DAZ Horse 3 - will there actually be any support this time?

Comments

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,865

for what it is worth, I have already made a character for the horse and it is in testing now....so there will be some support ;)

• They always support the products with at least a few items; what it seems that most really mean is "will there be ongoing support in the form of new content for Horse 3 for a few months to a year?"

"Ongoing support"?

it is a horse, there are only a few things you can do with a figure like that to support it....not sure what you would expect to have "ongoing" support?

Once you get the basics covered, then there will be the occasional "weird niche idea" and thats how it works.

• RawArt said:

"Ongoing support"?

it is a horse, there are only a few things you can do with a figure like that to support it....not sure what you would expect to have "ongoing" support?

Once you get the basics covered, then there will be the occasional "weird niche idea" and thats how it works.

I agree that once you get the basics covered, all that's left are the "weird niche ideas". Personally, I'm eagerly looking forward to Centaur 9.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

Daywalker Designs said:

I agree that once you get the basics covered, all that's left are the "weird niche ideas". Personally, I'm eagerly looking forward to Centaur 9.

Normally I would also, but I highly doubt DAZ will fix the bad transition area they had with G8 and G3. It needs to have the option for a lower blending and it's near impossible to do with simple texture editing. The lower transition is the main reason I purchased Rheena for Centaur 7 Female, but then discovered I was stuck with the Rheena skin and couldn't use any others, so it never got used..

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,859

Daywalker Designs said:

RawArt said:

"Ongoing support"?

The "basics covered" is first of all a normal horse update that makes it look and work better than Horse 2, I suppose?

• I might consider purchasing Horse 3 if we get more animal morphs (bovines, antelope, goat, etc.). There were a cow and calf morphs for Horse 2, but no adult bull.

Taoz said:

Daywalker Designs said:

RawArt said:

"Ongoing support"?

The "basics covered" is first of all a normal horse update that makes it look and work better than Horse 2, I suppose?

well that was a pre-release so they could get the reindeer out....I am also assuming there will be improvments for the proper release (and hoping they dont mess up the morph I made for my character for it LOL)

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,763

yeah ... deer, cows, moose, elk, bull, sheep, on and on... so much possible. 

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 521

They shoot horses, don't they?

• Mule morphs please.  AND

can we get a. Variety of packages being carried.  The current Hose 2 mule and pack is a PA item and the packs are suitcases (!?).  

How about mining mule packs.  TNT boxes. Western gold mining camps and horse poses / mule trains. How about dual side baskets to put produce or whatever in.  Nothing in the store currently I can find.  Examples go to google and search "pack mule" for image references, there are a ton of variety - AND a few traditional packs like  bags, boxes, baskets.

how about horse group pose packs.  Running , grasings in fields, etc.  doing a Horse 2 group shot traditional western horse running in the desert is painfully difficult or just not available.

Please do NOT release a "Mount of the Abyss" product for Horse 3.  That thing gives me the creeps and freaks me out every time I see it in the store. LOL

horse 3 western saddle with addons like a bed roll and equipment props etc saddle bags anybody?  Horse 2 English saddle has a bed roll, but not the western. 

Potential is always there, but it's Daz and there are a limited number of PA's that work on animal/horse stuff and there is history in the store of based on the currently available "horse" products available I remain skeptical but trying to keep an open mind until there are actual store products in the store for examination.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited January 2023

I'd love a Toon morph for the DAZ Horse 3 ,and going way back the Mil Horse had alot of morphs ,done by outside artists ......

Just throwing my 2 cents in laugh

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • Looks nice!

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,673

Maybe now a goat morph will finally happen? That would be the coolest and my absolute insta-buy ... 

• Taoz said:

Daywalker Designs said:

RawArt said:

"Ongoing support"?

Plus: Saddles, bags, bardings, carts and wagons - for a variety of times and places. Poses for horses, riders, drivers, and passengers - including G8 support.

The bare minimum should be Daz Originals "works out of box" solutions for all of these things. If we have to manually adjust DH2 items to fill basic storytelling needs, or wait years for piecemeal solutions from PAs, then DH3 won't be convenient for much of anything beyond "animal portraits".
  • something we need is good bridle with reigns that more flexable usable

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 521

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

something we need is good bridle with reigns that more flexable usable

+1

And a Zebra. You can never have enough Zebras.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,862

Something I was always disappointed in not having (even though I don't have any intended use for it) is a giraffe morph.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,032
    edited January 2023

those are all too obvious

we get unicorns, pegasus and centaurs but no modern African Safari animals or a zoo

or even a Victorian style circus

a Zoo could be open plains type too not restrictive cages but historically they did exist and go with the appropriate clothing and DAZ sets from those times

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

alienarea said:

They shoot horses, don't they?

