There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,377

Wonderland said:

The use of a seemingly AI description here is confusing. In the last line it mentions snow and foliage and also mentions a city environment which doesn't seem to be part of the product. I can't find anything about an included HDRI or city background. . https://www.daz3d.com/central-ice-skating-park

"Step into a winter wonderland with the Central Ice Skating Park, a meticulously designed 3D environment perfect for your seasonal scenes. Nestled in the heart of a bustling city, this modern ice rink captures the serene beauty of winter with a touch of urban flair.

The park features a sleek, covered seating area with contemporary architectural details, including exposed steel beams and large windows that allow the natural beauty of the surroundings to shine through. The ice rink itself is enclosed by a sturdy glass barrier, offering both safety and an unobstructed view of the skating action. Whether you're setting the stage for a festive holiday scene or a quiet moment of reflection in the park, the Central Ice Skating Park provides the perfect backdrop.

The changing seasons are reflected in the vivid autumn foliage and snow-covered grounds, making this versatile scene ideal for both fall and winter renders.'

I suspect the language is a bit "poetic" rather than AI: if you look carefully, you can see a small snowy base and snowballs in the overhead view.

• Couldn't find the OP, but someone mentioned getting offered the same model repeatedly in LDs. Just happened to me! I have G8 Delilah Dress in my latest selection for the second time in 2 days. 

That said, I do get a variety of generations from gen 3-4 to G1-8, usually in the same set. This one is two G8 clothing, something for Star! (1), and a V3 outfit.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 714

Regarding LD: about the only time I pick something up is when there are other stacking sales that drop the prices significantly... occasionally then there's something that I might have use for. Lately it's gotten somewhat better at throwing G8 and occasionally 9 at me. It's rarely anything I want, but at least it's a better guess than V/M4. Mostly it's like FastGrab, though... I know I'll get a better deal if I toss it on my WL and wait. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,435

nemesis10 said:

Wonderland said:

The use of a seemingly AI description here is confusing. In the last line it mentions snow and foliage and also mentions a city environment which doesn't seem to be part of the product. I can't find anything about an included HDRI or city background. . https://www.daz3d.com/central-ice-skating-park

"Step into a winter wonderland with the Central Ice Skating Park, a meticulously designed 3D environment perfect for your seasonal scenes. Nestled in the heart of a bustling city, this modern ice rink captures the serene beauty of winter with a touch of urban flair.

The park features a sleek, covered seating area with contemporary architectural details, including exposed steel beams and large windows that allow the natural beauty of the surroundings to shine through. The ice rink itself is enclosed by a sturdy glass barrier, offering both safety and an unobstructed view of the skating action. Whether you're setting the stage for a festive holiday scene or a quiet moment of reflection in the park, the Central Ice Skating Park provides the perfect backdrop.

The changing seasons are reflected in the vivid autumn foliage and snow-covered grounds, making this versatile scene ideal for both fall and winter renders.'

I suspect the language is a bit "poetic" rather than AI: if you look carefully, you can see a small snowy base and snowballs in the overhead view.

That's ammunition for snowball fights, or for picking off the skaters as they go by. Combination speed-skating and dodgeball.

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 184

Most of the time my LD offers are usually for things I've never used- G3 and older as well as old software. I have to say though, on a few occasions I've gotten really good deals on G8 charactr bundles as well as a few G9 characters. They offer me enough winners often enough to keep me checking LD (which is the intent of the LD, I imagine).

The curent 30 gets you 30 deal has been really good for me- my wishlist is down to 16 items now. My latest purchase is Tri-X Madison Premium Bundle for $8.58. The lowest I've ever seen it is $40.00.

Wonderland said:

I figured the background was more of a "serving suggestion" and that it was meant to be inspired by ones found in the city, although I've seen reasonably similar ones in the suburban community parks around here. I more thought the trees were a weird choice... by the time it's consistently cold enough to flood a skating rink and get it to hold up, there are not going to be that many colored leaves still on the trees. But whatever, I can replace the trees.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,186

SilverGirl said:

Wonderland said:

I figured the background was more of a "serving suggestion" and that it was meant to be inspired by ones found in the city, although I've seen reasonably similar ones in the suburban community parks around here. I more thought the trees were a weird choice... by the time it's consistently cold enough to flood a skating rink and get it to hold up, there are not going to be that many colored leaves still on the trees. But whatever, I can replace the trees.

I am pretty certain that there is no trees included in the product. To me it looks like only the skating area and the area right next to it. 

felis said:

SilverGirl said:

Wonderland said:

I am pretty certain that there is no trees included in the product. To me it looks like only the skating area and the area right next to it. 

Yeah, description is misleading, then (sorry, brain didn't process all of original post... it's been a day), though I still stand by the fact that a skating rink is not "ideal" for fall renders. Even here in MN we have to go to indoor rinks until actual winter. Snowfall =/= ability to outdoor skate.

• Nothing is working at the moment see the screenshots, even tried hard refresh

Daz Main page not working 2024-09-05 064257.jpg
    3796 x 1803 - 812K
    Daz LD not working 2024-09-05 064618.jpg
    3796 x 1852 - 784K
    Daz Fastgrab not working 2024-09-05 064451.jpg
    3802 x 1806 - 368K
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,205

Halcon Bluesky said:

Nothing is working at the moment see the screenshots, even tried hard refresh

Same here 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,832

butterflyfish said:

Halcon Bluesky said:

Nothing is working at the moment see the screenshots, even tried hard refresh

Same here 

The store looks OK to me. Thumbnails for products are loading quickly.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,205

working again here

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 79
    edited September 4

Still not working here... And it's not my Internet connection problem... I tried on the mobile and it doesn't work either.

