There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,649

Hylas said:

I'm proud of myself because the deals yesterday were very good, but I didn't overspend. In fact I kicked a whole bunch of lovely and tempting items off my wishlist because I already have similar things in my library. I'm in my frugal era now!

Well, I would have really pigged out but I am currently very short of funds. I did however get 44 items with a total value of $859 for only $70 (about 92% off)

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,706

Hylas said:

I'm proud of myself because the deals yesterday were very good, but I didn't overspend. In fact I kicked a whole bunch of lovely and tempting items off my wishlist because I already have similar things in my library. I'm in my frugal era now!

Well done! I would have been good, too, but I just had to go and build that second cart ... blush

• tsroemi said:

Hylas said:

Well done! I would have been good, too, but I just had to go and build that second cart ... blush

I held to one cart with around 75 things, but it's largely because at this point, I've bought everything I need/can reasonably use from the PAs involved in yesterday's sale. 

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I would have bought it but I read debut or still new and bought other stuff with the one Spotlight item that showed for me sad

these sales really punish those who don't comprehend DAZspeak

Daz+ Members: Get the Ariana Day Out Bundle for Genesis 9 for $5.99*‡
    when you buy any Debut or Still New Release over $1

I really wish DAZ would be very clear and upfront when deals require and additional purchase.   The "when you buy..." is buried in the sales page.   I'd like to see them ALWAYS state "additional purchase required" when applicable.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

What is todays best value ... what items give the most bang for the buck in the best combo? 

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    edited June 2023

Hylas said:

After some fokls pointed out the great deal combos yesterday, I proceeded to separate about 300-400 items to contemplate getting. I finally took that number down to 121 items which was about $30 more then my credit.  I picked up everything I did not have from code66 that was 90% or more off, and a bunch of FG and OOT stuff.  I don't normally go for hair out side of pro bundles, but OOT has some really nice hair.  I took a few of the RY/OOT bundles for around $2.50, and went with just some of the hair in the bundles that the character was Meh to me in comparison to my BlueJaunt, MSO, isource, and core character stuff.  I picked up a few items at 83% off, but almost all were 95-97% off.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,041

caravelle said:

The 'Ariana Day Out' Bundle is interesting for D+ members. $ 5.99 plus a Spotlight item is nice. I bought the bundle mainly because of the SUV and the hair. Ariana is ok as a kinda unlikable character, although she looks somewhat similar to the other kinda unlikable character in my collection, Victoria 9. I'll convert the little dress into a fantasy outfit with some shaders and add leggings and boots. The shoes - well, not my cup of tea.

@carvelle, I bought the bundle afterall and finished a render of Ariana in the dress, which has a welcomed skirt length morph and others. The high heels, well, the character would have to be standing on her toes to wear them. I used some sandals for my render. I generally don't do open mouth smiles (teeth baring = threat in my mind) but I did one from a pose set with expressions and it turned out okay. I would post but... forums being cranky. I am not sure about her teeth, I have seen folks refer to some teeth as chicklets and that might describe hers. Again, I rarely expose them, although there was no issue with smile sliders or other expressions. I did not try either of the two makeup options. I wish this PA would take a little more time with the promos, as it may cost them sales. I have avoided them in the past for this issue.

Mary

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited June 2023

...well pushed the buy button before midnight Daz time last night, Got a total of 305$ worth of items, including four OOT hairs and two Ironman sets for 21$ & change. Had to use my DazPA coupon as didn't have any tokens but I often forget to use those before the end of the month. Probably the best deal I'll get all sale (and I got  couple tokens out of it).

Aww, but no Double Token Monday this week. Guess I'll jsut have to be content with Taco Tuesday.

ETA:

Oh yeah be careful with that new SUV, it's pretty weighty with has 1.7 million polygons 42 4K textures (some with metallicity maps) and according to one report takes about 5 GB of VRAM with just an HDRI light source.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

kyoto kid said:

Aww, but no Double Token Monday this week. Guess I'll jsut have to be content with Taco Tuesday.

But, it is double token Monday. 

memcneil70 said:

caravelle said:

The 'Ariana Day Out' Bundle is interesting for D+ members. $ 5.99 plus a Spotlight item is nice. I bought the bundle mainly because of the SUV and the hair. Ariana is ok as a kinda unlikable character, although she looks somewhat similar to the other kinda unlikable character in my collection, Victoria 9. I'll convert the little dress into a fantasy outfit with some shaders and add leggings and boots. The shoes - well, not my cup of tea.

