There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• edited June 2023

I really hate to say it, but between unappealing promos so far during Daz+ Week 1 & problems I've been either reading about in the forums or experiencing myself, I am reconsidering my plans to restart Daz+.

The past few months, I've been happily taking advantage of the simpler promos, coupons and freebies on offer to all (including picking up the Daz+ freebies when I buy something else), so why bother?

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954

...yeah with more G9 products and editorial licence items showing up with the Daz+ identifier, along with the steep price increase for my two usual  "go to" Daz+ sale categories this year, it's making me reconsider renewal as well.

edited June 2023

...hmm, the Three4Thirty promo pulls up the full store listing  (which includes items in the Daily Specials promotion AS WELL) rather than a selection of items the coupon will work on as in the banner it says it excludes "new items, Fastgrab and Daz+ items".

They need to get on the ball. here. .The fact they exclude Daz+ items is sort of odd as this is a Daz+ sale.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 334

kyoto kid said:

...hmm, the Three4Thirty promo pulls up the full store listing  (which includes items in the Daily Specials promotion AS WELL) rather than a selection of items the coupon will work on as in the banner it says it excludes "new items, Fastgrab and Daz+ items".

They need to get on the ball. here. .The fact they exclude Daz+ items is sort of odd as this is a Daz+ sale.

Yeah I was excited about that one and then realized it did not want to apply to new items... guess I am back to waiting for last day before my tokens expire.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,118
    edited June 2023
    The Vihar promos impressed me with their Lilith-esque appeal, and I've watched for a good opportunity to purchase HM's G9 mega bundles. That time has come sooner than expected:

- dForce SU One Piece Swimsuit for Genesis 9, 8.1, and 8 Female
    - Parquet Floor Hungarian and Chevron - Iray Shaders
    - HM Lightstalker Bundle
    - Night Burokrat Bundle
    - 8 tokens
    - Daz+ $6 off $18 purchase coupon

puts the cart at $38.05 - quite an attractive price for the lot.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

DAZ is really pushing DAZ+ in these recent sales, aren't they?
    Lost 18 tokens overnight. Oh, well.
    And, how 'bout that? They don't apply to FastGrab.
    This appears to be a pretty underwhelming Summer so far.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,649

Great Grab n' Go today if you don't already own it

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

Petercat said:

DAZ is really pushing DAZ+ in these recent sales, aren't they?
    Lost 18 tokens overnight. Oh, well.
    And, how 'bout that? They don't apply to FastGrab.
    This appears to be a pretty underwhelming Summer so far.

Ya, tokens have never worked on fast grab.  Actually stacking discounts in general like your coupons don't ever work on fast grab either. As fas as underwhelming, I think it really depends on what you already have.  If you have already procured the items that have the best discounts, then yes, it is disappointing.  If however, you have not already gotten those items, then 3 of the days since the start of the summer sales had GREAT deals.  I managed to get a number of 8.1 mega bundles I did not already have for 95% off.  I also got the Victoria 9 mega bundle for 92% off.  Those are pretty dang good discounts to me.  BUT, if you already had those bundles, then they did not apply to you and what was a great sale potentially for many, would appear underwhelming to others. 

I think what would help some, is if the lighting deals thing had ALL of each personal personalized discounts all at once for the day.  That way you don't have to keep checking each 3 hours to see if you have garbage items listed or a pro bundle that stacks with other discounts to bring the price down to 95% off.  I think a bunch of buying opportunities are missed because folks who might get good deals and buy things, don't see their personalized good deals, then don't buy things.  I mean a number of folks have complained about too many rotating sales and not getting enough time to figure out what they want, don't want, etc, and DAZ makes a feature that gives you a new sale every 3 hours...  Pretty certain most folks would rather be able to see all the deals that will apply for a longer amount of time so that they have more time to figure out what they want.  I know a lot of times I will just dump carts or don't buy, because I run out of time looking once I find out about a sale that has discounts that I like on stuff that I like.

edited June 2023

Charlie Judge said:

I have Michael 8, but I don't have any of the other items in the 8 pro bundle, so I am contemplating getting the bundle for the 5 outfits and 2 hair, even if they are similar to some other ones I have.  I don't really care at all about the other Michael morphs in the bundle.  I am now at the point I pretty much only care about the core characters with exceptions like Mouso, Bluejaunte, crazy creature/cyborg/fantasy artists (ND, Oso, Joe Quick, Josh Crocket, SY, RawArt, to name a few), and one offs. I like the stuff that can look photo realistic when done right.  I am not skilled enough for that myself, but that is what I am aiming to be able to do.

