There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

LD good to me only a couple of times. Mostly not good to me. I keep checking though. Maybe one day there will be something worth checking out with again. There's always another sale. 
    I've already spent my months money quota though, so I should just stay home. 

• mdingmding Posts: 1,205

Already want to give a big thank you to all PAs participating in the sale, I got so many great assets! But now I am broke, so I am out for a while, lol.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,867

The Thimor 9 Dwarven Dwelling bundle popped up in Lightning Deals for only $8.16, and with my Daz+ coupon, it came out to a scant $2.38.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

In regards to US in general... from my (limited) experience, it seems to be really great if you want "random scene containing Thing X" as long as you're not super wedded to the overall topography. If you have some very specific ideas about how you want the hills and valleys and such to go, you're going to need to [fiddle] around with height maps A LOT. 

This is not said as discouragement, but I wish I'd grasped it better when I went into the whole thing. I had some unrealistic expectations, and I'd like to save others the same frustration.

I had some of ultra scenery but have not used it yet, though, impressed with what others have done with it. I had every ultra scenery item wish listed though. With the extra 10% discount I picked up all the ultra scenery stuff and (2) on sale for 89% or more off. I skipped the Australia US2 because I already had the original.
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,282

XiousDs said:

I had some of ultra scenery but have not used it yet, though, impressed with what others have done with it. I had every ultra scenery item wish listed though. With the extra 10% discount I picked up all the ultra scenery stuff and (2) on sale for 89% or more off. I skipped the Australia US2 because I already had the original.

The sad part is that Australia US2 does require the original to run. I skipped it because I don't have it, and decided that I don't need it enough to buy the original even at the discount.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 714

joanna said:

XiousDs said:

The sad part is that Australia US2 does require the original to run. I skipped it because I don't have it, and decided that I don't need it enough to buy the original even at the discount.

It does? Urg! My brain didn't register that part of the description. Nuts. I got it mostly because I liked the violets, not because I have a need for Australia in particular.

ah well. Lesson learned. At least I already have the Pacific NW bundle, so if that gets an upgrade I'm ready to go with the one I care most about.

• SilverGirl said:

joanna said:

XiousDs said:

It does? Urg! My brain didn't register that part of the description. Nuts. I got it mostly because I liked the violets, not because I have a need for Australia in particular.

ah well. Lesson learned. At least I already have the Pacific NW bundle, so if that gets an upgrade I'm ready to go with the one I care most about.

I thought it was just me that fell foul of that... blush Bought Australia US2, skipped the US1, then realised at about 11PM (UK time at least) and decided that I liked the discount enough to ppick up the US1 version.

Well, at least the completionist in me is now happy.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

I like /Ultrascenery a lot, but it is very monotonous overall to me...the basically same terrain, the path winding, with a slight incline to a curve. over and over. Yes, you need to know how to adjust height maps maybe to change it up. Give me a path to nowhere, long and straight. It also needs some roads. Gravel, blacktop, etc to break it up some. There are some artists that can turn out much different looks though. I'm just not that skilled. Its a great buy right now.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,633

joanna said:

XiousDs said:

Not that I can see. It says it requires the two Australia Botonica products (which were also rquired by the original) but I don't see where it requires the original itself.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,091

Pax Asteriae said:

I thought it was just me that fell foul of that... blush Bought Australia US2, skipped the US1, then realised at about 11PM (UK time at least) and decided that I liked the discount enough to ppick up the US1 version.

As far as I understand UltraScenery2, we don't need Australia US1 to use Australia US2 but we do need the plants from the two Botanica products linked as requirements (the same way people buying Australia US1 needs to buy the two Botanica products).

It's just that it's cheaper to buy the bundle with Australia US1 and the two Botanica products than buying only the two Botanica products.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,832
    Elor said:

Pax Asteriae said:

As far as I understand UltraScenery2, we don't need Australia US1 to use Australia US2 but we do need the plants from the two Botanica products linked as requirements (the same way people buying Australia US1 needs to buy the two Botanica products).

It's just that it's cheaper to buy the bundle with Australia US1 and the two Botanica products than buying only the two Botanica products.

That is correct.
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,312
    edited September 9

The original Ultrascenery packages required the underlying vegetation props, as do the USC2 versions. For instance, Australia:

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--australia

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery2--australia

Note here that both require the "Australia Botanica - Understorey" and "Australia Botanica - Trees and Shrubs" in addition to the base Ultrascenery/Ultrascenery product. Back at the time, I bought the various bundles, like this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/australia-botanica--bundle

which included the props and the then-new add-on to Ultrascenery.

Having bought that, I just needed to pick up the new USC2 add-on for Australia, which uses those same vegetation sets. But if you hadn't gotten those required plant products in the past, you'd need to get them now to use this new add-on.

(And yes, the add-ons to the original Ultrascenery can be used in Ultrascenery 2, just without some of the new USC2 features.)

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,282

Charlie Judge said:

joanna said:

XiousDs said:

Not that I can see. It says it requires the two Australia Botonica products (which were also rquired by the original) but I don't see where it requires the original itself.

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. 

Having the number of items on sales right next to the name of each PA is a great idea and it is a useful information to know if a PA we like has their whole store in sales or only the part done in cooperation with another one smiley

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 79

Look what the cat dragged in again... That banner about cookies saying: "We use essential cookies to make our site work. With your consent, we may also use non-essential cookies to improve user experience, personalize content, customize advertisements, and analyze website traffic. For these reasons, we may share your site usage data with our advertising and analytics partners. By clicking 'Accept,' you agree to store on your device all the technologies described in our Cookie Policy. You can change your cookie settings at any time by clicking 'Preferences.'"

