There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited August 29

I am falling off the wagon big time ... I wasn't going to buy any more content for quite some time! But Out of Touch, Sue Yee, Pandygirl and WildDesigns among others for very cheap ... so tempting. Must remind myself I need either a new render machine or upgrades to my laptop ... I wonder if it's time to revive the DAZaholics Anonymous thread. *sigh*

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • netasknetask Posts: 19
    edited August 29

ainm.sloinneadhsaid:

Typically with stacking, 85% off is the best you can get on a non-DO item. Last weekend's sale was the first time in a while I'd seen better than that. Low 90's for most non-DO stuff with stacking and 8 tokens, so 88% off with no buy-in seems pretty decent on a new item!

Really!? I have to choose between a bunch of good looking 93% off items and really great 88% off items...., If 88% off is the best deal, then I have to seize the opportunity.

Post edited by netask on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

Calliope23 said:

I am falling off the wagon big time ... I wasn't going to buy any more content for quite some time! But Out of Touch, Sue Yee, Pandygirl and WildDesigns among others for very cheap ... so tempting. Must remind myself I need either a new render machine or upgrades to my laptop ... I wonder if it's time to revive the DAZaholics Anonymous thread. *sigh*

Me too. It's actually been a great sale. The most I spent was on the first day, just over 213.00 on 1950.00 worth of product.  Got a 114.00 bundle for $5 plus change in the lightning deals yesterday. 

coupons.JPG
    834 x 448 - 60K
    Great Sale.JPG
    1606 x 1002 - 144K
    edited August 30

ArtAngel said:

Me too. It's actually been a great sale. The most I spent was on the first day, just over 213.00 on 1950.00 worth of product.  Got a 114.00 bundle for $5 plus change in the lightning deals yesterday. 

Yeah, I knocked a bunch of items off my wishlist, but I need to pace myself or I'll be eating noodles from a box for the rest of the month! Lol. I haven't found anything I wanted in the lightning deals yet, but I keep checking every so often. I'm going to challenge myself to put a couple renders in the render thread for recent sales, just to make sure I actually use the stuff.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/650936/render-your-buys-use-buys-from-the-current-month-and-the-previous-month-of-sales/p1

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,835

Calliope23 said:

ArtAngel said:

Yeah, I knocked a bunch of items off my wishlist, but I need to pace myself or I'll be eating noodles from a box for the rest of the month! Lol. I haven't found anything I wanted in the lightning deals yet, but I keep checking every so often. I'm going to challenge myself to put a couple renders in the render thread for recent sales, just to make sure I actually use the stuff.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/650936/render-your-buys-use-buys-from-the-current-month-and-the-previous-month-of-sales/p1

Lucky for you, there is only one day left in the month

I was just eliminating other items, and suddenly Stonemason’s discount disappeared.哭

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

netask said:

I was just eliminating other items, and suddenly Stonemason’s discount disappeared.哭

The shop changeover was 26 minutes ago, yesterday's discounts are no longer valid 

barbult said:

Calliope23 said:

ArtAngel said:

Lucky for you, there is only one day left in the month

Indeed! I meant September and misspoke.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

OrangeFalcon said:

Charlie Judge said:

Hmm, Thusday and no major DO bundle. And I still have a DAZ+ coupon for DOs that I was saving for it. Yeh, I know it is the PA sale but I think in past years we used to get one anyway

I also thought it was strange we didn't receive a DO bundle today.  Worked out in my favor for me because I already used my Daz + coupon and wasn't able to build up any tokens.  Still, I'd like to have seen something to look forward to-last week's bundle was a bit underwhelming.

Ask and you shall receive... Toshi 9 bundle arrived today.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

i got Tashi 9 Pro down to 14.40 so far... 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,634

daveso said:

I  nabbed it for $3.10 with all the discounts, 8 tokens and the DAZ+ coupon. A no brainer at that price. 

Charlie Judge said:

daveso said:

I  nabbed it for $3.10 with all the discounts, 8 tokens and the DAZ+ coupon. A no brainer at that price. 

wow..great deal. I only have 2 tokens and no coupons. I'm still feeling good about $14 though. laugh 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Now the question remains, which of the current offers and discounts are valid on Sunday, when we get the September coupons...

