There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited August 26

...well I was able to get a couple more items off my wishlist with the Wishlist sale. No buy into only got the 20% discount but still needed to use my Daz+ PA coupon before the end of the month so actually turned out better as that saved more than the extra 10% discount (plus the cost of the buy in item) in would have come to.

That's it until "payday" for me (just in tiem for the Labour Day Sale).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,912

stelari said:

I'd say this is one of the best sets of stacking discounts I've seen for a while, if you have a lot on your wishlist. Lots of very recent items able to get to 93%+ with tokens and a few buy-ins (for the Wishlist sale, plus the 20% off entire cart from a couple of days back that is still active), combined with the various featured artists/category sales. I'm sure you can do even better on older items.

Yep.  People ask me how I've built up such a big collection and sales like this are the main reason.  I had 69 items in the cart and 60 were at 90% off or better, all on products that are only a year or two old.  (Wishlist sale + 20% off sale + 8 tokens + a couple of other overlapping discounts depending on the items)  

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

...did the October PA sale come early? Or is this something different?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,634

SilverGirl said:

Well, maybe a week early. But the PA sale is normally during September. It is the DAZ+ Anniversry sale that is during October. 

Charlie Judge said:

SilverGirl said:

Well, maybe a week early. But the PA sale is normally during September. It is the DAZ+ Anniversry sale that is during October. 

Ohhhh... okay. I knew there was something good in October, I just squished the two together, apparently. Thank you for the clarification!

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155

SilverGirl said:

Charlie Judge said:

SilverGirl said:

Ohhhh... okay. I knew there was something good in October, I just squished the two together, apparently. Thank you for the clarification!

Sometimes, the two do get sort of squished together at the joins. Sometimes one runs long the other short, etc. One never knows about these things.

Torquinox said:

SilverGirl said:

Charlie Judge said:

SilverGirl said:

Sometimes, the two do get sort of squished together at the joins. Sometimes one runs long the other short, etc. One never knows about these things.

That makes sense. Honestly, I think I just forgot about the D+ sale in October. I think once I've been onboard for a full year it'll all stick better since I'll have actually experienced it instead of just reading about it. (Getting close, though! I'm at 10 months now and wow I'e learned sooo much... yay for forums and people kindly sharing their knowledge!) 

• dziemian.paweldziemian.pawel Posts: 106
    edited August 26

Hey I got this message:

edit:

but it only does not work at all.

2024-08-26 185324.png
    639 x 292 - 7K
    Post edited by dziemian.pawel on

dziemian.pawel said:

Hey I got this message:

edit:

but it only does not work at all.

I think it was too broadly applied... because I got it too and I do NOT meet the requirements. (Admire the PA's stuff like crazy, have a bunch of it WL'ed, but haven't bought much because atm it's not as urgent a need as some other things) 

• The 30 for 30 items from any featued artist, in total) seems to be working now.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,240

Fun sale, no telling what the price will be until it's in the cart ... so, this hair happens to come up on sale for a very good price if anybody is interested:

https://www.daz3d.com/fe-long-straight-hair-for-genesis-9

n.b. Quality Control or whoever is editing pages might like to take a gander at the description line there:

is a causal and natura long straight hairstyle

• netasknetask Posts: 19

Is this sale different every day? many of the items I put in my shopping cart yesterday have increased in price....

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,240

The sale prices are different according to who has the most recent Golden Ticket Item.

Well, I suppose somthing is better than nothing; but with the fairly high buyin cost ($9.50 for 10% or $12.54 for 20%) today's gift card sale is not much of a bargain, especially since I can't afford a really large gift card.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

netask said:

Is this sale different every day? many of the items I put in my shopping cart yesterday have increased in price....

It's the kind of sale where offers may change everyday yes. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Charlie Judge said:

Well, I suppose somthing is better than nothing; but with the fairly high buyin cost ($9.50 for 10% or $12.54 for 20%) today's gift card sale is not much of a bargain, especially since I can't afford a really large gift card.

If you buy a giftcard for $62.70, the buyins will be free

Just bought a giftcard for $180 and paid $157.49 for the cart (148eur)

• netasknetask Posts: 19

Leana said:

netask said:

It's the kind of sale where offers may change everyday yes. 

