There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,634

Hmm, No big Labor Day sale this year. sad

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited September 2

Cool fairy shapes. I like P3Design's stuff a lot. smiley Need caffeine before putting together a cart ...

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

There's always another sale. That's a real problem for me, probably for a lot of you. I get all spendy, needing the stuff or not. This PA sale is actually not too bad. I've been slowly buying down my WL.Haven't added much to it with the new releases. Not much I need there, but the older stuff is getting my attention. There is really no problem, for the most part, getting G2, G3, or G8 content onto G9, and a lot of it can be had pretty cheaply. Even this current DAZ+ deal with up to 70% additional off gives some great prices an stuff I passed on before. Have to be careful though or I won't have anything to buy at the upcoming DAZ+ Sale. 

• StoicStoic Posts: 133

Love the fairy shaping kit.
    Does anyone know which product has the wings from the promo photos since they don't seem to be included in this.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

Charlie Judge said:

ArtAngel said:

Bunyip02 said:

Charlie Judge said:

Cris Palomino said:

SilverGirl said:

Oh poo. The 30% off orange banner went away. :(

The only thing that changes with it is that a user has to own 30 items from TODAY's Featured Artists, not any artist, for the banner to appear, as I understand it.

I own hundreds of items from TODAY's featured artists and I don't have the banner  any more either.. However, I do appear to be getting both 30% off for owning a Golden ticket item and another 30% off probobaly for owning more than 30 items from today's featured artists. This gives me a 71% discount on "still new" releases in my cart .

Just opened DIM and the 30 Gets You 30! is written across the top.

IMHO, it's impossible to own 30 items from an artist who only has 21 products for sale. I own 3,313 items from features artists and the DIM banner is not in our our message box and is, as I suspected, not working

What are you trying to purchase that it isn't working on? Even though I don't have the banner anymore in my messages, I am getting 71% off for "Still New" releases which seems about right for both the 30% golden ticket and the 30% '30 gets you 30' offers.

Thanks for the correction. I caught your post late last night, and was able to do a quick checkout before 11pm my time. Yesterday was the monthly day I give all the dogs and cats flea treatment. I bought a Gift card with a new and still new, and in my haste I forgot I had removed the tokens which made the price higher and assumed the 30% was a no go, (did a post reporting it ha ha ha) and disappeared to face the music. The dogs wer easy, no towel wraps needed. Some semi-feral cats were a challenge and a half for the application (a two person job). A couple of feline recues, will have to be treated with an edible tablet, but sadly that only works for 24 hours and I can only trick them with tuna. So thanks I managed to scoop up a few things I needed and a couple of wants. Did two hasty checkouts. A  twelve item cart at 11:54 and a second cart (only time to add one item) at 11.59 DAZ time LOL. Felt like one of those people in an "all you can fill your cart in ten minutes  shopping spree".

1.JPG
    356 x 753 - 26K
    2.JPG
    327 x 638 - 23K
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,095
    edited September 2

Stoic said:

Does anyone know which product has the wings from the promo photos since they don't seem to be included in this.

Maybe the one from this outfit and its textures addon, they at least look close:

https://www.daz3d.com/pixyled-outfit-for-genesis-9

https://www.daz3d.com/the-look-fairy-shaping-kit-for-genesis-9-feminine

Post edited by Elor on
  • StoicStoic Posts: 133

Elor said:

Stoic said:

Maybe the one from this outfit and its textures addon, they at least look close:

https://www.daz3d.com/pixyled-outfit-for-genesis-9

https://www.daz3d.com/the-look-fairy-shaping-kit-for-genesis-9-feminine

Thanks! smiley

edited September 2

daveso said:

There's always another sale. That's a real problem for me, probably for a lot of you. I get all spendy, needing the stuff or not. This PA sale is actually not too bad. I've been slowly buying down my WL.Haven't added much to it with the new releases. Not much I need there, but the older stuff is getting my attention. There is really no problem, for the most part, getting G2, G3, or G8 content onto G9, and a lot of it can be had pretty cheaply. Even this current DAZ+ deal with up to 70% additional off gives some great prices an stuff I passed on before. Have to be careful though or I won't have anything to buy at the upcoming DAZ+ Sale. 

