DAZ Horse 3 - will there actually be any support this time?

Comments

• CWRWCWRW Posts: 88

Thank you butterflyfish and Daveso!  I'm not sure if I am going to continue making 3d product for the marketplace.  I make a lot more making my own artwork and licensing it these days. The overall trend in how 3d products are sold these days make it a lot harder to make money doing so than it used to be back say 10 years ago. But we'll see.. Never say never!:)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,908

CWRW said:

So I have only used the original Daz Mil Horse, the DH2 and the HiveWire Horse (Harry). I'll be curious to see what folks do with the "new stud on the block", when it comes out. The anatomy definitely looks a bit odd to me with 35+ years as a horse owner, rider and trainer.  I just found out about this/saw this thread, as for whatever reason I'm not getting the daily store emails from Daz anymore.

Some VERY old 3d horse history here! :)

Mil Horse (art from 2006...)

DH2 (art from 2013 using personal textures)

Another DH2 (art from 2013 using personal textures)

and an early artwork of Harry from 2014

Yes all manes and tails are postworked on all images FWIW...

Those are beautiful! In regards to your comment about notification emails, there have been issues with them of late as well as forum problems with the icons and attachments. It all seems to come and go but Daz is aware of the problem, so hopefully, they can get it fixed in the near future.

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611

CWRW said:

Thank you butterflyfish and Daveso!  I'm not sure if I am going to continue making 3d product for the marketplace.  I make a lot more making my own artwork and licensing it these days. The overall trend in how 3d products are sold these days make it a lot harder to make money doing so than it used to be back say 10 years ago. But we'll see.. Never say never!:)

I have all the stuff you've released for Harry so I definitely appreciate anything you put out! I only wish my inspiration to make art wasn't currently in the sewer due to the rise of AI. I need to find a way to bring my muse back. 

frank0314 said:

Those are beautiful! In regards to your comment about notification emails, there have been issues with them of late as well as forum problems with the icons and attachments. It all seems to come and go but Daz is aware of the problem, so hopefully, they can get it fixed in the near future.

Thanks Frank!  Hmm... I haven't gotten any Daz emails in a few months. I had for years anf they just stopped one day all of a sudden and none since. I hope the problem hasn't been going on that long:) I have no idea why I stopped getting the daily Daz emails. So instead I just drop in here once in a while.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Y' know, I could use a cow with the same quality as the reindeer.

MelissaGT said:

CWRW said:

I have all the stuff you've released for Harry so I definitely appreciate anything you put out! I only wish my inspiration to make art wasn't currently in the sewer due to the rise of AI. I need to find a way to bring my muse back. 

Thanks Melissa!  Yeah I hear you on the AI stuff.  I've already spent quite a bt of time removing my artwork from the LAION database as no suprise if you type in native american horse into "Have I Been Trained" for example, boom... loads of my stuff especially.  Very depressing...bad enough folks stealing my actual art all the time and selling it, now they can make their own tx to AI.. lately I've been going back more to using Painter with my new Cintiq and doing more art that is not 3d based or 3d style for one... Hang in there!  Your muse will come back.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792

CWRW said:

MelissaGT said:

CWRW said:

Thanks Melissa!  Yeah I hear you on the AI stuff.  I've already spent quite a bt of time removing my artwork from the LAION database as no suprise if you type in native american horse into "Have I Been Trained" for example, boom... loads of my stuff especially.  Very depressing...bad enough folks stealing my actual art all the time and selling it, now they can make their own tx to AI.. lately I've been going back more to using Painter with my new Cintiq and doing more art that is not 3d based or 3d style for one... Hang in there!  Your muse will come back.

Hi could you explain how you removed your images from AI databases? Thanks. 

• CWRW, please please please consider doing  coats for the new Daz horse! ( For those who do not know, she did the origional shaders for the Daz horses as well as for the hivewire horse )

And I second Wonderland, how did you remove your art from the AI databases? Like CWRW, I have pretty much switched back to real paint and far away from 3D looking art, for the same reasons.

• Do we know when the offical daz Horse 3 will be released or even a daz soonish date?

• Hi CWRW!

I had years with no Daz emails (so relied on dropping in, and then later on DazDeals emails), and then suddenly they started coming again. It may be that your email bounced too many times, and so you were blocked, or it could be that your email provider blocked Daz as SPAM, You might but in a ticket (didn't work for me), and/or it might just spontaneously come back. Good to see you around. (-Dakorillon) 

CWRW said:

frank0314 said:

Thanks Frank!  Hmm... I haven't gotten any Daz emails in a few months. I had for years anf they just stopped one day all of a sudden and none since. I hope the problem hasn't been going on that long:) I have no idea why I stopped getting the daily Daz emails. So instead I just drop in here once in a while.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Nope - the emails are broken for a lot of people.

Some days I am getting one of what should be 5 or 6 ... it's not the blocked by my own provider problem.