Well, I missed Wonder Woman suit yesterday and now I have to carefully and quickly decide what I really need every day until the sale ends. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792

It says the Raw Art golden ticket was the headliner on day 2. I guess I missed day 1. What was the golden ticket/headliner on day 1?

edited August 27

Wonderland said:

It says the Raw Art golden ticket was the headliner on day 2. I guess I missed day 1. What was the golden ticket/headliner on day 1?

The RawArt item was the Golden Ticket item on the first day of the sale. What was meant is that the RawArt item is a golden ticket item for the second time. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited August 27

On a positive note today's Golden Ticket item is a comprehensive and detailed environment. A real super bargain.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,950

Charlie Judge said:

On a positive note today's Golden Ticket item is a comprehensive and detailed environment. A real super bargain.

Right? I couldn't believe that was the golden ticket item for so cheap! I'm for sure snagging this one today. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,835

Charlie Judge said:

It looks so huge and complicated, I'm afraid I could never render it. I hesitate to buy it. Have you tried it?

barbult said:

Charlie Judge said:

It looks so huge and complicated, I'm afraid I could never render it. I hesitate to buy it. Have you tried it?

Not yet. Most of PW's products are well made as well as huge and detailed. The trick is to only render a small portion at a time. 

• NathNath Posts: 2,769

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

Charlie Judge said:

Not yet. Most of PW's products are well made as well as huge and detailed. The trick is to only render a small portion at a time. 

You can load partials, or the whole thing if you're feeling brave. 

benniewoodell said:

Charlie Judge said:

Right? I couldn't believe that was the golden ticket item for so cheap! I'm for sure snagging this one today. 

Same. I'm not sure what I'd use it for, but it's so pretty I feel like I ought to *find* a use for it! 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

PW Italian Villa | Daz 3D  is a beautiful product. It went into the cart right away. I ended up  not buying what I had in there yesterday but the prices all stayed the same I swapped the octopi product for the villa. I have a lot of Rawarts products but this one really didn;t strike me as one I would ever use, but the buyin to save was worth it... 84% off some of my WL items got me to buy some stuff, plus a ton of older items even a lot higher than that if you care to splurge. 

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 81
    edited August 27

Charlie Judge said:

Is there a gift card sale today? Can't see it... Is it exclusive for some people/some parts of the world?

PS: Forget about it... Just discovered it in MDD's sale. If I knew how to delete my post, I would, but it does'nt seem possible... If I'm wrong, and someone knows how to do it, please, tell me.

Post edited by rokkr on
  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 81

I love those wishlist sales -- because, of course, who doesn't like sales --, but it made my wishlist so cluttered that I'd love it if Daz would allow us to favorite items so they would show in another list. My wishlist has almost any item I have any interest in buying, as small as it can be. I'd like to have a separate list of items I really need. Of course, I could organize one myself, but having one integrated into the site, where I can see prices, sales, and so on, would be way better.

This is me being cranky for a moment (perhaps) but... I'm tired of all the fine print.

"HERE IS AN AMAZING THING! IT WORKS ON ALL THESE THINGS!!*"
    *(except for this thing and this other thing and this other thing)

Maybe I'm just not caffeinated enough, but having to keep all the "if, then, but, except" straight when trying to figure out if sales are applying correctly, especially when sales so often apply incorrectly that there is a whole high traffic thread dedicated to cleaning up Daz's mistakes once they go live...

Case in point: the whole Golden Ticket thing. Here's a headliner artist! And a golden ticket item from the artist! But the discount from the golden ticket doesn't work on the headliner artist who created it. And also the discount works if you own any golden ticket item, but also has to simultaneously be in your cart to apply. And I realize that yesterday's is apparently applying to today's purchases, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the way the sale is worded directly contradicts itself. It makes as much sense as the lyrics to "Nottamun Town" (except that song makes no sense on purpose, so it's amusing, whereas this is just frustrating.)

It would be lovely if Daz would apply the KISS principle to its sales.

End rant.

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 690
    edited August 28

Bought way too much today, w the gold ticket item thing, then the discounts and the 30 off and.... SO please Daz give us a giftcard sale w no buy necessary to get the discount. I have like 1.88 dollar left and I want to buy more in this sale, but NOT without using a giftcard for it. Just thought it can't hurt to ask heartlaugh  .  I have more than 1.88 dollar to spend on buying a giftcard of course laugh

Post edited by tombraider4ever on