There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

daveso said:

it all loses its taste when you have to buy a new that day release to get the discount .. like ths
    18 Legacy Artist Items for $2.99 each*‡ when you buy any 2+ ‘Weekend’ New Releases   and note its 2.99 EACH, not 2.99 for 18

Who cares about $2.99 items... Currently down to 151 items at average $1.09 each and it's getting hard to find ones to throw out...
    The 3 buy-ins are total $9.78 out of current $164 that buys $3400 worth.
    Even without the tokens, it's one of the best (if not the best) sales this year

SapphireBlue said:

PerttiA said:

'Someone' has a personal problem...blush

After having gone through the "Dazzling Super Savings", the exceptionally bad discounts made 'someone' put 234 items in 'someones' cart for $250 and 'someone' can't decide what to throw out...

PerttiA, do you mean all the listings in the Legacy Items category with the "Dazzling Super Savings"? Anywho, Happy Shopping! laugh

I haven't got much in the way of store credit and just 1 token, otherwise I may have decided to splurge today. sad

The 65% off Classic Items with 85% off for 4+
    Had to buy a new prepaid credit card on my way home from work as I saw I was going to need it blush 

• Ok, so I made a purchase for 9.99, and for a brief time it showed I needed to purchase $.01 for my next token.  I did not make another purchase yet, but now it says $10 to my next token.  I don't show any earned.  How does one check this?

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 889
    edited May 2023

If you placed that order for 9.99, you lost that progress. You need a single cart over 10+ to get tokens, placing 2 orders worth 5$ each doesn't count.

Post edited by ioonrxoon on
  • ioonrxoon said:

If you placed that order for 9.99, you lost that progress. You need a single cart over 10+ to get tokens, placing 2 orders worth 5$ each doesn't count.

Ah, well that stinks, lol.  Thanks!

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,784

AZDigitalArtist said:

Ok, so I made a purchase for 9.99, and for a brief time it showed I needed to purchase $.01 for my next token.  I did not make another purchase yet, but now it says $10 to my next token.  I don't show any earned.  How does one check this?

Tokens are earned per cart. So your purchase of $9.99 was not enough to earn any tokens. This does not carry over to future purchases so your next cart needs to be $10 or more to earn a token.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,118
    PerttiA said:

After having gone through the "Dazzling Super Savings", the exceptionally bad discounts made 'someone' put 234 items in 'someones' cart for $250 and 'someone' can't decide what to throw out...

I hear ya. Ended up with 98 items in cart, averaging 95% off, and hitting exactly $160.00 - which I took as a great sign to call it and check out. ;)

Cleared a ton of G2 and G3 items from my wishlist, including many bundles. The addition of the older items to the sale today made the buy-in worth it for me.
  • oddboboddbob Posts: 370

doubledeviant said:

PerttiA said:

I hear ya. Ended up with 98 items in cart, averaging 95% off, and hitting exactly $160.00 - which I took as a great sign to call it and check out. ;)

Cleared a ton of G2 and G3 items from my wishlist, including many bundles. The addition of the older items to the sale today made the buy-in worth it for me.

Was a good sale, dumped the contents of the wishlist into the cart and anything that made it to high 80% off or better with the stacking discounts got to stay. The cart system is very robust but my 1gb daz stuff ssd is starting to creak. On the upside I can now render aliens in space stations, the werewolf looked a bit silly.

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 882

SofaCitizen said:

SapphireBlue said:

PerttiA said:

PerttiA, do you mean all the listings in the Legacy Items category with the "Dazzling Super Savings"? Anywho, Happy Shopping! laugh

I haven't got much in the way of store credit and just 1 token, otherwise I may have decided to splurge today. sad

Not that I'd want to necessarily encourage you to spend that credit or go too wild in the store but it is also a double token day so you can build those up with 1 purchase and then use the tokens from that to get a discount off a second purchase.

You're right! I shockingly came to the same conclusion...  I guess I may well be spending some time shopping tonight...  surprise

All you someone's with mightily loaded carts, IF you feel like sharing your carts, please do. I'm curious as to what everyone is getting and what I should maybe add to my cart too... blushlaugh

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,708

Ooooh this is doomsday for my wallet ... Can't share my carts unfortunately (4 today so far I think) cause the screenshots are waaaay too long ...blush

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,955

joanna said:

SofaCitizen said:

Robert Freise said:

Correct and with that license it should be in a sepearte shop catagory with a big red flag warning on it 

You can do that yourself if you are so motivated. Not so much move it to a separate category or change how it looks in the listing pages but you can certainly add the big red warning to the product page.

