There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 882

Hylas said:

SapphireBlue said:

All you someone's with mightily loaded carts, IF you feel like sharing your carts, please do. I'm curious as to what everyone is getting

Way late to the party...

I generally don't stress about the DAZ+ PA coupon and I'm willing to let it expire if there's no good deal all month. Yesterday that paid off for me as I could apply the coupon to the legacy selection. For $22.86 I got

https://www.daz3d.com/contemporary-living
    https://www.daz3d.com/castle-ruins
    https://www.daz3d.com/boxing-gym
    https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-military-dormitory
    https://www.daz3d.com/da-palm-island
    https://www.daz3d.com/instances-to-objects
    https://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro-scene-converter

... plus I kicked off some items off my wishlist. The logic being, if I'm not getting them at this price, I'm clearly never getting them. smiley

Thanks @Hylas for sharing! smiley Nice purchases and good use of the coupon! I also got the boxing gym and instances-to-objects. Both had been on my wishlist for a while! smiley

• ramastersramasters Posts: 91

It's shocking to me that the BYOB stuff has been the same stuff for so many years, now at a premium price. The newest item is from 5 years ago. The BYOB used to be an impulse buy to grab a few old things for a low price, but now it's too expensive to be an impulse, but it doesn't have anything new enough to make me push it. The Daz+ for a day has better offerings, but $6 doesn't feel like much of a deal unless it's something I was already waiting to buy, especially since some of the offerings had a bigger discount recently.

I don't expect anything to change, of course, but I just want to say that as someone who impulse bought a lot on these past sales, the new price point is definitely impacting my spending habits and not in a way that is profitable for Daz.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,069
    edited May 2023

I just lost the 6 tokens I got today joining DAZ+ angry

they didn't change the price applied to Dragonhide so I clicked the minus to bring tokens applied to zero and now they are gone crying

had 4 days to use them

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,009

WendyLuvsCatz said:

they dididn't change the price applied to Dragonhide so I clicked the minus to bring tokens applied to zero and now they are gone crying

After you click - to get to zero, you have to apply 0 to the cart. Submit a ticket.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,182

What is this about Toon Dwayne 8?  It doesn't look free to me!  Am I missing something?  Or is it one of those buy-in deals?

Dana

edited May 2023

barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

they dididn't change the price applied to Dragonhide so I clicked the minus to bring tokens applied to zero and now they are gone crying

After you click - to get to zero, you have to apply 0 to the cart. Submit a ticket.

they make it complicated (thought I did apply it)

thanks but honestly cannot afford much anyway so would only save cents

the DAZ+ is mostly for the coupons and freebies, already used DO one on another cart will need to use general not a new one tomorrow  

would have saved 30% off $9 so yeah less than $3 at most

I don't understand that orange banner.  It says Milarose for Genesis 8 Female is my next freebie.  How?  I put it in the cart, and it is not free at all!  It is not already in my Product Library (sometimes they add things in there manually).  What's the story?  Very confusing!

Dana

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,494

PerttiA said:

What do they mean with the "Double Discount Daz Originals"?

If the Extra 30% off refers to DAZ-SUMMER-SALE coupon, why don't they say that and why is that information and the items in two places if that's the case...

When you (assuming you're a Daz+ member) put those items in your cart, the price will be 30% lower than the one on the store page. If you use the coupon, it takes an additional 30% off of that. And if you get 2 or more of the new items, that's an additional 10% discount. With the two tokens I had, I got the bundle for a final price of $18.86, and the texture add-ons for $3.30 each. Without tokens, it would be $20.96 and $3.67; with 8 tokens, $12.58 and $2.20.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551

DanaTA said:

I don't understand that orange banner.  It says Milarose for Genesis 8 Female is my next freebie.  How?  I put it in the cart, and it is not free at all!  It is not already in my Product Library (sometimes they add things in there manually).  What's the story?  Very confusing!

Dana

The orange banners are the welcome gifts for new members, they were sent out in general in error while Daz was doing soem work. They are not real offers, sorry.

Richard Haseltine said:

DanaTA said:

Dana

The orange banners are the welcome gifts for new members, they were sent out in general in error while Daz was doing soem work. They are not real offers, sorry.

Maybe they should slow down a bit...there have been a whole lot of errors on the site in the past few weeks!

Dana 

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

PerttiA said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

tsroemi said:

SapphireBlue said:

@tsroemi Ooh 4 carts! But fun to do a big purchase of all the things we've been wanting for a while when there's a sale! laugh

Thanks @paulawp (marahzen)  @PerttiA and @joanna for sharing what you three are getting!! heartsmiley
    I'm also interested in transportation, sets and environments and other items for storytelling. Those are always useful! yes

Yes, I know, I shouldn't have gone overboard like this, but it's the last two months of my full-time job right now, which has been really annoying right from the start, and I felt like I wanted to get something nice out of it today blush. Just did a last cart to spend some tokens already, and I can share pics of that at least. Ooooh, what a ride it was ...!

Edit: No, sorry, uploading doesn't work for me right now crying.

