Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,378
    edited September 5

Wonderland said:

PerttiA said:

Wonderland said:

murgatroyd314 said:

Wonderland said:

The use of a seemingly AI description here is confusing. In the last line it mentions snow and foliage and also mentions a city environment which doesn't seem to be part of the product. I can't find anything about an included HDRI or city background. . https://www.daz3d.com/central-ice-skating-park

The file list does include one hdr file.

How did you find a file list before purchasing? The HDRI is listed as snowy cemetery! Weird.

Even the free version of DazDeals puts a link to readme-page on the Product Page, and in the readme one can find a link to filelist.

Although for me DazDeals is not currently working on Chrome, but the same Chrome-plugin does work in Opera.

Oh, I do all my shopping on an iPad which is incompatible with DazDeals. Especially now because I fractured my foot and am mostly in bed with my foot raised on pillows. I take forever shopping here, like to be relaxed and get away from the computer and it's easier to see details on my iPad Pro with the ability to zoom in. But I hadn't thought to check DazDealz on the computer since they took everything I used away like sort by percentage off.

A simple way to access the readmes without the add-on:

URL for readmes uses this format: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/<SKU>/start

(for example http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/103048/start for the new Stonemason's set)

So you can bookmark the readme for any product to have an example saved, then when you want to access the one for another product you simply use that bookmark then change the product SKU in the URL.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530

@Wonderland I hope your foot gets better soon. That sounds painful!

• Leana said:

Wonderland said:

PerttiA said:

Wonderland said:

murgatroyd314 said:

Wonderland said:

The use of a seemingly AI description here is confusing. In the last line it mentions snow and foliage and also mentions a city environment which doesn't seem to be part of the product. I can't find anything about an included HDRI or city background. . https://www.daz3d.com/central-ice-skating-park

The file list does include one hdr file.

How did you find a file list before purchasing? The HDRI is listed as snowy cemetery! Weird.

Even the free version of DazDeals puts a link to readme-page on the Product Page, and in the readme one can find a link to filelist.

Although for me DazDeals is not currently working on Chrome, but the same Chrome-plugin does work in Opera.

Oh, I do all my shopping on an iPad which is incompatible with DazDeals. Especially now because I fractured my foot and am mostly in bed with my foot raised on pillows. I take forever shopping here, like to be relaxed and get away from the computer and it's easier to see details on my iPad Pro with the ability to zoom in. But I hadn't thought to check DazDealz on the computer since they took everything I used away like sort by percentage off.

A simple way to access the readmes without the add-on:

URL for readmes uses this format: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/<SKU>/start

(for example http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/103048/start for the new Stonemason's set)

So you can bookmark the readme for any product to have an example saved, then when you want to access the one for another product you simply use that bookmark then change the product SKU in the URL.

I usually get the doc link near the top if I search for Product + Daz. Search engine doesn't seem to matter, like Google vs. Duck Duck Go 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,763
    edited September 5

Just used my 8 tokens, DAZ DO  coupon and that is it ... not  a bad haul. I think it was 95% discount. 
    Subtotal$520.77
    Discount-$496.34
    Tax$1.35
    Store Credit-$0.00
    Grand Total$25.78

I've spent a lot in the last month, a lot of products, so that's going to have to be it. We'll see if there is a GT item that just can't be passed on, and perhaps DAZ+ sale if its better than the last few, otherwise it render time. How long can I go without buying? 
    You know, there's always another sale. 

Post edited by daveso on
  • Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530

daveso said:

Just used my 8 tokens, DAZ DO  coupon and that is it ... not  a bad haul. I think it was 95% discount. 
    Subtotal$520.77
    Discount-$496.34
    Tax$1.35
    Store Credit-$0.00
    Grand Total$25.78

I've spent a lot in the last month, a lot of products, so that's going to have to be it. We'll see if there is a GT item that just can't be passed on, and perhaps DAZ+ sale if its better than the last few, otherwise it render time. How long can I go without buying? 
    You know, there's always another sale. 

Glad you found some great deals at a reasonable price. I'm with you; I'm going to stop buying and start rendering. Happy shopping everyone! smiley

• netasknetask Posts: 18
    edited September 6

It was a crazy sale, I bought so many things, some of which didn’t even appear in the smart menu, that I completely forgot I ever bought such things...

