There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• ArtAngel said:

Bunyip02 said:

Charlie Judge said:

Cris Palomino said:

SilverGirl said:

Oh poo. The 30% off orange banner went away. :(

The only thing that changes with it is that a user has to own 30 items from TODAY's Featured Artists, not any artist, for the banner to appear, as I understand it.

I own hundreds of items from TODAY's featured artists and I don't have the banner  any more either.. However, I do appear to be getting both 30% off for owning a Golden ticket item and another 30% off probobaly for owning more than 30 items from today's featured artists. This gives me a 71% discount on "still new" releases in my cart .

Just opened DIM and the 30 Gets You 30! is written across the top.

IMHO, it's impossible to own 30 items from an artist who only has 21 products for sale. I own 3,313 items from features artists and the DIM banner is not in our our message box and is, as I suspected, not working

It isn't per artist, it is 30+ items from the total pool of Featured Artists.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    kyoto kid said:

...bugger, replaced by a banner for a charcter I have no iterest in. 

Was hoping it would at least have lasted through the holiday weekend.

At least cool character as the Gold Ticket item (perfect for my post apcolyotic world) so i stil lget the  extra 30% just not the ridiculous discounts I was getting with both the  Gold Ticket and 30 for 30 banner. 

Ya, I thought today's golden ticket was awesome. So far I have pretty much only bought the golden ticket items each day except the grass one because it was the smallest golden ticket discount so far and I didn't really want it for $3.

XiousDs said:

SilverGirl said:

Calliope23 said:

The Golden Ticket item looks good: https://www.daz3d.com/hh-scarlett-for-genesis-9. For $3.00 I get an interesting looking G9 female character and then can purchase a bunch of AM's animal critters for cheap, as AM is one of the featured artists. Now I just need to decide if I need ALL The Rabbits or only a few.

I was excited at having a G9 for cheap as the GT until I saw she'd been sculpted with perma-pout. I'm sure that's to somebody's tastes, but definitely not mine. 

Keep the body and skin, change the head morph maybe? Or apply 50% head with something with smaller lips. Might still work well for you then.

Eh, not into supporting that trend with my pocketbook. If I wait, some other character that's to my tastes will wind up on sale, and I'd rather use the money there.

To each their own. I really like the custom jcms that HH does with his characters for really realistic bends and thing like that. The extras like vampire, cyberpunk, demon, etc. appearances are all nice extras for $2.99.

I don't need a Zombie. Horror isn't my genre. But I'm glad for those who can use the character.

Also good if you do emergency response type renders, er, etc. That skin could be on someone who definitely is janked up.
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,095

XiousDs said:

To each their own. I really like the custom jcms that HH does with his characters for really realistic bends and thing like that.

They look nice, but they only work with her body right ?

Elor said:

XiousDs said:

To each their own. I really like the custom jcms that HH does with his characters for really realistic bends and thing like that.

They look nice, but they only work with her body right ?

They are designed for her body, but I believe you can still change the face and the jcms for the body still work. I b3lieve you can also mix in some other morphs a little for more variation without completely ruinning the custom jcms function, but I believe it would depend on how different the change was.
  • RangerRickRangerRick Posts: 264

I can't get the Debut New items to trigger the 75% off discount for licenses.  I've tried using the Autumn hair, the Socks with Ruffles, and CS Isla but the 3D print licenses still show 50% off in the cart.  Has anyone gotten the 75% off licenses to work today?  (I had it work yesterday but not today)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

Bunyip02 said:

Just opened DIM and the 30 Gets You 30! is written across the top.

..today when I opened it to download what I bought so far, I still got the "Dark Knight" banner.   After I closed that the  "30 for 30" banner popped up.   

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,153

Gah! Even LDs have been icy cold to me for the last week or more. This is apparently not the sale I'm looking for.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,870

Torquinox said:

Gah! Even LDs have been icy cold to me for the last week or more. This is apparently not the sale I'm looking for.

I've actually been buying quite a lot during the sale, and even found several LDs that finally tempted me, including the DH3 pro bundle for $8 and change.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,153

Gordig said:

I've actually been buying quite a lot during the sale, and even found several LDs that finally tempted me, including the DH3 pro bundle for $8 and change.

I'm well aware my experience is not universal. I'm glad it's going well for you. I've had times when the sales were spectacular for me, So far, this isn't among them. The sale is still young. Maybe it'll perk up for me later.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 716

It's probably a little bit sad that I'm sitting here going "2 hours, 40 minutes to changeover!!" and hoping for something good for the Labor Day holiday.

But hey, if my youngest is going to decide he's partially nocturnal this week, it's something to break up the day a bit.

Fingers crossed for a Golden Ticket that catches my eye... so far the only one that's done it for me was the PW house (which I actually have no immediate use for but it was far too pretty to pass up at that price).

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,435

Torquinox said:

Gordig said:

I'm well aware my experience is not universal. I'm glad it's going well for you. I've had times when the sales were spectacular for me, So far, this isn't among them. The sale is still young. Maybe it'll perk up for me later.

I hardly ever find something I like, but today I snagged the Lahr the Lion Pro Bundle for under $7 with a few tokens. That's, like, 6 stacking discounts.

(Base Price)*(Basic DO discount)*(Today's DO Artist Discount)*(Golden Ticket Discount)*(30 for 30 Discount)*(Lightning Deals Discount)*(3 Tokens Discount)

NorthOf45 said:

Torquinox said:

Gordig said:

I hardly ever find something I like, but today I snagged the Lahr the Lion Pro Bundle for under $7 with a few tokens. That's, like, 6 stacking discounts.