Final tally for me: 169 items, at about 90% off for the cart. In terms of numbers, the majority of them were poses. After that, it would be the transportation items: some boats by PW and Faveral, and pretty much every pre-1950 plane that I didn't have. (The Faveral boats vastly pre-date my story - I mainly got them because I think they're cool and with this sale they were sooooo cheap I couldn't say no anymore. My official stated plan for them is to create wall art for rooms, so I don't even need to worry about retexturing them for that purpose.) I pretty much completed my era-appropriate DarkEdgeDesign collection. I ran across some older items by Sugatak that in whole or part look useful so I got several of those. Then there was an assortment of other environments, buildings and rooms by numerous PAs. (I would've gotten more Stonemason stuff, but as luck has it, I had just bought the last of the Stonemason stuff that fits my story and settings in a recent sale.) I usually use sun-sky, but for the price, I bought several Orestes HDRIs for night, sunset and dawn settings - not sun-sky's strength. It was a good time to fill out my collection of birds and animals. Then there were a variety of clothes and hair items, also from several different PAs. I usually use shaders, but at .36 each, I even bought a few textures that I particularly liked for things I have.

And there it is in a nutshell - my day of spending way too much on this sale. laugh Hope everyone else had as much fun as I did, and happy creating!  

Yeah... Now I need to figure out, what to do with 42 tokens... cheeky

Final tally was 131 items for $160 (MSRP $3210) for my second cart, the first one was just 11 items for $20.67 plus a $165 gift card for $132.
    My product library here at the site got almost 5 pages bigger yesterday.

I used my 50% extra off coupon to get the new dwarf 9 mega bundle for 79% off and just over $41 for 8 daz tokens.  I then used those tokens to fill a new cart with 5 old items from the page and the 3 cheapest new release items for about $40 to trigger another 8 tokens and the 20% discount for a $200 gift card at 160.  I then use the $150 of the gift card (I ran out of time picking stuff) to get a bunhc of items between 88-95% off.  Happy to pick up the crow mega bundle, assasin bundle, elf mega bundle, and torian bundle for 95% off!  I wish I had figured out the process sooner so I would have had time to put more stuff in my cart.  I had literal seconds left when I clicked to complete my purchase.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957

Richard Haseltine said:

Well, that sucks, no matter all's not lost, I wishlisted her and will snag her the next time it's on sale as I mostly buy Mousso's characters anyway!! 

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 882
    edited May 2023

XiousDs said:

I used my 50% extra off coupon to get the new dwarf 9 mega bundle for 79% off and just over $41 for 8 daz tokens.  I then used those tokens to fill a new cart with 5 old items from the page and the 3 cheapest new release items for about $40 to trigger another 8 tokens and the 20% discount for a $200 gift card at 160.  I then use the $150 of the gift card (I ran out of time picking stuff) to get a bunhc of items between 88-95% off.  Happy to pick up the crow mega bundle, assasin bundle, elf mega bundle, and torian bundle for 95% off!  I wish I had figured out the process sooner so I would have had time to put more stuff in my cart.  I had literal seconds left when I clicked to complete my purchase.

Ooh, I'd have loved some of those bundles at 95% off, but I didn't get anywhere near that for them in the cart. I think there were a few things I was obviously not doing right. Sigh. Haha. Good that you got those! Have fun with them! smiley

And yes, I too had to cut short my shopping with 2 minutes left when I completed my buy... Seconds is way too close! surprise

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,955
    edited May 2023

...bugger, an actual "freebee" and it's a false alarm. All 4 of them are.

Freebees are not "freebies" if you have to buy something else to get them.

Oh and 12.24$ for a Daz+ item (GN Lora Hair for Genesis 9)?  Are the pricing category notations wrong too?   These prices are outrageous for Daz+ items (which are usually 3.99$ - 5.99$)  If this is where the "club" is headed I'll just let my membership lapse when it expires as with these prices it's no longer worth it.

Hoping for something better in about 28 minutes.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited May 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

they make it complicated (thought I did apply it)

thanks but honestly cannot afford much anyway so would only save cents

the DAZ+ is mostly for the coupons and freebies, already used DO one on another cart will need to use general not a new one tomorrow  

would have saved 30% off $9 so yeah less than $3 at most

I realized it was actually $4 off12

a ticket futile as they would expire in 3 days anyway and I have 3 big bills due more than my pay

I don't like these tokens, lost one before too and I don't get many in the first place as don't spend much

buying DAZ+ for $31 that got me the 6 double haul I lost was my biggest spend in ages

cannot even afford DAZ+ for the day or my PA 05_23Save6 coupon on anything (the extra 30% in tokens lost lost may have gone with that)

my brain hurts TBH

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,809

Regarding "Gift Just for You" in today's sale page; From the Oxford Dictionary:

gift
    noun

1. a thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present.
    "a Christmas gift"

2. a natural ability or talent.
    "he has a gift for comedy"

Ergo, this is NOT a GIFT but a BONUS

• cassandracassandra Posts: 28

Richard Haseltine said:

DanaTA said:

Dana

Error or not; Daz posted it - and should just cough up the Freebie they waved in front of us.  