Post edited by netask on

netask said:

It was a crazy sale, I bought so many things, some of which didn’t even appear in the smart menu, that I completely forgot I ever bought such things...

laugh  i forget most. People post advice on products for certain things, I think, wow, yeah that's nice, then I check and I already bought it.  

daveso said:

netask said:

laugh  i forget most. People post advice on products for certain things, I think, wow, yeah that's nice, then I check and I already bought it.  

Daz really have to fix this, these artworks are forgotten in corners with no chance of rendering, well...it's definitely not my faultsmiley

By the way, when does this sale end? Is this the biggest sale of the year?

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,145
    edited September 6

netask said:

Ostensibly end of month, can vary. Definitely not biggest sale of the year, but usually a pretty good sale especially for PA items.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • Still using Genesis 8 for just about everything, but there's no way I'm going to pass up Wet and Tanned Skins for Genesis 9 at that price. I doubt it will ever be 90% off ever again.

Torquinox said:

netask said:

Ostensibly end of month, can vary. Definitely not biggest sale of the year, but usually a pretty good sale especially for PA items.

Isn’t this the best sale yet!? Well, luckily there are still over a thousand items on the wish list ,I need to do some rendering to calm down.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,626
    edited September 6

netask said:

Torquinox said:

netask said:

Isn’t this the best sale yet!? Well, luckily there are still over a thousand items on the wish list ,I need to do some rendering to calm down.

There are several big sales throughout the year.

March Madness (March)

DAZ+ Summer Sale (June)

PA  Sale (September)

DAZ+ Anniverary Sale (October)

Holiday Sale (December)

The rating of which one is biggest varies from year to year depending on the how each sale is conducted. However, I personally think the December Holiday Sale is often the best. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited September 6

netask said:

Yes, render and calm down laugh

This year, March Madness finally lived up to its name for me. That was the biggest for me with the St Patty's day promo and into Easter. So far, I'm not really into this sale. I'm sure I'll get some stuff before its over, but the lack of a really good GC sale has put a damper on all of it for me. We've had GC sales. They just haven't been exciting enough for me to really break out my wallet. YMMV. Daz+ is usually noteworthy, no guarantees. Holiday sales extravaganza is usually a Very Big Deal, a blob of sales that run into and over each other culminating usually with a wild end of year party. I doubt we'll be disappointed. Just gotta be a little patient.

Post edited by Torquinox on

pretty much everything I've purchased this sale has been over 80%, many close to 90. I can't complain. This GT items are pretty decent. I've skipped a few but overall they're good. Today's is a buy for sure. 

See, it didn;t take me long to break my no buy - 1 whole day. I'm lostlaugh

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    edited September 7
    daveso said:

pretty much everything I've purchased this sale has been over 80%, many close to 90. I can't complain. This GT items are pretty decent. I've skipped a few but overall they're good. Today's is a buy for sure. 

See, it didn;t take me long to break my no buy - 1 whole day. I'm lostlaugh

So far I have bought most of the GT items. I pretty much have only skipped the ones like Z's where the $2.99 is traditionally not that amazing of a discount. Especially when there are tools like bone minion that can allow you to use a lot of old poses from previous generations with great results and for cheap. On Tuesday I got $40 in stonemason scifi stuff to get me 8 tokens. Yesterday, I used the 8 tokens on the daz original extra 20% discount and some other stuff. I got the Lianna 9 pro bundle for 93% off, snow queen pro bundle for 95% off, got a bunch of other DO items for 95% off, and I finished off my $81 cart (after PA $6 coupon) purchase with getting all of the old raw art daz dragon 3 morphs for from vampire dragon and before for 93% off equalling anywhere from $1.10-$1.32 each. I have been looking at getting those dragon morphs for well over a year now.
    Post edited by XiousDs on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,928

...ended up using both of my Daz+ coupons before the first week of the month was over. That's a rare occurrence.

Thankfully Stonemason was featured early in this event when I still had money. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 708
    edited September 7

kyoto kid said:

...ended up using both of my Daz+ coupons before the first week of the month was over. That's a rare occurrence.

Same.

Though it helps that these sales aren't all coupon-based. That's held me off using mine on a number of occasions.

This time I had a bit of a shopping spree last Monday, and it made the most sense to do two carts. Used both coupons that day, and combined with the 30-off-30, the sales on that day, the GT item, tokens, and a bunch of store credit I have left from a previous gift card sale, everything was at least 90% off, and I had a bunch in the 96-98% range. Best of all, I knocked off an *enormous* chunk of the priority items off my wishlist. (I was also weak and bought a bunch of random G9 characters because with all the stacked discounts they were running 80-90 cents each.)