The simplest and quickest way to do something would be just requiring that every editorial license product's name starts with [EDITORIAL]. It might not be perfect, but it doesn't require coding, almost 0 extra work, so no excuses. Bonus credits would be for adding "editorial" sticker on the first promo (the one that goes into the thumbnail as well). If "staff picks" is possible, then why not "editorial"?

I get it that separate categories, extra formatting, and so on might require additional work that DAZ employees have no time for. But those two suggestions above require minimum additional work of adding the word "editorial" to the name of every new product and designing a sticker for the promo shots. The thing is, though, that the longer nothing is done about it, the more work (updating the old listings) will require.

But I doubt DAZ will do anything. According to some discussions in DAZ+ forum, the editorial notice is "clearly visible" and so on. Apparently everyone isn't complaining loud enough. wink

...it would be nice if Ati could put in a filter into his Daz Deals extension to block all Editorial Licence products  

• SapphireBlue said:

SofaCitizen said:

SapphireBlue said:

PerttiA said:

Not that I'd want to necessarily encourage you to spend that credit or go too wild in the store but it is also a double token day so you can build those up with 1 purchase and then use the tokens from that to get a discount off a second purchase.

You're right! I shockingly came to the same conclusion...  I guess I may well be spending some time shopping tonight...  surprise

All you someone's with mightily loaded carts, IF you feel like sharing your carts, please do. I'm curious as to what everyone is getting and what I should maybe add to my cart too... blushlaugh

Just under 200 items in my cart and still in the early pruning stages. I am working on a story that has settings which combine elements of the late 1800s and first few decades of the 1900s, so I am grabbing many decent and reasonably era-appropriate items that I've had an eye on for a while: boat, train and early plane items; places and props; hair, clothing and shaders; and of course, poses, poses, and more poses. Poses are so easy to convert that I don't care what generation they're for as long as it's M4/V4 onward, but the clothes and hair are almost all G8. 

SapphireBlue said:

Mostly architecture and environments with Iray materials, but there's some G3 hairs as they are practically G8 (just the scene identification away) and a few G3 clothing items.

Took a while to move 135 items out of the cart to another browser session to take advantage of the 20% off on a gift card. Lost 4 tokens on a cart with $20 items and a $165 gift card (for $132), but getting 30 tokens from this one, so no worries wink

Only, I need to wait until my morning (in 8 hours) before pulling the trigger, as that pushes the expiry date for the tokens one day further.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Just under 200 items in my cart and still in the early pruning stages. I am working on a story that has settings which combine elements of the late 1800s and first few decades of the 1900s, so I am grabbing many decent and reasonably era-appropriate items that I've had an eye on for a while: boat, train and early plane items; places and props; hair, clothing and shaders; and of course, poses, poses, and more poses. Poses are so easy to convert that I don't care what generation they're for as long as it's M4/V4 onward, but the clothes and hair are almost all G8. 

I found out that it's a lot faster to trim down the cart in a pop-up window, just put something in the cart, remove it and keep removing the ones you are reluctantly letting go. 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,307

Today was indeed a good day. Since the new releases didn't entice me enough (though the 50% off on today's ones is nice), I went for get +4 classic items to get 85% off all of them. With that, even without the new release discounts and tokens, $9 for Stonemanson's Urban Sprawl is a amazingly good deal. I also got plenty of shaders, because I have soft spot for them (Uber+ Iray armor and antique metals 1 & 2 and the easy liquid ones), some orestes HDRI (they always feel too expensive otherwise), and some of deviney's brushes, because I love them in post work. And LineRender9000 which I'm hoping is still working in the current DS version (and I'll be able to learn how to use it). Modest 12 items for just over $40, so it's going to be 8 tokens, and since I'm too lazy to split carts and do the math, I'm hoping there will be something I can spend them on in the upcoming days. (Daz+ sale could start tomorrow, lol)

Of course, I'm still browsing...

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 993

kyoto kid said:

...waiting for the Summer Daz+ sale,

Shouldn't be long now.

