There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,956

a Filament animation froze up at 520 frames for some reason o my older Win7 no graphics card

up until then it was going fine hardly using the CPU and about 8GB of RAM

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,865

Hylas said:

why i can't haz orange banner crying

Have you been to the shop or checked your messages?

The banner doesn't show here at the forums this time, at least not for me. 

edited June 2023

PerttiA said:

captainalvord said:

If looking for amazing deals don't pull the trigger right away on your cart and keep an eye on the lightning deals throughout the day for deals. The yesterday I did this and grabbed one of the the Kola mega-bundle for 94% off after adding to cart.

The problem with the Lightning Deals is that when one has tokens, one tries to do just one cart per day (each cart uses tokens, one big cart is better than many small ones) and as one wants to push the expiry date of the earned tokens as far as possible, one doesn't want to pull the trigger before 9PM Daztime, so the only Lightning Deals that one can use are the last ones of the Daz day.

And now they did it to me... Had Aiko 8 in the cart for $4.01, which was a bit above the limit I have set and then the Aiko 8 Pro Bundle came up on the Lightning Deals for $4.82... Sigh... Pulling the trigger.

Edit; Because of the 15% discount for the Gift Card in that cart, the 17 items for $40.97 actually cost me just $20.65 smiley

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

Was there a time limit on the banner? I had it all morning, have not pulled the trigger on the cart yet, nor used it, but now it's gone.

• Today's sale: "Hector Faces the Chimp Army"

My money's on the chimps. That armor leaves a lot to be desired, ape-protection-wise.

sazzyazzca said:

Was there a time limit on the banner? I had it all morning, have not pulled the trigger on the cart yet, nor used it, but now it's gone.

Have you looked in your messages?

https://www.daz3d.com/notifier/inbox

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

PerttiA said:

sazzyazzca said:

Have you looked in your messages?

https://www.daz3d.com/notifier/inbox

I did not. I wasn't even aware of it. It's right there. Thank you! 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,169

Hylas said:

You aren't alone...

On the positive side, there's nothing in the store today I really want, so I can hope I'll get a banner on some better day.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,820

joanna said:

Hylas said:

You aren't alone...

On the positive side, there's nothing in the store today I really want, so I can hope I'll get a banner on some better day.

Now I have it. It just showed up later for me. Hope you get one, too...

Hylas said:

Now I have it. It just showed up later for me. Hope you get one, too...

Yup, got one too, nice discount for 1 item. I wish there was an expiry date on it, though. I would know if I can hold off until tomorrow or is it "the rest of today only".

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 236

PerttiA said:

PerttiA said:

captainalvord said:

If looking for amazing deals don't pull the trigger right away on your cart and keep an eye on the lightning deals throughout the day for deals. The yesterday I did this and grabbed one of the the Kola mega-bundle for 94% off after adding to cart.

The problem with the Lightning Deals is that when one has tokens, one tries to do just one cart per day (each cart uses tokens, one big cart is better than many small ones) and as one wants to push the expiry date of the earned tokens as far as possible, one doesn't want to pull the trigger before 9PM Daztime, so the only Lightning Deals that one can use are the last ones of the Daz day.

And now they did it to me... Had Aiko 8 in the cart for $4.01, which was a bit above the limit I have set and then the Aiko 8 Pro Bundle came up on the Lightning Deals for $4.82... Sigh... Pulling the trigger.

Edit; Because of the 15% discount for the Gift Card in that cart, the 17 items for $40.97 actually cost me just $20.65 smiley

Is that old gift card credit?  Yesterday's sale for 15% off gift cards needed to spend $300 on.  Or was there a flash 15% off on gift cards I missed that did not require buying a $300 card or larger? 

XiousDs said:

PerttiA said:

Is that old gift card credit?  Yesterday's sale for 15% off gift cards needed to spend $300 on.  Or was there a flash 15% off on gift cards I missed that did not require buying a $300 card or larger? 

The first orange banner was 15% off the cart and Gift Cards were not excluded. 

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 236
    edited June 2023

PerttiA said:

XiousDs said:

PerttiA said:

The first orange banner was 15% off the cart and Gift Cards were not excluded. 

Oh.  I only got one banner for 50% off a single item.  I am having difficutly finding1 item that works out to be a good deal using the single 50% off that I want.  15% off gift card would have been pretty nice.  Oh well.  Guess I did not make the cut on spending for that one even though I have spent 400 in the last few weeks or so. lol  Made out well on code66 stuff and OOT hair thanks to yal pointing those out, so it's still been pretty good.

Edit: I ended up getting 2 code66 items for 85% off, Hector for 70% off because he does kind of look like the owner of Tesla, the brick shader spot light item, and using the extra 50% off coupon I had on the caldwell/aliens mega bundle for 89% total off on it.

Post edited by XiousDs on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,774
    edited June 2023

...finally picked up Stonemason's Streets of Asia.which has been on my wishlist for a long time, and seeing that I could get it for a quarter of rhw usual price (with orange banner coupon) I couldn't ssay no.

Ended up 1¢ short for a token (they plan it this way, I swear) so tossed a 2.99$ Daz+ item from my wishlist in the cart. 

Seems the last few days I've actually done quite well.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 122

It took me too long today to realise that the grab bag offers only apply to the 10 products that are new, and not something else like the spotlight new release.

