There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• kyoto kid said:

...+1

I'm giving them one more chance with the October Anniversary sale, but if it's like this one, that's it, I'll let the membership lapse.

Still haven't seen anything that's Daz+ exclusive or "better" terms (D+FAD, BYOB, Summer Sale bundle, etc.) that makes me want to grab a quarterly membership even. But like you, I will give it a last try in the fall. Even though last year's fall/winter sales weren't as good as I recall.

Right now, I am picking up a few things, mostly wishlist, from the flash sales & daily deals that are open to all, such as today's SC-FI-SUN coupon.

Also one of my newest shopping "rules" is that if I read about a promo that isn't working for a number of people, I don't bother with it. And that goes double when it's on a weekend/holiday or the only response people get is "make a ticket."

• retiretomauiretiretomaui Posts: 387

...worked for me with 5 items and cleared more off the wishlist.

As to the error message:.

Did you have any other items in the cart that are not part of the offer? 

Did you use all caps (the code is case sensitive)?

Did you copy and paste it (sometimes when doing this a space is added)?. 

Thank you for the suggestions. I've tried it all. Nothing works. It just seems like the code doesn't work for the rest of us. Oh well...

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

retiretomaui said:

i let mine lapse. I just got tired of the specials being plants. Always plants.

Also, let's hope they can actually get the sales to work. The Gen3 sales code for today is not working, so I guess that's another sale that Daz is losing. Off to Renderosity with my disposable income, I suppose.

rendo has changed their sales to enhance thier prime program. Used to be 50% off for non-members, now 40 for most, and even higher for prime.  50-60

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited June 2023

...well probably did the best on this sale I'll do all month.  Picked up 201$ and change worth of content in three separate purchases: the G3 Grab Bag, The Cyber Savings category (using 2 of the Double Discount DOs both whicch I founbd useful), and Sci-Fi-Fun Coupon sale,  as well as two Tokens I didn't realise I had accumulated, for a total of 31$, which cleared a number of items off the wishlist.. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

kyoto kid said:

...well probably did the best on this sale I'll do all month.  Picked up 201$ and change worth of content in three separate purchases: the G3 Grab Bag, The Cyber Savings category (using 2 of the Double Discount DOs both whicch I founbd useful), and Sci-Fi-Fun Coupon sale,  as well as two Tokens I didn't realise I had accumulated, for a total of 31$, which cleared a number of items off the wishlist.. 

I got $542 of stuff for $41.15.  I got 1 of the spot light items, 2 old sci-fi items for 29 cents after the $10 was taken off from that special, the mole and mole rat from Daz+FAD, all 4 Daz+ aniversary bundles, and 12 of the Gen3 grab bag items.  I had 8 tokens so that greatly helped, and since it was doulble token day, it refreshed my 8 tokens.  My gen3 items were stuff mainly from polish, zev0, AeonSoul, and RawArt.  I want some child size slim man's and silent sally's to terrorize my rendor inhabitants. ROFL

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,068

are people seeing a bigger selection of Genesis 3 stuff than I am in that sale (some of which I actually own in bundles) 159 of 200

• logged in with two browsers different numbers yep ... but coupon doesn't work in either browser only opened the tab of stuff on sale 
    ---
    dear Daz.. .you screwed up again... logged in to check an item that I purchased ... saw the sale stopped to look? why, because a friend put a $200 gift card (not a daz one.. just for money) so I was looking. Now I'm not, out of here.. 
    stopped in once this month and it's broken

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    edited June 2023

glad it's not only me which the GEN3 code is not working tried mulitple times use it and it's not working, tried different stuffs and keep saying which the code is invalid none of the stuff from the sales which i've tried are working for me, i was trying for like 40 minutes and nothing work before post.

"CUPON CODE IS NOT VALID".

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954

...while I have a decent amount of G3 content, as I've mentioned elsewhere I tend to be rather choosy due to budget constraints, and what I like but am unable to afford at the time goes onto the wishlist (4 of the five items in the Grab Bag sale and one of the Cyber Savings sale, I purchased today were on my wishlist)

With Bone Minion, conversion scripts, and XTransfer I can mix G3 poses and shapes with G8. For hair I simply manually fit and parent it to preserve the movement and styling morphs.

Besides sets and props, I actualy tend to spend a fair amount on utility and resource content  About the only time I use a character "out of the box" is if it's a standalone one like a critter, toon character or Aiko3.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,649
    edited June 2023

I would have been more interested in today's DO Bundle flash sale if there was a "purchase for only the price of items not owned" option. But unfortunately there isn't; so it is a definite pass for me.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Charlie Judge said:

I would have been more interested in today's DO Bundle flash sale if there was a "purchase for only the price of items not owned" option. But unfortunately there isn't; so it is a definite pass for me.

Same, 78% off the MSRP without "pay only for items you don't own"... No deal.

• SPECIALTIES - Grab bag code for Gen 8 is not working either... at least not for me.

• Anthony_Christian said:

SPECIALTIES - Grab bag code for Gen 8 is not working either... at least not for me.

What was in your cart, and did it come from the linked category?

Anthony_Christian said:

SPECIALTIES - Grab bag code for Gen 8 is not working either... at least not for me.