It's weird. I'm actually scrolling through my WL now and going "eh, meh" to most of it. It's all pretty much either placeholders for pretty things I may never have a use for but don't want to have to find again, or on there in case there's another special like the Pot o Gold, or the holiday freebies. Better some stuff that I have a passing fancy in than a bunch of physics-defying "armor" again.

Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • Hopefully, sometime next week we'll be greeted one morning with a lovely Gift Card discount opportunity. I have LOTS more to buy in this sale, but very close to zero on the store credit and I need to avoid all those extra nasty credit card charges for every cart! Come on, Daz. Do the right thing ;)

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 78

Does anyone know how hardware-demanding those UltraScenery products are? I've been "flirting" with them for a long time, but I always refrain from buying them because I'm afraid my machine won't be able to handle them or, if it does, it will be too slow (32 GB RAM and an NVIDIA RTX 3060 with 12 GB VRAM).

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,204

rokkr said:

Does anyone know how hardware-demanding those UltraScenery products are? I've been "flirting" with them for a long time, but I always refrain from buying them because I'm afraid my machine won't be able to handle them or, if it does, it will be too slow (32 GB RAM and an NVIDIA RTX 3060 with 12 GB VRAM).

I've only got a 3050 8GB, and it handles UltraScenery just fine. 

butterflyfish said:

rokkr said:

Thanks! UltraScenery 1 or 2? Is the 2 more demanding?

rokkr said:

butterflyfish said:

rokkr said:

I have both of them, and all the add-ons. I think 2 is maybe a little less demanding. It seems to load a bit faster. But they both work great.

butterflyfish said:

rokkr said:

butterflyfish said:

rokkr said:

I have both of them, and all the add-ons. I think 2 is maybe a little less demanding. It seems to load a bit faster. But they both work great.

Thanks. And those add-ons made for US1 work on US2, right? And there's also this USXT that's for terrain, so, even if I buy only US2, it would be good to have it too, isn't it? That's also one of the things that made me hesitate to buy UltraScenery... It's not just buying the product... You have to buy at least some packages, if not many, to make it worth...

rokkr said:

butterflyfish said:

rokkr said:

butterflyfish said:

rokkr said:

Thanks. And those add-ons made for US1 work on US2, right? And there's also this USXT that's for terrain, so, even if I buy only US2, it would be good to have it too, isn't it? That's also one of the things that made me hesitate to buy UltraScenery... It's not just buying the product... You have to buy at least some packages, if not many, to make it worth...

Yes, the add-ons work in US2. You load them in as legacy content on the US2 tab. The new product from today adds the information to use the Australia set as normal US2 content. And yeah, there is a lot to buy if you want everything. Just get what you really like the most. The Pacific Northwest set and the Britain set are particularly nice, IMO.

I do have the USXT products, but I don't use them anywhere near as much. It just puts mountains in the background of your render. Nice to have, but not necessary.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 708
    edited September 8

In regards to US in general... from my (limited) experience, it seems to be really great if you want "random scene containing Thing X" as long as you're not super wedded to the overall topography. If you have some very specific ideas about how you want the hills and valleys and such to go, you're going to need to [fiddle] around with height maps A LOT. 

This is not said as discouragement, but I wish I'd grasped it better when I went into the whole thing. I had some unrealistic expectations, and I'd like to save others the same frustration.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

When folks say "it works fine," what are we talking about in terms of render time? Minutes, hours or days?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,814

Torquinox said:

When folks say "it works fine," what are we talking about in terms of render time? Minutes, hours or days?

If you have an NVIDIA GPU, minutes. The one I posted here, with all the bikes, rendered to 98% convergence in less than 8 minutes on an RTX 3080 and used less than 7 GB of GPU memory. It looked good enough to have quit at about 2 minutes, but I let it go to completion.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389

barbult said:

Torquinox said:

If you have an NVIDIA GPU, minutes. The one I posted here, with all the bikes, rendered to 98% convergence in less than 8 minutes on an RTX 3080 and used less than 7 GB of GPU memory. It looked good enough to have quit at about 2 minutes, but I let it go to completion.

Very nice work there 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,814

Robert Freise said:

barbult said:

Torquinox said:

Very nice work there 

Thank you, Robert.

barbult said:

Good to know. Thanks. And the render does look good.