DAZ Horse 3 - will there actually be any support this time?

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,247
    edited May 2023

I've uploaded both uvsets for Horse 3 over at Renderosity. Should be available inside 24 hours or so.

Horse 3 now comes with 3 uvsets, my templates are just for the base default and the Thoroughbred uvsets.

Horse 3 also has some poses and a bunch of new morphs added [since its first release] which make for a great improvement IMHO esp. about the ears :-)

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Thank you! Thank you!

Catherine3678ab said:

I've uploaded both uvsets for Horse 3 over at Renderosity. Should be available inside 24 hours or so.

Horse 3 now comes with 3 uvsets, my templates are just for the base default and the Thoroughbred uvsets.

Horse 3 also has some poses and a bunch of new morphs added [since its first release] which make for a great improvement IMHO esp. about the ears :-)

You're quite welcome, enjoy :-)

• movidamovida Posts: 54
    edited May 2023

Is the only update for the Horse 3 the one with 727 morphs dated 2/12 or 2/10?  Was there only

the one update 2/12?

And thank you for the uv's

Thanks

Post edited by movida on

I purchased Horse 3 when it first came out with a Reindeer.

These new morphs, uvset, etc. appear to all be dated for Feb. 2023.

Catherine3678ab said:

I purchased Horse 3 when it first came out with a Reindeer.

These new morphs, uvset, etc. appear to all be dated for Feb. 2023.

Thank you. I manually install so I'd never know -  I've been working on him and the thought of redoing

what I've done so far was rather terrifying :)

Jan

edited May 2023

I decided to accept all the new Horse 3 figuring they would be making improvements. They put it to a slightly different location in the subfolders and I found a few of the old presets needed to be deleted. The new ones work fine although one had to be "bopped" a few times ;-) Biggest change was the geometry for the tail. The new overwrites the old so if trying to use the old tail preset one will get boxes.

The morphs, lots of them [going from the few that the first one had]!!! Including ears; I'm very happy that they fixed those ears. A horse has to move its ears properly to communicate.

eta: if not sure; one can "send to zip" the original files in the event one wants to revert.

Catherine3678ab said:

I decided to accept all the new Horse 3 figuring they would be making improvements. They put it to a slightly different location in the subfolders and I found a few of the old presets needed to be deleted. The new ones work fine although one had to be "bopped" a few times ;-) Biggest change was the geometry for the tail. The new overwrites the old so if trying to use the old tail preset one will get boxes.

The morphs, lots of them [going from the few that the first one had]!!! Including ears; I'm very happy that they fixed those ears. A horse has to move its ears properly to communicate.

eta: if not sure; one can "send to zip" the original files in the event one wants to revert.

I'm going to install this 2/23 to a separate location and check if what I've done still loads :)

Thanks again

Jan

• My problem with very much all Daz Horses is there aren't quite enough morphs on them. Daz Horse 3 needs a few more to give me reason to use it instead of other equines. Quite a few textures too because I need ability to make both destriers and Mongolian horses.

PixelSploiting said:

My problem with very much all Daz Horses is there aren't quite enough morphs on them. Daz Horse 3 needs a few more to give me reason to use it instead of other equines. Quite a few textures too because I need ability to make both destriers and Mongolian horses.

For the Mongolian horses couldn't you use the base horse 3 (not the thoroughbred) and scale him down and take some weight off him? The destriers maybe could be put together with percentages of the draft horse and friesan available for the hivewire horse? 

Horse-3-base.jpg
    1168 x 972 - 22K
  • PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 886
    edited May 2023

movida said:

PixelSploiting said:

My problem with very much all Daz Horses is there aren't quite enough morphs on them. Daz Horse 3 needs a few more to give me reason to use it instead of other equines. Quite a few textures too because I need ability to make both destriers and Mongolian horses.

For the Mongolian horses couldn't you use the base horse 3 (not the thoroughbred) and scale him down and take some weight off him? The destriers maybe could be put together with percentages of the draft horse and friesan available for the hivewire horse? 

Mongolian horse looks different. It's almost size of an "ordinary" horse, but has larger belly, stockier legs, larger head and often shaggy coat. It sort of looks like a crossbreed of a steppe pony and thoroughbred.

I can make both them and destriers with Hivewire horses which takes away from really needing Daz Horse 3.

If there's any animal one might want to have as many options as with humans it's horse... Hence Daz horses always fall short next to the already old competition.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
    edited May 2023

PixelSploiting said:

movida said:

PixelSploiting said:

Mongolian horse looks different. It's almost size of an "ordinary" horse, but has larger belly, stockier legs, larger head and often shaggy coat. It sort of looks like a crossbreed of a steppe pony and thoroughbred.

I can make both them and destriers with Hivewire horses which takes away from really needing Daz Horse 3.

If there's any animal one might want to haveas many options as with humans it's horse... Hence Daz horses always fall short next to the already old competition.

These guys seem smaller

Mongolian-Horse-Photos.jpg
    500 x 375 - 146K
    Mongolian-Horses-Pictures.jpg
    640 x 427 - 89K
    Post edited by movida on
  • movida said:

PixelSploiting said:

movida said:

PixelSploiting said:

If there's any animal one might want to haveas many options as with humans it's horse... Hence Daz horses always fall short next to the already old competition.

