There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,999

Hylas said:

Others may have already figured this out, but in case you haven't thought about it:

If you're buying things from the Friends of Sale selection (some pretty deep discounts in there) but aren't interested in the Mega Weekend Sale selection, at least put Cinco de Lime-O and Sweater Dress Textures in your cart, and the overall price may drop.

Good tip!

• barbult said:

Hylas said:

Others may have already figured this out, but in case you haven't thought about it:

If you're buying things from the Friends of Sale selection (some pretty deep discounts in there) but aren't interested in the Mega Weekend Sale selection, at least put Cinco de Lime-O and Sweater Dress Textures in your cart, and the overall price may drop.

Good tip!

Yes very nice tip! there were a couple textures for outfits I already owned in the mega weekend sale that went into my cart for around a buck that I used.  And I agree that the friends sales has some great deep discounts and well worth the entrance fee (ie. Mega Weekend and Debut New etc item purchase). OOT hair and texture items in cart for less than $2 for each matching set. OOT/Raiya Bundles for under $2.50. FG and Ironman Enviroments for under a $1 and Bundles for $2-3. And more items at 95% off or more (with all discounts inclunding 40% off with tokens).  Gotta play that cart Jenga but some great deals if you're willing to play. My wallet is wishing I didn't.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Today seems to be one of those "All you can eat" days... Friends of sales are really friendly.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,706

barbult said:

Hylas said:

Good tip!

Thanks, that was a great tip! Guys, do try and play with this a bit, there's really nice things to be had for very little, OOT and such. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,649

Well, it is a great sale BUT:

/font sarcasm  IIRC there was a Mother's Day sale but there is no Father's Day sale. I feel discriminated against. \font sarcasm devil

• Charlie Judge said:

Well, it is a great sale BUT:

/font sarcasm  IIRC there was a Mother's Day sale but there is no Father's Day sale. I feel discriminated against. \font sarcasm devil

I can't make a sale but I can wish you a happy Dad's Day 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,649

Heads Up for all the non-US members: Tomorrow is a holiday (Juneteenth) in the United States. I'm not sure if this will affect DAZ service or not.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    edited June 2023

captainalvord said:

barbult said:

Hylas said:

Good tip!

Yes very nice tip! there were a couple textures for outfits I already owned in the mega weekend sale that went into my cart for around a buck that I used.  And I agree that the friends sales has some great deep discounts and well worth the entrance fee (ie. Mega Weekend and Debut New etc item purchase). OOT hair and texture items in cart for less than $2 for each matching set. OOT/Raiya Bundles for under $2.50. FG and Ironman Enviroments for under a $1 and Bundles for $2-3. And more items at 95% off or more (with all discounts inclunding 40% off with tokens).  Gotta play that cart Jenga but some great deals if you're willing to play. My wallet is wishing I didn't.

How did you manage to get stuff for 95% off or more?  The best I was able to figure out was 88% off on some daz originals items. A few days ago I could manage 92% off on some daz originals if using 8 tokens, but I don't see how to make that work out with this sale.

Post edited by XiousDs on
  • The best I could do when I did my weekend buy yesterday was 88%. I didn't do a great deal of cart Jenga, but that was the best I could do with the stuff I realistically wanted/could use. My guess is that I didn't buy any "new today" items.There just weren't very many new items that interested me this past week, none interesting enough to buy them the day they came out. I finally did a buy yesterday, based largely on "mega" plus Friends, because my tokens were expiring.

edited June 2023

XiousDs said:

How did you manage to get stuff for 95% off or more?  The best I was able to figure out was 88% off on some daz originals items. A few days ago I could manage 92% off on some daz originals if using 8 tokens, but I don't see how to make that work out with this sale.