Be sure you have at least 5 items from the linked catagory. 

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,118
    I wish Daz would post the banner sales (the longer flash sales) at the start of the day. Not enough time to browse the selection being offered when the sale goes up later in the day. I was able to find a few interesting items before turnover, but ultimately I emptied the cart because I don't like being so rushed. It's better than the old 1-2 hour flash sales, but still quite inconvenient.

doubledeviant said:

I wish Daz would post the banner sales (the longer flash sales) at the start of the day. Not enough time to browse the selection being offered when the sale goes up later in the day. I was able to find a few interesting items before turnover, but ultimately I emptied the cart because I don't like being so rushed. It's better than the old 1-2 hour flash sales, but still quite inconvenient.

The situation has improved considerably.

I'm 9 hours ahead of Daztime, so the Daz midnight is 9AM for me. Previously I had to check the store for any flashsales right after waking up, but now they have put them up at around 10PM (my time) at the latest and that has given me some couple of hours to check the offer before heading to bed.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,911

I like the way DAZ has been doing Flash Sales recently, it's convenient for my timezone (Europe).

Usually it sais when the sale will end, which is great. Many of them last all day.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,423

Every time I think 'That's it, Daz, see you in October', they come around the corner with something irresistible, like today with the 'Medusa' bundle. Darned gang...! wink

caravelle said:

Every time I think 'That's it, Daz, see you in October', they come around the corner with something irresistible, like today with the 'Medusa' bundle. Darned gang...! wink

Yeah... After draining my store credit yesterday (actually this morning), I wasn't planning on buying anything, but both the Medusa and the Courtyard Bundle came down enough to awaken desires and the naughty broom wasn't helping...
    Sigh... It looks I need to get another 150Eur prepaid credit card after work...

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,118
    edited June 2023
    Hylas said:

I like the way DAZ has been doing Flash Sales recently, it's convenient for my timezone (Europe).

Usually it sais when the sale will end, which is great. Many of them last all day.

It's convenient for *you*. Other people in your time zone, working different shifts, having different schedules, probably find the timing inconvenient.

If I worked a daytime shift, the sales would be less inconvenient for me, despite living halfway across the world from you. But since I work nights, it's most convenient for me to shop in the early morning. It's not a time zone thing. The way to make it work for everyone is simply to start the sales when the store turns over.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on

doubledeviant said:

Hylas said:

It's convenient for *you*. Other people in your time zone, working different shifts, having different schedules, probably find the timing inconvenient.

If I worked a daytime shift, the sales would be less inconvenient for me, despite living halfway across the world from you. But since I work nights, it's most convenient for me to shop in the early morning. It's not a time zone thing. The way to make it work for everyone is simply to start the sales when the store turns over.

I think it hurts them not doing that.  I won't pull a trigger on a cart until I think I have seen the last "flash" sale that will pop up unless it is an absolutely amazing deal.  I also will often dump a cart if I feel like I am rushed near the end of the time crunch before a sale expires.  I also will dump a cart if I can't make up what I want because I don't have enough time to decide.  Yesterday they lost out on quite a few sales from me because I could not make up my mind if I wanted the gen3 grab bag stuff or the gen 8 grab bag stuff.  If they had made the coupon work for both items, or just one of them use a coupon and the other work after you buy X number of them, then I would have happily filled up my cart with gen 3 and gen 8 grab bag items before using another $30 or so of credit.

It just would make sense if all sales for the Daz day were posted at the start of their new day.  No gotcha special sales later in the day.  Just here are the sales, enjoy spending the day determining what you want to buy. 

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 889

The last few days were simply ridiculous. So many fantastic new releases, it hurt (the now completely empty wallet).

What happened to Fast Grab? There is only one item the Toon Roach; and that has been in Fast Garb for over a month

Charlie Judge said:

What happened to Fast Grab? There is only one item the Toon Roach; and that has been in Fast Garb for over a month

He's trying to tell you something wink 

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

He's trying to tell you something wink 

Have you payed attention to what days the flash back aniversary bundles change?  I think it is like every 3 or so days with a new one posted yesterday.  Trying to determine if the current one will be there come Monday, but I think Monday will be a new one. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,445

I believe that they come out Tuesday and Friday.

• Charlie Judge said:

I did notice and report this.

edited June 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Charlie Judge said:

I did notice and report this.

And now it has been repopulated. Thanks, Richard. 

ETA: WOW 53 items! Check it out, 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Not really thrilled with this sale so going to let 7 tokens expire.  I will still have 8 tokens left that will expire after tomorrow so I will see what tomorrow brings.  If it is the same sale tomorrow, then I can find something then. Bummer as there were several things before today that I would have rather used the tokens on, but saved them thinking maybe something better would come around.  Pretty much everything I was interested in had better deals the past 2 days.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,911

Others may have already figured this out, but in case you haven't thought about it:

If you're buying things from the Friends of Sale selection (some pretty deep discounts in there) but aren't interested in the Mega Weekend Sale selection, at least put Cinco de Lime-O and Sweater Dress Textures in your cart, and the overall price may drop.

This discussion has been closed.