There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

What is the best price for the Street Punk Bundle for Genesis 9 today? It looks like its basically $30 compared to $20 yesterday. This is without using tokens .. or DAZ_ coupons. Are there any other coupons that will bring that price down?
    Street Punk Bundle for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D

If I remove the tokens and add the Street Punk Bundle, the price is $23.95.

I'm a Daz+ member and have 2 Debut New and the Spotlight Release in the cart (bought the Cyberpunk Launderette also yesterday)

rhanks..yes, thats what i get by putting tons of stuff in the cart. Too bad. I like the bundle overall other than it is for G9, which I've been avoiding.  Also too bad the discounting falls off so fast. Maybe tomorrow when the new coupons come out, but by then it will probably be $40 and out of the still new release pile.  

If you have the new orange banners, the one that works at the moment, works also with the Street Punk Bundle 

• barbult said:

PerttiA said:

joanna said:

PerttiA said:

joanna said:

PerttiA said:

Do not miss the real orange banners, two for $5 off DO items (not Daz+) and one for $7 off DO items (not Daz+) - Today only.

One is usable once, another usable twice ($7 off) and the third one usable three times = $34 for free.

Except that they don't seem to be working at the moment, so it looks like another glitch. 

I have another Coupon code in use at the moment... Will do some shuffling around to test... 

I tested (on the same item, over $8):

SEVEN-OFF didn't work (tried SEVENOFF just in case)

FIVE-OFF didn't work (tried FIVEOFF just in case as well)

BIG-DEALZ did work and took $5 off. 

Same. BIG-DEALZ works the other two are giving "Coupon code is not valid"

Surprisingly, it even takes the $5 off after token discounts

Wow, something at Daz is working! cheeky

End of month so can't afford to use it on a pricey item - like most of the non-Daz+ DOs on my wishlist right now. If something interesting pops up in Lightning, I will use the working one on that. If not, there is an old DO Stonemason treehouse that looks fun.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited May 2023

Call me cheap, but the SEVEN-OFF and BIG-DEALZ coupons are not working for me. The FIVE-OFF has been pulled from my mailbox so I guess that one was a mistake.

I've tried them both with eligible DAZ Originals:

B.E.T.T.Y. Venetian Masks | Daz 3D

B.E.T.T.Y. Horse Accessories | Daz 3D

Wedding Prop Set | Daz 3D

BW Cool Skateboards Set | Daz 3D

Why all the fake freebies? 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Hmm... The banner discounts have vanished from messages...

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

same here, seven-off not working, then all of the 3 new banners/msg disappeared. but the old msg from hours ago with freebies #1-4 that never worked for me anyways cuz non-member, those are still in my inbox. someone at daz definitely "had just one job"  angryno

i've spent i dunno how much time combing thru the shop for nothing. i should get paid for that.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 334

I never even saw those discounts. Only one I have is Stonemasons 10% off and those Freebie troll messages.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,911

BIG-DEALZ would have worked for the short time it was on, but it looks like the offer has been pulled now. I guess I was really lucky to have caught it in time.

Not cool, DAZ. Not cool at all.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,708

BIG-DEALZ was still working like a mere minute ago. Go ahead real quick and just try whether it's still functional.

At least the BIG-DEALZ code was still working when I hurried to pull the trigger...

Not a bad cart for $1.86 and 5 tokens wink

FH Company Hallway - $16.99 -> $0.00
    S3D Time to Rest Bed - $21.99 -> $5.32
    Nu-Chew Food Stand - $18.99 -> $4.60
    Cyberpunk 24hr Launderette - $18.99 -> $1.27
    Professional DSLR Camera - $12.95 -> $0.00
    Street Punk Bundle - $96.99 -> $9.37
    Victoria 9 HD - $59.99 -> $5.65
    Josie 9 - $59.99 -> $5.65
    DAZ 3D Gift Card - $150.00 -> $120.00

Total: $456.88 -> $151.86 (includes the $150 store credit I got)

BIG-DEALZ no longer working

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,307

Well, I managed to use my BIG-DEALZ code three times even after the message disappeared from the message inbox, and now... I got the email advertising the same coupon code. I wonder if the email was delayed or the orange banner weren't supposed to be there...