Yes, getting all spendy is a real problem for me!

And speaking of which Maddelirium's store is on back on sale for those who may have missed it before like I did ... That artist has some really nice fairy-type characters:

https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result?pp=40&q=Maddelirium&s=score&p=1&guid=

Actually all featured artists are back today.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389

Calliope23 said:

daveso said:

Yes, getting all spendy is a real problem for me!

And speaking of which Maddelirium's store is on back on sale for those who may have missed it before like I did ... That artist has some really nice fairy-type characters:

https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result?pp=40&q=Maddelirium&s=score&p=1&guid=

Actually all featured artists are back today.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just went and got the last 11 I didn't have for $39.01

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

where's the Labor Day sale?

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 716

daveso said:

where's the Labor Day sale?

Yeah I'd hoped for something mid-day, but apparently not.

Ah well. Still doing pretty well with some cart gymnastics with just the GT and the 30 off 30; thank goodness for double token Monday that if I split things up I have some tokens to work with, too.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,153

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

I feel for you @Torquinox. I am also not seeing much I want, at the right time/price for me. Historically, PA sales have either been bad-to-meh or Amazing! **for me** for some reason.

That said, I do have some things carted, mostly older but some recent. Just holding off in case there's some Labor Day coupon or flash sale that drops later. Or maybe LD finally offers something cool. Other items have piqued my interest but aren't a good deal, IMO, usually due to buy-in requirements. Those get wishlisted for Another ( wishlist) Sale.

A number of my new wishlistees are DOs. I'm hoping that Daz will repeat one of last year's December promos, where each day you could pick Free Item A or $3 Item B. Unlike LDs, the algorithm usually offered wishlisted models, if you had DOs within the parameters. Yeah, 2 days into the PA sale, I am thinking about fall/holiday sales...

Thank you so much! I think we're in the same boat. I don't thing we're getting anything special for Labor Day. That said, there are a fair number of older PA items turning up at  90% off in my cart. I'm going to throw in my pa coupon, get some tokens, finish up that way for now. I suspect this sale will have a big wrap up. We'll see. Then Daz+ sale and the holidays... free stuff: GOOD! Holidays tend to beat up my wallet. surprise

• Torquinox said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

I feel for you @Torquinox. I am also not seeing much I want, at the right time/price for me. Historically, PA sales have either been bad-to-meh or Amazing! **for me** for some reason.

That said, I do have some things carted, mostly older but some recent. Just holding off in case there's some Labor Day coupon or flash sale that drops later. Or maybe LD finally offers something cool. Other items have piqued my interest but aren't a good deal, IMO, usually due to buy-in requirements. Those get wishlisted for Another ( wishlist) Sale.

A number of my new wishlistees are DOs. I'm hoping that Daz will repeat one of last year's December promos, where each day you could pick Free Item A or $3 Item B. Unlike LDs, the algorithm usually offered wishlisted models, if you had DOs within the parameters. Yeah, 2 days into the PA sale, I am thinking about fall/holiday sales...

Thank you so much! I think we're in the same boat. I don't thing we're getting anything special for Labor Day. That said, there are a fair number of older PA items turning up at  90% off in my cart. I'm going to throw in my pa coupon, get some tokens, finish up that way for now. I suspect this sale will have a big wrap up. We'll see. Then Daz+ sale and the holidays... free stuff: GOOD! Holidays tend to beat up my wallet. surprise

Me not finding many items I must. Have. NOW is probably for the best as we had some unexpected expenses come up so I don't have as nearly as much hobby money as I'd originally planned for early September. Oh well, a lot of people have been finding the second half of the big sales to be better, & the very end of the summer Daz+ sale was pretty good for me, so maybe that will happen with this sale.

edited September 3

I'm finding so much I want on sale that I just need to drop my wallet and Back Slowly Away From the Computer. indecision

@daveso is right. There is Always Another Sale.

