There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 326

IMHO what DAZ should really do to curb all those mixups is give a breakdown of deals affecting each item in your cart and cearly mark ones that block stacking.

Not gonna happen, but it should....

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 716

Calliope23 said:

The Golden Ticket item looks good: https://www.daz3d.com/hh-scarlett-for-genesis-9. For $3.00 I get an interesting looking G9 female character and then can purchase a bunch of AM's animal critters for cheap, as AM is one of the featured artists. Now I just need to decide if I need ALL The Rabbits or only a few.

I was excited at having a G9 for cheap as the GT until I saw she'd been sculpted with perma-pout. I'm sure that's to somebody's tastes, but definitely not mine. 

edited August 31

Had a G9 pro bundle (Olympia) in my LD for about $14!!

...unfortunately the only thing I wanted out of it was the character, one hair, and maaaaybe the makeup, and none of it's urgent. Giving it a pass, as I'm sure I can the parts I want cheaper if I wait it out, but nice to know that stuff like that is among the possibilities. 

Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 81

netask said:

rokkr said:

Cybersox said:

rokkr said:

The day Daz allows me to filter my wishlist to show only products on sale (preferably, excluding items with only the standard -30% of Daz Originals for Prime Members, and also Daz+ items), I'll throw a party (and, probably, they'll throw one too because they'll get more money -- the fact I have to browse my entire wishlist won't make me buy more products; on the opposite, it'll probably make me miss products I'd buy, therefore, buying less).

I'm afraid that they've made that pretty much an impossible goal by having so many sales that are contingent on either buying certain orther products, on buying a certain number of products, using a coupon or one-shot promotional code, receving a special offer not offered to all customers, or any combination of the preceding.  Short of DAZ chucking just about everything about the entire store, the best thing we've got is the DAZ Deals add-on, which at least allows you to see the discount percentage and to display just wish list items in a specific sale. 

If there were a button, like, "show only items on active sales" (ignoring the standard Daz + 30% for DOs and the specific Daz+ items, would help a lot. Even if there were only a band like there are on the new items, would be a lot better. I know sale items have the discount on the right bottom, and scanning for those items with discounts is what I do, but with a band on the pics, I could know the item is on sale and which item is. One eye movement instead of two. Would save me a lot of time. I skimmed through 46 pages of my 134-page wishlist, and I looked at certain artists I like most, but I can't do that every day this month... I think I'll just take another look at my wishlist, take note of the items I want, and wait for them to be on sale. Hope I don't miss anything...

Daz+ is more expensive during the promotion period. It’s a really strange design,the promotion page and wish list really need more detailed classification options, at least categories .

Indeed...  They don't seem to be affected by some discounts... For instance, if I put an item priced $X and, let's say, 70$ discount, and a Daz+ with the same characteristics, with the stacking discounts, the non-prime item will end up cheaper than the prime... In fact, I've been noticing Daz+ items getting more expensive to acquire (in the final cart calculations because they're less susceptible to discounts). When I first became a Prime member, most items I would acquire were Daz+ because they were so cheap. Now, it almost seems like a curse when some item is tagged as Daz+. Luckily, I have almost all that I want, but there's always some new item that I'll have to wait and wait for a good opportunity to acquire.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,908

Marty3D said:

frank0314 said:

You are probably adding a product that isn't stackable. Can you show a screenshot of your cart so we can look into it?

Yes I understand when things aren't stackable when they are not in the PA sale items from the merchant, but that is not the issue.

The issue is, 8 Daz Tokens is 45% off and that is 45% off regardless of what is in the cart surely?

Sorry for any confusion, the confusion is at my end. The 45% off is Daz Originals or 30% off non Daz Originals. Nothing to see here, my bad, haven't been on here in a while. Most of my recent discounted stuff must have been on a lot of Daz Originals and I didn't realise.

Tokens also don't stack on inelligatable products. What is the product in question. A screenshot of the cart would help greatly.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

Had a G9 pro bundle (Olympia) in my LD for about $14!!

...unfortunately the only thing I wanted out of it was the character, one hair, and maaaaybe the makeup, and none of it's urgent. Giving it a pass, as I'm sure I can the parts I want cheaper if I wait it out, but nice to know that stuff like that is among the possibilities. 

Just so you know I bought the pro bundle before for $10 and change. That was with tokens if I recall though. I no longer buy parts of bundles because if I wait a while, buy a buy in or 2, and play some cart jenga, Daz has been making them available ever so often for 93-97% off. When that happens, I just buy all possible bundles at that price point. The single items I buy are things that are not part of a bundle.
  • XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

Calliope23 said:

The Golden Ticket item looks good: https://www.daz3d.com/hh-scarlett-for-genesis-9. For $3.00 I get an interesting looking G9 female character and then can purchase a bunch of AM's animal critters for cheap, as AM is one of the featured artists. Now I just need to decide if I need ALL The Rabbits or only a few.

I was excited at having a G9 for cheap as the GT until I saw she'd been sculpted with perma-pout. I'm sure that's to somebody's tastes, but definitely not mine. 

