There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

tombraider4ever said:

Bought way too much today, w the gold ticket item thing, then the discounts and the 30 off and.... SO please Daz give us a giftcard sale w no buy necessary to get the discount. I have like 1.88 dollar left and I want to buy more in this sale, but NOT without using a giftcard for it. Just thought it can't hurt to ask heartlaugh  .  I have more than 1.88 dollar to spend on buying a giftcard of course laugh

Yes, please. I bought a gift card and then turned around and spent nearly all of it. Now I need a really good gift card sale with no buyin requirements. Please, please, please.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,835

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

Charlie Judge said:

On a positive note today's Golden Ticket item is a comprehensive and detailed environment. A real super bargain.

It looks so huge and complicated, I'm afraid I could never render it. I hesitate to buy it. Have you tried it?

Not yet. Most of PW's products are well made as well as huge and detailed. The trick is to only render a small portion at a time. 

I bought it. It actually rendered on my 10GB card. I was shocked! My first render (loading the whole scene out of the box) looked flat and cartoonish. It used the default HDRI and dome was turned off. I was extremely disappointed.
    I loaded an HDRI from Poly Haven instead and voilà, much better. The product does not come with any render settings presets.

PW Italian Villa.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    PW Italian Villa HDRI.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    PW Italian Villa HDRI Camera Building.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

Charlie Judge said:

On a positive note today's Golden Ticket item is a comprehensive and detailed environment. A real super bargain.

..thank you, nabbed it just in time with two minutes to spare. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Used more than I was plannin on, but just couldn't resist PW products at 88-92% off.

Now I have to figure out, what to do with 16 tokens before end of Sunday blush

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327
    edited August 28

After a quiet month, stacked with tokens and GC again.

DealsBack.PNG
    614 x 354 - 355K
    Post edited by Tomhip on
  • Marty3DMarty3D Posts: 28

Is the 30 for 30 offer a one shot offer, or does it last the duration of the PA sale?

I had some mad cart offers yesterday, seemed like mistakes of over 83% on some items incorrectly but yet the 30% off didn't stack on some items that were in the PA sale and should have double/triple stacked say 55/45% then 30%, 30%. Weird so I didn't go for it.

Cheers

• netasknetask Posts: 19

Marty3D說:

30 送 30 的優惠是一次性優惠,還是在 PA 銷售期間持續有效?

昨天我收到了一些瘋狂的購物車報價,似乎某些商品的錯誤率超過83%,但30% 的折扣並沒有疊加在PA 銷售中的某些商品上,應該有雙層/三層疊加,例如55/45%然後是30%,30%。奇怪所以我沒有去。

乾杯

I used it yesterday, and adding it to the shopping cart today is still valid. 

edited August 28

Marty3D said:

Is the 30 for 30 offer a one shot offer, or does it last the duration of the PA sale?

I had some mad cart offers yesterday, seemed like mistakes of over 83% on some items incorrectly but yet the 30% off didn't stack on some items that were in the PA sale and should have double/triple stacked say 55/45% then 30%, 30%. Weird so I didn't go for it.

Cheers

It has applied multiple times for me. However, whether or not it lasts for the entire PA sale is only known to DAZ and they aren't telling. It could be removed at anytime. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

its still there the 30 for 30. Not sure if everyone has this in Lightning Deals, but there is a $100 G9 bundle, 10 items which includes some hair, M % F, for $4.80..Bachelor and Bachelorette Mega Bundle | Daz 3D  dont need any of it but I cannot and will not skip such a deal yeslaugh

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

As far as I remember, it was active for the whole month (as long as someone had 30 items among the selection). But yes, outside of Daz, no one knows if it'll the case this year.

(Hey!) Over, under, sideways, down
    (Hey!) Backwards, forwards, square, and round
    (Hey!) Over, under, sideways, down
    (Hey!) Backwards, forwards, square, and round

[Bridge]
    When will it end? (When will it end?)
    When will it end? (When will it)

NEVER. I can't help myself. Someone tie me down. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155

daveso said:

its still there the 30 for 30. Not sure if everyone has this in Lightning Deals, but there is a $100 G9 bundle, 10 items which includes some hair, M % F, for $4.80..Bachelor and Bachelorette Mega Bundle | Daz 3D  dont need any of it but I cannot and will not skip such a deal yeslaugh

only you! You got a big prize today. Congratulations! 

• Marty3DMarty3D Posts: 28

Ok thanks everybody for the replies!! :D

No G9 bundle either in lighting deals with me for that price.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

barbult said:

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

Charlie Judge said:

It looks so huge and complicated, I'm afraid I could never render it. I hesitate to buy it. Have you tried it?

Not yet. Most of PW's products are well made as well as huge and detailed. The trick is to only render a small portion at a time. 

I bought it. It actually rendered on my 10GB card. I was shocked! My first render (loading the whole scene out of the box) looked flat and cartoonish. It used the default HDRI and dome was turned off. I was extremely disappointed.
    I loaded an HDRI from Poly Haven instead and voilà, much better. The product does not come with any render settings presets.

That looks great! 

The Italian Villa was a no-brainer, but today's Golden Ticket is...silly. I can't decide if it's worth the 2.99 for some of the parts.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

lou_harper said:

barbult said:

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

Charlie Judge said:

That looks great! 

The Italian Villa was a no-brainer, but today's Golden Ticket is...silly. I can't decide if it's worth the 2.99 for some of the parts.