One thing that looks like it would be a wise purchase is this:

https://www.daz3d.com/n-g-s-anagenessis-2-revolution

I don't see it on sale very often, and I could get it for less than $5. Hmm.

Calliope23 said:

I'm finding so much I want on sale that I just need to drop my wallet and Back Slowly Away From the Computer. indecision

Thanks for that call-out... I haven't seen that before, but it looks like it could be handy.  In the cart it goes.

... Meanwhile, LD is VERY convinced that I really ought to buy a this set of accent tables. ( https://www.daz3d.com/accent-tables ) -- It's come up at least four times since the PA sale started.

Now, they seem nice enough and all, but the number of accent tables I already have from various environment sets is more than I will ever use. So no, not even for 46 cents, I do not want the (bleeping) accent tables.

(On the other hand, at least it's not throwing more skimpwear at me?)

edited September 3

Rofl. I actually have those accent tables, at least it seems I've purchased them, although I have no recollection of doing so. I have noticed things are showing up for purchase in LD that have been offered for free in the Freebies section before. And right now my LD's are offering me free skimpwear from the Freebies section. Don't know why a free item is in LD's.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

That is an item that has been on my wishlist near 2 years. I always wonder how useful it is and end up skipping it. Maybe tomorrow, having a hard time pulling trigger, but highly enticed with all the AM stuff at really decent prices. Don't ask why I need a giant anteater, cause I don't know other than I would finally be able to render one! Rofl
    edited September 3

Everyone needs a giant anteater! Rofl. I talked myself down from ALL AM's rabbits to just a basic few, but man that bundle looks nice. There's even a Continental Giant rabbit!

My concern with the https://www.daz3d.com/n-g-s-anagenessis-2-revolution

would be that I'm too much of a newb to use it correctly or understand how it is used. I have a fondness for pre-IRAY older generation characters and making them look good again sounds cool, but like I said, newb.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,833

Calliope23 said:

Everyone needs a giant anteater! Rofl. I talked myself down from ALL AM's rabbits to just a basic few, but man that bundle looks nice. There's even a Continental Giant rabbit!

would be that I'm too much of a newb to use it correctly or understand how it is used. I have a fondness for pre-IRAY older generation characters and making them look good again sounds cool, but like I said, newb.

newb? Your Daz profile says you joined in 2006!

Calliope23 said:

I im in the same newb boat. But I got it anyway, because I figure I'll eventually grow into it.

So much of the stuff on my higher-priority list seems like the recent best prices listed on Daz Dealz are last September... some of it's even been on my list since I started at the end of last October. And today I've got a GT, a 30-off-30, and 8 tokens (rare for me), so... I figure if it's part of the featured artists and I think it's likely I'm going to want it in the next year, now's the time. I'm still in the process of gathering the utilities and pieces I need for my more common settings, so I remind myself that once I have them set up, that's pretty durable as far as having a box checked. So, like... I only need to make that room once... but I can't really render in it until I have it made.

Maybe some of the DO's will be even cheaper next month... but I got a flaming good deal on them now, and I can have an easier time figuring out what picture to make next if I don't keep running into "...oh, but I don't have X yet. Crud."

edited September 3

@barbult Yes. For about a year DAZ Studio sat on my computer collecting proverbial dust as I looked at the program in perplexity, and then I started playing around with it in ernest in 2007. But I don't feel like I've sat down and truly learned it as some people have, watched youtube tutorials, gone through the tutorials in the program itself. I feel like if I pulled myself away from playing on-line RPG's I might actually be able to learn DAZ Studio to its full potential. Or my full potential. It's only as good as its user.

@SilverGirl That is a good point.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,833

Calliope23 said:

@barbult Yes. For about a year DAZ Studio sat on my computer collecting proverbial dust as I looked at the program in perplexity, and then I started playing around with it in ernest in 2007. But I don't feel like I've sat down and truly learned it as some people have, watched youtube tutorials, gone through the tutorials in the program itself. I feel like if I pulled myself away from playing on-line RPG's I might actually be able to learn DAZ Studio to its full potential. Or my full potential. It's only as good as its user.