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551

kyoto kid said:

...bugger, an actual "freebee" and it's a false alarm. All 4 of them are.

Freebees are not "freebies" if you have to buy something else to get them.

Oh and 12.24$ for a Daz+ item (GN Lora Hair for Genesis 9)?  Are the pricing category notations wrong too?   These prices are outrageous for Daz+ items (which are usually 3.99$ - 5.99$)  If this is where the "club" is headed I'll just let my membership lapse when it expires as with these prices it's no longer worth it.

Hoping for something better in about 28 minutes.

That was one of the Easter Egg items, it has now been rleased as a Daz+ Exclusive - not a regular Daz+ item, at soemthing.99, but a main store item that is available only to Daz+ members. These are not the first items like this.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

SapphireBlue said:

XiousDs said:

Ooh, I'd have loved some of those bundles at 95% off, but I didn't get anywhere near that for them in the cart. I think there were a few things I was obviously not doing right. Sigh. Haha. Good that you got those! Have fun with them! smiley

And yes, I too had to cut short my shopping with 2 minutes left when I completed my buy... Seconds is way too close! surprise

Ya, sometimes it is VERY hard to figure out how to trigger all of Daz stacking discounts.  I kept trying to test it with the wrong items at first, and then with items that would cause the discount to apply, drop their prices too low, then they would stop applying the other discounts because they were less than $1 at that point.  Finally I figured out which items and quantities I needed from which groups to get the best deals.  But it took me 3 times more time to figure out how to achieve the best deals then I then I was left with to actualy shop! ROFL 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

What is the best price for the Street Punk Bundle for Genesis 9 today? It looks like its basically $30 compared to $20 yesterday. This is without using tokens .. or DAZ_ coupons. Are there any other coupons that will bring that price down?
    Street Punk Bundle for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D

the free DAZ+ item today is free

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

daveso said:

What is the best price for the Street Punk Bundle for Genesis 9 today? It looks like its basically $30 compared to $20 yesterday. This is without using tokens .. or DAZ_ coupons. Are there any other coupons that will bring that price down?

If I remove the tokens and add the Street Punk Bundle, the price is $23.95.

I'm a Daz+ member and have 2 Debut New and the Spotlight Release in the cart (bought the Cyberpunk Launderette also yesterday)

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

If I remove the tokens and add the Street Punk Bundle, the price is $23.95.

I'm a Daz+ member and have 2 Debut New and the Spotlight Release in the cart (bought the Cyberpunk Launderette also yesterday)

rhanks..yes, thats what i get by putting tons of stuff in the cart. Too bad. I like the bundle overall other than it is for G9, which I've been avoiding.  Also too bad the discounting falls off so fast. Maybe tomorrow when the new coupons come out, but by then it will probably be $40 and out of the still new release pile.  

• ramasters said:

It's shocking to me that the BYOB stuff has been the same stuff for so many years, now at a premium price. The newest item is from 5 years ago. The BYOB used to be an impulse buy to grab a few old things for a low price, but now it's too expensive to be an impulse, but it doesn't have anything new enough to make me push it. The Daz+ for a day has better offerings, but $6 doesn't feel like much of a deal unless it's something I was already waiting to buy, especially since some of the offerings had a bigger discount recently.

I don't expect anything to change, of course, but I just want to say that as someone who impulse bought a lot on these past sales, the new price point is definitely impacting my spending habits and not in a way that is profitable for Daz.

I suppose that prices inevitably go up- but if that's the case, then maybe it's time that the $6 coupons went up a few dollars as well.
    edited May 2023

Do not miss the real orange banners, two for $5 off DO items (not Daz+) and one for $7 off DO items (not Daz+) - Today only.

One is usable once, another usable twice ($7 off) and the third one usable three times = $34 for free.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,307

PerttiA said:

Do not miss the real orange banners, two for $5 off DO items (not Daz+) and one for $7 off DO items (not Daz+) - Today only.

One is usable once, another usable twice ($7 off) and the third one usable three times = $34 for free.

Except that they don't seem to be working at the moment, so it looks like another glitch. 

joanna said:

PerttiA said:

Except that they don't seem to be working at the moment, so it looks like another glitch. 

I have another Coupon code in use at the moment... Will do some shuffling around to test... 

$5 one worked 

SEVEN-OFF doesn't

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,307

PerttiA said:

joanna said:

PerttiA said:

I have another Coupon code in use at the moment... Will do some shuffling around to test... 

I tested (on the same item, over $8):

SEVEN-OFF didn't work (tried SEVENOFF just in case)

FIVE-OFF didn't work (tried FIVEOFF just in case as well)

BIG-DEALZ did work and took $5 off. 

joanna said:

PerttiA said:

joanna said:

PerttiA said:

Same. BIG-DEALZ works the other two are giving "Coupon code is not valid"

Surprisingly, it even takes the $5 off after token discounts

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,009

PerttiA said:

joanna said:

PerttiA said:

joanna said:

PerttiA said:

Same. BIG-DEALZ works the other two are giving "Coupon code is not valid"

Surprisingly, it even takes the $5 off after token discounts

Wow, something at Daz is working! cheeky

This discussion has been closed.