There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,175

Hmm,...

buy, as $27 is a good price for the Bundle and it won't geht cheaper (weithin the next months)

wait, as there will be more offers tied to buying (not owning) the Bundle within the next days.

?

• mdingmding Posts: 1,178

@PerttiA: Could you not convert the glasses to a prop? I am very sorry !! for being late, but maybe this helps with future decisions:

(click to enlarge:)

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439

That's all my store credit gone.

I need a gift card sale. A proper 20% one without buy-ins.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,865

mding said:

@PerttiA: Could you not convert the glasses to a prop? I am very sorry !! for being late, but maybe this helps with future decisions:

I have tried, but that still leaves the zero point at the characters feet and if one tries to rotate around X, the glasses rotate around the 'feet'

edited June 2023

@PerttiA 

1. Load the glasses and convert them to a prop as described above
    2. activate the tool settings pane by clicking on the icon at the top (click to enlarge)

3. Now press alt+shift+J to activate the Joint editor tool (click to enlarge) and click and drag the centerpoint (green) to a place by the prop suitable for rotation:

4. example:

After that it works for me without problems. I hope it does for you, too.

Post edited by mding on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,774

...well, thought I had another day to use my 6 tokens (seems I got "double-double" tokens somehow) but when I checked Thursday nth I saw I only had about an hour and 20 min. left to use them or lose them. Pretty lacklustre day again, with most of the Featured Artist Store items were pretty meh That is about the only category I look at anymore because most of the other ones require a debut or nearly new item (sometimes 2) as a buy in . So fell back on the banner coupon sale and cleared a few more things off the wishlist. Not as big a haul as the one last weekend but still respectable and ended up getting everything for less than the "recent lowest price" listed on the product page by DazDeals.  So not a total disappointment. 

Speaking of the Featured Artist Stores category, not pleased that they stopped listing all the individual PA stores like they did before the Big Weekend Sale so you no longer could just select the ones you wanted to shop at. Having to slog through a a bunch of pages of products (what was it,,125 pages ate 120 items each or something like that?) particularly when the clock is ticking is a real drag.

• mding said:

1. Load the glasses and convert them to a prop as described above
    2. activate the tool settings pane by clicking on the icon at the top (click to enlarge)

3. Now press alt+shift+J to activate the Joint editor tool (click to enlarge) and click and drag the centerpoint (green) to a place by the prop suitable for rotation:

4. example:

After that it works for me without problems. I hope it does for you, too.

Thanks for this, mding!

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,175

Oops, sorry for the double post earlier. 

Decided to grab the Olivia 9 bundle for $27 and use that 30% coupon. If DAZ decided to tie purchasing (not owning) the bundle to future offers well then those are not for me.

One thing which DAZ really should think about are those Flashback Bundles. Although the members price of 9.99 is generally nice I almost always happen to own more than half of the bundle already which makes the offer no longer that attractive unfortunately. Taken into account what users already own would be way better.

@carlosgimpera: the explanation was for a special issue @PerttiA had with rotation. I am glad if it was useful for you, but generally you don't need to turn sth. into a prop before changing the centerpoint - i don't want to spread any confusion, lol

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 890
    edited June 2023

Would have rocked on the grab bag were it not for having to purchase one of the few non G9 debut releases (none of which were really that interesting for the price, particularly the HeadShopLT 2023 at 56$).

HeadShopPRO 2023 and HeadShopLT 2023 both fully support Genesis 9.

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

kyoto kid said:

Speaking of the Featured Artist Stores category, not pleased that they stopped listing all the individual PA stores like they did before the Big Weekend Sale so you no longer could just select the ones you wanted to shop at. Having to slog through a a bunch of pages of products (what was it,,125 pages ate 120 items each or something like that?) particularly when the clock is ticking is a real drag.

My thoughts exactly! Today, if I hide the items I own, it's still 14095 items to go through. At least with the visual list, I could see at a glance if the vendors I'm interested in have products for sale. Now I'm restricted to click, unclick, click, unclick ...lather, rinse, repeat. Not happening. It's summer and I want to be outside enjoying the beautiful weather, not glued to a device

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,509

sazzyazzca said:

kyoto kid said:

My thoughts exactly! Today, if I hide the items I own, it's still 14095 items to go through. At least with the visual list, I could see at a glance if the vendors I'm interested in have products for sale. Now I'm restricted to click, unclick, click, unclick ...lather, rinse, repeat. Not happening. It's summer and I want to be outside enjoying the beautiful weather, not glued to a device

You can still select the artist you are interested in on the left side of the sale page. 

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 236

Charlie Judge said:

sazzyazzca said:

kyoto kid said:

You can still select the artist you are interested in on the left side of the sale page. 

I think the major difference is that before you could see who the PAs were that were associated with the sale, not just PAs who may have helped the main PA with some of their items.  So sometimes it still takes a bunch of scrolling to see which PAs are the Friends instead of just seeing from the sales pages.  That is my gripe at least.  I have to go look through the list of artists which takes longer then just seeing them right on the stores page.  In that case I often don't even bother go look at the friends of sale list unless it says their is some estra special stacking discount above the normal friend's discount. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,774
    edited June 2023

info_b3470fa520 said:

Would have rocked on the grab bag were it not for having to purchase one of the few non G9 debut releases (none of which were really that interesting for the price, particularly the HeadShopLT 2023 at 56$).

