Carrara Non Photo Realistic Works

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited June 2017

Investigating Pan today, I'm not sure how to use the primitive passes (the hair ones) in post work. Any ideas welcome. :)

Bit of hand colouring in the second one

Pan1_Depth.jpg
    2133 x 3000 - 4M
    Pan1atoonpro2.jpg
    2133 x 3000 - 4M
    Post edited by Headwax on
    edited June 2017

'Pan and Nymphs'

'Pan, the Nymphai (Nymphs) say, dances badly and goes beyond bounds in his leaping, leaping up and jumping aloft after the manner of sportive goats;

and they say that they would teach him a different kind of dancing, or a more delightful character; when he, however, pays no heed to them....'

from http://www.theoi.com/Georgikos/Pan.html

Carrara render passes. I rendered out a few different light positions so I could access the highlights I wanted,

Eg below

Pansittinnofroverybrightg.jpg
    2133 x 3000 - 2M
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    head wax said:

Investigating Pan today, I'm not sure how to use the primitive passes (the hair ones) in post work. Any ideas welcome. :)

Like the second hand coloured one.

thank you, yes me too , gradually getting there, I hope

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

awesome work Head Wax...

I like the 2nd Pan as well.. though some more blending needs to be done to rid the join.. wink

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    head wax said:

Great work - I particularly like the second one!

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Andrew, beautiful Pan! I like both of them.

thanks everyone for the feedback, really appreciated !

The Grey Ghost

Terrific show in my hometown at the moment.  http://nag.org.au/Exhibitions/Current/THE-PHANTOM-SHOW

edited June 2017

Headwax, excellent Phantom. Could he have done with some eye detail ?

Something different from me - Filter Forge - Acrylic paint filter.

Greenlands 1 Topaz FiltForge AcrylicPaint 800.png
    800 x 600 - 1M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    head wax said:

The Grey Ghost

Terrific show in my hometown at the moment.  http://nag.org.au/Exhibitions/Current/THE-PHANTOM-SHOW

Great art! What the figure is?

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Bunyip02 said:

Actually, I really liked the lack of eye detail.smiley  But I agree, it is an excellent rendition of the Phantom.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited June 2017

Phantom renders .... cool

awesome Phantom Headwax heart

phantom.jpg
    606 x 600 - 373K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    Bunyip02 said:

hey Bunyip, thanks, once again you are showing of filter forge beautifully. Especially like the sky tree and legs in this one,

oh the lack of eye detail is a reference to the original writer illustrator who took his influence from Greek classical statues (Greek?) that had no pupils - hence his white eye mask - but yes eyes would be interesting !

Vyusur said:
    head wax said:

The Grey Ghost

Great art! What the figure is?

hey thanks! This be Mike4 with muscle maps. In the main he is au naturale, it's just his body retextured.

Vyusur said:

Bunyip02 said:

Actually, I really liked the lack of eye detail.smiley  But I agree, it is an excellent rendition of the Phantom.

Thanks UB, that's very kind, for the eyes I was referencing the originalwriter chap.  

Falk explained that Ancient Greek stone busts inspired the notion of pupils of the eyes of "The Phantom" not showing whenever he wore his mask. The old Greek busts had no eye pupils, which Falk felt gave them an inhuman, interesting look.

Bit more work with Mr Walker and his mate Devil

Bit more work with Mr Walker and his mate Devil

Stezza said:

Phantom renders .... cool

awesome Phantom Headwax heart

So sorry just saw this! Wonderful! And after reading up on the Phantom I cane appreciate the purple :) !

edited June 2017
    head wax said:
    Bunyip02 said:

hey Bunyip, thanks, once again you are showing of filter forge beautifully. Especially like the sky tree and legs in this one,

oh the lack of eye detail is a reference to the original writer illustrator who took his influence from Greek classical statues (Greek?) that had no pupils - hence his white eye mask - but yes eyes would be interesting !

Hello Headwax, was wondering why you did your render that way, makes sense now.

Stezza nice Phantom render as well.

