There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,118

OK, getting Lindays Breakaway with the Special Gift Coupon was a no-brainer.

The XTRA-GIFT coupon? Or is there a new coupon today? For whatever reason, I've been getting the banners later in the day recently, quite a while after I see other people mention them.

I used XTRA-GIFT yesterday since the banner claimed it expired at midnight. But the message is still in my inbox today. :|
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

I have seen the banners at about the time they start working at Daz HQ (9AM DazTime), which for me is 6PM.
    Usually they have also removed the old messages around the same time

• Andrew_CAndrew_C Posts: 102

Does that DOLLAR-DEALZ flash sale code only apply to G8.1 and lower stuff? Because I was tried to use it with Ivar 9 and Nicolai 9 it doesnt seem to work.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,075
    Andrew_C said:

Does that DOLLAR-DEALZ flash sale code only apply to G8.1 and lower stuff? Because I was tried to use it with Ivar 9 and Nicolai 9 it doesnt seem to work.

If you click on the banner it brings up a selection of DAZ originals. I imagine the cupon code only works on that selection.
    Andrew_C said:

If you click on the banner, you'll get a page showing the applicable items. Looks to be Daz Originals under $18 through G8 (but not 8.1).
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,809

Hoping for a good Memorial Day Weekend gift card sale; I'm down under $10...

• Andrew_CAndrew_C Posts: 102

doubledeviant said:

Andrew_C said:

If you click on the banner, you'll get a page showing the applicable items. Looks to be Daz Originals under $18 through G8 (but not 8.1).

thanks! 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

the $1 deal is great but I've looked through that list at least 500 times over the years, and there's a reason I didnt buy any of that stuff. I'm having a real hard time finding even 1 item I actually would buy otherwise, but for $1 you have to get something. I guess. 

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,397

Tomhip said:

Looked at my DAZ Lib and it is 500 gigs... maybe buying all those bundles and installing everything, without looking, was not such a good idea :P

That's all 

My 3d Library drive is a 16TB drive and it currently is just short of having 8TB installed on it. I have around 20TBs of items that I haven't installed as of yet.

Yes I'm a DazAholic

Never did get a new orange banner for today, and the one that claimed it expired yesterday is still in my inbox. Suppose I'll skip the new bundle for now - not like I don't have library of similar outfits already. But still a bit annoying for basic things like expiry date to be wrong on the banners.
    edited May 2023
    So... Is there some trick to getting attractive prices, or is the sale just bad? Aside from tokens, of course - I don't have a full set of tokens since I didn't buy the new bundle as expected (due to the erroneous banner, which is *still* in my inbox), which threw off my token planning. Not keen to spend much if not getting the full discount. Looking like a "no cart" day - which is fine, but a bit surprising for a "Memorial Day Weekend Sale".

Edit: They're not the best prices, but some Daz+ items are in one of the selections and get halfway-okay discounts when you put four or more in cart. Still seems to be a poor sale overall.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 139

Got to say someitmes I feel the 'sales' are utterly pointless, like today as a DAZ member, get gen3 stuff for 5.99

Not exactly enticing 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,911

You won't get a good offer every day, there's no trick to it.

I mean, thank god. Do you really want to spend money every day?

Hylas said:

Nah. Just a bit surprised as holiday sales have tended to be good lately from what I recall. And probably just a bit too grouchy from the banner nonsense. Not much patience for convoluted sales that don't seem that worthwhile when you do jump the hoops.
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,873

The tokens can turn into a de facto subscription: Spend $40 between Monday & Tuesday to get 8 tokens, then use the 8 tokens on Thursday to purchase the Core Figure---unless it's Josie 2.0, I mean Ally 9.

Tokens have become a necessity to get steep discounts we used to get for nothing.

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 882

xyer0 said:

The tokens can turn into a de facto subscription: Spend $40 between Monday & Tuesday to get 8 tokens, then use the 8 tokens on Thursday to purchase the Core Figure---unless it's Josie 2.0, I mean Ally 9.

Tokens have become a necessity to get steep discounts we used to get for nothing.

I also haven't seen an Gift Card Sale as good as they used to be since the introduction of the Tokens (if I remember correctly). I guess it's a change in sales strategy.

The 20% off the whole cart isn't bad (take note, nothing is excluded).

Just came back from my Saturday routines, but in a few minutes I collected 17 items in the cart for $43.64 at 85% off and I havent checked the older offers yet.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

the sales are not sales anymore, with the overall rise in pricing. Its getting pretty high, imo. Even DAZ+ stuff is now over $5 for most, and they fall off that pricing pretty fast and become 6.99 or more. 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,307

doubledeviant said:

Hylas said:

Nah. Just a bit surprised as holiday sales have tended to be good lately from what I recall. And probably just a bit too grouchy from the banner nonsense. Not much patience for convoluted sales that don't seem that worthwhile when you do jump the hoops.