I had it in my wishlist, so I'm definitely getting it. On the other hand, I passed on the villa. It's stunning, but I can't imagine using it for anything.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

rokkr said:

I love those wishlist sales -- because, of course, who doesn't like sales --, but it made my wishlist so cluttered that I'd love it if Daz would allow us to favorite items so they would show in another list. My wishlist has almost any item I have any interest in buying, as small as it can be. I'd like to have a separate list of items I really need. Of course, I could organize one myself, but having one integrated into the site, where I can see prices, sales, and so on, would be way better.

If you have Daz Deals plugin, it adds an option to add comments to the products. They can be anything, but if you use a hashtag, you can create your own categories that will have dropdowns on your wishlist page (acting similar to store filters).

You can also add multiple hashtags to one item and it will go to all the hashtag categories.

For example, you could sort your wishlist by categories like: #g9, #8, and so on. Or #outfits, #monsters, #props. Or #musthave, #maybeonsale, and so on. But keep in mind that it's only one dropdown, so for detailed filtering you either have to use store-native filters to narrow things down or create specific hashtags like #g8outfitmusthave.

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 81

Charlie Judge said:

Marty3D said:

Cheers

It has applied multiple times for me. However, whether or not it lasts for the entire PA sale is only known to DAZ and they aren't telling. It could be removed at anytime. 

Last year, it was until the end. Hope this time it will be so again or I'll be very disappointed (though, at least, I'll save some money -- last year it almost left me bankrupt and I bought so much stuff that I'm still finishing organizing everything in the database I made for my assets).

joanna said:

rokkr said:

I love those wishlist sales -- because, of course, who doesn't like sales --, but it made my wishlist so cluttered that I'd love it if Daz would allow us to favorite items so they would show in another list. My wishlist has almost any item I have any interest in buying, as small as it can be. I'd like to have a separate list of items I really need. Of course, I could organize one myself, but having one integrated into the site, where I can see prices, sales, and so on, would be way better.

If you have Daz Deals plugin, it adds an option to add comments to the products. They can be anything, but if you use a hashtag, you can create your own categories that will have dropdowns on your wishlist page (acting similar to store filters).

You can also add multiple hashtags to one item and it will go to all the hashtag categories.

For example, you could sort your wishlist by categories like: #g9, #8, and so on. Or #outfits, #monsters, #props. Or #musthave, #maybeonsale, and so on. But keep in mind that it's only one dropdown, so for detailed filtering you either have to use store-native filters to narrow things down or create specific hashtags like #g8outfitmusthave.

I think I've heard about this, but I don't use Chrome, I use Firefox (and Opera, but my Daz account is on my FF browser, and I don't think it's available for neither). Is it safe? Does it have access to your account? I'm kinda worried about using those plugins...

rokkr said:

joanna said:

rokkr said:

I think I've heard about this, but I don't use Chrome, I use Firefox (and Opera, but my Daz account is on my FF browser, and I don't think it's available for neither). Is it safe? Does it have access to your account? I'm kinda worried about using those plugins...

Yes it safe and also available in the FF store
    edited August 28

rokkr said:

As something fully funded by subscriptions, I don't think they will do anything nefarious to get more data than needed and nothing nefarious with the data they do get, but you can ask the dev team here about the data they needs and get:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/454726/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on-ii

Post edited by Elor on

Elor said:

rokkr said:

As something fully funded by subscriptions, I don't think they will do anything nefarious to get more data than needed and nothing nefarious with the data they do get, but you can ask the dev team here about the data they needs and get:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/454726/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on-ii

Charlie Judge said: [...]

rokkr said:

Yes it safe and also available in the FF store

I found it, but no way I'll use that unless I see the source code and compile it myself.

"This add-on is not actively monitored for security by Mozilla. Make sure you trust it before installing."

"This add-on needs to: Access your data for sites in the daz3d.com domain"

edited August 29

Hmm, Thusday and no major DO bundle. And I still have a DAZ+ coupon for DOs that I was saving for it. Yeh, I know it is the PA sale but I think in past years we used to get one anyway

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

I'm all into $3 hair. 

• Charlie Judge said:

Hmm, Thusday and no major DO bundle. And I still have a DAZ+ coupon for DOs that I was saving for it. Yeh, I know it is the PA sale but I think in past years we used to get one anyway

I also thought it was strange we didn't receive a DO bundle today.  Worked out in my favor for me because I already used my Daz + coupon and wasn't able to build up any tokens.  Still, I'd like to have seen something to look forward to-last week's bundle was a bit underwhelming.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

daveso said:

I'm all into $3 hair. 

Yes, it's a nice hair but at $2.99 it's only 88% off. 

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

I'm all into $3 hair. 

88% off is still a great discount for a brand new release. We probably won't see a better discount on it for several years. 

edited August 29

Charlie Judge said:

88% off is still a great discount for a brand new release. We probably won't see a better discount on it for several years. 

With 8 tokens as @PerttiA tends to always have on top of a good combination of sales, I guess it will happen sooner, but yes, for most people (myself included), it'll a long time before see a better discount on it, especially one working alone.

Post edited by Elor on
  • Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

I'm all into $3 hair. 

I'll take it. There's also another comparatively recent OOT hair that I have wishlisted that came back on sale that I can get at better than 80% off depending on how many tokens I throw at it. 

• Typically with stacking, 85% off is the best you can get on a non-DO item. Last weekend's sale was the first time in a while I'd seen better than that. Low 90's for most non-DO stuff with stacking and 8 tokens, so 88% off with no buy-in seems pretty decent on a new item!

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155
    edited August 29

With the 30 banner and a previously purchased golde ticket item, I'm seeing 90% off on older PA items with no tokens. I could use my PA coupon to sweeten it a little more... The $2.99 hair doesn't interest me, though. Fortunately, I don't need it to get the discounts. indecision

Post edited by Torquinox on