There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,110
    edited June 2023
    What an odd sale today.

The wishlist gimmick is... interesting. I keep a large wishlist of hundreds of items - it's not so much "things that I plan to buy" but instead "things that I find somewhat interesting". So that helps.

I don't know if all parts of the sale are working - a few things that I tried didn't seem to give the discounts described. But overall my cart discount was 85% off - and that's with mostly newer items and only five tokens - so I called it "good enough" and checked out to be sure to snag UPC Bundle before it leaves the blink sale. I do like G9 for toons/anime (if nothing else), so the extra Bone Minions should be useful, especially at the final discounted price for the whole bundle.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,841

caravelle said:

Isn't this wishlist sale great? I've wanted something like this for a long time; just yesterday I thought of it, but immediately told myself that this is pure wishful thinking. 40% is a decent discount.

My store credit was used pretty fast, now I'm thinking if I should go and buy a new prepaid credit card to get even more items off the wishlist...

28 items in the cart so far and only the four Debut New and Still New items are under 91% off.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 749

"Don't miss out on the final week of the Daz+ sale and Daz Tokens! Make sure to take advantage of this opportunity before it's over" Is the token going away?

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 301

Wishlist sale combo was pretty sweet.... moar!

edited June 2023
    AnEye4Art said:

"Don't miss out on the final week of the Daz+ sale and Daz Tokens! Make sure to take advantage of this opportunity before it's over" Is the token going away?

Sounds like it, but only Daz knows, unless the mods have more info. I don't mind - at this point I've acquired the more important (to me) items from my wishlist at great prices, and planning around tokens has become tiresome. I was already thinking of letting my tokens run out at the end of the month - I kept a decent amount on a regular basis thanks to the double-token days, but long-term the extra planning involved with tokens isn't appealing to me.

It'd be nice if grab bags and such return to cheaper prices, to be able to pop a couple in cart whenever interesting items are offered, instead of needing tokens to make the prices worthwhile.

PerttiA said:

My store credit was used pretty fast, now I'm thinking if I should go and buy a new prepaid credit card to get even more items off the wishlist...

28 items in the cart so far and only the four Debut New and Still New items are under 91% off.

What I ended up doing was limiting the cart to my top picks from my wishlist that would leave me with eight tokens - to use for a possible core G9 release this week, if it's an interesting toon/creature/DH3-expansion/etc, or to have in reserve for any "grand finale" sales over the next five days. But I was nearing the end of the really obvious picks from my wishlist anyway (the stuff that I really wanted that was also getting the best discounts). Might be worthwhile for you to grab more if you have more "high priority" items getting stellar discounts with today's offers.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,173

Sure enough I had recently slimmed down my withlist doing away with 100+ items I would probably NOT buy within the next weeks. Bummer!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341

I put a few things from my wishlist in my cart, - lovely prices went off to do something and they have all jumped in price - cart emptied.

scorpio said:

I put a few things from my wishlist in my cart, - lovely prices went off to do something and they have all jumped in price - cart emptied.

Might have been part of the blink sale. The selection changed recently. An unpleasant surprise for those used to building carts slowly over the course of the day.

I might have been tempted to spend more if some of the current items were in the first rotation, but Daz shot itself in the foot - I'm not using another set of tokens, buying another set of new releases, etc in order to get the full discount again, so I'll be happy with what I've already purchased instead. ;)
  • ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

Part of me is glad that I haven't filled the wishlist with everything I want; I use it mainly as a shortcut to PAs I'm following by adding 1-2 items only. Another part is annoyed that I missed some thigs I would have wanted, but at least this way I didn't end up doing too many impulse purchases.

AnEye4Art said:

I was looking at that myself too... For us the week ends today and a new one starts after midnight, but I think they mean the tokens are used one more week. 

doubledeviant said:

PerttiA said:

What I ended up doing was limiting the cart to my top picks from my wishlist that would leave me with eight tokens - to use for a possible core G9 release this week, if it's an interesting toon/creature/DH3-expansion/etc, or to have in reserve for any "grand finale" sales over the next five days. But I was nearing the end of the really obvious picks from my wishlist anyway (the stuff that I really wanted that was also getting the best discounts). Might be worthwhile for you to grab more if you have more "high priority" items getting stellar discounts with today's offers.

Could not resist, drove 15 miles to the nearest store that still had the prepaid cards. Cart went up to $130 (91% off), but not pulling the trigger until 9PM Daztime, because that extends the validity of the earned tokens to the end of Daz Friday.

scorpio said:

The best Wishlist related discounts one gets in "Friends of Sale" if one finds items from ones wishlist there and those discounts aren't expiring until Daz midnight. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,602
    caravelle said:

Isn't this wishlist sale great? I've wanted something like this for a long time; just yesterday I thought of it, but immediately told myself that this is pure wishful thinking. 40% is a decent discount.

I rarely buy anything under 60% but my usual cutoff is 70%
  • in case anyone wants to plan out any purchases with the rotating blink sale, you can change the links to see whats coming up in the blink for the rest of the day.

https://www.daz3d.com/huge-blink-savings-3

https://www.daz3d.com/huge-blink-savings-4

daveso said:

caravelle said:

Stacking and tokens is how one gets to over 90% off.

Even without using tokens, the Wishlist items in Friends of Sale get 85% off when one has any Debut New, Still New, or Spotlight Release in the cart, one is Daz+ member and picks two items from Friends of Sale (ones on the Wishlist)

PerttiA said:

Could not resist, drove 15 miles to the nearest store that still had the prepaid cards. Cart went up to $130 (91% off), but not pulling the trigger until 9PM Daztime, because that extends the validity of the earned tokens to the end of Daz Friday.