Bit of time wasted wondering why items didn't discount, but not having any desire for any of the 10 makes the whole selection a non-event for me

Guess that saves some money at least laugh

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,956

yeah not consistent about that since the Spotlight item did count towards that G9 bundle with the car the other day and the one I see is indeed new 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,774

...I guess the new Daz+ item for Wednesday doesn't qualify as a "Debut new Release" for the big Grab Bag sale.None of the debut releases are interesting particularly given some of those prices. 

I remember when new Daz+ items counted as a "buy in". for unlocking discoubnts,  I guess its because of that new Spotlight category they re disqualified.  Bugger, was all ready to stock up on more G8 hair for 2.99$ until then

Ah well, have untill Thursday to use my 6 tokens.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,231

kyoto kid said:

...I guess the new Daz+ item for Wednesday doesn't qualify as a "Debut new Release" for the big Grab Bag sale.

It's a Spotlight item, not Debut new. It does count as "buy in" for some discounts like Daz+ for a day, but not for all.

• stelaristelari Posts: 77

It's worth noting that the 'Up to 5' grab-bags for Gen 3/8/8.1 are actually up to 5 per category (Hair/People & Wearables/Poses/Places & Things) - so up to 20 for each gen if you can find enough that interests you.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,607

that 50% off 1 item banner was a short-lived one. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 302

stelari said:

It's worth noting that the 'Up to 5' grab-bags for Gen 3/8/8.1 are actually up to 5 per category (Hair/People & Wearables/Poses/Places & Things) - so up to 20 for each gen if you can find enough that interests you.

I was tempted at first but limiting it to "Debut New" put it back on the hook :P

I could pick something from Still New, but nothing in Debut New today is even remotely appealing to me to justify the buy in cost.

Tomhip said:

I was tempted at first but limiting it to "Debut New" put it back on the hook :P

I could pick something from Still New, but nothing in Debut New today is even remotely appealing to me to justify the buy in cost.

Same here. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,509

joanna said:

Tomhip said:

Same here. 

Same. Saving my pennies (and tokens) for another day. 

edited June 2023

stelari said:

Oh, why did you have to say something like that out loud... I was quite happy with 5 per gen in a $50 cart... Now the cart went up to $120 and it's all your fault wink 

Note; A lot of items in the G3 categories are dual gen G3/G8, and it's worth checking the pose categories even when one isn't interested in poses.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Is it me or are the sales this month are kind of a confusing mess? All of the wording around "extra" percentages off for this and that doesn't really seem to add up once you have it all in your cart... I've had to open a ticket which has stopped me from continuing to shop. Probably not a bad thing, but damn. There is such a thing as too much at once when it comes to running multiple deals at one time. I WISH we could see which items are attached to which sales without having to look through every sale banner. I see stuff in my wishlist for a certain percentage off but it's a pain trying to figure out if it's a part of a larger sale where a steeper discount could be applied. Is there some mystery button I'm not hitting to see this info without trying to dig around? 

Anthony_Christian said:

Is it me or are the sales this month are kind of a confusing mess? All of the wording around "extra" percentages off for this and that doesn't really seem to add up once you have it all in your cart... I've had to open a ticket which has stopped me from continuing to shop. Probably not a bad thing, but damn. There is such a thing as too much at once when it comes to running multiple deals at one time. I WISH we could see which items are attached to which sales without having to look through every sale banner. I see stuff in my wishlist for a certain percentage off but it's a pain trying to figure out if it's a part of a larger sale where a steeper discount could be applied. Is there some mystery button I'm not hitting to see this info without trying to dig around? 

I'm not complaining... 90-92% off for the whole cart (including the buy-ins) every day... Wallet not happy, but these sales are madder than in March.

• You guys are going to be the ruin of me. I'm still testing the last bunch of new stuff ... smiley And to be honest, even still a few items from the Memorial Day haul.

• Anthony_Christian said:

Is it me or are the sales this month are kind of a confusing mess? All of the wording around "extra" percentages off for this and that doesn't really seem to add up once you have it all in your cart... I've had to open a ticket which has stopped me from continuing to shop. Probably not a bad thing, but damn. There is such a thing as too much at once when it comes to running multiple deals at one time. I WISH we could see which items are attached to which sales without having to look through every sale banner. I see stuff in my wishlist for a certain percentage off but it's a pain trying to figure out if it's a part of a larger sale where a steeper discount could be applied. Is there some mystery button I'm not hitting to see this info without trying to dig around? 

Used to be. "See only wishlist," until Daz killed it. I buy a lot less now as I don't have time to manually scroll through 200/500/5000(!) items in the sale list, looking for my little wishlist hearts.
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,509

Blando Calrissian said:

Anthony_Christian said:

Used to be. "See only wishlist," until Daz killed it. I buy a lot less now as I don't have time to manually scroll through 200/500/5000(!) items in the sale list, looking for my little wishlist hearts.

That is ;part of DAZ Deals Pro: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/454726/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on-ii#latest

Charlie Judge said:

Blando Calrissian said:

That is ;part of DAZ Deals Pro: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/454726/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on-ii#latest

Still 'works' on browsers that haven't got the newer versions of the plugin, my Opera based browser is still using the version 2.5.1 and sometimes it takes a while and several refreshes, but eventually the option does come up.

This discussion has been closed.