There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• marblemarble Posts: 7,459
    edited June 2023

Anthony_Christian said:

Is it me or are the sales this month are kind of a confusing mess? All of the wording around "extra" percentages off for this and that doesn't really seem to add up once you have it all in your cart... I've had to open a ticket which has stopped me from continuing to shop. Probably not a bad thing, but damn. There is such a thing as too much at once when it comes to running multiple deals at one time. I WISH we could see which items are attached to which sales without having to look through every sale banner. I see stuff in my wishlist for a certain percentage off but it's a pain trying to figure out if it's a part of a larger sale where a steeper discount could be applied. Is there some mystery button I'm not hitting to see this info without trying to dig around? 

Not just you. The wording is really bad.

Quote: "Get up to 5 for $5.99 each* when you buy any Debut New Release OR $2.99 each* for Daz+ Members

Does that mean DAZ+ Members get these items for $2.99 each regardless or do they also have to buy a New Release?

Better wording, IMHO, would be:

"Get up to 5 for $5.99 each* (OR $2.99 each* for Daz+ Members) when you buy any Debut New Release"

I really, really dislike conditional sales.

Post edited by marble on
  • vagansvagans Posts: 422
    Yeah English sentence construction failure again, wondered why the items weren't discounting in the cart. It's not really that hard.
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,334

Charlie Judge said:

joanna said:

Tomhip said:

I was tempted at first but limiting it to "Debut New" put it back on the hook :P

I could pick something from Still New, but nothing in Debut New today is even remotely appealing to me to justify the buy in cost.

Same here. 

Same. Saving my pennies (and tokens) for another day. 

Me too. There was a number of the grab bag items that looked of interest (certainly more interesting that PCFAD items), but I was not interested in any of the new releases. It was a pretty narrow choice of some poses and some sci-fi stuff. It is a shame that recent new releases or spot light items were not included as well.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,175

Same here. With all discounts those grab bag items have been $1,49, $1,79 and $2,09 - so quite attractive especially for the $1,49 pricetag applying to several products made for G3-G8. Had at least 20 in cart but skipped due to no debut release really necessary. Wasted opportunity.

But I've noted those prices in the back of my head. Won't get those grab bag products for a higher price in the future ;-)

• mdingmding Posts: 1,178

how low do you get the olivia pro bundle?

(i am at 83% or $39.17 with 8 tokens)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,865
    edited June 2023

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Same here. With all discounts those grab bag items have been $1,49, $1,79 and $2,09 - so quite attractive especially for the $1,49 pricetag applying to several products made for G3-G8. Had at least 20 in cart but skipped due to no debut release really necessary. Wasted opportunity.

But I've noted those prices in the back of my head. Won't get those grab bag products for a higher price in the future ;-)

Had 64 items in the cart for $120, only 6 items were above $2.09, three Daz+ for a day items at $2.39, the Spotlight item at $2.11, one Debut new for $5.44 and a Still new G8 item for $6.04

If one considered the Debut new and Still new as a sort of entry fee with no value, that would still leave 62 items for $120, which is $1.94 per item... I think that is still a great price for items with MSRP at $1461 in total.

Post edited by PerttiA on

Same here. And for $39.17 I won't buy. 

- Don't find todays incentives appealing at all.
    - Hate that the spotlight release discount won't apply to DAZ originals.
    - Don't understand why bundle discounts cannot be combined with discounts for already owning some of the bundles content. I mean we have such sales every now and then but why is that saving not built in by default. What good is a dedicated discount on a bundle if a already own much of the stuff and that is not taken into account.

So once there is no banner or other incentive coming along I might wait a little and rather get figure + alternate shapes for $15. 

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 122

It's definitely been a good sale for not spending too much money,

I'd have spent a heck of a lot more without the extreme (confusing) restrictions to get the discounts

No likely purchase today, unless something comes up in the lightning sale and I notice it in time

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,110
    mding said:

Not buying, but a quick test shows the same for me - Pro bundle goes to $39.17 (83% off) with eight tokens applied plus one other debut new release in cart.

