There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

This is the first day I do not have the 30 for 30 banner, nothing in maessages either .... but maybe its still applying as my total discount is 86% . I didn't bother to calculate. 

• daveso said:

This is the first day I do not have the 30 for 30 banner, nothing in maessages either .... but maybe its still applying as my total discount is 86% . I didn't bother to calculate. 

Same. And I'm pretty sure I have over 30 items from the deatured artists, because it hides more than that when I have Hide Items I Own clicked. Confusing.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

butterflyfish said:

daveso said:

Same. And I'm pretty sure I have over 30 items from the deatured artists, because it hides more than that when I have Hide Items I Own clicked. Confusing.

according to the product numbers, I have 1,219 products from the featured artists. WOW surprise 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,633

butterflyfish said:

daveso said:

I don't have the banner either; but the 30% discount for ownining more than 30 featured artists items seems to be applying anyway. 

• daveso said:

butterflyfish said:

daveso said:

according to the product numbers, I have 1,219 products from the featured artists. WOW surprise 

Yeah, I just did the math and I have 1,130. So it's not like it's close. laugh

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,304

daveso said:

I didn't get one on September 1st either - but the 30% still worked then and does now. 

• MelanieL said:

daveso said:

I didn't get one on September 1st either - but the 30% still worked then and does now. 

Yes, same here. I remember the same circumstances occurring earlier in the sale - no orange banner one particular day though I qualified, but I still got the 30% in the cart.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,905

butterflyfish said:

daveso said:

butterflyfish said:

daveso said:

Yeah, I just did the math and I have 1,130. So it's not like it's close. laugh

I have 3841 if you go by the numbers shown for the featured artist category, but keep in mind that those numbers are extremely inaccurate, as the number of PA products shown for the Featured Category have been heavily filtered so that many items produced by the featured artists aren't counted.  Compare the numbers shown for the actual Vendor stores versus the Feature Artist numbers and you'll see that, for example, Predatron actually has 522 items in the store, (of which I own 496,) but only 387 of Predatron's products are included in the Featured Artist sale (of which I own 366.)  As to the why of the filtering, some of those are probably duplicate listings of bundles that include predatron products and some are "new release" products, but long experience has shown that quite often items that happen to cross over with other sales promotions are pulled as well.  As for the 30% off banner... I ididn't get one either, but the price discoujnts seem the same.  

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 325

There is an extra 20% off "when you include any Sixus1 Media AND Predatron item in your cart ", Its kind off buried in middle of Headliner Page.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 325

Well now the 30% off for 30 items banner appears... good I waited till late in the day as always :D

• Tomhip said:

Well now the 30% off for 30 items banner appears... good I waited till late in the day as always :D

I think the discount was working, it was just not announced.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,633

Tomhip said:

There is an extra 20% off "when you include any Sixus1 Media AND Predatron item in your cart ", Its kind off buried in middle of Headliner Page.

Works for gift cards too. 

• Catch-up sale today.  A little disappointed there isn't a catch-up on the golden ticket items (as far as I can see) even at a $1 or $2 higher.  Missed the first few and there are one or two I wouldn't mind picking up if they were brought back as golden ticket items.  Oh well, maybe at the final catch-up sale at the end they might make a reappearance.

Just found another store that appears to have been incorectly liked to the sale.  Zkuro's store is listed under the main Featured Artists, but shows zero (0) items listed, even if I unhide previously purchased items.  If you select all and then filter by zkuro or just go to their vendor store, however, and there are just under 60 items on sale.    

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 79

captainalvord said:

Catch-up sale today.  A little disappointed there isn't a catch-up on the golden ticket items (as far as I can see) even at a $1 or $2 higher.  Missed the first few and there are one or two I wouldn't mind picking up if they were brought back as golden ticket items.  Oh well, maybe at the final catch-up sale at the end they might make a reappearance.