@carvelle, I bought the bundle afterall and finished a render of Ariana in the dress, which has a welcomed skirt length morph and others. The high heels, well, the character would have to be standing on her toes to wear them. I used some sandals for my render. I generally don't do open mouth smiles (teeth baring = threat in my mind) but I did one from a pose set with expressions and it turned out okay. I would post but... forums being cranky. I am not sure about her teeth, I have seen folks refer to some teeth as chicklets and that might describe hers. Again, I rarely expose them, although there was no issue with smile sliders or other expressions. I did not try either of the two makeup options. I wish this PA would take a little more time with the promos, as it may cost them sales. I have avoided them in the past for this issue.

Mary

Thanks so much for your descriptions, I'm still on the fence about the bundle. Would you say you like the character overall? Because fhe promos really don't say much ... 

kyoto kid said:

...well pushed the buy button before midnight Daz time last night, Got a total of 305$ worth of items, including four OOT hairs and two Ironman sets for 21$ & change. Had to use my DazPA coupon as didn't have any tokens but I often forget to use those before the end of the month. Probably the best deal I'll get all sale (and I got  couple tokens out of it).

ETA:

Oh yeah be careful with that new SUV, it's pretty weighty with has 1.7 million polygons 42 4K textures (some with metallicity maps) and according to one report takes about 5 GB of VRAM with just an HDRI light source.

Thanks for the warning! That PA seems to have general problems with poly count and efficient texturing. 
    And I am seeing double tokens today, might want to check again. 

edited June 2023

I purchased the bundle and was curious how it would render after reading the high specs on the SUV ... Here are all 4 products from the new $5.99 bundle plus a building and an HDR sky  It took 10 minutes and 7 seconds on my 2070 Super GPU. I really didn;t think that was too bad. 

Well, once again the forums will not upload an image. What a joke really. What's wrong with this place? 

the bundle .jpg
    1758 x 1433 - 2M
    Post edited by daveso on

daveso said:

I purchased the bundle and was curious how it would render after reading the high specs on the SUV ... Here are all 4 products from the new $5.99 bundle plus a building and an HDR sky  It took 10 minutes and 7 seconds on my 2070 Super GPU. I really didn;t think that was too bad. 

Well, once again the forums will not upload an image. What a joke really. What's wrong with this place? 

Thanks for posting this info, anyway, much appreciated! Sounds like in effect, the car isn't that unuseable!

tsroemi said:

daveso said:

Thanks for posting this info, anyway, much appreciated! Sounds like in effect, the car isn't that unuseable!

seems fine. I'm going to try a few more figures, one at a time to see what happens. Maybe even another car .. so 2 of them

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,068

daveso said:

tsroemi said:

daveso said:

seems fine. I'm going to try a few more figures, one at a time to see what happens. Maybe even another car .. so 2 of them

can instance 

edited June 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

daveso said:

tsroemi said:

daveso said:

can instance 

true. I always forget abiut that. With 2 SUVs the render time went to 58 minutes. With 1 SUV and 2 genesis figures it was 36. A single SUV with just lighting rendered in 34 seconds. Yeah, instancing would really reduce the time. I'm pretty good overall even with a couple hour render. I just go and do something else while its cooking. Longer ones I do overnight.  

Post edited by daveso on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,118
    Orange banner coupon for extra percentage off, but the sale seems to have taken a nose dive today, and I don't see any great opportunities to use it. New releases aren't doing much for me, and even Daz+ for a Day seems rather weak.

I don't really mind not buying anything here today, of course - it just seems odd to have a "Special Thanks" coupon but find little use for it. Please do post any great deals you stumble across - I'm not much interested in "cart Jenga" today, and my experiments were limited.
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,423

doubledeviant said:

Orange banner coupon for extra percentage off, but the sale seems to have taken a nose dive today, and I don't see any great opportunities to use it. New releases aren't doing much for me, and even Daz+ for a Day seems rather weak.

The armour looks good, and above all a bit more authentic than much of what has been offered in this genre in recent years. Hector, however, makes me wonder why a Near Eastern mythical hero has to look like the head of Twitter, Tesla and SpaceX... 

doubledeviant said:

I don't really mind not buying anything here today, of course - it just seems odd to have a "Special Thanks" coupon but find little use for it. Please do post any great deals you stumble across - I'm not much interested in "cart Jenga" today, and my experiments were limited.