Post edited by XiousDs on

It depends on what you want, as well. I am one of those who have no interest in G9, nor do I care about Human G8. But I've spent a large chunk of cash since 05/28, mostly on non-figure items. In fact, I dropped a bundle on UltraScenery alone, because I didn't have any of it. But because this sale seems to emphasize G9, G8, and DAZ+, it doesn't amount to much for me. And I'm too busy to keep checking back to see if it ever does.
    But that's just me.

Petercat said:

It depends on what you want, as well. I am one of those who have no interest in G9, nor do I care about Human G8. But I've spent a large chunk of cash since 05/28, mostly on non-figure items. In fact, I dropped a bundle on UltraScenery alone, because I didn't have any of it. But because this sale seems to emphasize G9, G8, and DAZ+, it doesn't amount to much for me. And I'm too busy to keep checking back to see if it ever does.
    But that's just me.

A few days a go you could get like 97-98% off on G3 and earlier stuff.  But I guess that is probably when you did your shopping and ended up with 18 tokens.

I guess we are kind of on opposite ends of the spectrum.  I don't want anything older then Gen 8 with a few exceptions.  I am happy with props and stuff during the gen 3 and earlier eras, though, if they will fill a need not currently filled by something newer or add additional variety.  I mostly focus around humanoid, anthromorphs, and fantasy/sci-fi creatures. 

edited June 2023

XiousDs said:

Petercat said:

But that's just me.

A few days a go you could get like 97-98% off on G3 and earlier stuff.  But I guess that is probably when you did your shopping and ended up with 18 tokens.

I guess we are kind of on opposite ends of the spectrum.  I don't want anything older then Gen 8 with a few exceptions.  I am happy with props and stuff during the gen 3 and earlier eras, though, if they will fill a need not currently filled by something newer or add additional variety.  I mostly focus around humanoid, anthromorphs, and fantasy/sci-fi creatures. 

My primary use for Studio is not to create visual art, but the art of the story. Since I started my webcomic over seven years ago, (Over 1100 pages, 8800+ renders) my characters are mostly G1-G3. I'm not even going to try converting them to newer figures. They work fine the way they are. I've spent enough, no need to buy new figures, hair, clothing and other accessories that I don't really need.
    I'm always open for new scenery, props, buildings and interiors, of course. But too many of those are too complex for production-line renders such as mine.
    I already have most of the G3 stuff that I want. Most of my spending this time was on UltraScenery and it's add-ons. I'm happy, but my wallet isn't.

Post edited by Petercat on
  • Charlie Judge said:

And today brings a Vicky 8 Grab n' Go to balance things out (BYO sword and temple)

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048
    edited June 2023

Just wanted to drop in and talk about what the June Daz+ sale used to mean to me, vs. now...

I've been shopping at Daz3D.com since 2017.  It took me a bit to 'fall into the groove' as far as how Daz sales worked, but March Madness and the June/October PC+ sales used to have really good deals.

You have to understand, during one of the MM sales, I actually had a cart with over 200 items in it!  And another cart with over 100 items in it a few days later!  I used to shop at Daz3D.com a LOT, which is why I have well over 10,000 items in my Daz Studio library at this point.

PC+, now Daz+, had remained my favorite sales after March Madness became more like March Meh-ness.  Even the Daz+ sale we had in October 2022 was in my mind a pretty good sale, and I still bought a number of items.  The 'BYOB 8' bundle selections were still interesting as a number of Genesis 3 era items were in them, and I still use Genesis 3 a lot in my storytelling.

But then the tokens showed up, and now we have whatever this new June Daz+ sale is.  I'm sure that if you are new to shopping at Daz3D.com, you can find enough stuff to play the token game, but for me, yeah, I pretty much have been not shopping much at all since the tokens showed up.

Sure, I still buy a few things to put my two monthly Daz+ coupons to good use, and if a particularly good coupon offer shows up (say the $5 off of DO three use coupon that showed up last week), I'll try to put that to good use, and indeed I was able to find 3 items for around $2-3 total (spent about $1 or a bit less for each of the three items out of my store credit).  But other than that, while the new items might have otherwise interested me, the 'average price per item' in my cart has jumped considerably as I simply can't afford to shop every single day to play the token game.

