There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 1,091
    edited September 3

SilverGirl said:

Currently 2 AM here... gorgeous Stonemason environment! I don't do Steampunk or Eastern, so no use for it in my library... but for those who do it looks like it will make for some gorgeous pictures! I look forward to seeing what others do with it.

You can hide the pipes easily:

Stonemason said:

For this one just set the "pipes" material cutout to zero 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8850241/#Comment_8850241

Edit: sorry, I stopped reading after Steampunk blush and my brain didn't register the 'or Eastern' part… Hiding the pipes won't solve that.

Post edited by Elor on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Easy to go overboard today... Current cart 28 items for $51.65 at 94% off (with 8 tokens and the 6off18 coupon)

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited September 3

I've got the Kala 9 HD bundle in LD's for under $10. I have Kala 8 and like her aesthetic a little better, but the Kala 9 HD Bundle has some nice clothes for G9.

https://www.daz3d.com/kala-9-hd-bundle

@PerttiA Sounds like you have some nice deals. Easy to go overboard indeed. smiley

Kala 9 looks awesome, but I think I'll give it a pass this time. I was just thinking I'd want the texture sets to the outfits, and all of a sudden I'm buying a lot more than just the bundle.

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,831

Calliope23 said:

I might get this Stonemason item:

https://www.daz3d.com/winter-castle

It's only $2.00 in my cart and would make a nice environment for a snow queen (I got Maddelirium's Icleyn):

https://www.daz3d.com/mdd-icelyn-for-g8f-iray-only

Those should make a beautiful render.

edited September 3

barbult said:

Calliope23 said:

I might get this Stonemason item:

https://www.daz3d.com/winter-castle

It's only $2.00 in my cart and would make a nice environment for a snow queen (I got Maddelirium's Icleyn):

https://www.daz3d.com/mdd-icelyn-for-g8f-iray-only

Those should make a beautiful render.

@barbult Thanks, I hope so smiley It would give me practice using environments, because so far most of my renders have a 2D background.

As far as Indian characters, I love Pix Prisha for Gen 8 Female even more than Kala 8. Some people have done lovely renders of Pix Prisha in the galleries. I may re-do my portrait with a better outfit for her.

https://www.daz3d.com/pix-prisha-hd-for-genesis-8-female

Also, a heads up that this is on sale. I can't speak to how well it works, since I've never tried it, but apparently it allows Gen 9 clothes to be worn by previous generations.

https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-genesis-9-clones-for-all

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

Currently 2 AM here... gorgeous Stonemason environment! I don't do Steampunk or Eastern, so no use for it in my library... but for those who do it looks like it will make for some gorgeous pictures! I look forward to seeing what others do with it.

The way I see it, is you don't until you do. I have gotten a bunch of stuff cheap that I probably won't use, but if something comes up that I want to, then I am ready and not having to skip a meal to pick it up at near full price. Lol. New Stonemason for $2.99 is about as good as it gets.
  • MissLeahMissLeah Posts: 49

XiousDs said:

SilverGirl said:

The way I see it, is you don't until you do. I have gotten a bunch of stuff cheap that I probably won't use, but if something comes up that I want to, then I am ready and not having to skip a meal to pick it up at near full price. Lol. New Stonemason for $2.99 is about as good as it gets.

OMG, yes. I deal with that 'I don't really need this' until I very much do, ALL THE TIME. But this Stonemason set is definitely something I need. I do both Eastern AND Steampunk. I didn't even look at the promo shots before it went into my cart. Stonemason for $3? **** YES!

This sale is beating up my wallet big time. Not complaining at the insane deals I've been putting together on stuff I actually want, but yikes. September will be expensive if it keeps going like it has. I'm excited each morning to see what's new and on sale, but my bank account is cowering in fear. laugh

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774
    edited September 3

its pretty rare to find a Stonemason product for $3, that's for sure. I was a little wondering about the steampunk aspect, which appears to just add a bunch of pipes to Eastern style buildings, but turning them off is that simple as stated above, yeah, its a great deal. I got spendy yesterday, well not that much, but it gave me 8 tokens. 2nd time I've had that many since this token gig started.  Now what's on sale? I'm on it. Guess I have 4 days or so.

BTW, there's always another sale. 

Post edited by daveso on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 714

Elor said:

SilverGirl said:

You can hide the pipes easily:

Stonemason said:

For this one just set the "pipes" material cutout to zero 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8850241/#Comment_8850241

Edit: sorry, I stopped reading after Steampunk blush and my brain didn't register the 'or Eastern' part… Hiding the pipes won't solve that.

LOL nope, not really. I went through all the promo shots trying to justify it for kitbash purposes, but I really just actively dislike both of those genres. So no matter how pretty and well crafted and hekkin' good deal it is, it makes more sense to spend that $3 on something that I would use.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792

Calliope23 said:

Everyone needs a giant anteater! Rofl. I talked myself down from ALL AM's rabbits to just a basic few, but man that bundle looks nice. There's even a Continental Giant rabbit!