Camel render from me. Filter Forge - Old Book Illustrator filter.

Camel 1b Topaz FiltForge OldBookIllust 800.png
    800 x 600 - 1M
    edited June 2017

Hya Bunyip, well this one looks like an old French work from Aegypt :)

Here's another treatment of that last image. Forgot to say it's PhilW's Sopwith Camel - restructured.

Using Waterlogue app amongst others.

watercolourgood-1.jpg
    2568 x 2997 - 2M
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited June 2017

HW - that airplane scene blows me away.  Will have to check out the referenced app.

Stezza - I recently saw the original first two Phantom serials.  Your Phantom really captures the mood, as well as the look.

Bunyip - Nice camel.  Yeah, you convinced me to get Filter Forge.  Playing around with it today.

I just threw together a quick test scene so I could play with Filter Forge. I was too rushed to even search for a good DM temple scene for the setting, or to parent a sword.  Just want to play with my new Filter Forge toy!!!!  So here is a simple G2F with Carrara dynamic hair and the Cavewoman jungle outfit from the Daz store.  Put a simple bigradient in the scene backdrop and lit with a different bigradient in the scene background, along with one distant light.  Also used a shadow catcher.   This is a combination of a couple of filters.  The straight render is mixed with the watercolor, 4 color blend, and artification.   

filtforge1.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 1M
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited June 2017

And here is the same scene with a B&W backlit filter.

filter forge 2.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 312K

Diomede said:

HW - that airplane scene blows me away.  Will have to check out the referenced app.

Stezza - I recently saw the original first two Phantom serials.  Your Phantom really captures the mood, as well as the look.

Bunyip - Nice camel.  Yeah, you convinced me to get Filter Forge.  Playing around with it today.

I just threw together a quick test scene so I could play with Filter Forge. I was too rushed to even search for a good DM temple scene for the setting, or to parent a sword.  Just want to play with my new Filter Forge toy!!!!  So here is a simple G2F with Carrara dynamic hair and the Cavewoman jungle outfit from the Daz store.  Put a simple bigradient in the scene backdrop and lit with a different bigradient in the scene background, along with one distant light.  Also used a shadow catcher.   This is a combination of a couple of filters.  The straight render is mixed with the watercolor, 4 color blend, and artification.   

thanks Diomede, great to see you have aquired Filter Forge and thanks for posting here!

Love the textures on this and the gradients. !

In the black and white one - is the backlit part a Filter Forge action.?

The waterlogue app is on both ipad and win 10 - cheap as chips last time I looked :)

Bunyip - Great camel image, love it!

Head Wax - Great image - I thought I recognised that other sort of Camel!

Diomede - love these, especially the color one!

PhilW said:

Bunyip - Great camel image, love it!

Head Wax - Great image - I thought I recognised that other sort of Camel!

Diomede - love these, especially the color one!

Thanks Phil

head wax said:

Hya Bunyip, well this one looks like an old French work from Aegypt :)

Here's another treatment of that last image. Forgot to say it's PhilW's Sopwith Camel - restructured.

Using Waterlogue app amongst others.

Very nice, prefer this one

edited June 2017
    Diomede said:

Diomede lovely cavewoman - needs some dinosaurs to hunt.

Dino 3 Topaz FiltForge Chinaware paint 800.png
    800 x 600 - 1M

If I were feeling pedantic I'd point out that dinosaurs died out around 64 millions years before there was anything resembling a modern human, but I'm feeling generous, so I won't mention it...

edited June 2017

But @PhilW, it is probably that the bio-engineers are going to make some dinosaur-ish animals for us to hunt in theme parks.

Thanks, HW, Bunyip, and Phil for the comments.

PhilW said:

If I were feeling pedantic I'd point out that dinosaurs died out around 64 millions years before there was anything resembling a modern human, but I'm feeling generous, so I won't mention it...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/653117/Scientists-closer-to-CLONING-T-Rex-after-discovering-remains-of-pregnant-dinosaur

This discussion has been closed.