Only when they won't stop dancing.

• so turning off limits found neck can be enlongated not perfect , maybe there are plans for a giraffes and/or llamas - can't share pics

• CerragCerrag Posts: 248

I'd love to see a new mermaid horse with an assortment of realistic fish tail's myself!  Or any kind of weird or mythological horse creatures.  That'd be cool imo and I'd buy them lol!!

MachineClaw said:

Mule morphs please.  AND

can we get a. Variety of packages being carried.  The current Hose 2 mule and pack is a PA item and the packs are suitcases (!?).  

How about mining mule packs.  TNT boxes. Western gold mining camps and horse poses / mule trains. How about dual side baskets to put produce or whatever in.  Nothing in the store currently I can find.  Examples go to google and search "pack mule" for image references, there are a ton of variety - AND a few traditional packs like  bags, boxes, baskets.

how about horse group pose packs.  Running , grasings in fields, etc.  doing a Horse 2 group shot traditional western horse running in the desert is painfully difficult or just not available.

Please do NOT release a "Mount of the Abyss" product for Horse 3.  That thing gives me the creeps and freaks me out every time I see it in the store. LOL

horse 3 western saddle with addons like a bed roll and equipment props etc saddle bags anybody?  Horse 2 English saddle has a bed roll, but not the western. 

Potential is always there, but it's Daz and there are a limited number of PA's that work on animal/horse stuff and there is history in the store of based on the currently available "horse" products available I remain skeptical but trying to keep an open mind until there are actual store products in the store for examination.

i was just looking for packs the other day. Seems like something Fugazi should take a look at.  

Cerrag said:

I'd love to see a new mermaid horse with an assortment of realistic fish tail's myself!  Or any kind of weird or mythological horse creatures.  That'd be cool imo and I'd buy them lol!!

I love the Capricorn figure, but wish it had been a morph for DH2 plus a geograft tail.

• Horse 3? Did I miss something?

Philippi_Child said:

Horse 3? Did I miss something?

There was an early-release bundle including Daz Horse 3 during the Christmas sale, but it appears to be inactive until the full release.

• CerragCerrag Posts: 248
    edited January 2023

I just did a comparison between DH2 Thorougbred and DH3 and with just a couple slight modifications, I agree it's not too shabby at all! 

I sized it up to match DH2 at 111.5%, moved the ear position to match the DH2, resized the ears' Y scale to 115.0%, and closed the eyes some so he didn't look scared to death.  I think had those things been done initially, there wouldn't be that initial shock factor.  Also if that hump/bump on the DH3's head was shaved down, he'd be pretty golden right out of the box imo.

I'm liking him much, much more now.

DH2 VS DH3.JPG
    1876 x 795 - 181K
    DH2 VS DH3 front.JPG
    973 x 794 - 73K
    DH2 VS DH3 top.JPG
    982 x 800 - 67K
    DH2 VS DH3 left.JPG
    985 x 807 - 88K
    Post edited by Cerrag on
  • CWRWCWRW Posts: 88
    edited January 2023

So I have only used the original Daz Mil Horse, the DH2 and the HiveWire Horse (Harry). I'll be curious to see what folks do with the "new stud on the block", when it comes out. The anatomy definitely looks a bit odd to me with 35+ years as a horse owner, rider and trainer.  I just found out about this/saw this thread, as for whatever reason I'm not getting the daily store emails from Daz anymore.

Some VERY old 3d horse history here! :)

Mil Horse (art from 2006...)

DH2 (art from 2013 using personal textures)

Another DH2 (art from 2013 using personal textures)

and an early artwork of Harry from 2014

Yes all manes and tails are postworked on all images FWIW...

MilHorse_the-black.jpg
    500 x 625 - 69K
    DH2_snow-horses-II.jpg
    800 x 566 - 102K
    DH2_snow-ghost.jpg
    720 x 800 - 159K
    Harry_wild-stallion.jpg
    800 x 617 - 157K
    Post edited by CWRW on
  • Wow, those are great!

CWRW said:

So I have only used the original Daz Mil Horse, the DH2 and the HiveWire Horse (Harry). I'll be curious to see what folks do with the "new stud on the block", when it comes out. The anatomy definitely looks a bit odd to me with 35+ years as a horse owner, rider and trainer.  I just found out about this/saw this thread, as for whatever reason I'm not getting the daily store emails from Daz anymore.

Some VERY old 3d horse history here! :)

Mil Horse (art from 2006...)

DH2 (art from 2013 using personal textures)

Another DH2 (art from 2013 using personal textures)

and an early artwork of Harry from 2014

Yes all manes and tails are postworked on all images FWIW...

hopefully you can work on this new horse when its officially released. Your work on the Hiverwire animals is spectacular.