My concern with the https://www.daz3d.com/n-g-s-anagenessis-2-revolution

would be that I'm too much of a newb to use it correctly or understand how it is used. I have a fondness for pre-IRAY older generation characters and making them look good again sounds cool, but like I said, newb.

It's very easy to use and indispensable if you want to use pre-iRay skin. I definitely recommend it!

Calliope23 said:

Everyone needs a giant anteater! Rofl. I talked myself down from ALL AM's rabbits to just a basic few, but man that bundle looks nice. There's even a Continental Giant rabbit!

would be that I'm too much of a newb to use it correctly or understand how it is used. I have a fondness for pre-IRAY older generation characters and making them look good again sounds cool, but like I said, newb.

It's very easy to use and indispensable if you want to use pre-iRay skin. I definitely recommend it!

So is it really just useful for things that don't have iray skins? I mean like if I am using all gen8 and gen 9 stuff with a 4090 gpu for rendering is their any reason to use it? Or is it just good if you want to be able to essentially be able to have a lot of highly detailed looking skins on many figures simultaneously but with out the size being taken up of a bunch of stacked 4k maps?
    MissLeah said:

XiousDs said:

SilverGirl said:

OMG, yes. I deal with that 'I don't really need this' until I very much do, ALL THE TIME. But this Stonemason set is definitely something I need. I do both Eastern AND Steampunk. I didn't even look at the promo shots before it went into my cart. Stonemason for $3? **** YES!

This sale is beating up my wallet big time. Not complaining at the insane deals I've been putting together on stuff I actually want, but yikes. September will be expensive if it keeps going like it has. I'm excited each morning to see what's new and on sale, but my bank account is cowering in fear. laugh

There have been some pretty decent sales, but so far I have just stuck to buying the golden ticket items during the pa sale. I was very tempted on Monday with the bonus 50% off on daz+ items, but with daz+ sale right around the corner I decided to wait unless they continued that discount on Tuesday too. Right now, not getting a bunch of AMs old animals is the biggest thing bugging me, but I am trying to save my credit for later cause once I go for 8 tokens, it means I will buy a lot.
  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 79

netask said:

rokkr said:

Cybersox said:

rokkr said:

The day Daz allows me to filter my wishlist to show only products on sale (preferably, excluding items with only the standard -30% of Daz Originals for Prime Members, and also Daz+ items), I'll throw a party (and, probably, they'll throw one too because they'll get more money -- the fact I have to browse my entire wishlist won't make me buy more products; on the opposite, it'll probably make me miss products I'd buy, therefore, buying less).

I'm afraid that they've made that pretty much an impossible goal by having so many sales that are contingent on either buying certain orther products, on buying a certain number of products, using a coupon or one-shot promotional code, receving a special offer not offered to all customers, or any combination of the preceding.  Short of DAZ chucking just about everything about the entire store, the best thing we've got is the DAZ Deals add-on, which at least allows you to see the discount percentage and to display just wish list items in a specific sale. 

If there were a button, like, "show only items on active sales" (ignoring the standard Daz + 30% for DOs and the specific Daz+ items, would help a lot. Even if there were only a band like there are on the new items, would be a lot better. I know sale items have the discount on the right bottom, and scanning for those items with discounts is what I do, but with a band on the pics, I could know the item is on sale and which item is. One eye movement instead of two. Would save me a lot of time. I skimmed through 46 pages of my 134-page wishlist, and I looked at certain artists I like most, but I can't do that every day this month... I think I'll just take another look at my wishlist, take note of the items I want, and wait for them to be on sale. Hope I don't miss anything...

Daz+ is more expensive during the promotion period. It’s a really strange design,the promotion page and wish list really need more detailed classification options, at least categories .

On the topic of wishlist filtering, I had a better idea: instead of filtering on my wishlist page, if there were a button "show only items on my wishlist" on every sale listing (for instance, today we have https://www.daz3d.com/all-totally-tuesday-artists), the effect would be the same, and probably it would be easier to implement.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

what will the next GT bring? 

XiousDs said:

Wonderland said:

Calliope23 said:

So is it really just useful for things that don't have iray skins? I mean like if I am using all gen8 and gen 9 stuff with a 4090 gpu for rendering is their any reason to use it? Or is it just good if you want to be able to essentially be able to have a lot of highly detailed looking skins on many figures simultaneously but with out the size being taken up of a bunch of stacked 4k maps?

I've only used it on pre-iRay skin which was its intended purpose. It's definitely worth it if you plan to use characters prior to G3. 

edited September 4

Yeah, the product description says it's for Genesis, Genesis 2, and Genesis 3. I was planning to see if I could get the skin to look better on older generation characters. Didn't get it in the cart quickly enough though. I was still mulling it over and got distracted looking at something else. Didn't notice the time, and now it's back up to around $50! But I will keep it on my wishlist.

Wonderland said:

I've only used it on pre-iRay skin which was its intended purpose. It's definitely worth it if you plan to use characters prior to G3. 