And many artists didn't come back either... I know that because I keep track of items, I postpone the purchase, and many of them are not on sale. Hope they come back at the end of the month/PA sale.

B.T.W., is it just me or are artist items not showing for anyone when you click on their thumbnails (i.e., it shows 0 items -- and it's not because those artists don't have any item on sale because, when I go to their pages, there are many items with PA Sale discounts).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,272
    edited September 13

Cybersox said:

Just found another store that appears to have been incorectly liked to the sale.  Zkuro's store is listed under the main Featured Artists, but shows zero (0) items listed, even if I unhide previously purchased items.  If you select all and then filter by zkuro or just go to their vendor store, however, and there are just under 60 items on sale.    

Reported - I think it is because the store name is zkuro and the Featured Artist link is using ZKuro scratch that, editing the url didn't help.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • rokkr said:

captainalvord said:

Catch-up sale today.  A little disappointed there isn't a catch-up on the golden ticket items (as far as I can see) even at a $1 or $2 higher.  Missed the first few and there are one or two I wouldn't mind picking up if they were brought back as golden ticket items.  Oh well, maybe at the final catch-up sale at the end they might make a reappearance.

And many artists didn't come back either... I know that because I keep track of items, I postpone the purchase, and many of them are not on sale. Hope they come back at the end of the month/PA sale.

B.T.W., is it just me or are artist items not showing for anyone when you click on their thumbnails (i.e., it shows 0 items -- and it's not because those artists don't have any item on sale because, when I go to their pages, there are many items with PA Sale discounts).

I also find it odd that there are some Starter bundles in the Featured Artist Sale while at the same time the Pro Version isn't.  Also the oppisite is true some Pro bundles in the sale but not the starter bundles.  Personally there are a couple I would buy if the Pro was in the sale but alas only the starter bundle is on sale.  Makes me curious as to what criteria is being used to determine when a bundle is in the Featured artist sale.

• I'm amazed at Xivon's work. Never looked at his catalogue until now. Well done products with unique ideas.

How much longer does this sale last? I'm going to go broke from saving all this money. And I'm afraid the vendors might as well.

• netasknetask Posts: 19
    edited September 14

About "Modern House 3、4、5". Does anyone know if there are walls, floors, doors in these houses?

I don’t want to buy a house that I can’t decorate.

https://www.daz3d.com/modern-house-3

https://www.daz3d.com/modern-house-4

https://www.daz3d.com/modern-house-5

Post edited by netask on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,435

netask said:

About "Modern House 3、4、5". Does anyone know if there are walls, floors, doors in these houses?

Not really, they were made more for exterior scenes. Nos. 3 & 4 have fake hollows with billboards inside the doors and windows. Nos. 5 & 6 have walls and floors, but unfinished. No.5 has a complete floor plan, but devoid of any detail. No.6 has rooms behind the doors, but they are not connected to anything, also devoid of any detail.

edited September 14

NorthOf45 said:

netask said:

Not really, they were made more for exterior scenes. Nos. 3 & 4 have fake hollows with billboards inside the doors and windows. Nos. 5 & 6 have walls and floors, but unfinished. No.5 has a complete floor plan, but devoid of any detail. No.6 has rooms behind the doors, but they are not connected to anything, also devoid of any detail.

That's too bad!but I think I might still buy several of them. The community formed by those beautiful yards can create a good story. Thank you for your answer. 

Post edited by netask on
  • The promo images show the construction, so I am not sure what you are asking.

Richard Haseltine said:

The promo images show the construction, so I am not sure what you are asking.

Sorry, my English expression skills are not good. What I want to ask is the situation inside the house, I thought the inside of the house would be like" modern house 2", but it doesn't seem to be the case.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,282

netask said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The promo images show the construction, so I am not sure what you are asking.

Sorry, my English expression skills are not good. What I want to ask is the situation inside the house, I thought the inside of the house would be like" modern house 2", but it doesn't seem to be the case.

