There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,397

Correct and with that license it should be in a sepearte shop catagory with a big red flag warning on it 

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 882
    edited May 2023

PerttiA said:

BlueFingers said:

PerttiA said:

The 20% off the whole cart isn't bad (take note, nothing is excluded).

Just came back from my Saturday routines, but in a few minutes I collected 17 items in the cart for $43.64 at 85% off and I havent checked the older offers yet.

I'd rather have a good gift card sale with 20% off as there wil be no time limit how I will spend my "discount", while tokens expire after just a few days.

What did I write inside the parentheses... 

Comes across as bit condescending, there is no need for that.

Are you suggesting that Gift Cards are included in the discount you get with Tokens, because the Token info page says the opposite: "Earning Tokens and Token discount excludes Gift Card purchases."

Post edited by BlueFingers on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,955
    edited May 2023

Robert Freise said:

Notice  https://www.daz3d.com/cyberpunk-coupe-car is restricted  editorial license

...aww bugger, a car that looks so good than it has this rubbish.

Sad as it's much better looking than this.  

Interesting that we can get "look alike" versions of other vehicles such as an Aston Martin DB5, VW Beetle & Microbus,  Citroen panel truck & 2CV, or Land Rover & Land Cruiser without this restrictive licensing. 

Well, out of the cart it goes.  

PerttiA said:

Robert Freise said:

Notice  https://www.daz3d.com/cyberpunk-coupe-car is restricted  editorial license

It's a copy of Hyundai Concept car.
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8183221/#Comment_8183221

Robert Freise said:

Correct and with that license it should be in a sepearte shop catagory with a big red flag warning on it 

...agreed, and not pawned off on Daz+ members. This has occurred several times now where Daz+ items had editorial licences on them which reduces the value of a membership.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,708

Wait, can we get ANY 5 non-new items for the discount? 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,307
    edited May 2023

tsroemi said:

The sale text reads:

Buy any 5+ Non-New Items featured below that is over $1
    to get an EXTRA 20% OFF* ‘Weekend’ New Releases

I take it to mean: put anything that is not new from this sales page into your shopping cart to get 20% off the new releases listed on the same page. Then you can put 3 new releases to get extra 20% off your whole cart.

Post edited by joanna on

joanna said:

tsroemi said:

The sale text reads:

Buy any 5+ Non-New Items featured below that is over $1
    to get an EXTRA 20% OFF* ‘Weekend’ New Releases

I take it to mean: put anything that is not new from this sales page into your shopping cart to get 20% off the new releases listed on the same page. Then you can put 3 new releases to get extra 20% off your whole cart.

Ah, thank you, I think I get it now! 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

so how  much you gotta spend to get 20% off? does it result in 20% off what you want to buy or 50% more overall. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

BlueFingers said:

Are you suggesting that Gift Cards are included in the discount you get with Tokens, because the Token info page says the opposite: "Earning Tokens and Token discount excludes Gift Card purchases."

That was not my intention.

Gift cards are excluded from token discount, but "Buy any 3+ ‘Weekend’ New Releases to get an EXTRA 20% OFF your cart" doesn't exclude gift cards, so one can get a nice 20% off discount on gift cards when one has 3 ‘Weekend’ New Releases in the cart.

..can't wait until the Summer Daz+ sale, unless they scrrew that up.

PerttiA said:

BlueFingers said:

That was not my intention.

Gift cards are excluded from token discount, but "Buy any 3+ ‘Weekend’ New Releases to get an EXTRA 20% OFF your cart" doesn't exclude gift cards, so one can get a nice 20% off discount on gift cards when one has 3 ‘Weekend’ New Releases in the cart.

Ooooh, I hadn't thought of this at all, cool! Dumped my cart yesterday. But will play some more today, considering this ...yes 

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 750

Right now Nida is on sale for 905 off in the lightning deals so it says for 4.40 but throw her in the cart, and that deal drops to 89% off, so 5.04, not a big difference, but  I think the sale price should stay the same between the sale page and the cart within the same minute.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,217

Malandar said:

Right now Nida is on sale for 905 off in the lightning deals so it says for 4.40 but throw her in the cart, and that deal drops to 89% off, so 5.04, not a big difference, but  I think the sale price should stay the same between the sale page and the cart within the same minute.

