very good sale if you were able to combine things, I guess an advantage to a large wishlist) then of course today you could have done it and get double tokens indecision

The discount was better yesterday, non-DO wishlisted items were 91% off, today they are just 88% off (with 8 tokens)

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,110
    edited June 2023
    PerttiA said:

theflarf said:

The discount was better yesterday, non-DO wishlisted items were 91% off, today they are just 88% off (with 8 tokens)

True, but you can actually get a better deal today because of the gift card sale, depending on the cart.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,820

Just a reminder for everyone, items can be purchased several times over. Like the Random Casual Poses, hint hint.

Don't love the switch every 6 hours, or the byzantine cart-jenga of it all... I would prefere something a little more straight forward. That being said this is a great sales day if you are able/willing to take the time. Just spent a load of money but my wishlist is shorter than it's been in ages.

• RangerRickRangerRick Posts: 257

When I put a $110 Gift Card (only) in my cart it says "Daz Tokens  Earn This Order: +-2".  Note the minus sign in front of the "2".  Before I post in the reporting thread is anyone else seeing that or am I just lucky?

edited June 2023

RangerRick said:

When I put a $110 Gift Card (only) in my cart it says "Daz Tokens  Earn This Order: +-2".  Note the minus sign in front of the "2".  Before I post in the reporting thread is anyone else seeing that or am I just lucky?

Mine was just normal "Earn this order: +0"

Bought one at 1AM Daztime 

Cart260623b.PNG
    1032 x 578 - 117K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • RangerRickRangerRick Posts: 257

PerttiA said:

RangerRick said:

Mine was just normal "Earn this order: +0"

Bought one at 1AM Daztime 

Thanks for checking!  Maybe I'll fiddle with it or let it sit for a while since it seems to be on my end then.

doubledeviant said:

The blink rotation is annoying. I was skimming through my wishlist and noticed some Esid and FenixPhoenix products on sale. So I'm thinking "Great, I've been looking for a good opportunity to pick up some of their utilities." But as it turns out, only about half of them are on sale - the rest likely assigned to different rotations. And of course the male-female pairs of several are broken up. So instead of adding 6+ items to cart, I'll simply wait for a future sale that includes all of the pairs that interest me.

What I did yesterday was, before going to bed, I opened the page for the last blink sale and used a spreadsheet to check, what the items would cost when the blink discount would be valid. Selected the items that were on both, my wishlist and the fourth blink sale.

When I got up in the morning (9PM Daztime), all I had to do was to pull the trigger on the cart.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited June 2023

Does the 40% off wishlist work more than once?

Edit; it apparently does.  smiley

Post edited by WandW on

caravelle said:

XiousDs said:

On the top of the cart page there is always a notice when the sale for the items or some of them is about to expire. Of course you don't always look there, but since I experienced something similar this morning (only two items), I'll try to do it in the future.... ;-)

Ya, I knew where the timer was, but the problem there was WAY more to look through to build/trim my cart then I was able to manage before the time ran out.  It took longer than I thought I had and the timer cut over shortly before I finished up.  I did not have a chance to look at deal rotation 3 until there was about an hour and a half left.  It takes me a while to dig through 1000s of items, and it takes FOREVER to delete stuff out of your daz cart.  I wish they would add a stupid check box to items you want to clear so you can quickly trim your cart with a bunch of check box clicks then a remove from cart click.

Hylas said:

Just a reminder for everyone, items can be purchased several times over. Like the Random Casual Poses, hint hint.

Don't love the switch every 6 hours, or the byzantine cart-jenga of it all... I would prefere something a little more straight forward. That being said this is a great sales day if you are able/willing to take the time. Just spent a load of money but my wishlist is shorter than it's been in ages.

The sale sucks, though, if you had TONS of stuff you wanted that you did not add to your wish list because you already knew you wanted them.  lol  I knew I wanted ALL of hypertaf's cute animals with clothes so I did not need to wish list all of them, I just wish listed a couple to make it easy to find the others.  I did that with most of my wish list items.  Mostly used them as a book mark of sorts for artists I learned I liked when I first started using Daz.  Because of that most of the stuff I REALLY liked never got added to my wish list as it did not seem like a reason to do so.

Would have been better if they gave folks a headsup that something special would be occuring for folks who had wish listed items.  Then folks could have added stuff in anticipation of a possible special revolving around their wishlist.  OR, to do something like buy an item from your wish list, and get another 10 items with the same % discount.

Sale had so much potential, but so stupid for some, which makes it frustrating.  Oh well.  There is always another sale... lol

Hylas said:

That being said this is a great sales day if you are able/willing to take the time. Just spent a load of money but my wishlist is shorter than it's been in ages.

That's exactly how it is for me too, and I've actually picked up some massive bargains in the process. There were also items on the Blink Sale list that I was annoyed I hadn't put on the wishlist. Then my wallet was the winner... ;-)

XiousDs said:

Ya, I knew where the timer was, but the problem there was WAY more to look through to build/trim my cart then I was able to manage before the time ran out.  It took longer than I thought I had and the timer cut over shortly before I finished up.  I did not have a chance to look at deal rotation 3 until there was about an hour and a half left.  It takes me a while to dig through 1000s of items, and it takes FOREVER to delete stuff out of your daz cart.  I wish they would add a stupid check box to items you want to clear so you can quickly trim your cart with a bunch of check box clicks then a remove from cart click.

In fact, it takes ages to get through these well over 100 pages. I had a lot of time today, and I got halfway through.... Next time round, I'll just look through my Wishlist and anything I want that's marked 50% off will go into the cart. If I find anything else in this sale, I can take my time to do that.

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

I did not have a chance to look at deal rotation 3 until there was about an hour and a half left.  It takes me a while to dig through 1000s of items, and it takes FOREVER to delete stuff out of your daz cart.  I wish they would add a stupid check box to items you want to clear so you can quickly trim your cart with a bunch of check box clicks then a remove from cart click.

I have walked away from my cart more than once due to how slow it is. I really don't understand why there are no checkboxes. You can click several hearts or Xs in quick succession and remove several items at once, but it's a hit-and-miss and you have to keep checking if they got removed or not, especially if you have lots in your cart. I rather like Amazon's cart, where there is both a "save for later" option and a wishlist.

To get a good deal, you're paying with your time. Life is short and time is valuable. I spent far too much time on the weekend slogging through the different categories. Granted, I got some amazing deals, and I'm grateful for that, but I'm not willing to do it again today.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,771

edited June 2023

sazzyazzca said:

I did not have a chance to look at deal rotation 3 until there was about an hour and a half left.  It takes me a while to dig through 1000s of items, and it takes FOREVER to delete stuff out of your daz cart.  I wish they would add a stupid check box to items you want to clear so you can quickly trim your cart with a bunch of check box clicks then a remove from cart click.

I have walked away from my cart more than once due to how slow it is. I really don't understand why there are no checkboxes. You can click several hearts or Xs in quick succession and remove several items at once, but it's a hit-and-miss and you have to keep checking if they got removed or not, especially if you have lots in your cart. I rather like Amazon's cart, where there is both a "save for later" option and a wishlist.

To get a good deal, you're paying with your time. Life is short and time is valuable. I spent far too much time on the weekend slogging through the different categories. Granted, I got some amazing deals, and I'm grateful for that, but I'm not willing to do it again today.

It's much faster to add something to ones cart, then remove it from the popup list and keep removing the ones you don't want that much (from the popup)

Post edited by PerttiA on

kyoto kid said:

I thought this was showing solving DAZ math. lol :) 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,771

...he never figured that one out but in the process accidentally came up with the Unified Field Theory.

This discussion has been closed.