Do you know how does N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 compare with products like 1-Click PBR Skin or Texture Booster on older characters ?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...OK this was unexpected, Got a bunch of Stonemason sets items off my wishlist for next to nothing.   Used 5 tokens and my Daz+ PA Coupon which ended up with a number of items under 2$ with the most expensive 3.72$ and the least 73¢

So, for 25.84$ (Including the gold ticket item (which had to be purchased separately because it's a "new release") I ended up with just under 350$ worth of content for a total discount of 94%. Not bad, 

Crikey almost like the good old days again.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

kyoto kid said:

...OK this was unexpected, Got a bunch of Stonemason sets items off my wishlist for next to nothing.   Used 5 tokens and my Daz+ PA Coupon which ended up with a number of items under 2$ with the most expensive 3.72$ and the least 73¢

So, for 25.84$ (Including the gold ticket item (which had to be purchased separately because it's a "new release") I ended up with just under 350$ worth of content for a total discount of 94%. Not bad, 

Yes, yesterday was one of 'those' days yessmiley 

kyoto kid said:

I'm glad you got some good deals! smiley

• Yesterday was good for me too. I think around 10 new items mixed in with legacy stuff. Granted a couple of the items were the Daz weekly and monthly freebies, but the cart was only $40. And I'm not sure there's much legacy stuff left on my wishlist now (I've 50 pages).

• edited September 4

Calliope23 said:

kyoto kid said:

I'm glad you got some good deals! smiley

That is great! Hoping I do as well later in the month. I've got a day trip to a con this weekend, so highly motivated to resist temptation this week. (Not Today, Satan! LOL)

I AM making an exception and using my $6 off Daz+ code so I can get that $2+ Stonemason snow castle folks were talking about above - have had it wishlisted a while - plus 1 or 2 similarly discounted things I missed out last time they were on sale.

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,304
    edited September 4

Ooh yipee! I've just been offered one of those great Lightning Deals - for only $5.72 I can get ... nothing? (Annoying how the store works with Pro vs Starter bundles)

Capture.jpg
    943 x 882 - 159K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

MelanieL said:

Ooh yipee! I've just been offered one of those great Lightning Deals - for only $5.72 I can get ... nothing?

Well, you get the Starter Bundle, which means it would not appear anymore in your Lightning Deals laugh

(It's best to wait the next time Daz offers a sale where we only pay what we don't have in a bundle to get it for free)

Elor said:

MelanieL said:

Ooh yipee! I've just been offered one of those great Lightning Deals - for only $5.72 I can get ... nothing?

Well, you get the Starter Bundle, which means it would not appear anymore in your Lightning Deals laugh

(It's best to wait the next time Daz offers a sale where we only pay what we don't have in a bundle to get it for free)

Yes, I've done that for most of the Gen8 bundlles, but I've not seen any of those "pay for what you don't own" sales recently (since I started buying into Gen9) 

• Anyone want to talk about their Lightning Deals?

I haven't seen any good ones for a while. The best I got offered was https://www.daz3d.com/white-priestess-81-hd for $3+ last weekend. Sounds wonderful  - except the character just isn't for me, even though most people seem to love her. I have several G8 & (don't tell anyone!) even a couple G9 core figures wishlisted, but they never show up in my LDs. At least the algorithm seems to have figured out I'm not into fantasy-Egyptian.

I have never gotten a lightning deal with anything newer than G2. Mostly I get offers for pre-2012 items I passed on zillions of times. 

edited September 4

I don't think I've ever had anything from my Wishlist turn up on Lightning Deals. In fact I've only had 15 items in the year-or-so since it started that I felt motivated to buy and mostly they worked in some stacking deal to make them dirt cheap.

ETA: 9 of the 15 were for Gen8 or 8.1 (variously characters, hair or clothing) and 1 was Gen3, the others were environment/props. But I do get offered a lot of V4, and early Genesis too.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,384

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Anyone want to talk about their Lightning Deals?

I rarely think to check Lightning Deals and even if I do it's usually not something I'm interested in, but yesterday was pretty good for once: I got Niketa starter bundle for around $3, and a nice pair of boots for $0.60

The use of a seemingly AI description here is confusing. In the last line it mentions snow and foliage and also mentions a city environment which doesn't seem to be part of the product. I can't find anything about an included HDRI or city background. . https://www.daz3d.com/central-ice-skating-park

"Step into a winter wonderland with the Central Ice Skating Park, a meticulously designed 3D environment perfect for your seasonal scenes. Nestled in the heart of a bustling city, this modern ice rink captures the serene beauty of winter with a touch of urban flair.

The park features a sleek, covered seating area with contemporary architectural details, including exposed steel beams and large windows that allow the natural beauty of the surroundings to shine through. The ice rink itself is enclosed by a sturdy glass barrier, offering both safety and an unobstructed view of the skating action. Whether you're setting the stage for a festive holiday scene or a quiet moment of reflection in the park, the Central Ice Skating Park provides the perfect backdrop.

The changing seasons are reflected in the vivid autumn foliage and snow-covered grounds, making this versatile scene ideal for both fall and winter renders.'