I can relate. For some reason, this one feels like just a regular daily sales. Usually, for special days/celebrations, those sales feel like they have much more "bang" (even if there are still buy-in requirements almost everywhere). 

PerttiA said:

Just came back from my Saturday routines, but in a few minutes I collected 17 items in the cart for $43.64 at 85% off and I havent checked the older offers yet.

To get that 20% off the whole part you have to get 25.96 worth of new releases, and that's accounting that you buy the cheapest releases and you add 5 non-new items to drive the price of the new releases off.

I'm not even going to discuss that total price of the buy-in, because my biggest problem is, again, the small new releases selection. Let's say that I could pick 2 new releases that I'm somewhat interested in (and let's even say that after discounts it's the price I'd be willing to pay for them), but 3? No way. Which means I would have to buy something I'm not interested in at all to get the discount.

I think I'd much rather get a plain "buy $25 worth of stuff and get the discount". Steep, but at least I'd be paying for items I want which would make the deal much more appealing.

joanna said:

PerttiA said:

To get that 20% off the whole part you have to get 25.96 worth of new releases, and that's accounting that you buy the cheapest releases and you add 5 non-new items to drive the price of the new releases off.

I'm not even going to discuss that total price of the buy-in, because my biggest problem is, again, the small new releases selection. Let's say that I could pick 2 new releases that I'm somewhat interested in (and let's even say that after discounts it's the price I'd be willing to pay for them), but 3? No way. Which means I would have to buy something I'm not interested in at all to get the discount.

I think I'd much rather get a plain "buy $25 worth of stuff and get the discount". Steep, but at least I'd be paying for items I want which would make the deal much more appealing.

Ok, those 3 new releases are $15.58 in my cart that's $97.51 at 92% off.

The offers with stacking discounts are getting better the more one spends, which benefits both, DAZ gets more sales and the buyer gets more stuff at better discount.

PerttiA said:

joanna said:

PerttiA said:

It makes me wonder how you managed to get it that low. You can get 20% off them if you put 5 non-new items in, and then buying 3 releases is an additional 20% off (the whole cart, so new releases included). I don't see any other discount that would stack. If it's tokens, then it doesn't really count for this particular sale's attractiveness as you have to get tokens beforehand.

The offers with stacking discounts are getting better the more one spends, which benefits both, DAZ gets more sales and the buyer gets more stuff at better discount.

I have no problems with stacking discounts. I used them in the past and they're awesome. I don't even have that much of a problem with buy-ins (sure, it would be nicer, if there weren't any, but I get it that DAZ has to make money too). I have a problem with the buy-in selection. From the current ten items that qualify as buy-ins I can barely pick two, and they aren't even on the firm "I want them" list.  My problem isn't DAZ making me spend more (because that's on me, lol) by buying more items. My problem is DAZ telling me I have to spend money on things I don't want to get those discounts.

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 882
    edited May 2023

PerttiA said:

I'd rather have a good gift card sale with 20% off as there wil be no time limit how I will spend my "discount", while tokens expire after just a few days.

Post edited by BlueFingers on

BlueFingers said:

PerttiA said:

I'd rather have a good gift card sale with 20% off as there wil be no time limit how I will spend my "discount", while tokens expire after just a few days.

What did I write inside the parentheses... 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

I feel some PAs are confused about the meaning of the word "classy." Titty-lating cheescake outfit isn't really it.

edited May 2023

joanna said:

PerttiA said:

It makes me wonder how you managed to get it that low. You can get 20% off them if you put 5 non-new items in, and then buying 3 releases is an additional 20% off (the whole cart, so new releases included). I don't see any other discount that would stack. If it's tokens, then it doesn't really count for this particular sale's attractiveness as you have to get tokens beforehand.

Tokens for extra 40% off, but I'm comparing the offer to previous days and weeks when I have also used 8 tokens for extra 40% off, that extra 20% off from todays offer does make a difference.

Edit, now that I'm not going to buy more giftcards this weekend, the 20% off of one was nice wink

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,010

PerttiA said:

BlueFingers said:

PerttiA said:

What did I write inside the parentheses... 

The buy in is pretty high. It is not a simple clean 20% off gift card sale.

barbult said:

The buy in is pretty high. It is not a simple clean 20% off gift card sale.

It's a nice bonus on top, and even without buying one the sale is pretty good, one just has to read the rules and figure out what to put in the cart.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,397

Notice  https://www.daz3d.com/cyberpunk-coupe-car is restricted  editorial license

Robert Freise said:

Notice  https://www.daz3d.com/cyberpunk-coupe-car is restricted  editorial license

It's a copy of Hyundai Concept car.
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8183221/#Comment_8183221

This discussion has been closed.