Either way, if someone didn't get to use them yet, check your email. Maybe it'll work this way?

It's bad timing if they are sending emails at this time for coupons that are supposed to work that day only... It's midnight here and in six hours I get up and go to work. After the morning routines, I would have maybe an hour to find something before the Daz midnight.
    The ones an hour or two behind me would have no time in the morning.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,911
    edited May 2023

Got the email. BIG-DEALZ worked 3 times for me, even after the banner disappeared.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • cjfeacjfea Posts: 226
    edited May 2023

Saw the banner this morning.  Tried the BIG-DEALZ coupon.  Coupon did not work.  Never received an email.

Post edited by cjfea on
  • Hylas said:

Got the email. BIG-DEALZ worked 3 times for me, even after the banner disappeared.

Yep, used it three times, no banner, no problem. Be mindful of the Daz+ exclusion, which I almost overlooked on the third item and wondered if I'd lost one of the three usages. 

• Are the Daz+ coupons for May no longer available for use?  If they are, maybe I input them incorrectly....what were they?  Thanks

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,809

AZDigitalArtist said:

Are the Daz+ coupons for May no longer available for use?  If they are, maybe I input them incorrectly....what were they?  Thanks

They put the new ones up at midnight UCT, I believe.  The old ones should work until DAZ midnite; just substitute a '05' for the '06' in the ones in your account, viz; 05_23DAZPLUS and 05_23Save6

• AZDigitalArtistAZDigitalArtist Posts: 784
    edited June 2023

WandW said:

AZDigitalArtist said:

Are the Daz+ coupons for May no longer available for use?  If they are, maybe I input them incorrectly....what were they?  Thanks

They put the new ones up at midnight UCT, I believe.  The old ones should work until DAZ midnite; just substitute a '05' for the '06' in the ones in your account, viz; 05_23DAZPLUS and 05_23Save6

thank you, but they still aren't working for me, and I didn't use either of them this month.  Neither has Big-dealz. Oh well.

Post edited by AZDigitalArtist on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,809

AZDigitalArtist said:

WandW said:

AZDigitalArtist said:

thank you, but they still aren't working for me, and I didn't use either of them this month.  Oh well.

I'd file a support ticket.

Good Luck!

BIG-DEALZ is working, used it twice (once already 7+ hours ago)

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,118
    No banner for it, but got the BIG-DEALZ email and luckily happened to notice it before turnover. Be a lot nicer if that type of thing were sent out at the start of the day.
  • gwp15gwp15 Posts: 55

I would like to know who gets these offers. I have received none of these coupon messages or orange banners (SEVEN-OFF, BIG-DEALZ, etc.), despite spending a lot at Daz the last few weeks and being a Daz+/PlatinumClub member since 2002.  The final insult came when I saw Masami for G8F offered as a Ligtning Deal for $2.13, but when I put her in my cart the price was $2.66. I then said, "screw it" and deleted her from my cart, not wanting the hassle of making screen shots to prove the wrong price and starting a ticket.  Shopping at Daz can be very frustrating at times.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954

Blando Calrissian said:

ramasters said:

It's shocking to me that the BYOB stuff has been the same stuff for so many years, now at a premium price. The newest item is from 5 years ago. The BYOB used to be an impulse buy to grab a few old things for a low price, but now it's too expensive to be an impulse, but it doesn't have anything new enough to make me push it. The Daz+ for a day has better offerings, but $6 doesn't feel like much of a deal unless it's something I was already waiting to buy, especially since some of the offerings had a bigger discount recently.