Friends of sale, Fugazi, Mattymanx, JeffersonAF, Outoftouch, Code66, Raiya.
    Some items at the lists are 82-83% off for Daz+ members, put Debut New, Still New, or Spotlight Release in the cart with 2 Mega Weekend Sale Items and have 8 tokens to use.
    My first cart was 131 items (bundles counted as one item) for $160 at 95% off (MSRP $3265)

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • PerttiA said:

XiousDs said:

Some items at the lists are 82-83% off for Daz+ members, put Debut New, Still New, or Spotlight Release in the cart with 2 Mega Weekend Sale Items and have 8 tokens to use.
    My first cart was 131 items (bundles counted as one item) for $160 at 95% off (MSRP $3265)

This. Had to do a double take when looking at the Friends of sale when some items started at 82-83% off before being put in a cart and trying to max out the discount.  

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

I am hoovering up a gajillion Fugazi sets. It's like Christmas.

captainalvord said:

PerttiA said:

XiousDs said:

This. Had to do a double take when looking at the Friends of sale when some items started at 82-83% off before being put in a cart and trying to max out the discount.  

It works fine with 4 or 5 tokens as well, you still get great prices. Just make sure to throw in something new and something mega ;-) 

• Yeah, OK, I see. I was not looking at that type of thing yesterday. Gosh, it's tempting. All of you are terrible people for tempting me.

edited June 2023

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Yeah, OK, I see. I was not looking at that type of thing yesterday. Gosh, it's tempting. All of you are terrible people for tempting me.

Hee, same happened to me a few hours earlier today. We're all little devils to each other around here devil. But the cute kind. Happy shopping! 

Post edited by tsroemi on

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Yeah, OK, I see. I was not looking at that type of thing yesterday. Gosh, it's tempting. All of you are terrible people for tempting me.

I had to drive to the next town to buy a prepaid credit card, when I saw what was going on. blush

Sitting on my second cart until my morning (9PM Daztime) because that will move the expiration date of the earned tokens one day further.

• I've come to the conclusion that these deals for OOT/FG/MMX/etc are new today. I had a similar buy-in yesterday and bought a couple of OOT things, but not at 95% off. Anyone in need of stuff by these PAs should run, run, run to this sale. :) Thanks for mentioning it. And tempting me.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

I'm on my second cart, and with tokens throw in I even have a couple of thing 97% off.

• Shall we do a separate thread of Sale Stuff Renders a la the Memorial Day sale, when the dust settles?

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311

PerttiA said:

XiousDs said:

Defintely a nice deal... now how much of all the (individual) items do you think you are actually going to use in a render (or for kitbashing or whateverwink), and how many years do you estimate it will take you....cheekysmiley (I think I haven't even used half the stuff I've got from here in the past, oh, 16 years already...ouch..... come to think of it, not even downloaded all.....)

• Aiko 8 is in the Grab N' Go for $4.99, but is also in Daz+ for a Day at $5.99, and at $3.99 if you are a Daz+ member and "you buy any Debut New, Still New, or Spotlight Release over $1"

Unfortunately, because she's in the G&G, it appears that the cart automatically defaults to that price, even if one qualifies for the lower $3.99 price.

Probably not even worth filing a ticket, just kinda sloppy.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited June 2023

...so trying to whittle the cart down more and saw that if I bought 2 or more Mega Weekend Sale Items, I could get another 15% off.  Of course the free ones obviously don't count when I put two of the 1,.23$ items it applied the discount to the "Friends Of" items I had in the cart, but the cart total actually went up instead of down.  

In the description for the Mega Weekend Sale, it mentions that Daz+ members get an extra 30% off, but apparently that only applies if Daz+ members also buy a new release over 5$ (should state so in the offer description)..

So unless you can afford to really load up a cart, that extra 15% is pointless even using inexpensive items..

So dumped the two items out and just went with what I had.

I remember when sales here used to be so nice and simple. 