The rule of thumb is that is something's not shown in the promo pictures, it's likely not there. So if the promo pictures show only exterior, there's probably no interior. If the pictures show only interior, there's no exterior. If the pictures show both, you get both. (Also, some sets might be bundled and have interior and exterior as separate parts, but then it's usually visible on the product page as well, if I recall correctly.)

NotAnArtist said:

I'm amazed at Xivon's work. Never looked at his catalogue until now. Well done products with unique ideas.

How much longer does this sale last? I'm going to go broke from saving all this money. And I'm afraid the vendors might as well.

Their, not his.  No, that's not a pronouns thing, it's because Xivon is a company based in India, Xivon Interactive, with a staff of around 50 people.  They also do work for film and tv companies as well, so I suspect that at least part of what they sell here is partially recycled from that work.   

Did anything change from yesterday or today's featured artist list is still the same (or almost the same, like, plus the PAs from today's new releases)?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,867

Cybersox said:

NotAnArtist said:

I'm amazed at Xivon's work. Never looked at his catalogue until now. Well done products with unique ideas.

Their, not his.  No, that's not a pronouns thing, it's because Xivon is a company based in India, Xivon Interactive, with a staff of around 50 people.  They also do work for film and tv companies as well, so I suspect that at least part of what they sell here is partially recycled from that work.   

It is a pronoun thing, though, in the sense that there's no reason to assume the gender of a PA. I know, for example, that Herschel Hoffmayer is a man and Morris is a woman, but I have absolutely no idea whether Polish is male or female, or whether it's one person or a team, or really even either whether their name should be pronounced like "of or relating to Poland" or "to bring to a luster". So until I know otherwise, why assume one way or the other? Barbult has had to correct multiple people who have wrongly assumed that she is a man, but why did they make that assumption? What is the value of assuming the identity of someone you don't know?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,832

Gordig said:

Cybersox said:

NotAnArtist said:

It is a pronoun thing, though, in the sense that there's no reason to assume the gender of a PA. I know, for example, that Herschel Hoffmayer is a man and Morris is a woman, but I have absolutely no idea whether Polish is male or female, or whether it's one person or a team, or really even either whether their name should be pronounced like "of or relating to Poland" or "to bring to a luster". So until I know otherwise, why assume one way or the other? Barbult has had to correct multiple people who have wrongly assumed that she is a man, but why did they make that assumption? What is the value of assuming the identity of someone you don't know?

I will get myself in trouble here, I'm sure. Maybe the male assumption comes from many of us being older (retired people have more time to play). Many years ago, it was a fairly safe assumption that someone with technical and engineering skills was male. Back then, many women were homemakers, school teachers, or secretaries. Since then, things have changed drastically. STEM is a thing for all genders now. My grandmother was a farmer's wife and mother. My mother was a teacher. I was a software engineer. I have no children, but my nieces have doctorate degrees. Gender assumptions don't work anymore. And yet the general term for human beings is still "man", as in sending man back to the moon.

Cybersox said:

NotAnArtist said:

If it's a company, the pronoun is "it." If you're referring to the staff, the employees, the designers, etc., you can use "they," but a company is a singular legal entity, therefore, "it." It's a grammar thing.

barbult said:

Gordig said:

Cybersox said:

NotAnArtist said:

I will get myself in trouble here, I'm sure. Maybe the male assumption comes from many of us being older (retired people have more time to play). Many years ago, it was a fairly safe assumption that someone with technical and engineering skills was male. Back then, many women were homemakers, school teachers, or secretaries. Since then, things have changed drastically. STEM is a thing for all genders now. My grandmother was a farmer's wife and mother. My mother was a teacher. I was a software engineer. I have no children, but my nieces have doctorate degrees. Gender assumptions don't work anymore. And yet the general term for human beings is still "man", as in sending man back to the moon.

There are many women in this industry here. I dare to say it's a majority.