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,912

Charlie Judge said:

daveso said:

So same deal that I got, except I never have a DAZ+ coupon left by this late in the month.  The thing is, as a bundle it's even more limited than most as it's all Samurai and Ninja oriented (pun not intended), and there's already a ton of that stuff in the store.  For under a buck an item, though, it wasn't exactly a hard sale even if most of it will go directly to digital purgatory.        

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,348

Cybersox said:

Charlie Judge said:

daveso said:

So same deal that I got, except I never have a DAZ+ coupon left by this late in the month.  The thing is, as a bundle it's even more limited than most as it's all Samurai and Ninja oriented (pun not intended), and there's already a ton of that stuff in the store.  For under a buck an item, though, it wasn't exactly a hard sale even if most of it will go directly to digital purgatory.        

Samurai/Ninja stuff is not my thing either, however I think Toshi 9 is a great character, particularly the skin texture. It is around $12 in my cart, so I will likely pick it up despite my lack of enthusiasm for the bulk of the bundle.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

PerttiA said:

Now the question remains, which of the current offers and discounts are valid on Sunday, when we get the September coupons...

It's Labor Day weekend... I'd be surprised if they nerfed it too much. Would hope for something a little spiffy, maybe, but Memorial Day sale didn't do it for me, so who knows. 

Havos said:

Cybersox said:

Charlie Judge said:

daveso said:

Samurai/Ninja stuff is not my thing either, however I think Toshi 9 is a great character, particularly the skin texture. It is around $12 in my cart, so I will likely pick it up despite my lack of enthusiasm for the bulk of the bundle.

same boaton the ninja stuff. The figure and HD are only around $6  for both. The starter bundle with the hair from the pro bundle might be the way to go, but then, for a couple bucks more you might as well get the pro and be done with it. I was thinking of using the samari stuff as a statue or something.  

• I wasn't going to get the Toshi pro bundle until I dropped it in the cart and it came in at $9.10. I looked around as if expecting to get caught and just quietly paid for my cart before calling it a night last night. I have no use for samurai/ninja themed stuff, but if I'm pretty sure I can get $9 of use out of the contents of the bundle.

SilverGirl said:

PerttiA said:

It's Labor Day weekend... I'd be surprised if they nerfed it too much. Would hope for something a little spiffy, maybe, but Memorial Day sale didn't do it for me, so who knows. 

Never underestimate the ability of the DAZ store to find a way to make a sale not work properly, especially on weekends when there's no one there to fix it.   

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792

Wow. Impressive sale. The Toshi pro bundle didn't have anything extra I would use from the starter bundle and on a whim I threw it in the cart, not really planning on purchasing it but for $2.09 in cart with DAZ coupon and 5 tokens, why not? I've been cutting down a lot on spending here, but this sale with it's straightforwardness and great prices is bringing me back. I'm glad they've been adding so many new Rendo artists because I've been buying mostly their older content at great prices because I'm still not a fan of G9 and buying mostly G8/G3 stuff. Even though Daz doesn't have the great $1.99 sales anymore, I'm finding that if you shop wisely, you can get many older PA items for around $2.00 in this sale anyway.  And today I finally got to use my Daz O coupon. 

IMG_2020.jpeg
    1604 x 1838 - 579K
  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 81

The day Daz allows me to filter my wishlist to show only products on sale (preferably, excluding items with only the standard -30% of Daz Originals for Prime Members, and also Daz+ items), I'll throw a party (and, probably, they'll throw one too because they'll get more money -- the fact I have to browse my entire wishlist won't make me buy more products; on the opposite, it'll probably make me miss products I'd buy, therefore, buying less).

rokkr said:

The day Daz allows me to filter my wishlist to show only products on sale (preferably, excluding items with only the standard -30% of Daz Originals for Prime Members, and also Daz+ items), I'll throw a party (and, probably, they'll throw one too because they'll get more money -- the fact I have to browse my entire wishlist won't make me buy more products; on the opposite, it'll probably make me miss products I'd buy, therefore, buying less).