Keep the body and skin, change the head morph maybe? Or apply 50% head with something with smaller lips. Might still work well for you then.

XiousDs said:

SilverGirl said:

Calliope23 said:

Keep the body and skin, change the head morph maybe? Or apply 50% head with something with smaller lips. Might still work well for you then.

Eh, not into supporting that trend with my pocketbook. If I wait, some other character that's to my tastes will wind up on sale, and I'd rather use the money there.

• One item labelled as New, https://www.daz3d.com/hlmnd-essie-for-genesis-9 No description of what kind of jewelry is in the promo picture, some artists at least detail what assets have been used.

Sorry if this is not the area to post this, but I am frustrated there is no such info.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,153
    edited August 31

I suggest starting a "what is this jewelry" thread and include the promo pic, link, etc. Someone here will know

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited August 31
    Post edited by Calliope23 on

Or someone will just post the answer here. Good job! laugh

Torquinox said:

Or someone will just post the answer here. Good job! laugh

@Torquinox I have the necklace and earrings, and the tiara is on my wishlist, so I recognized them quickly. And thanks!smiley

Calliope23 said:

@Torquinox I have the necklace and earrings, and the tiara is on my wishlist, so I recognized them quickly. And thanks!smiley

Excellent! It's rare that I can recognize an item like that, though it's fun when it happens. Cheers to you! 

• Calliope23 Thank you very much for your help.

I have put both items in my wishlist, I intend to use them in a future render. yessmiley

@Halcon Bluesky You are very welcome! :)

Oh poo. The 30% off orange banner went away. :(

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,214

SilverGirl said:

The only thing that changes with it is that a user has to own 30 items from TODAY's Featured Artists, not any artist, for the banner to appear, as I understand it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...bugger, replaced by a banner for a charcter I have no iterest in. 

Was hoping it would at least have lasted through the holiday weekend.

At least cool character as the Gold Ticket item (perfect for my post apcolyotic world) so i stil lget the  extra 30% just not the ridiculous discounts I was getting with both the  Gold Ticket and 30 for 30 banner. 

Cris Palomino said:

SilverGirl said:

The only thing that changes with it is that a user has to own 30 items from TODAY's Featured Artists, not any artist, for the banner to appear, as I understand it.

I know I have a smattering from a bunch of those artists, but just a quick check to three of my known 'heavy hitters' gives me 17 from Zeddicuss, 11 from Fugazi, and 14 from outoftouch. So, I'd definitely qualify if it was still going.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,435

Maybe it was the wrong banner. Toshi came out two days ago, and I already have the bundle...

I don't need a Zombie. Horror isn't my genre. But I'm glad for those who can use the character.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...I checked my messages and yes, there was a notice that he appeared on Friday.   However for some reason that banner never replaced of the "30 for 30" one.  

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 326

This got to be a contender for worst GC deal in a long while? Double buy-in and not even 20% :P

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 428
    edited September 1

SilverGirl said:

Cris Palomino said:

SilverGirl said:

I know I have a smattering from a bunch of those artists, but just a quick check to three of my known 'heavy hitters' gives me 17 from Zeddicuss, 11 from Fugazi, and 14 from outoftouch. So, I'd definitely qualify if it was still going.

I opened today's Featured Artists list, used Daz Deals to show only owned, and stopped counting at 80, so it doesn't seem like it's still going... (I also have the Toshi banner instead, which is odd because I bought him on Friday.)

Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,634
    edited September 1

Cris Palomino said:

SilverGirl said:

I own hundreds of items from TODAY's featured artists and I don't have the banner  any more either.. However, I do appear to be getting both 30% off for owning a Golden ticket item and another 30% off probobaly for owning more than 30 items from today's featured artists. This gives me a 71% discount on "still new" releases in my cart .

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Calliope23 said:

I don't need a Zombie. Horror isn't my genre. But I'm glad for those who can use the character.

Yeah, same.  Seems like a well-made zombie for those in the market for one.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,332

Charlie Judge said:

Cris Palomino said:

SilverGirl said:

I own hundreds of items from TODAY's featured artists and I don't have the banner  any more either.. However, I do appear to be getting both 30% off for owning a Golden ticket item and another 30% off probobaly for owning more than 30 items from today's featured artists. This gives me a 71% discount on "still new" releases in my cart .

Just opened DIM and the 30 Gets You 30! is written across the top.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited September 1

Bunyip02 said:

Charlie Judge said:

Cris Palomino said:

SilverGirl said:

IMHO, it's impossible to own 30 items from an artist who only has 21 products for sale. I own 3,313 items from features artists and the DIM banner is not in our our message box and is, as I suspected, not working

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,634

ArtAngel said:

Bunyip02 said:

Charlie Judge said:

Cris Palomino said:

SilverGirl said:

IMHO, it's impossible to own 30 items from an artist who only has 21 products for sale. I own 3,313 items from features artists and the DIM banner is not in our our message box and is, as I suspected, not working

What are you trying to purchase that it isn't working on? Even though I don't have the banner anymore in my messages, I am getting 71% off for "Still New" releases which seems about right for both the 30% golden ticket and the 30% '30 gets you 30' offers.