I suggest waiting until later tonight if you're going to buy it since Daz sometimes drops applicable coupons throughout the day.

doubledeviant said:

mding said:

Not buying, but a quick test shows the same for me - Pro bundle goes to $39.17 (83% off) with eight tokens applied plus one other debut new release in cart.

I suggest waiting until later tonight if you're going to buy it since Daz sometimes drops applicable coupons throughout the day.

But usually not before they get to work at Daz HQ, ie. in about 7 hours... 

Thankyou for helping @Rod Wise Driggo, @doubledeviant and @PerttiA. I am still not sure as i spent a lot already, but i really like the bundle.

• Rod Wise Driggo said:

- Don't understand why bundle discounts cannot be combined with discounts for already owning some of the bundles content. I mean we have such sales every now and then but why is that saving not built in by default. What good is a dedicated discount on a bundle if a already own much of the stuff and that is not taken into account.

So once there is no banner or other incentive coming along I might wait a little and rather get figure + alternate shapes for $15. 

I've been spending  a lot on some of these $2.09 or less deals the past few days and have a cart put together that I might buy if a banner or other discount pops up. 

• The incentives are decent for me.  Had a few G8 Pros left in the wishlist that I had bought 0-2 items out of over the years that are in the cart for slightly over $10. Again not bad but that little extra would get me to pull the trigger. Don't really use Kids in my projects so those incentives are luke warm. Mild interest in the G9 bundles I don't have or own the core figure of them from other bundles (ie Victoria's and Michael's many bundle).  I know Kala is still New but I missed her debut sale and would have probably pulled the trigger on Olivia if her Pro was included.  Or Genghis Khan, Xiu Lin, or Julia bundles. 
    • Agreed if the spotlight discount applied taking Olivia9 from $39.17 to $31.34 would make it more appealing. I haven't paid too much attention but it seems random that sometimes its works for Daz Originals and others it doesn't.  I got Olympia at a great price ($20.74) and there were a lot of different discounts to get her bundle to great price but I thought spolight 20% off applied to her deal.
    • I've long said this (at least to myself) that pay for what you don't own should be the default of the Daz store.  I would actually purchase more consistently from the store instead of going all in for deeper discounts.  If an item or two in a bundle goes for a great price (like 65-70% off) I would be more willing to snag it now if I knew that its value would be accounted for if I later bought the bundle. I'd also be more willing to finish off bundles of items I like but don't have any immediate or near future plans for using if it was pay for what you don't own. Since this isn't how it operates I tend to wait for what I feel are better discounts (80%+ off or incentives) to buy these bundles.
  • Today's sale page contains 27 uses of "buy any" as a conditional sale item.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,169

Just a headsup for those looking for a better value: check the new banner with extra 30% off on the shop's main page. Excludes only gift cards (and probably fast grabs, as they're always included). Ends midnight Daz time.

• captainalvordcaptainalvord Posts: 85
    edited June 2023
    Just saw it myself. Time to rearrange my cart so the most expensive items are first. Then evaluate from there.bLooks like 27.42 for Olivia bundle is best I can do now.
    Post edited by captainalvord on
  • joanna said:

Just a headsup for those looking for a better value: check the new banner with extra 30% off on the shop's main page. Excludes only gift cards (and probably fast grabs, as they're always included). Ends midnight Daz time.

Can confirm, the code does not work on fast grab items.

Surprisingly, it does work on Daz+ memberships.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 236

captainalvord said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I've been spending  a lot on some of these $2.09 or less deals the past few days and have a cart put together that I might buy if a banner or other discount pops up. 