You have 30 days to try it and return it if you don't think you will be able to use it. But, of course that means you will have to discipline yourself to try it within those 30 days. We all get distracted by the next thing. 

barbult said:

Calliope23 said:

You have 30 days to try it and return it if you don't think you will be able to use it. But, of course that means you will have to discipline yourself to try it within those 30 days. We all get distracted by the next thing. 

@barbult Thank you. That is also a good point. smiley

Calliope23 said:

But I don't feel like I've sat down and truly learned it as some people have, watched youtube tutorials, gone through the tutorials in the program itself. I feel like if I pulled myself away from playing on-line RPG's I might actually be able to learn DAZ Studio to its full potential. Or my full potential. It's only as good as its user.

I super envy the people who have the time and brainpower to sit down and learn how it all works more comprehensively than the slap-dash way I'm doing it. There's probably less frustration involved, and better results sooner, if you get a handle on the progran before you just start slamming yourself into it like a moth into a window, but... well, call me Moth Woman, I guess LOL. My stuff's finally starting to turn out well enough that I've got a tidy rotation of desktop wallpapers that all make me smile when they come up, though, and I went from "why oh why is this whole thing so dark when the environment says 'pre-lit'???" last November to "oooh that rim light rig makes them look like gods... cooool....." a couple weeks ago, so... imagine where I'll be in another ten months!

SilverGirl said:

Calliope23 said:

But I don't feel like I've sat down and truly learned it as some people have, watched youtube tutorials, gone through the tutorials in the program itself. I feel like if I pulled myself away from playing on-line RPG's I might actually be able to learn DAZ Studio to its full potential. Or my full potential. It's only as good as its user.

I super envy the people who have the time and brainpower to sit down and learn how it all works more comprehensively than the slap-dash way I'm doing it. There's probably less frustration involved, and better results sooner, if you get a handle on the progran before you just start slamming yourself into it like a moth into a window, but... well, call me Moth Woman, I guess LOL. My stuff's finally starting to turn out well enough that I've got a tidy rotation of desktop wallpapers that all make me smile when they come up, though, and I went from "why oh why is this whole thing so dark when the environment says 'pre-lit'???" last November to "oooh that rim light rig makes them look like gods... cooool....." a couple weeks ago, so... imagine where I'll be in another ten months!

Yes, I've mostly been learning through trial and error. I started out using the program to make avatars for my role playing game characters and then to illustrate mine and my gamer friends' characters. I like doing portraits the best.

Calliope23 said:

SilverGirl said:

Calliope23 said:

Yes, I've mostly been learning through trial and error. I started out using the program to make avatars for my role playing game characters and then to illustrate mine and my gamer friends' characters. I like doing portraits the best.

Thos are some cool avatars in your gallery. :)

I mostly do "slice of life" scenes at the moment. Granted, sometimes that slice involves battle with an ogre, but Mondays will be Mondays. =P 

SilverGirl said Thos are some cool avatars in your gallery. :)

I mostly do "slice of life" scenes at the moment. Granted, sometimes that slice involves battle with an ogre, but Mondays will be Mondays. =P 

Thank you very much smiley I feel like life is a daily battle with an "ogre" sometimes! I'm glad you're having fun with DAZ Studio and learning a lot!

edited September 3

Surprised no one has yet discussed Stonemason headlining today. Or a $3 Stonemason environment. It looks really nice. Tuesday is back to work day, so that's probably why, and it is late at night DAZ time.

edited September 3

Currently 2 AM here... gorgeous Stonemason environment! I don't do Steampunk or Eastern, so no use for it in my library... but for those who do it looks like it will make for some gorgeous pictures! I look forward to seeing what others do with it.

Post edited by SilverGirl on
    edited September 3

I might get this Stonemason item:

https://www.daz3d.com/winter-castle

It's only $2.00 in my cart and would make a nice environment for a snow queen (I got Maddelirium's Icleyn):

https://www.daz3d.com/mdd-icelyn-for-g8f-iray-only