I know there's this "fix", that is, logging out/logging in, but: 1) sometimes it works and sometimes not; 2) I don't think I should be the one trying to fix this. Moreover, there's a problem I believe is related to that, that is, assets that I already bought but, when I open their pages, it's not marked as purchased. For instance, the "Hoop Earrings Collection for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females", I bought it yesterday, it shows on my product library, but, when I opened its page, it's not marked as purchased (neither it nor any of its subitems). It's not a problem about using it -- as I said, it shows up on my product library and I can download them --, what concerns me is, since this usually happens to new items (I've seen this happening with older purchases but, in those cases, the issue is usually fixed when I reload the page), is buying them two times and don't notice it. It won't be very pleasant if I have to verify every item of my orders in my product library to check if I already bought them. I've got a good memory, but there are many items in my library and I don't remember all of them by heart. For instance, I just noticed many duplicate items in my today's order (because I've bought some Sveva's items yesterday, but, since I presumed they would still be available today; trusting that items I've already bought wouldn't show up, I just clicked on her promo page and started selecting items of my interest -- lo and behold, many of them were already bought; now I've got to double-check every one of them).

• And now I'm getting logged out even though I'm not supposed to be 

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580

Do the "extra N%" discounts (shown in banners based on past purchases) work for more than a single day/purchas? The banner text says "any of today's...", so I wasn't sure...which means I've been sitting on mine and not using it waiting on the ideal moment! :-P If it works throughout the sale...I may be less prudent. ;)

As long as you own at least 30 products from a day featured artists, you'll have the orange banner and get an extra 30% on all your purchases that day.

edited September 10

Overdrawn said:

Do the "extra N%" discounts (shown in banners based on past purchases) work for more than a single day/purchas? The banner text says "any of today's...", so I wasn't sure...which means I've been sitting on mine and not using it waiting on the ideal moment! :-P If it works throughout the sale...I may be less prudent. ;)

The 30% for owning 30 or more purchases works more than once and has been available everyday of the PA sale. However, the featured artists change from day; so it is possible that on some given day you may not qualify becacause you don't own 30 featured artists items. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 79

Charlie Judge said:

Overdrawn said:

The 30% for owning 30 or more purchases works more than once and has been available everyday of the PA sale. However, the featured artists change from day; so it is possible that on some given day you may not qualify becacause you don't own 30 featured artists items. 

Are Featured Artists only those with a thumbnail, or do all those listed in the section "Published Artist List" count as featured artists? One could say it's obvious that only those with a thumbnail are "Featured Artists" but, when you click on the button "View All Artist Items" under the "Featured Artists Stores", you go to a page wherein the number of artists is greater than those with thumbnails only (I guess it's the same number there is on the "Published Artist List" though I never counted it myself), thus, the reason of my doubt.

• rokkr said:

Charlie Judge said:

Overdrawn said:

Are Featured Artists only those with a thumbnail, or do all those listed in the section "Published Artist List" count as featured artists? One could say it's obvious that only those with a thumbnail are "Featured Artists" but, when you click on the button "View All Artist Items" under the "Featured Artists Stores", you go to a page wherein the number of artists is greater than those with thumbnails only (I guess it's the same number there is on the "Published Artist List" though I never counted it myself), thus, the reason of my doubt.

It may also be that the extras work with the Featured Artists and so have their joint products in the list.

edited September 10

rokkr said:

Charlie Judge said:

Overdrawn said:

Only the "Featured Artists", ie those listed in that section, ie the one with thumbnail images. The ones listed in the "Published Artist" section don't count. 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,156

daveso said:

I like /Ultrascenery a lot, but it is very monotonous overall to me...the basically same terrain, the path winding, with a slight incline to a curve. over and over. Yes, you need to know how to adjust height maps maybe to change it up. Give me a path to nowhere, long and straight. It also needs some roads. Gravel, blacktop, etc to break it up some. There are some artists that can turn out much different looks though. I'm just not that skilled. Its a great buy right now.

I would love some more path options. Straight road on one side of the road on one side of the map instead of the middle. Crossroads, T-intersection, path or road splitting in Y-shape, straight raised path for railroad, etc.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 325

Big chunk of Sixsus1 items seem to already have been in the store. I even had some wishlisted for a while. Is this reintroduction of artist that has left before?

They seem to be 'new' items (as in old ones transferred from another store) but Daz store doesn't offer sorting items by SKU, so you'll have to look for them specifically.

• Yeah, the tile says "adds hundreds of items" but clicking the shop now brings up 183 total when I uncheck the hide-already-owned items, and I recognize a lot of the unowned ones, so... guess that's "Daz hundreds."

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,435

So, we get the Eden Bundle the day after Eden was the Golden Ticket item. Is that how Marketing is supposed to boost sales? Buy it twice?

edited September 12

NorthOf45 said:

So, we get the Eden Bundle the day after Eden was the Golden Ticket item. Is that how Marketing is supposed to boost sales? Buy it twice?

Well, there is an orange banner discount that is about equal to yesrterday's cost of Eden for having bought her yesterday.  So, I guess that is fair

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 325
    edited September 12

Charlie Judge said:

NorthOf45 said:

Well, there is an orange banner discount that is about equal to yesrterday's cost of Eden for having bought her yesterday.  So, I guess that is fair

Yeah, I was getting ready to writing a wee rant about this, but then logged in and seen the banner.

Post edited by Tomhip on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,435

Tomhip said:

Charlie Judge said:

NorthOf45 said:

Yeah I was getting readdy to writing a wee rant baout this, but then logged in and seen the banner.

Hmph. Didn't even look at the banner, it has always been the 30 for 30 deal. (It still doesn't display properly on the forum pages)