There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015
    edited June 2023

Ghost said:

Out of curiosity, are you guys taking advantage of 6$ Daz+ for a day deals?

It's the best deal available. Had about $150 worth from that list in my cart before I started trimming it down, which was difficult as they came down to $2.03 per item at 89%-95% off. (Daz+ member, Debut new, SUMMER-SALE for extra 15% off and 8 tokens for extra 40% off)

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • barbult said:

AllenArt said:

No male stuff today, so I can save my pennies for another day ;)

I haven't purchased for several days. I even let tokens expire. Nothing interests me lately. I'm sure something will come along one of these days.

Me too.  

joanna said:

Ghost said:

Only when there's a spotlight item I want. 5.99 doesn't feel like a deal in comparison to the last year's 1.99 (and 3.99 is still a 200% increase from last year).

To me, the biggest bust is BYOB. At 5.99 (again, 200% increase) there's no appeal to browse through at all. 

Yeah... I have looked at it a few times and on the best day, there were four items that I could have bought, but as it has to be eight... Pass.

• GhostGhost Posts: 103

Thanks for the replies. I didn't get a single one, as opposed to last year, when I was getting a couple every single day, for as long as they've been priced at 2$.
    4$ + around 2$ buy-in is still 6$, jscheeky 

joanna said:

Only when there's a spotlight item I want. 5.99 doesn't feel like a deal in comparison to the last year's 1.99 (and 3.99 is still a 200% increase from last year).

To me, the biggest bust is BYOB. At 5.99 (again, 200% increase) there's no appeal to browse through at all. 

Every category seems like a bust to melaugh
    Including the bundles that used to be "free" (you needed to be a member - so not exactly free) and now are 11$ (10$ buy in +1$ price).

Nothing special on individual + items either. It supposed to be a + sale right?
    Meh, the only good deals were Michael and Victoria pro bundles for 5$ each - that was a nice dealsmiley 

Ghost said:

Thanks for the replies. I didn't get a single one, as opposed to last year, when I was getting a couple every single day, for as long as they've been priced at 2$.
    4$ + around 2$ buy-in is still 6$, jscheeky 

One could say, they are still $2 each... I have 30 items in my cart for $61.14 at 92% off out of which half is going to be paid with the discount from buying a Gift Card, so it's more like $1 each cheeky

• mdingmding Posts: 1,217

Ghost said:

Meh, the only good deals were Michael and Victoria pro bundles for 5$ each - that was a nice dealsmiley 

@Ghost: Michael 8 HD addon is  in DAZ+ FAD today.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,911

Ghost said:

Mostly no. I got Skies of Twilight and Neural Notions when they first showed up in the D+FAD cathegory.

The G8 core characters and HD add-ons for $4/$6 would be a good deal, but I already have basically all the G8 core characters I really want. There's a few left I wouldn't mind having, but I'm in no hurry and the deal has to be better.

• PerttiA said:

Seems to be one of 'those' days... Parental guidance needed when going through todays offers.wink

Yep. Building a cart now ...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited June 2023

Ghost said:

...not since the price jumped by 4$ per item (which now is the "special member pricing" unless you buy a new release which wasn't the case in previous years).  They seem to be making membership less and less valuable every day..  With these price increases, a 6$ coupon doesn't go anywhere near as far as it did a a few years ago.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

i keep ending my DAZ+ membership but then a deal come up and rejoin, but its getting much more difficult to do so. I am in until November, but this time it might be it. Can't say for sure as things change.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

Seems to be one of 'those' days... Parental guidance needed when going through todays offers.wink

Yep. Building a cart now ...

what are the have to deals today? 

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited June 2023

I'm playing cart jenga just for the heck of it to see how low I can get the prices to go. It's entertaining I guess. It's so tempting to pick up a lot of the DAZ + For a Day once you get the prices down by meeting a couple conditions, but then one ends up filling up a cart with way more than one intended to spend and more than if one had just bought a couple of DAZ + For a day items to begin with. Buy more to save more, but buying nothing is still %100 savings. You can never spend a dollar twice. And I have no dollars to spend right now anyway. There's always another sale!

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,069

Calliope23 said:

I'm playing cart jenga just for the heck of it to see how low I can get the prices to go. It's entertaining I guess. It's so tempting to pick up a lot of the DAZ + For a Day once you get the prices down by meeting a couple conditions, but then one ends up filling up a cart with way more than one intended to spend and more than if one had just bought a couple of DAZ + For a day items to begin with. Buy more to save more, but buying nothing is still %100 savings. You can never spend a dollar twice. And I have no dollars to spend right now anyway. There's always another sale!

yep, using the Spotlight texture I didn't have the outfit for reduces stuff by a lot but one has to buy more than one to make it pay so in the end ditched it and just bought one 