Hopefully it will commence tomorrow or at 12 am tonight :)

@tsroemi Ooh 4 carts! But fun to do a big purchase of all the things we've been wanting for a while when there's a sale! laugh

Thanks @paulawp (marahzen)  @PerttiA and @joanna for sharing what you three are getting!! heartsmiley
    I'm also interested in transportation, sets and environments and other items for storytelling. Those are always useful! yes

SapphireBlue said:

SofaCitizen said:

Well, obviously everyone has different needs and wants but I was mainly focussing on the "60% OFF Legacy Items" section as quite a few of my wishlist items turned up there and so ordering atleast 4 from there to get 75% off prior to other discounts was a good start. Got mainly environments and billboards but some other stuff too. Then, added a few of the new items to knock and extra 20% off brought the total down overall and then tokens could be added.

I tend to focus more on G8 with some additions from G3 and G9 so didn't dig too much into the older stuff but you can probably get even more bargains there.

Just seen on the page that Scene Optimiser is available in the "65% OFF Classic Items" so you can get that down to 85% if you pair it with three friends from that section, which should be easy as there are several other nice looking things in there just from a quick look. I use that a lot so would recommend it if you don't have it and plan to do some heavy scenes.

kyoto kid said:

...it would be nice if Ati could put in a filter into his Daz Deals extension to block all Editorial Licence products  

Wouldn't want to speak for them but I have had a quick look at the HTML and there didn't appear to be anything on the category page listings which indicated the licence. It only is set on the full product pages. Therefore, they would probably have to do it as a manually curated list of product IDs that is synced to everyone's browser via the extension. Not an ideal situation and would be the sort of thing that if it went wrong or failed for some reason would make people pretty angry if they accidentally bought them because they thought they were safe.

Of course they may know plenty of tricks or secrets that I haven't found that would make it easier.

SofaCitizen said:

SapphireBlue said:

SofaCitizen said:

Well, obviously everyone has different needs and wants but I was mainly focussing on the "60% OFF Legacy Items" section as quite a few of my wishlist items turned up there and so ordering atleast 4 from there to get 75% off prior to other discounts was a good start. Got mainly environments and billboards but some other stuff too. Then, added a few of the new items to knock and extra 20% off brought the total down overall and then tokens could be added.

I tend to focus more on G8 with some additions from G3 and G9 so didn't dig too much into the older stuff but you can probably get even more bargains there.

Just seen on the page that Scene Optimiser is available in the "65% OFF Classic Items" so you can get that down to 85% if you pair it with three friends from that section, which should be easy as there are several other nice looking things in there just from a quick look. I use that a lot so would recommend it if you don't have it and plan to do some heavy scenes.

Thanks for sharing! smiley Yes, I'm also looking at things from both the Legacy and Classic Items selections. Thanks for reminding me about Scene Optimizer - I bought it before I got my Nvidia card and forgot about using it. But now that my scenes are getting a little bigger, it's a good time to try it out! yes I didn't have the Decimator, but might get that and try that out for some scene objects as well. Oof, this shopping's going to take some time... surprise

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,708
    edited May 2023

SapphireBlue said:

@tsroemi Ooh 4 carts! But fun to do a big purchase of all the things we've been wanting for a while when there's a sale! laugh

Thanks @paulawp (marahzen)  @PerttiA and @joanna for sharing what you three are getting!! heartsmiley
    I'm also interested in transportation, sets and environments and other items for storytelling. Those are always useful! yes

Yes, I know, I shouldn't have gone overboard like this, but it's the last two months of my full-time job right now, which has been really annoying right from the start, and I felt like I wanted to get something nice out of it today blush. Just did a last cart to spend some tokens already, and I can share pics of that at least. Ooooh, what a ride it was ...!

Edit: No, sorry, uploading doesn't work for me right now crying.

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • RiverMissyRiverMissy Posts: 297

Badly in need of a Gift Card Sale. I know I can't be the only one.

For me, mostly older items at steep discounts, and I'd guess not that interesting of a list to others, but: the Minotaur 6, Reptilian 6, and Keiko 6 bundles, every G3 Pro bundle that I didn't already have in my library, a bunch of environments (Dogz, Faveral, Polish), PA bundles (Rune outfits, Astrid, Patty, others), a couple dozen $0.49 texture packs, and some assorted shaders, hair, outfits, characters, etc that had been waiting for the right sale. Could've gone for more, but I didn't want to spend the whole day shopping, and at least a tiny bit of restraint is probably for the best, anyway. ;)
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,349

RiverMissy said:

Badly in need of a Gift Card Sale. I know I can't be the only one.