For such technical issues you've got to  post here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/606351/new-genesis-new-sales-thread-report-issues-here-reporting-only#latest

as the mods focus on that one for such problems.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,186

From todays' salespage:

Buy any ‘Weekend’ New Release to get an EXTRA 5% OFF your cart
    Daz+ Members get up to 6 Extra Artist Items for $4.99 each*
    AND up to 6 Legacy Artist Items for $3.99 each*

Buy any 2 ‘Weekend’ New Releases to get an EXTRA 10% OFF your cart
    Daz+ Members get up to 18 Extra Artist Items for $3.99 each*
    AND up to 16 Legacy Artist Items for $2.99 each*

Note the use of the word "AND" and how this text suggests you qualify for both discounts with your Weekend New Release. Well, they're locked behind coupon-codes, meaning you'll be able to activate only ONE of those discounts with a purchase, and the word that should've been used is "OR".

Effectively:
    To benefit from both the Extra Artist Items at $4.99 AND the Legacy Artist Items at $3.99, you must purchase at least 2 'Weekend' New Releases, split into 2 seperate purchases of 1 'Weekend' New Release each.
    To benefit from both the Extra Artist Items at $3.99 AND the Legacy Artist Items at $2.99, you must purchase at least 4 'Weekend' New Releases, split into 2 seperate purchases of at least 2 'Weekend' New Releases each.

...waiting for the Summer Daz+ sale,

Shouldn't be long now.

kyoto kid said:

Shouldn't be long now.

Don't forget the Memorial Day extensions and the last surprise March Madness comeback that might come before it. ;) (Sorry, couldn't resist!) 

...wouldn't be surprised. if that lasted until the Indepndence Day Sale Extravaganza. 

• mdingmding Posts: 1,217

kyoto kid said:

Shouldn't be long now.

I bought so much, will have no money left until then, lol.  

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,118
    Now that the sale has expanded to include older items, it seems much better. Should've started out this way - giving us a full three days to peruse what's on offer. Don't see the benefit for Daz in a slow buildup that limits shoppers' time to build carts and spend money.

DAZ has clearly decided to drive their clients to bankruptcy... Up to 97% off even without using the tokens...

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,423

joanna said:

I'm not even going to discuss that total price of the buy-in, because my biggest problem is, again, the small new releases selection. Let's say that I could pick 2 new releases that I'm somewhat interested in (and let's even say that after discounts it's the price I'd be willing to pay for them), but 3? No way. Which means I would have to buy something I'm not interested in at all to get the discount.

That is precisely the problem. By the way, it can also be a problem for Daz, and subsequently for us, the customers: If people grab anything to get the discount, Daz loses track of what is really wanted. Maybe that's why we keep seeing new lingerie for Genesis 9 or Japanese school uniforms....   ;-)

If the hurdles get too high or the products are uninteresting, I drop it altogether. For example, what do I get out of a Daz+ discount on age-old items if I have to buy 18 (!!!) of these age-old items, of which I am interested in a maximal of five?

• caravelle said:

joanna said:

I'm not even going to discuss that total price of the buy-in, because my biggest problem is, again, the small new releases selection. Let's say that I could pick 2 new releases that I'm somewhat interested in (and let's even say that after discounts it's the price I'd be willing to pay for them), but 3? No way. Which means I would have to buy something I'm not interested in at all to get the discount.

That is precisely the problem. By the way, it can also be a problem for Daz, and subsequently for us, the customers: If people grab anything to get the discount, Daz loses track of what is really wanted. Maybe that's why we keep seeing new lingerie for Genesis 9 or Japanese school uniforms....   ;-)

If the hurdles get too high or the products are uninteresting, I drop it altogether. For example, what do I get out of a Daz+ discount on age-old items if I have to buy 18 (!!!) of these age-old items, of which I am interested in a maximal of five?

This is a problem many of us long-time users (even its biggest fans, like me) have with the Daz+ sales. One of the Daz+ Sale promos is "$2.99 for 8 Daz+ items from this selection." That's $2.99 total, not per item; no coupon; & unlimited uses. But I often have a hard time finding 8, unless I wait until a catch up when it's all one big selection.

The last few years, 8 for $2.99 has included G3 Daz+ items, so I am hoping I will see older G8 era items now that G9 is out.