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238

I noted that Daz Install Manager had an updated Horse 3, but I haven't had a chance to check it out. Anyone else put it through its paces yet?

Tim

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,859

Kerya said:

Nope - the emails are broken for a lot of people.

If they are turned on in your account, try to turn them off and then on again.  Remember to click Save both times.  Worked for me once I had problems.

• CWRW said:

I hope you can continue sometime because your artistry would be greatly missed.

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910

I bought the Daz Horse 3 for various reasons, but after seeing some the comparisons between Horse 3 and 2, I am very disappointed.  The head definitely looks "lacking" in my opinion.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,516

Timotheus said:

I noted that Daz Install Manager had an updated Horse 3, but I haven't had a chance to check it out. Anyone else put it through its paces yet?

Tim

I am interested in this as well.  I really haven't played with the horse, only the reindeer, so I wouldn't know what (if anything) has changed.

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611

Fae3D said:

Timotheus said:

Tim

I am interested in this as well.  I really haven't played with the horse, only the reindeer, so I wouldn't know what (if anything) has changed.

I have not seen an update come through in DIM.  

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

Downloaded the installation file and indeed it has been updated on friday (Jan 13th)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

MelissaGT said:

Fae3D said:

Timotheus said:

Tim

I have not seen an update come through in DIM.  

I got the update (20230114) but haven't rendered it yet.

• Rendered - Looks a little better in places. The coat is nice, overall. Mane and Tail need work out of the box

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

Tiffanie Gray - IDLM said:

Rendered - Looks a little better in places. The coat is nice, overall. Mane and Tail need work out of the box

Does it still have the sad Moe forelocks?

• Yes, generally it does. It does stretch a little with dForce sim. (I'm not a great user of dForce, so someone else might do better.) 

AgitatedRiot said:

Rendered - Looks a little better in places. The coat is nice, overall. Mane and Tail need work out of the box

Does it still have the sad Moe forelocks?

• Here it is, with just a pose chosen, and the "best settings for Sim" applied. Nothing else tweaked.

I couldn't get it to attach (I rarely can). So:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ry4v8ww0onb417i/Horse 3 - Updated.jpg?dl=0

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

MelissaGT said:

AllenArt said:

frank0314 said:

AllenArt said:

I do have to say...the mane on Horse 3 is god-awful. And I can't seem to do anything to change its awfulness.

In what way? "Awful" encompasses quite a lot.

Someone said the forelocks look like a "Moe" haircut - they're right. I know you can take care of some of that in the surface settings with random length and all that, but it still looks weird. It stands up in a way that's a little unnatural and there's no setting that I've tried that makes it lie down more, so it sort of stands out from the body like it's made of stiff nylon bristles or something. We need something more like DA's mane and tail. I'll wait for that. While I'm at it, not crazy about the textured-in shading of the musles either. Overall, the shape just looks sort of "wrong", especially in the face (eye placement and direction is "off"). I don't want to complain TOO much because I paid a pittance for it, but I'm hoping for more soon ;)

The mane looks all sorts of wrong...definite 'Moe' cut. There is something off about the body and I can't put my finger on what it is. And the poses...are...wow...like...just...wow...and that's not a good wow. There also needs to be some sort of morphs for the mane...it feels like there is a lot missing. 

I can't get over how bad the poses for the riders and tack are.  Seriously?  Who rides an out-of-control horse with loose reins? Considering the number poses with loose reins, I'm guessing there's not much control in the morphs.  Had anybody bothered to look at stock photos of horses and rides, maybe somebody would have noticed this stuff.  Or get it reviewed by some real equestrians.

• Strange question:

Is there a place to find the templates for the Horse 3?
    I looked in my product library where such things usually are, and didn't find it there?
    Am I just overlooking things?

Thanks

• DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 175

Has any one tried putting the DHorse3 tack etc on other horses? Some of the carts and harnesses look interesting but I don't want the new monster just to pull a cart

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 836

Has any one tried putting the DHorse3 tack etc on other horses? Some of the carts and harnesses look interesting but I don't want the new monster just to pull a cart

I tried a quick and lazy Transfer Utility on one of the Horse 3 outfits to Horse 2 and it just about looked okay, but that method didn't work. The outfit wouldn't follow the horse. I wasn't trying to be serious about it though. Just messing around with it.
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,278

I wrapped the Hivewire horse in the Mongolian armor. Looked okay for a still with a few tweaks of scaling. But it needed to be posed seperately.

• movidamovida Posts: 54

Strange question:

I looked in my product library where such things usually are, and didn't find it there?

Thanks

I couldn't fine one either so I opened it up in UVMapper and saved out the UV's.  You can download a trial of UV Mapper Pro

Jan

• YEah, that's what I figured I was going to have to do. Thanks for the confirmation. 

movida said:

Strange question:

Thanks

I couldn't fine one either so I opened it up in UVMapper and saved out the UV's.  You can download a trial of UV Mapper Pro

Jan