(Base Price)*(Basic DO discount)*(Today's DO Artist Discount)*(Golden Ticket Discount)*(30 for 30 Discount)*(Lightning Deals Discount)*(3 Tokens Discount)

I've gotten a few G9 bundles tossed at me this sale. Beautiful stuff, doesn't fit in my stories. I keep hoping for the Ivar Pro bundle... that one I would use!! No love so far, though.  

• NathNath Posts: 2,769

SilverGirl said:

https://www.daz3d.com/the-look-fairy-shaping-kit-for-genesis-9-feminine is the GT!

YAHTZEE!!!

It's a nice set, but I already have a bunch of similar morphs from other sets. But enjoy! 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited September 2

..hmm I have a couple G9 female fae/alien characters.  Defitely looks useful..

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,833

SilverGirl said:

https://www.daz3d.com/the-look-fairy-shaping-kit-for-genesis-9-feminine is the GT!

YAHTZEE!!!

I'm a P3D fan. These look nice.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

SilverGirl said:

No love so far, though.  

Which in a way is a sign of love from the LD generator because none of Ivar bundles are part of the current sale smiley

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

SilverGirl said:

YAHTZEE!!!

+1! P3D's work is always fine, and this Golden Ticket looks very useful!

Elor said:

SilverGirl said:

No love so far, though.  

Which in a way is a sign of love from the LD generator because none of Ivar bundles are part of the current sale smiley

This is true. I'd just be frustrated that he still wasn't at a budget-friendly price. 

Question as I plan my cart:

I'm wanting to get a bunch of stuff with today's GT in the cart and pay for it with store credit.

I do not have active previous GT items.

Can I then turn around and still get the GT discount on a debut new & still new in order to trigger the GC discount (which I would then pay with my credit card)? Or does today's GT item ONLY work today when it's the cart and doesn't count as "owned" until after the next day's changeover?

I know there were some issues at the beginning of the sale but I am unclear on what wound up happening with that.

TIA

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,214

SilverGirl said:

I'm wanting to get a bunch of stuff with today's GT in the cart and pay for it with store credit.

Can I then turn around and still get the GT discount on a debut new & still new in order to trigger the GC discount (which I would then pay with my credit card)? Or does today's GT item ONLY work today when it's the cart and doesn't count as "owned" until after the next day's changeover?

I know there were some issues at the beginning of the sale but I am unclear on what wound up happening with that.

TIA

it should work if you have already bought today's GT. 

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 505

Was the discount on licenses a couple of days ago a mistake?

With golden ticket and new release it was $2.91 for a $50 licence before tokens.  Today it's $8.75

Cris Palomino said:

SilverGirl said:

TIA

it should work if you have already bought today's GT. 

Awesome, tyvm. 

• Torquinox said:

Gordig said:

I feel for you @Torquinox. I am also not seeing much I want, at the right time/price for me. Historically, PA sales have either been bad-to-meh or Amazing! **for me** for some reason.

That said, I do have some things carted, mostly older but some recent. Just holding off in case there's some Labor Day coupon or flash sale that drops later. Or maybe LD finally offers something cool. Other items have piqued my interest but aren't a good deal, IMO, usually due to buy-in requirements. Those get wishlisted for Another ( wishlist) Sale.

A number of my new wishlistees are DOs. I'm hoping that Daz will repeat one of last year's December promos, where each day you could pick Free Item A or $3 Item B. Unlike LDs, the algorithm usually offered wishlisted models, if you had DOs within the parameters. Yeah, 2 days into the PA sale, I am thinking about fall/holiday sales...

edited September 2

TriCounter said:

With golden ticket and new release it was $2.91 for a $50 licence before tokens.  Today it's $8.75

I've been wondering if it was single-use even though I didn't see it say that anywhere.  I had it work on Saturday but couldn't get it to work yesterdy nor today.

"75% off* with any of today's Debut New Releases in your cart"

Even tried multiple Debut New Releases.  No joy.

Edited to add:  Err, I didn't do the math on your post.  I'm only seeing 50% off licenses in my cart with Debut New release(s) also in the cart.  You must be getting additional discounts to get down to $8.75 or better.

Post edited by RangerRick on
  • Why is there no exciting sales during Labor Day? What is going on here? Is everyone on vacation?

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 505

RangerRick said:

TriCounter said:

I've been wondering if it was single-use even though I didn't see it say that anywhere.  I had it work on Saturday but couldn't get it to work yesterdy nor today.

Edited to add:  Err, I didn't do the math on your post.  I'm only seeing 50% off licenses in my cart with Debut New release(s) also in the cart.  You must be getting additional discounts to get down to $8.75 or better.

I do get the 75% with a debut release (remember the golden ticket doesn't count with these offers) ... then the 30% tokens takes it pitifully up to 82%

There was obviously something stacking too much on the 31st a they were over 90% off .

It still says 50% on the cart until you add them to the cart. see my screenshot

75percent.png
    1710 x 897 - 270K
    edited September 2

TriCounter said:

RangerRick said:

TriCounter said:

I do get the 75% with a debut release (remember the golden ticket doesn't count with these offers) ... then the 30% tokens takes it pitifully up to 82%

There was obviously something stacking too much on the 31st a they were over 90% off .

It still says 50% on the cart until you add them to the cart. see my screenshot

No joy for me.  But thanks. At least I know it should be working.  I have 40 items in my cart including a golden ticket item and two other items from the Debut New release selection. But maybe the GT item is breaking the logic.  I'll fiddle with the cart later.  Thanks!

ETA: Nope. Still doesn't work for me.  Just the Minstrel for Genesis 9  outfit and adding the license and it's still 50% off on the license.  Added another product and license and none of the licenses get the 75% discount.

2nd Edit:  AHA!  It's only applying to the Interactive licenses even though the advert says it should be bother Interactive and 3D print licenses that get discounted.

no-75-percent-discount.png
    926 x 701 - 207K
    Post edited by RangerRick on