Good plan - I do that, too, but in this case I wanted the UPC Bundle so I needed to check out before the blink rotation. Just be careful that your cart isn't relying on blink discounts if you're going for a later purchase. The blink sale includes 9,261 products right now, and both PA items showing 50% off (in the wishlist) and Daz Originals showing 65% off might be part of it. Daz+ items are in the mix, too, but those have a range of discounts.
    edited June 2023

doubledeviant said:

PerttiA said:

Good plan - I do that, too, but in this case I wanted the UPC Bundle so I needed to check out before the blink rotation. Just be careful that your cart isn't relying on blink discounts if you're going for a later purchase. The blink sale includes 9,261 products right now, and both PA items showing 50% off (in the wishlist) and Daz Originals showing 65% off might be part of it. Daz+ items are in the mix, too, but those have a range of discounts.

Wasn't using the Wishlist to pick items, but "Friends of Sale" and the "Only Show Wishlist" that still 'works' on Opera based browser.

Edit; Even if using the Wishlist, one can tell the difference between items from the Blink rotation and Friends of Sale. They both have the same base discount, but Blink sale items went up to 88% off while the Friends of Sale items got 91% off.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 231

caravelle said:

I would have loved this sale if I knew this kind of thing was even a possibility.  So often there are things I really like, but don't add to my wish list, because I didn't want to overcram it.  Now they make it a thing, and much of what I would have gotten with the extra 40% discount is not on my wish list. lol  Oh well.  I guess in the end it is keeping me from breaking the bank by buying a bunch of pro bundles I liked, but did not see the need to add to my wish list. 

doubledeviant said:

scorpio said:

Might have been part of the blink sale. The selection changed recently. An unpleasant surprise for those used to building carts slowly over the course of the day.

I might have been tempted to spend more if some of the current items were in the first rotation, but Daz shot itself in the foot - I'm not using another set of tokens, buying another set of new releases, etc in order to get the full discount again, so I'll be happy with what I've already purchased instead. ;)

I find the blink, rotating sales total crap functionality.  I hate the lightning thing for the same reason.  You have to keep checking and have a very limited time to figure out what you want.  Or you see something you love and don't have the time to build a cart before it changes.  Daz just wastes your time with that.  Give us ALL of the items that will be for sale at the start of the new Dazland day, and give us to time to fill our carts with what we want.

• PerttiA said:

AnEye4Art said:

I was looking at that myself too... For us the week ends today and a new one starts after midnight, but I think they mean the tokens are used one more week. 

That's how I read it, too. Sort of sad, sort of relieved.  wink I have bought plenty here in the token era. My wishlist was already down to 13 items, 6 of which are new in the last few weeks. Today I only made a small buy; not much for me in the new offerings. But I have 8+ tokens poised for this last week. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

caravelle said:

Only when you throw a lot of money at DAZ before... which isn't possible for everyone. Some people just can't spend $ 1000.- plus a month to keep those 8 tokens a day coming in...

maikdecker said:

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

caravelle said:

Only when you throw a lot of money at DAZ before... which isn't possible for everyone. Some people just can't spend $ 1000.- plus a month to keep those 8 tokens a day coming in...

As I said, even without the tokens, non-DO items got 85% off when one puts a cheap spotlight item in the cart and chooses 2 wishlist items from the Friends of Sale category, DO items get a bit more but I didn't have any DO items on my wishlist. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,771

caravelle said:

...indeed, got three items off the list that totalled over 61$ for 11$ and change.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,602
    I hadn't seen the wishlist promo when I replied above. I did pick up 4 items from my wishlist that were already discounted. Ended up 80% plus off.
  • emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 541

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question. My daz+ subscription expires in November, I saw a new offer with a 60% discount when you buy two items and I'm tempted to renew it now, but the renewal starts in November, when it expires, or from now (in which case you'll lose a few months and I won't it's convenient)?

Thank you

emanuela1 said:

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question. My daz+ subscription expires in November, I saw a new offer with a 60% discount when you buy two items and I'm tempted to renew it now, but the renewal starts in November, when it expires, or from now (in which case you'll lose a few months and I won't it's convenient)?

Thank you

It tacks on the new subscription starting when your current subscription would end.  So another year starting in November.  That is the best way to keep your subription active by renewing it before it would expire a few months or so early during a really good discount promotion. 

Thank you XiousDs for the quick answer:) Now I can put the renewal in the cart.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,507

XiousDs said:

emanuela1 said:

Thank you

It tacks on the new subscription starting when your current subscription would end.  So another year starting in November.  That is the best way to keep your subription active by renewing it before it would expire a few months or so early during a really good discount promotion. 

However, one caveat: If you paid for your current subscription with PayPal you need to go to PayPal and cancel the subscription there. Otherwise PayPal will send DAZ a payment for the full price in November.  

edited June 2023

Thanks Charlie Judge for the suggestion, I'll be careful when the deadline approaches. However, even last year I renewed my subscription a month and a half in advance and had no problems. I pay for purchases on DAZ with paypal, but I've never asked PayPal to pay automatically when due. Is this a special way of payment?

Post edited by emanuela1 on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,142

emanuela1 said:

Thanks Charlie Judge for the suggestion, I'll be careful when the deadline approaches. However, even last year I renewed my subscription a month and a half in advance and had no problems. I pay for purchases on DAZ with paypal, but I've never asked PayPal to pay automatically when due. Is this a special way of payment?

Usually, when you pay for a subscription with PayPal, it sets it to renew automatically on the anniversary of the initial payment.  Usually.  You can go into your PayPal account and remove the auto-renewal, but you have to remember to do that.

This discussion has been closed.