ETA:

Also wondering since tomorrow is Junteenth will the Mega Weekend Sale be extended?

line break.jpg
    700 x 3 - 1K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2023

glaseye said:

Defintely a nice deal... now how much of all the (individual) items do you think you are actually going to use in a render (or for kitbashing or whateverwink), and how many years do you estimate it will take you....cheekysmiley (I think I haven't even used half the stuff I've got from here in the past, oh, 16 years already...ouch..... come to think of it, not even downloaded all.....)

It's about having choices, what kind of hair fits this character and what would be the enviroment that fits the idea in my mind.

If one buys only products one knows one needs in current scene, those products are most likely not in sale when one wants them. Getting OOT and Fugazi products now at  $0.60 to $1.40 is definitely worth it.

Edit: The two carts added 5+ pages to my Product Library blush

Post edited by PerttiA on

Blando Calrissian said:

Aiko 8 is in the Grab N' Go for $4.99, but is also in Daz+ for a Day at $5.99, and at $3.99 if you are a Daz+ member and "you buy any Debut New, Still New, or Spotlight Release over $1"

Unfortunately, because she's in the G&G, it appears that the cart automatically defaults to that price, even if one qualifies for the lower $3.99 price.

Probably not even worth filing a ticket, just kinda sloppy.

Yeah, I was waiting for her to appear in Daz+ for a Day, and they did this... Bummer...crying

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 882

Today was painful for my wallet. Ouch! blush

paulawp (marahzen) Since this sale is during the DAZ+ sale, we could maybe just share renders in the DAZ+ sale contest thread?

Most of us shopping a little wildly today are probably DAZ+ members. We could just add an extra tag in our post mentioning the "Mega Weekend sale" and proceed to miserably fail to render even a fraction of what we got. wink

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,423
    edited June 2023

The 'Ariana Day Out' Bundle is interesting for D+ members. $ 5.99 plus a Spotlight item is nice. I bought the bundle mainly because of the SUV and the hair. Ariana is ok as a kinda unlikable character, although she looks somewhat similar to the other kinda unlikable character in my collection, Victoria 9. I'll convert the little dress into a fantasy outfit with some shaders and add leggings and boots. The shoes - well, not my cup of tea.

Post edited by caravelle on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,307

caravelle said:

The 'Ariana Day Out' Bundle is interesting for D+ members. $ 5.99 plus a Spotlight item is nice. I bought the bundle mainly because of the SUV and the hair. Ariana is ok as a kinda unlikable character, although she looks somewhat similar to the other kinda unlikable character in my collection, Victoria 9. I'll convert the little dress into a fantasy outfit with some shaders and add leggings and boots. The shoes - well, not my cup of tea.

Yeah, it's a really nice price, but this bundle is just "meh" to me. I agree that the character doesn't feel likeable or with much personality, and having 4 exactly the same promo shots doesn't convince me and probably doesn't do her justice. From the rest of it, the hair is the only thing I can see myself using, so even at that admittedly great price, I'm likely going to pass.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,068
    edited June 2023

I would have bought it but I read debut or still new and bought other stuff with the one Spotlight item that showed for me sad

these sales really punish those who don't comprehend DAZspeak

Daz+ Members: Get the Ariana Day Out Bundle for Genesis 9 for $5.99*‡
    when you buy any Debut or Still New Release over $1

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,423

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I would have bought it but I read debut or still new and bought other stuff with the one Spotlight item that showed for me sad

these sales really punish those who don't comprehend DAZspeak

Daz+ Members: Get the Ariana Day Out Bundle for Genesis 9 for $5.99*‡
    when you buy any Debut or Still New Release over $1

It's not a problem if you've already used the Spotlight - just buy it again; it's definitely a huge discount. Put it in your cart before you log on. I also had to play a bit of 'cart Jenga' before I found out that the offer also works with Spotlight items. The main thing is obviously that you are a D+ member. Good luck!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,911

I'm proud of myself because the deals yesterday were very good, but I didn't overspend. In fact I kicked a whole bunch of lovely and tempting items off my wishlist because I already have similar things in my library. I'm in my frugal era now!

This discussion has been closed.