EDIT: and, now, it's back.

Post edited by rokkr on
  • butterflyfish said:

working again here

Just started to work here also. 

• Yes, everything is back as usual laugh

• Since the beginning of this PA sale, I've spent something (store credit, of which I still have a lot left) each day. And most days that something has been a decent amount of credit. I am one of those that find difficult not buying with high discounts. I'm sure I have many products in my library that I won't ever render most likely.

As for lightning deals, I like them and I often find things that I end up buying there, again, if only for the very low prices one can get sometimes. Since I started watching them, I've got very good deals on more or less recent products a few times.

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 504

Spent way too much over the last few days but I think I'm finally ready to ART as I have all the materials I need now......

Well apart from the 1548 items in my wishlist! 

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,490

Wonderland said:

The file list does include one hdr file.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,034

I have had awesome LD offers for G9 stuff frequently, I actualy passed up the Ghengis bundle 95% off yesterday as sadly spent too much this week already

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited September 5

I thought I wasn't familiar with the artist JeffersonAF, but I actually own a tree pack of theirs and have several of their environments on my WL. That's a pretty little garden for sale. My only critique is I wish the cat statues were a little more detailed.

https://www.daz3d.com/my-secret-garden

Post edited by Calliope23 on

Calliope23 said:

I thought I wasn't familiar with the artist JeffersonAF, but I actually own a tree pack of theirs and have several of their environments on my WL. That's a pretty little garden for sale. My only critique is I wish the cat statues were a little more detailed.

Yup, that one's a winner for me, too... convenient, since my previous GT item just fell off the 3-day run. I think I'll remove the cat statues, though, because they don't make sense for what I want it for, and I need to make the path silver instead of stone. But hey, that's the beauty of shaders! It's a great base and I look forward to playing in it.

And I can finally get https://www.daz3d.com/or3d-90s-audio-gadgets-bundle, which has been on my wishlist for-freaking-ever. 

edited September 5

SilverGirl said:

Yup, that one's a winner for me, too... convenient, since my previous GT item just fell off the 3-day run. I think I'll remove the cat statues, though, because they don't make sense for what I want it for, and I need to make the path silver instead of stone. But hey, that's the beauty of shaders! It's a great base and I look forward to playing in it.

And I can finally get https://www.daz3d.com/or3d-90s-audio-gadgets-bundle, which has been on my wishlist for-freaking-ever. 

Cassette tapes! Omg. That brings back memories, lol. Nice find smiley

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389

Calliope23 said:

SilverGirl said:

Yep. But there needs to be a set with 8 track tapes and players 

Robert Freise said:

Calliope23 said:

SilverGirl said:

I've yet to run across one of those... mostly stuff from that era seems to focus on vinyl. I was super jazzed to find such a nice walkman in the set I linked... I've seen a couple portable CD players but none for cassettes. (I've found cassettes and various boom boxes, but that's been the only walkman.)

Going to have to mess with the headphones to make them the standard corded sort, though. I don't think I knew anyone who had cordless back then.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792

murgatroyd314 said:

Wonderland said:

How did you find a file list before purchasing? The HDRI is listed as snowy cemetery! Weird.

SilverGirl said:

Robert Freise said:

Calliope23 said:

SilverGirl said:

I've yet to run across one of those... mostly stuff from that era seems to focus on vinyl. I was super jazzed to find such a nice walkman in the set I linked... I've seen a couple portable CD players but none for cassettes. (I've found cassettes and various boom boxes, but that's been the only walkman.)

Going to have to mess with the headphones to make them the standard corded sort, though. I don't think I knew anyone who had cordless back then.

I found this when searching for retro electronics. The walkman included with the outfit has corded headphones:

https://www.daz3d.com/ajc-dream-doll-outfit-for-genesis-9

I haven't seen 8-track tapes anywhere!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010
    edited September 5

Wonderland said:

murgatroyd314 said:

Wonderland said:

How did you find a file list before purchasing? The HDRI is listed as snowy cemetery! Weird.

Even the free version of DazDeals puts a link to readme-page on the Product Page, and in the readme one can find a link to filelist.

Although for me DazDeals is not currently working on Chrome, but the same Chrome-plugin does work in Opera.

Post edited by PerttiA on

Calliope23 said:

SilverGirl said:

I found this when searching for retro electronics. The walkman included with the outfit has corded headphones:

https://www.daz3d.com/ajc-dream-doll-outfit-for-genesis-9

I haven't seen 8-track tapes anywhere!

Oh hey! Nice find! I bet I could kitbash those together appropriately. And bonus roller blades, which I'd been meaning to get around to looking for. Thanks!

You're welcome! smiley

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792

PerttiA said:

Wonderland said:

murgatroyd314 said:

Wonderland said:

Even the free version of DazDeals puts a link to readme-page on the Product Page, and in the readme one can find a link to filelist.

Although for me DazDeals is not currently working on Chrome, but the same Chrome-plugin does work in Opera.

Oh, I do all my shopping on an iPad which is incompatible with DazDeals. Especially now because I fractured my foot and am mostly in bed with my foot raised on pillows. I take forever shopping here, like to be relaxed and get away from the computer and it's easier to see details on my iPad Pro with the ability to zoom in. But I hadn't thought to check DazDealz on the computer since they took everything I used away like sort by percentage off.