• Essentially, the angle for today's sale is that you have tokens on hand, then get two new/still new items + spotlight + use the summer-sale coupon, then optionally max the various categories you're interested in (eg, 2+ artist or daily special items) and get to $50+. If those things fall into place, today is a good day - it's a double token day and with the "all items return" for artists, daily specials and daz-for-a-day, the selection is as inspiring as it's been. With that, I'm getting the actual new things at 74% off, the spotlight item at 93% off, and the other various categories (including flash sale, with 11 items+) for 84-90% off. But yes, I admit, to fully take advantage, you have to have the tokens on hand from the weekend or thereabouts, and be able to muster a $50 cart again, which I understand is a luxury.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,708

joanna said:

Ghost said:

Both same here. These new prices don't work for me at all. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,873

In case anyone is interested: Brutalist Lounge includes the HDR seen through the windows in the promos, though I could find no mention of this on the product page. A scene (rather than a set) is included with basic environment render settings, (but I did have to use UltraHD +4 Brightness settings to get the amount of light I desired) and out the box roughly gives the look of the promos (cameras are included).

The doors open and have limits, and the front door includes a small (4m) vestibule/cul-de-sac on the other side.

This is the third team-up by Tesla3dCorp and bituka3d---the second I've purchased---and I hope they do more, although thanks to tokens and the SUMMER-SALE coupon, I only spent $5.65 for this new, which has to be disappointing as a vendor. I'll have to keep supporting them to make up for it.

They still don't group the props in sections, which makes it tedious to move sections en masse, but I've learned to work around it. There are a lot of environments that I'd never have had an option of if not for these two vendors, yet I've seen a lot of whinging on the forums about them. Looks like they've hit their stride.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,118
    edited June 2023
    joanna said:

Ghost said:

+1.

For $1.99, I might buy an outfit for a single piece, or cart numerous items that I'd otherwise pass. But as that price rises, I'm less and less interested. And depending on base price, $5.99 works out to only 60-70% off many items - not especially motivating as those discounts are available on a frequent basis.

When I'm buying a spotlight item or new release and happen to have tokens, sure, I'll cart a few DFAD items, but it's far less than what I purchased in previous Daz+ sales.

The catch-up helped even out the difference somewhat - I wanted the spotlight item and had six tokens, plus the sale coupon, so I built a large cart of $2.37 DFAD items. Not the best deal possible (due to missing two tokens), but comparable to previous years. Still, it makes the Daz+ sale feel much less special, relying on luck and happenstance for the occasional haul rather than a daily grab bag.

And with BYOB having doubled in price (and still breaking pairs of items and textures/poses/etc into separate selections), and with the absence of category sales, this Daz+ sale isn't offering great prices on Daz+ items either. It might as well be "Madness Sale: Part 2".
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • GEN3 - "Coupon code is not valid"

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,846

dziemian.pawel said:

GEN3 - "Coupon code is not valid"

Can you post a screenshot of what you have in your cart? 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,649

dziemian.pawel said:

GEN3 - "Coupon code is not valid"

It works for me. You have to have at least 5 of the items in your cart. 

• E.BruE.Bru Posts: 181

It does not work for me . Not with 1 not with 5 and not with 6 items.

E.Bru said:

It does not work for me . Not with 1 not with 5 and not with 6 items.

Hmm, It does say DAZ+ Genesis 3 Grab Bag. I wonder if it only works for DAZ+ members; but if so it cetainly isn't clear. 

• here

• MazhMazh Posts: 485

Guess the flash sale is for DAZ+ members only. A simple "for DAZ+ members only" would have clarified it (but would also have prevented me from having all that fun trying to get it to work).

...worked for me with 5 items and cleared more off the wishlist.

As to the error message:.

Did you have any other items in the cart that are not part of the offer? 

Did you use all caps (the code is case sensitive)?

Did you copy and paste it (sometimes when doing this a space is added)?. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

daveso said:

i keep ending my DAZ+ membership but then a deal come up and rejoin, but its getting much more difficult to do so. I am in until November, but this time it might be it. Can't say for sure as things change.

This DAZ+ season is my last. The incentives aren't worth it for me any longer. DAZ+ start to be Generation 9, coupons get nilled by restrictions like "ENTER THIS TO GET SOME % OFF" and most of all I got the feeling that DAZland doesn't want me to be a customer here anymore. For the little I shop recently, having that DAZ+ membership doesn't offer any further advantage.  $ 5.99 for a BYOB or D+faD just doesn't cut it for me.

...+1

I'm giving them one more chance with the October Anniversary sale, but if it's like this one, that's it, I'll let the membership lapse.

• retiretomauiretiretomaui Posts: 387

i let mine lapse. I just got tired of the specials being plants. Always plants.

Also, let's hope they can actually get the sales to work. The Gen3 sales code for today is not working, so I guess that's another sale that Daz is losing. Off to Renderosity with my disposable income, I suppose.

retiretomaui said:

i let mine lapse. I just got tired of the specials being plants. Always plants.

Also, let's hope they can actually get the sales to work. The Gen3 sales code for today is not working, so I guess that's another sale that Daz is losing. Off to Renderosity with my disposable income, I suppose.

Evidently it only works for DAZ+ members 

• retiretomauiretiretomaui Posts: 387

I suspected that might be the case, although the sale ad doesn't state that. Poor form from Daz.

This discussion has been closed.