'Someone' has a personal problem...blush

After having gone through the "Dazzling Super Savings", the exceptionally bad discounts made 'someone' put 234 items in 'someones' cart for $250 and 'someone' can't decide what to throw out...

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,784

Robert Freise said:

You can do that yourself if you are so motivated. Not so much move it to a separate category or change how it looks in the listing pages but you can certainly add the big red warning to the product page.

Screenshot-2023-05-29-at-15.22.28.jpg
    800 x 542 - 99K
    edited May 2023

SofaCitizen said:

Robert Freise said:

You can do that yourself if you are so motivated. Not so much move it to a separate category or change how it looks in the listing pages but you can certainly add the big red warning to the product page.

The simplest and quickest way to do something would be just requiring that every editorial license product's name starts with [EDITORIAL]. It might not be perfect, but it doesn't require coding, almost 0 extra work, so no excuses. Bonus credits would be for adding "editorial" sticker on the first promo (the one that goes into the thumbnail as well). If "staff picks" is possible, then why not "editorial"?

I get it that separate categories, extra formatting, and so on might require additional work that DAZ employees have no time for. But those two suggestions above require minimum additional work of adding the word "editorial" to the name of every new product and designing a sticker for the promo shots. The thing is, though, that the longer nothing is done about it, the more work (updating the old listings) will require.

But I doubt DAZ will do anything. According to some discussions in DAZ+ forum, the editorial notice is "clearly visible" and so on. Apparently everyone isn't complaining loud enough. wink

Post edited by joanna on

joanna said:

SofaCitizen said:

Robert Freise said:

The simplest and quickest way to do something would be just requiring that every editorial license product's name starts with [EDITORIAL]. It might not be perfect, but it doesn't require coding, almost 0 extra work, so no excuses. Bonus credits would be for adding "editorial" sticker on the first promo (the one that goes into the thumbnail as well). If "staff picks" is possible, then why not "editorial"?

I get it that separate categories, extra formatting, and so on might require additional work that DAZ employees have no time for. But those two suggestions above require minimum additional work of adding the word "editorial" to the name of every new product and designing a sticker for the promo shots. The thing is, though, that the longer nothing is done about it, the more work (updating the old listings) will require.

But I doubt DAZ will do anything. According to some discussions in DAZ+ forum, the editorial notice is "clearly visible" and so on. Apparently everyone isn't complaining loud enough. wink

Well, my example was something that we as customers could do on our own machines in the absence of a proper solution. It was only emphasising/highlighting the existing information. There would be a way to use the same technique for the listing pages but it would involve admin and manual changes every time a new product was released.

Daz obviously has much more options on how to make things better/clearer for the customer, if they chose to. Many would not really take that much work at all.  "Clearly visible" can only be argued for the full product page - as far as I can see there is no indication when browsing listing pages. Therefore, anyone who wants to avoid obtaining editorial items currently cannot use the quick-add button under the thumbnail.

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 882
    edited May 2023

PerttiA said:

After having gone through the "Dazzling Super Savings", the exceptionally bad discounts made 'someone' put 234 items in 'someones' cart for $250 and 'someone' can't decide what to throw out...

PerttiA, do you mean all the listings in the Legacy Items category with the "Dazzling Super Savings"? Anywho, Happy Shopping! laugh

I haven't got much in the way of store credit and just 1 token, otherwise I may have decided to splurge today. sad

Post edited by SapphireBlue on

SapphireBlue said:

PerttiA said:

PerttiA, do you mean all the listings in the Legacy Items category with the "Dazzling Super Savings"? Anywho, Happy Shopping! laugh

I haven't got much in the way of store credit and just 1 token, otherwise I may have decided to splurge today. sad

Not that I'd want to necessarily encourage you to spend that credit or go too wild in the store but it is also a double token day so you can build those up with 1 purchase and then use the tokens from that to get a discount off a second purchase.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

it all loses its taste when you have to buy a new that day release to get the discount .. like ths
    18 Legacy Artist Items for $2.99 each*‡ when you buy any 2+ ‘Weekend’ New Releases   and note its 2.99 EACH, not 2.99 for 18

• PerttiA said:

Wow, 'someone' did that to me, too.

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 889

PerttiA said:

I know "someone" as well who spent a ridiculous amount of time trimming carts today.... not a great day to be broke.

This discussion has been closed.