There sort of is at the moment, since adding 3 Weekend new releases will give you 20 percent off a gift card.

• Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 508
    edited June 2023

Finally got around to picking up Albert Mansion for a song (a spooky one, presumably).

For fun, I dropped it into Blender this morning to see how much rehab work I could undertake. Knocking broken glass out of a window pane is more fun in real life than in Blender! But it felt good to get that urn back onto the front steps, and to get the balustrades repaired.

Edit: It cleans up nicely! Just need some goats to get this lawn tamed.

Not too bad at all. Still a few things to tweak here and there, but it only took about 10-15 hours of fiddling around to get things where they needed to be. Window replacements, glass repair, chain repair, trim repair, not much more, really. Just needs a nice landscape to really complete the scene.

Alberto.PNG
    1980 x 1170 - 4M
    Alberto2.PNG
    1588 x 1089 - 4M
    Alberto3.PNG
    2050 x 1227 - 7M
    Post edited by Blando Calrissian on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,809
    edited May 2023

hmmm.. i surely dont see anything for average $1.09 ... I had 5 items and it was $55. cart cleared. Maybe I'ms shopping at a different DAZ store or something?

Post edited by daveso on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,330
    edited May 2023

tsroemi said:

SapphireBlue said:

Yes, I know, I shouldn't have gone overboard like this, but it's the last two months of my full-time job right now, which has been really annoying right from the start, and I felt like I wanted to get something nice out of it today blush. Just did a last cart to spend some tokens already, and I can share pics of that at least. Ooooh, what a ride it was ...!

Edit: No, sorry, uploading doesn't work for me right now crying.

Final tally for me: 169 items, at about 90% off for the cart. In terms of numbers, the majority of them were poses. After that, it would be the transportation items: some boats by PW and Faveral, and pretty much every pre-1950 plane that I didn't have. (The Faveral boats vastly pre-date my story - I mainly got them because I think they're cool and with this sale they were sooooo cheap I couldn't say no anymore. My official stated plan for them is to create wall art for rooms, so I don't even need to worry about retexturing them for that purpose.) I pretty much completed my era-appropriate DarkEdgeDesign collection. I ran across some older items by Sugatak that in whole or part look useful so I got several of those. Then there was an assortment of other environments, buildings and rooms by numerous PAs. (I would've gotten more Stonemason stuff, but as luck has it, I had just bought the last of the Stonemason stuff that fits my story and settings in a recent sale.) I usually use sun-sky, but for the price, I bought several Orestes HDRIs for night, sunset and dawn settings - not sun-sky's strength. It was a good time to fill out my collection of birds and animals. Then there were a variety of clothes and hair items, also from several different PAs. I usually use shaders, but at .36 each, I even bought a few textures that I particularly liked for things I have.

And there it is in a nutshell - my day of spending way too much on this sale. laugh Hope everyone else had as much fun as I did, and happy creating!  

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
    edited May 2023
    daveso said:

hmmm.. i surely dont see anything for average $1.09 ... I had 5 items and it was $55. cart cleared. Maybe I'ms shopping at a different DAZ store or something?

It's one of those sales that's most worthwhile if you want to buy a large chunk of items - three new releases gets you 20% off your whole cart, stacking four or more releases in a given category gets you the maximum discount for that category, and stacking five or more releases from any category gets you an extra 20% off new releases. Then whatever tokens you apply. For older items, this can be about 96% off - G3 Pro bundles for $5.12 for example.

But not everyone wants or is able to make a large purchase to really take advantage of this kind of sale, obviously, so hopefully we do get some classic no-conditions clearance grab bags during the upcoming Daz+ sale. I found the sale underwhelming at first, too, before the older categories and greater discounts were added to it.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 993

Just as I suspected, the DAZ+ summer sale commences. The build your own bundle = choices and price (5.99) is a JOKE! No point in being a member at this time (or ever)!

• mdingmding Posts: 1,217

Payat Parin said:

Just as I suspected, the DAZ+ summer sale commences. The build your own bundle = choices and price (5.99) is a JOKE! No point in being a member at this time (or ever)!

To double the price after such a great sale yesterday is indeed an astonishing marketing decission. Still, i guess we are all still happy about our recent  purchases, lol.

This discussion has been closed.