I don't expect anything to change, of course, but I just want to say that as someone who impulse bought a lot on these past sales, the new price point is definitely impacting my spending habits and not in a way that is profitable for Daz.

I suppose that prices inevitably go up- but if that's the case, then maybe it's time that the $6 coupons went up a few dollars as well.

...yes 

• SempieSempie Posts: 658
    edited June 2023

kyoto kid said:

Blando Calrissian said:

ramasters said:

It's shocking to me that the BYOB stuff has been the same stuff for so many years, now at a premium price. The newest item is from 5 years ago. The BYOB used to be an impulse buy to grab a few old things for a low price, but now it's too expensive to be an impulse, but it doesn't have anything new enough to make me push it. The Daz+ for a day has better offerings, but $6 doesn't feel like much of a deal unless it's something I was already waiting to buy, especially since some of the offerings had a bigger discount recently.

I don't expect anything to change, of course, but I just want to say that as someone who impulse bought a lot on these past sales, the new price point is definitely impacting my spending habits and not in a way that is profitable for Daz.

I suppose that prices inevitably go up- but if that's the case, then maybe it's time that the $6 coupons went up a few dollars as well.

...yes 

I'll let this sale pass completely. And if this is going to be the new trend to continue in October, I will sersiously reconsider my DAZ+ membership. With the curent inflation going on, I have LESS money for my hobbies. NOT more.

Post edited by Sempie on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954

....zoiks, just about every sale promotion except the BYOB and Daily Specials (the latter only because Daz+ members get a better deal without the buy in) requires 2 release "buy ins" to get the best discount. 

[sigh] Guess that means more funds for the system upgrade.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 139

It's always kinda of overwhelming when you open the sales today page, 

Anyway, pretty underwhelming selection today, got a bunch of tokens expiring tonight and might just let them go off into the night.

Agree with what was said about the "Build Your Own Bundle" stuff, I picked up anything I wanted from the category ages ago, at a better offer

Nothing remotely new(ish) in the category, is a bit meh

I'd be tempted with the cars category, but it requires a buy in of todays debut, which is pretty much all fantasy/super hero stuff which seems a bizarre link, and not something i render with

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,118
    The first week of the sale has actually aligned well with my interests, and I've made three purchases, BUT I doubt I'd have pulled the trigger on any of them without the pile of tokens that I had after the Memorial Day sale. I get the sense that unless the sale significantly improves, I won't be carting much in the following weeks (which is fine by me). But to be fair, I recall past Daz+ sales starting out a bit lackluster and getting better as the month progresses.

I was surprised that we didn't see a new core G9 character Thursday - IIRC the "new character each week" banner was still up during the first days of the sale. Could've been a mistake or cache issue, I suppose (or I could be misremembering).
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,649

doubledeviant said:
    I was surprised that we didn't see a new core G9 character Thursday - IIRC the "new character each week" banner was still up during the first days of the sale. Could've been a mistake or cache issue, I suppose (or I could be misremembering).

You remember correctly. And I saved up a bunch of tokens for it. Now I may lose them.

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 347
    edited June 2023

I stocked up with a nice gift card to myself and grabbed most of the releases on day 1 because I happened to be looking for clothing just like that new stuff. Over the past three days, the new releases just weren't of interest to me, and the rest of the sale hasn't felt anywhere near good enough to make me buy in on the new stuff. The non-buy-in stuff feels underwhelming too.

I'll probably let my tokens lapse as current sales price + 8 tokens = a lot more expensive than things have been relatively recently without the tokens. Plus I'm not going to buy stuff I'm not interested in no matter the price.

Post edited by ainm.sloinneadh on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

AZDigitalArtist said:

WandW said:

AZDigitalArtist said:

thank you, but they still aren't working for me, and I didn't use either of them this month.  Neither has Big-dealz. Oh well.

When using the DAZ+ coupons make sure there is no space at the end. If you copy-paste it usually has a space and the coupon doesn't work with it.

This discussion has been closed.