These guys seem smaller

Mongolian breeds can vary in size. The ones that were used for war were larger (can you imagine any of those ponies carrying a man and barding).

Either way, if Daz wants to promote their horse base they really need more morphs and textures.

PixelSploiting said:

movida said:

PixelSploiting said:

movida said:

PixelSploiting said:

These guys seem smaller

Mongolian breeds can vary in size. The ones that were used for war were larger (can you imagine any of those ponies carrying a man and barding).

Either way, if Daz wants to promote their horse base they really need more morphs and textures.

I found this guy who seems larger. Where did you find info on the larger "war horse" type of Mongolian horse?

Mongolian-horse.jpg
    900 x 600 - 244K
  • PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 886
    edited May 2023

movida said:

PixelSploiting said:

movida said:

PixelSploiting said:

movida said:

PixelSploiting said:

These guys seem smaller

I found this guy who seems larger. Where did you find info on the larger "war horse" type of Mongolian horse?

^Not a European-style warhorse. The slightly larger size you posted right now. You can see it doesn't really look like a typical pony. It is its own thing.

An actual Medieval destrier also wasn't as huge as warhorses look in fantasy illustrations (because most of fantasy artists usually draw a draft horse except clad in barding which is wrong).

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,336

I was very interested in Daz Horse 3 when it first appeared because I'd wanted to do more with horses in my artwork, but in my opinion Daz Horse 3 did not look as good as Daz Horse 2, or at least it didn't in any of the promo art, or anyone else's work that I could see.  So I've still held off on buying it.

edited May 2023

If you want to give uvmapping and rigging a try, OR just have a lovely statue, there is this free horse over at ArtStation :-)

Free Horse.png
    800 x 800 - 427K
  • ecks201ecks201 Posts: 440

An update has just popped up in DIM, so I clicked the link to the docu page to see what had been updated/fixed...

Resolved Issues

• None

Ah! frown

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,030

Yeah I saw that and I had hoped someone here had a clue what might have been fixed. Sigh.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

ecks201 said:

An update has just popped up in DIM, so I clicked the link to the docu page to see what had been updated/fixed...

Resolved Issues

• None

Ah! frown

Sounds about right. 

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 836
    Several months ago, I submitted a ticket in regards to the horse's open mouth pose/morph causing very noticeable issues with several sets of reins and halters. I hope those issues get resolved eventually. It's frustrating trying to fix these issues in postwork. But I haven't noticed an update to the submitted ticket yet.
  • QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 911

PixelSploiting said:

I started working on a Mongolian horse for Daz Horse 3 but had to shelve the project a couple of months back to keep up with my regular job while we moved to a new house. I do hope to finish it up in the next couple of months.

• Quixotry said:

PixelSploiting said:

I started working on a Mongolian horse for Daz Horse 3 but had to shelve the project a couple of months back to keep up with my regular job while we moved to a new house. I do hope to finish it up in the next couple of months.

Sounds cool! I'll buy it when it hits the store. 

• mariannermarianner Posts: 93
    edited June 2023

I compared the update from today with the file I downloaded a few days ago when I purchased the horse. The new file is larger: 227 MB and the old one is 204 MB. I haven't looked at all of the files but there is a new character StandardBred, new textures for it (but I thought that they looked to be the same as the thoroughbred, just a different colourcast), and many new morphs.

Edited for spelling.

Post edited by marianner on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

What happened to the "new hair options" early buyers of DH3 were gonna get access to? I can't abide the polyester semi-permanent wire of the current mane and tail. CWRW to the rescue, but I'd prefer not to be forced to postwork. And the Pro Material Set that goes with the Pegasus Wings Add-On? 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

xyer0 said:

What happened to the "new hair options" early buyers of DH3 were gonna get access to? I can't abide the polyester semi-permanent wire of the current mane and tail. CWRW to the rescue, but I'd prefer not to be forced to postwork. And the Pro Material Set that goes with the Pegasus Wings Add-On? 

I agree. I bought it, but will not use it until I have a better mane. The current one is god-awful. 

I'm still working on him. Rather than morphs what I'm doing is fixing him conformationally to be correct and then the rigging will need to

be adjusted so he bends more like a horse and less like a frankenstein :)   I don't think posting wip's is a good idea although I'd like to :)

It's taking a long time, I'm on my 5th iteration. He looks pretty good. Just a solid, sound all around horse that'll do anything you ask of him.

• That would be very lovely. Not having predator eyes would be awesome.
    I have plans for him...but they are near the bottom of the stack at the moment, sadly.

movida said:

I'm still working on him. Rather than morphs what I'm doing is fixing him conformationally to be correct and then the rigging will need to

be adjusted so he bends more like a horse and less like a frankenstein :)   I don't think posting wip's is a good idea although I'd like to :)

It's taking a long time, I'm on my 5th iteration. He looks pretty good. Just a solid, sound all around horse that'll do anything you ask of him.

Keep an eye out for something from DesignAnvil ;-) Teaser posted over at DA :-)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868

And it seems that support for Horse 3 has appeared.