So the net result is that I've spent less money at Daz3D.com in the last three months (almost nothing) than I ever have since 2017.  We are talking maybe $20 or so each month... it used to be at least $200 a month until the token thing showed up.

Tokens to me seem like a way to punish longtime Daz3D.com customers that have been shopping here for years, as we simply don't need to buy stuff every single day as our libraries are pretty extensive at this point, and we are mainly just picking up stuff here and there to enhance our storytelling.  In the meantime, we already have a bunch of cool shaders, and environments and props, not to mention all of those characters, clothes and hair that we've bought over the years, so we can usually 'make do' until a really good deal pops up, so we wait... and wait...

It's not like I wouldn't shop more if the deals were more 'veteran Daz customer' friendly, i.e. those of us that aren't sipping the token kool aid to maximize our deals.  And I get that the PAs would like to make a bit more money.  But I'd rather have $2.49 Daz+ for a day items with no prerequisites instead of this token game.  $1.99 with no prereqs was even better, but I get that inflation may be a thing, but of of course, inflation also means that I have less money to spend on this hobby as well...

And it's not like there isn't stuff that I'd buy if the price is right.  My wishlist still has well over a thousand items in it, just waiting for the best deal.  At this point, I'm just using my monthly Daz+ coupons to grab a handful of wishlist items each month though, and of course when a decent coupon deal comes up that doesn't require spending a lot of money on new stuff...

So short form, as it stands right now, as a 'veteran' Daz3d.com shopper, unless something changes this will be by far the least money I've ever spent in a Daz+ June sale ever, since I started shopping in 2017.  The tokens simply aren't a cost effective option for me, as I can't afford to shop every single day, I wish they'd just go away and more 'straight up' deals would return.

I fully expect to only spend only $20-30 total this month at Daz3D.com, unless something changes.  Last year I probably spent $300-400, and that was WITH inflation more or less at it's peak...

I'm guessing that there are longtime customers that are feeling the same as I am right now.  This token game just seems like a way to punish us 'longtime' Daz3D.com customers, that have been willing to spend $1000 or more per year in past years, even though our Daz Studio libraries are rather extensive at this point.  I'm not feeling very appreciated at this point.

My two cents.

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on

Charlie Judge said:

And today brings a Vicky 8 Grab n' Go to balance things out (BYO sword and temple)

Daz+ Grab N' Go has been rather disappointing - the best deals of the sale, but they seem most suited to enticing or exciting new members as the items are Daz staples likely to have already been purchased by those who've been around a couple years or longer. I haven't seen a single Grab N' Go offer yet. It would've been nice to get a small extra discount for the day for already having the bundles, perhaps something like 5% off a cart.

But at least it should make some members quite happy - for those who didn't have the characters/bundles yet, $5 each is a fantastic deal.

...yep.  Got the base figure as a "loyalty gift"  a while back.  The rest of the bundle actually has a nice selection of items (which often is not always the case with Pro Bundles) so for 4.99$, in the cart it went.

Almost jumped on the Science & Sorcery Fastgrab coupon until I saw it required a Debut New Release as a buyin, none of which are really interesting.

Really hoping the October Daz+ Anniversary won't be like this.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,911
    edited June 2023

yikes yikes yikes yikes, I just spent a lot of money blush

That meaty giftcard from not so long ago is dwindling so quickly!

But I did get 20 items that I really wanted for $65, none of them DO's.

Now I'm kinda hoping for the rest of the sale to be mid angel

haul.jpg
    1496 x 1366 - 689K
    Post edited by Hylas on
    Nice! I was wondering what people would choose from that massive G8 "Goodie Bag" list. Hard to narrow it down to just ten items. I tried (somewhat successfully) for a split between "practical" and "cool stuff":

HS dForce Hip and Breast V2
    Ultimate Pose Mixer
    Universal Pose Splitter
    Face To Face Autopose Arms
    L4N4 HD
    MiA Lvl 4 HD
    Aeridian Lady Stardust
    Muelsfell Halfblood Anashia HD
    CC Beard Boss
    CC Centaur Breeds
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,809
    edited June 2023
    Well daz+ @60% off. I expire in November. See no reason to renew. I have not had a grab n go since day 2. I passed on both.
    Post edited by daveso on

daveso said:

Well daz+ @60% off. I expire in November. See no reason to renew. I have not had a grab n go since day 2. I passed on both.

It stacks with tokens; so you can get an even better deal if you use them. 

• kyoto kid said:

...yep.  Got the base figure as a "loyalty gift"  a while back.  The rest of the bundle actually has a nice selection of items (which often is not always the case with Pro Bundles) so for 4.99$, in the cart it went.