Don't see the nosedive... Collecting stuff at 91-92% off from Daz+ for a Day and Featured Artists. Cart already at 90% off, even though there's only 17 items for $40.16

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,118
    edited June 2023
    PerttiA said:

Don't see the nosedive... Collecting stuff at 91-92% off from Daz+ for a Day and Featured Artists. Cart already at 90% off, even though there's only 17 items for $40.16

Featured Artists seems to top out at 87% off for me (banner coupon, 8 tokens, new release in cart). Perhaps your banner is a higher percentage off than mine (15% off).

Also, that section works differently than how I first read it - Daz sale copy is terrible. It looks like only the spotlight and two or more FA items are needed for the full discount for Daz+ members? (The spotlight item didn't seem to be working for me before, but it is now.)

Edit: Ah, I see - Daz Originals go to 91% off.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on

i have no banner. my max off is 77% with my meager 2 tokens. 

tsroemi said:

memcneil70 said:

caravelle said:

Mary

Thanks so much for your descriptions, I'm still on the fence about the bundle. Would you say you like the character overall? Because fhe promos really don't say much ... 

Sorry about the delay, I fell down a rabbit hole of 'haplogroups' and ancient migration patterns yesterday and again this morning. 

As far as Ariana goes, she is okay. Does she shout to me she is a star? No, and a star is too noticable to everyone, you need a character actress that can become who you need. Other than that one render, I didn't play with her anymore. (That rabbit hole had me firmly in its grips.) But, she posed nicely, her sliders for expressions worked well. I have had some characters where their faces never moved a muscle and frustrated me no end. I think I would need to use her more often in other ways to get a better feel for her. I think any number of people here on the forums could do a lot with her based on what I have seen them post in the past. 

As far as the SUV goes, yeah XI has an unfortunate habit of using large texture sets, though they have gotten better at adding lower level ones in recent packages. Suggest the MMX sets to reduce size or the one of the other products that reduces stress on your computers? (My old iMac needs to be rebooted right now and I can't think of the name off my 71-year-old head.) I haven't tried it on neither my MacBookPro M1 nor my Win 10 1080 or 1080Ti computers, so I don't know if it crash them. I have been able to render the XI Christmas New York scene without issue thought.

Mary

Here is a test of the XI SUV on my Win 10 Laptop with 32 GB Ram, a 1080 card w/8 GB VRAM. I used an HDRI and one light from HDRI PhotoShoot 2. Everything out of the box. No issues, took 38 seconds.

Mary

Test XI SUV WIN 10 32GB 1080 8 GB VRAM.png
    700 x 700 - 503K
  • PerttiA said:

doubledeviant said:

Ah, here is where crazy buying over the last few weeks is starting to catch up ... I'm running out of things I need/want in that % off bracket in the Featured section. 

• If looking for amazing deals don't pull the trigger right away on your cart and keep an eye on the lightning deals throughout the day for deals. The yesterday I did this and grabbed one of the the Kola mega-bundle for 94% off after adding to cart.

Do note the exclusions on the orange banner... wink

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,911

why i can't haz orange banner crying

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,182
    edited June 2023

memcneil70 said:

Here is a test of the XI SUV on my Win 10 Laptop with 32 GB Ram, a 1080 card w/8 GB VRAM. I used an HDRI and one light from HDRI PhotoShoot 2. Everything out of the box. No issues, took 38 seconds.

Mary

What is that black rectangle going through the driver side window and the roof?

Post edited by DanaTA on

captainalvord said:

If looking for amazing deals don't pull the trigger right away on your cart and keep an eye on the lightning deals throughout the day for deals. The yesterday I did this and grabbed one of the the Kola mega-bundle for 94% off after adding to cart.

The problem with the Lightning Deals is that when one has tokens, one tries to do just one cart per day (each cart uses tokens, one big cart is better than many small ones) and as one wants to push the expiry date of the earned tokens as far as possible, one doesn't want to pull the trigger before 9PM Daztime, so the only Lightning Deals that one can use are the last ones of the Daz day.

memcneil70 said:

Mary

Thanks again, and I'm also curious as to the black thingie sticking in the car's side - ? Am now off to google 'haplogroups' I think smiley 

This discussion has been closed.