• The incentives are decent for me.  Had a few G8 Pros left in the wishlist that I had bought 0-2 items out of over the years that are in the cart for slightly over $10. Again not bad but that little extra would get me to pull the trigger. Don't really use Kids in my projects so those incentives are luke warm. Mild interest in the G9 bundles I don't have or own the core figure of them from other bundles (ie Victoria's and Michael's many bundle).  I know Kala is still New but I missed her debut sale and would have probably pulled the trigger on Olivia if her Pro was included.  Or Genghis Khan, Xiu Lin, or Julia bundles. 
    • Agreed if the spotlight discount applied taking Olivia9 from $39.17 to $31.34 would make it more appealing. I haven't paid too much attention but it seems random that sometimes its works for Daz Originals and others it doesn't.  I got Olympia at a great price ($20.74) and there were a lot of different discounts to get her bundle to great price but I thought spolight 20% off applied to her deal.
    • I've long said this (at least to myself) that pay for what you don't own should be the default of the Daz store.  I would actually purchase more consistently from the store instead of going all in for deeper discounts.  If an item or two in a bundle goes for a great price (like 65-70% off) I would be more willing to snag it now if I knew that its value would be accounted for if I later bought the bundle. I'd also be more willing to finish off bundles of items I like but don't have any immediate or near future plans for using if it was pay for what you don't own. Since this isn't how it operates I tend to wait for what I feel are better discounts (80%+ off or incentives) to buy these bundles.

I usually won't buy items that are included in bundles for this reason.  Often there are really good deals on a single item from a bundle, but if I like other stuff in the bundle, then I will skip buying the item as I may have a chance to buy the bundle for 90% off at a later point. I don't want to rebuy an item I already bought, and if I do, then that means the bundle has to be REALLY discounted like 95% off or more.  And sometimes the bundles will hit that price later on, so if I already waited on most of the bundle to be discounted to 95% off then why did I buy the item or 2 from the bundle in the first place as I could have gotten all of them for that really high discounted price?  That then leads me to wait for even deeper discounts on items that are included in bundles or bundles themselves.  I only have so much money to go around, I could spend it all quickly to get a couple things I want right a way, or I wait to get a ton of stuff that I want after it has been out for a decent chunk of time.  I think knowing that when I buy something I like out of a bundle would always reduce the price later on by a % based on the items cost in comparison to everything else, would cause me to be more likely to pull the trigger on a few things early on, and then pick up everything else later on.  As it is now, when they do the specific sales for only pay for what you don't own, the discounts are usually much lamer then if you just wait for a sale that discounts the WHOLE bundle. lol

Settling for a small cart, but a question to anyone that has already bought the Olivia bundle or the glasses,
    Are the glasses fitted figures or parented props, ie. do they get warped with the morphs applied to the character?

https://www.daz3d.com/bw-classy-vision-eyewear-set-for-genesis-9
    https://www.daz3d.com/bw-bifocal-eyewear-set-for-genesis-9

The text "Other Shapes may be supported in Daz Studio by Auto-follow" on the product pages is suggesting that they are figures instead of props and with glasses that is a bad thing.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,920

PerttiA said:

Settling for a small cart, but a question to anyone that has already bought the Olivia bundle or the glasses,
    Are the glasses fitted figures or parented props, ie. do they get warped with the morphs applied to the character?

The text "Other Shapes may be supported in Daz Studio by Auto-follow" on the product pages is suggesting that they are figures instead of props and with glasses that is a bad thing.

Mada has a video on using rigidity on a (rigged) pair of glasses.

Although, I would usually go for glasses as props. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,488

PerttiA said:

I don't have the glasses, but maybe they use rigidity. Mada has a video tutorial about using rigidity, and glasses are her example. Of course she didn't make the glasses in question here. I did notice that the BW glasses in the main promo don't fit the character's nose bridge (glasses bridge is way too wide.). That sort of made me lose interest in them for now.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,577

It's really annoying when not all clothing items in a set are shown fully in the promos. I like the long dress in this new set  - https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-empowered-outfit-for-genesis-9 - but there's not even a single picture showing the dress without the coat, so I don't know what the sleeves are like. Or even if there are any at all. I don't get the reason for this, surely it can't be that much effort to post a picture with the coat off? Others do that, too. Or are the dress sleeves that ugly? Ugh, now I'll have to wait for some renders to turn up ...