I'm afraid that they've made that pretty much an impossible goal by having so many sales that are contingent on either buying certain orther products, on buying a certain number of products, using a coupon or one-shot promotional code, receving a special offer not offered to all customers, or any combination of the preceding.  Short of DAZ chucking just about everything about the entire store, the best thing we've got is the DAZ Deals add-on, which at least allows you to see the discount percentage and to display just wish list items in a specific sale. 

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 81

Cybersox said:

rokkr said:

I'm afraid that they've made that pretty much an impossible goal by having so many sales that are contingent on either buying certain orther products, on buying a certain number of products, using a coupon or one-shot promotional code, receving a special offer not offered to all customers, or any combination of the preceding.  Short of DAZ chucking just about everything about the entire store, the best thing we've got is the DAZ Deals add-on, which at least allows you to see the discount percentage and to display just wish list items in a specific sale. 

If there were a button, like, "show only items on active sales" (ignoring the standard Daz + 30% for DOs and the specific Daz+ items, would help a lot. Even if there were only a band like there are on the new items, would be a lot better. I know sale items have the discount on the right bottom, and scanning for those items with discounts is what I do, but with a band on the pics, I could know the item is on sale and which item is. One eye movement instead of two. Would save me a lot of time. I skimmed through 46 pages of my 134-page wishlist, and I looked at certain artists I like most, but I can't do that every day this month... I think I'll just take another look at my wishlist, take note of the items I want, and wait for them to be on sale. Hope I don't miss anything...

rokkr said:

Cybersox said:

rokkr said:

If there were a button, like, "show only items on active sales" (ignoring the standard Daz + 30% for DOs and the specific Daz+ items, would help a lot. Even if there were only a band like there are on the new items, would be a lot better. I know sale items have the discount on the right bottom, and scanning for those items with discounts is what I do, but with a band on the pics, I could know the item is on sale and which item is. One eye movement instead of two. Would save me a lot of time. I skimmed through 46 pages of my 134-page wishlist, and I looked at certain artists I like most, but I can't do that every day this month... I think I'll just take another look at my wishlist, take note of the items I want, and wait for them to be on sale. Hope I don't miss anything...

Daz+ is more expensive during the promotion period. It’s a really strange design,the promotion page and wish list really need more detailed classification options, at least categories .

edited August 31

The Golden Ticket item looks good: https://www.daz3d.com/hh-scarlett-for-genesis-9. For $3.00 I get an interesting looking G9 female character and then can purchase a bunch of AM's animal critters for cheap, as AM is one of the featured artists. Now I just need to decide if I need ALL The Rabbits or only a few.

Edit: I just realized I already have an active golden ticket item, the OOT hair, and don't need to buy Scarlett today unless I want to get her for the introductory price.

• Marty3DMarty3D Posts: 28

The 45% Daz Tokens is being a bit sticky at the moment. It is not applying to cart properly. I tossed one item and then redid tokens and it worked. So I reapplied the other item went for 45% off and it didn't again. When I removed the tossed item a second time and tried the 45% again it would not drop to proper price of $31 and kept staying at $36!!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

You are probably adding a product that isn't stackable. Can you show a screenshot of your cart so we can look into it?

• Marty3DMarty3D Posts: 28
    edited August 31

frank0314 said:

You are probably adding a product that isn't stackable. Can you show a screenshot of your cart so we can look into it?

Yes I understand when things aren't stackable when they are not in the PA sale items from the merchant, but that is not the issue.

The issue is, 8 Daz Tokens is 45% off and that is 45% off regardless of what is in the cart surely?

Sorry for any confusion, the confusion is at my end. The 45% off is Daz Originals or 30% off non Daz Originals. Nothing to see here, my bad, haven't been on here in a while. Most of my recent discounted stuff must have been on a lot of Daz Originals and I didn't realise.

Post edited by Marty3D on
  • PerttiA said:

The coupons have been going live on the last day of the month for the last few months, sometimes later in the day. 

Note: if this happens & you still need to use an August coupon, just change 09 to 08 when you enter the code.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,634
    edited August 31

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

PerttiA said:

The coupons have been going live on the last day of the month for the last few months, sometimes later in the day. 

Note: if this happens & you still need to use an August coupon, just change 09 to 08 when you enter the code.

I'm not so sure of that. In my experience the next month's code appears a few hours early but does not work until DAZ midnight. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on