HeadShopPRO 2023 and HeadShopLT 2023 both fully support Genesis 9.

...but it doesn't mention G8, just G3, 8.1, and 9, the latter two which I have no interest in.

...and at 55.98$ a bit out of my budget .  I would have needed to purchase 19 grab bag items at 2.99$ ea just to break even.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,820

Guys, help me out here. There was an item on sale yesterday that I'm trying to find.

I low-key regret not getting it, so I thought I'd at least put it on my wishlist, but now I can't find it anymore.

It was an orange blazer and pantyhose for G8F. In the promos the model was posing in front of an orange lamborghini.

Thx!

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,982
    edited June 2023

Hylas said:

Guys, help me out here. There was an item on sale yesterday that I'm trying to find.

I low-key regret not getting it, so I thought I'd at least put it on my wishlist, but now I can't find it anymore.

It was an orange blazer and pantyhose for G8F. In the promos the model was posing in front of an orange lamborghini.

Thx!

Not exactly what you said, but it sounds like this?

https://www.daz3d.com/21st-century-girl-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

I'm realizing that it's right between yellow and orange and that's going to read different on different monitors so yeah I'm guessing it's this.

Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on

only found this in front of an orange "lamaghini":

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-city-sleek-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

No blazer though

AlmightyQUEST said:

Hylas said:

Thx!

Not exactly what you said, but it sounds like this?

https://www.daz3d.com/21st-century-girl-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

I'm realizing that it's right between yellow and orange and that's going to read different on different monitors so yeah I'm guessing it's this.

That's the one, thx!

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,110
    Blink Sales = poor idea. For attractive discounts, each blink group requires a Debut New Release and eight tokens, in addition to the time and trouble of checking the new selections every four hours. Not an appealing proposition.

The gimmick cost Daz a $50 sale - I was going to pick up a few items from the first rotation (and ignore the rest), but some last-minute chaos at work caused me to miss checking out before the changeover. I'm not going to check all day to see if the items reappear - I'll check once late tonight to see if there's an "all blink items return" end-of-day special (that doesn't involve paying a higher price). Otherwise, money saved.
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 122

Blink sales seem poorly thought out, it's 55% off so almost everything has been on offer for less previously

Also it's hidden away and is yet more things to keep coming back to, the lightning sale is already every 3 hours

Either way, no likely purchase for me today with the lineup of new products/sale incentives today

I like that the blink sale is only 55% off, means I can safely ignore it and don't haver to stress about it all day and/or feel like I'm missing out.

Still waiting for a Gift Card sale (HINT!)

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,110
    Ha - All blink sale items are back, but at a worse discount. It was barely worthwhile to begin, and now it's insulting to boot. No dice, Daz - sale lost.
    edited June 2023

Extra % on wishlist items, and a decent discount, too. This could be interesting!

(Just after I had significantly trimmed my wishlist, lol. But that's prolly for the better.)

Post edited by Hylas on
  • So I'm trying to use my daz+ coupons today, and no matter what I put in my cart (all definitely eligible for discounts) it doesn't take the full $6 off. It takes around $4, but not precisely. I've been screwing around with this for about an hour now and it just isn't working. Is it not counting the wishlist sale discount or something?

edited June 2023

Shadowdream said:

So I'm trying to use my daz+ coupons today, and no matter what I put in my cart (all definitely eligible for discounts) it doesn't take the full $6 off. It takes around $4, but not precisely. I've been screwing around with this for about an hour now and it just isn't working. Is it not counting the wishlist sale discount or something?

You'd be better off putting that in the "Reporting Only" thread. This is the discussions only thread 

Post edited by ecks201 on
  • ecks201 said:

Shadowdream said:

So I'm trying to use my daz+ coupons today, and no matter what I put in my cart (all definitely eligible for discounts) it doesn't take the full $6 off. It takes around $4, but not precisely. I've been screwing around with this for about an hour now and it just isn't working. Is it not counting the wishlist sale discount or something?

You'd be better off putting that in the "Reporting Only" thread. This is the discussions only thread 

Sorry. I should have looked a little closer. I figured reporting only would just be straight up report bugs but not discuss them, so the thread wouldn't get cluttered or something, and I just wanted to know if I was missing something. I'll take it over there.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,581

This must be the first DAZ+ sale that I haven't even looked at the DAZ+FAD section in days. It's always just same old, same old in there, plus way too expensive. Same goes for the BYOB. While there were some good extra sales along the way, the Summer sale itself is the worst sale ever IMHO.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,390

Isn't this wishlist sale great? I've wanted something like this for a long time; just yesterday I thought of it, but immediately told myself that this is pure wishful thinking. 40% is a decent discount.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,581

caravelle said:

Isn't this wishlist sale great? I've wanted something like this for a long time; just yesterday I thought of it, but immediately told myself that this is pure wishful thinking. 40% is a decent discount.

Yeah, it's a very nice idea. Like I said, the extra sales are often quite good. I don't have much left in my WL, though, but good for you if you do and can benefit from this!

This discussion has been closed.