Almost jumped on the Science & Sorcery Fastgrab coupon until I saw it required a Debut New Release as a buyin, none of which are really interesting.

Really hoping the October Daz+ Anniversary won't be like this.

Same. I will have to wait until the catchup to get the (very) few things, like the V8 bundle, I am interested in so far. G8 core figures for $6 in D+FAD is also a decent deal although not as good as $5 for a full pro bundle. Now if they'd only offer one I wanted. 

Regarding tokens, I don't worry about them much, one way or another. I don't try to maximize how many I get since I rarely spend more than $20/cart. If I happen to have tokens when I check out, sure I will use them. During the Memorial Day sale is the only time I had a plan, if you want to call it that. I was buying Moriah with an "extra 50% off 1 item" coupon and wanted other models in the 60 to 75% off deal, so I bought the others first, then used those 2-3 tokens on Moriah. But that was just an extra little bonus.

edited June 2023

While there are new 'Bundles for a Buck' I already purchased the Street Punk Bundle for Genesis 9 long before the new bundles were up and I already own everything in the Summer Sale Bundle 2. So, there is no viable option for me to get the new 'Bundles for a Buck'. sad

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • oddboboddbob Posts: 370

doubledeviant said:

Nice! I was wondering what people would choose from that massive G8 "Goodie Bag" list. Hard to narrow it down to just ten items. I tried (somewhat successfully) for a split between "practical" and "cool stuff":

You can do it more than once, as long as you buy something new each time. I did mostly sci-fi and used a few tokens. Also picked up the V8 pro bundle and a couple of things off the other catagories. Then I used those tokens and the cheapest qualifying thing to get ten mostly historical items. I also waited until the lightning deal thing flipped over to see if there was anything there worth having.

Charlie Judge said:

While there are new 'Bundles for a Buck' I already purchased the Street Punk Bundle for Genesis 9 long before the new bundles were up and I already own everything in the Summer Sale Bundle 2. So, there is no viable option for me to get the new 'Bundles for a Buck'. sad

I bought the bundles for a buck when I bought the other stuff, but I also bought the other bundles, because I rarely buy daz+ items since I know that they get some insane pricing deals sometimes.  Because of that the bundles have all had like 8 to 12 items in them that I did not already had, and they were further discounted based on how many of the items you already owned.  So yesterday, I bought the one bundle for $9.99, the $1 bundle for 52 cents, the 3rd bundle for $2.39, and the fourth bundle for $2.09.  All together I ended up with 4 Daz+ bundles for $14.99 total giving me 41 items.  I was pretty happy with that price. 

oddbob said:

doubledeviant said:

You can do it more than once, as long as you buy something new each time. I did mostly sci-fi and used a few tokens. Also picked up the V8 pro bundle and a couple of things off the other catagories. Then I used those tokens and the cheapest qualifying thing to get ten mostly historical items. I also waited until the lightning deal thing flipped over to see if there was anything there worth having.

Thanks for mentioning you can do the G8 goodie bag multiple times.  I had missed that.  I don't know if I will, but I like to know this stuff so I can try to better figure out what I want.  I have 16 tokens that start expiring the end of today. I thought about getting the V8 pro bundle, but I already have V8 and have the 2 outfits I like from the bundle the best.  That leaves 2 ok hair, 2 ok clothing, and 1 I like clothing.

oddbob said:

doubledeviant said:

I know, but Daz has been quite successful in opening my wallet recently, making it easier to resist the temptation of another ten (or fifty) items. ;) Also I'm down to my last eight tokens and thinking I'll save them for the double-token days or new releases this week.

But thanks for mentioning it - Daz sales are so convoluted that I do still miss things from a time to time, despite being well accustomed to them by now.
  • Grandpa3DGrandpa3D Posts: 12

Does anyone know what items todays SAVE-XTRA coupon works with. None of the items in my cart are daz+ or fast grab but I can't get the coupon to apply. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,911

The code worked for me, it stacked with DAZ+ for a day items.

• Grandpa3D said:

Does anyone know what items todays SAVE-XTRA coupon works with. None of the items in my cart are daz+ or fast grab but I can't get the coupon to apply. 

What do you have in the cart?

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

Richard Haseltine said:

Grandpa3D said:

What do you have in the cart?

I'm pretty sure it works with anything. Maybe not Fastgrab.

This discussion has been closed.