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,151

felis said:

PerttiA said:

Mada has a video on using rigidity on a (rigged) pair of glasses.

Although, I would usually go for glasses as props. 

Same, then I can fit to any figure...

PerttiA said:

Hope this helps (click to enlarge):

tsroemi said:

It's really annoying when not all clothing items in a set are shown fully in the promos. I like the long dress in this new set  - https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-empowered-outfit-for-genesis-9 - but there's not even a single picture showing the dress without the coat, so I don't know what the sleeves are like. Or even if there are any at all. I don't get the reason for this, surely it can't be that much effort to post a picture with the coat off? Others do that, too. Or are the dress sleeves that ugly? Ugh, now I'll have to wait for some renders to turn up ...

Hope this helps:

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,577

mding said:

tsroemi said:

Hope this helps:

Yes it does, thank you very much!  

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,774

marble said:

Anthony_Christian said:

Is it me or are the sales this month are kind of a confusing mess? All of the wording around "extra" percentages off for this and that doesn't really seem to add up once you have it all in your cart... I've had to open a ticket which has stopped me from continuing to shop. Probably not a bad thing, but damn. There is such a thing as too much at once when it comes to running multiple deals at one time. I WISH we could see which items are attached to which sales without having to look through every sale banner. I see stuff in my wishlist for a certain percentage off but it's a pain trying to figure out if it's a part of a larger sale where a steeper discount could be applied. Is there some mystery button I'm not hitting to see this info without trying to dig around? 

Not just you. The wording is really bad.

Quote: "Get up to 5 for $5.99 each* when you buy any Debut New Release OR $2.99 each* for Daz+ Members

Does that mean DAZ+ Members get these items for $2.99 each regardless or do they also have to buy a New Release?

Better wording, IMHO, would be:

"Get up to 5 for $5.99 each* (OR $2.99 each* for Daz+ Members) when you buy any Debut New Release"

I really, really dislike conditional sales.

...yeah I found that kind of annoying, as it does make it seem Daz+ members don't need to buy anythng extra (which was the case in previous Daz+/PC+ sales).

Would have rocked on the grab bag were it not for having to purchase one of the few non G9 debut releases (none of which were really that interesting for the price, particularly the HeadShopLT 2023 at 56$).

• Very tiny cart for me last night (because payday isn't til tomorrow) but I did find something in the G1/G2 $1.99 selection I somehow missed missed all the years since G2: https://www.daz3d.com/anemone-for-genesis-2-female-s 

It is such a cute fantasy character/creature, and that's mainly what I have been collecting lately, from various generations. Looking forward to trying out Anemone. I hope there's a cross figure utility for G2 because I'd love a few Anemone guys.

I wish Daz had saved that promo for this weekend because there were a lot of hairs I would have picked up if I had more cash. (I get very good results with older hairs by parenting and using Sloshwerk shaders.)

mding said:

PerttiA said:

Hope this helps (click to enlarge):

Thanks, out of the cart they go... 

Hmm,...

buy, as $27 is a good price for the Bundle and it won't geht cheaper (weithin the next months)

wait, as there will be more offers tied to buying (not owning) the Bundle within the next days.

?

• Rod Wise Driggo said:

Hmm,...

buy, as $27 is a good price for the Bundle and it won't geht cheaper (weithin the next months)

wait, as there will be more offers tied to buying (not owning) the Bundle within the next days.

?

My tokens were close to expiring so I took them and the 30% coupon and bought, but you're right - there will will be offers tied to buying the bundle for days. 

This discussion has been closed.