There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,214

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Didn't the banner coupon say valid until 8/23 23.59h? So why is it already gone?

Will enquire. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Didn't the banner coupon say valid until 8/23 23.59h? So why is it already gone?

I was wondering about the same. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,836

From now on we have to screenshot every offer and coupon.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

barbult said:

I have a screenshot and it clearly says it expires August 23 at 23:59 MDT . Since it has the code I'm not sure if I can post the screenshot.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,836

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

I have a screenshot and it clearly says it expires August 23 at 23:59 MDT . Since it has the code I'm not sure if I can post the screenshot.

Codes are only valid for people who they are intended for, so there should be no issue posting the screenshot. If anyone who didn't get the message tried to use the code, it simply wouldn't work (at least that is what Daz says. But sometimes what Daz says and what Daz does don't match. like the expiration date in question here.)

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389

Take into a graphics program and paint over the code

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687
    edited August 23

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

Please do post the code! I had the banner too and was saving the cart for today, it's so annoying it disappeared. I usually screenshot everything as well, but forgot this time. Bummer! Like Barbult said, banners only work for those intended, so there should be no harm.

To DAZ, play fair, please!

Edit: I DID screenshot it! Am attaching the banner. But the code doesn't seem to work anymore anyway. Please fix, DAZ! 

IMG_9961.png
    2360 x 1640 - 2M
    Post edited by tsroemi on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,214
    edited August 23

PerttiA said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Reactivated. As Barbult said, codes will only work for those intended.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Cris Palomino said:

PerttiA said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Thank you! And sorry for posting in the wrong thread about this, I didn't notice at first. Cheers! 

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    edited August 23
    I always think it is funny when a released bundle is the same price or in this case more expensive than its components. I am currently referring to the zev0 camera bundle. It is cheaper buying each item at 60% off than the bundle at 30% off. It should have been released at more than the starting 30% to make it compete with the zev0 artist discount.
    Post edited by XiousDs on

Cris Palomino said:

PerttiA said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Thanks. The code now works for me. However, the message is still no longer in 'My Messages". While this is not important to me because I know the code, there are probably a lot of people who will lose out because they don't visit the forums and don't remember the code. The message should be reinstated as well as reactivating the offer.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155

I don't remember the code and was thinking of using it today.

Torquinox said:

I don't remember the code and was thinking of using it today.

See the attachment in tsroemi's post above:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8836956/#Comment_8836956

Brilliant! Thanks Tsroemi and Charlie! enlightened

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

Just putting this out there - I'm really grooving on the switch to the sale categories being by generation instead of the vague and seemingly arbitrary designations like "classic" and "legacy" and such. So much easier to navigate! Hope it stays!

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 136

Get an extra 20% off*
    Or an extra 40% off*
    with any “Savings” New Releases

Today's one would be so much more appealing with a bigger pool of items, as it turns out there is 14 items, though some of these overlap as add ons and bundles.

of those 11 are only for gen9 

the remaining 3 is an odd sci-fi halo thing, glass shaders and some clay minifigures for a shelf in the background of a scene.

So no consideration needed, no incentive for me 

theflarf said:

Get an extra 20% off*
    Or an extra 40% off*
    with any “Savings” New Releases

Today's one would be so much more appealing with a bigger pool of items, as it turns out there is 14 items, though some of these overlap as add ons and bundles.

the remaining 3 is an odd sci-fi halo thing, glass shaders and some clay minifigures for a shelf in the background of a scene.

Yeah,  find it difficult too, but well, PA sale is just around the corner! 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

theflarf said:

I added a bunch of stuff from my wishlist to the cart, then whittled it down to a price I could justify paying, and discovered that it would actually be cheaper WITHOUT the only qualifying item I was remotely interested in.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

tsroemi said:

theflarf said:

Yeah,  find it difficult too, but well, PA sale is just around the corner! 

That's where I'm sitting. There isn't really anything I need that can't wait for that, though maybe Labor Day will be good.

Every day cannot be super bonus sale day - My bank account says thanks for that. Labor Day may be special. We shall see.

• stelaristelari Posts: 80

I'd say this is one of the best sets of stacking discounts I've seen for a while, if you have a lot on your wishlist. Lots of very recent items able to get to 93%+ with tokens and a few buy-ins (for the Wishlist sale, plus the 20% off entire cart from a couple of days back that is still active), combined with the various featured artists/category sales. I'm sure you can do even better on older items.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774
    edited August 25

stelari said:

I'd say this is one of the best sets of stacking discounts I've seen for a while, if you have a lot on your wishlist. Lots of very recent items able to get to 93%+ with tokens and a few buy-ins (for the Wishlist sale, plus the 20% off entire cart from a couple of days back that is still active), combined with the various featured artists/category sales. I'm sure you can do even better on older items.

I guess its shop jinga time again. Yeah, the new "savings" items are not interesting to me really. I do like the mimiatures but not the price.  I'm not really sure how the discounting works, as I put a WL item and the Halo thing, its the lowest price, and the WL item I chose did not discount. Then I added another WL and it was 40% off, and another was 76%. its screwy. 

WHAT BANNER HAS THE 20% OFF A CART?  FOUND IT..BUT THE BUY-IN REQUIRES 2 PRODUCTS WHICH PRETTY MUCH MAKES MY CART  WAY HIGHER. That's the problem with most of these sales. Unless you're spending quite a bit, the buy-in does not really save you any more, and most often will end up more expensive. 

Post edited by daveso on

Sorry, not into Jenga. Also, still out of store credit, so that puts a damper on things. And I've got other demands on my spare cash. That all bodes ill for my Daz shopping. crying

• The "24 HOUR STOREWIDE & Wishlist Sale" today-only banner is taking me to the Ooops! cartoon-lizard page.

image_2024-08-25_190416115.png
    1604 x 815 - 1M

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

The "24 HOUR STOREWIDE & Wishlist Sale" today-only banner is taking me to the Ooops! cartoon-lizard page.

Use this link:  https://www.daz3d.com/storewide-wishlist-sale

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

daveso said:

stelari said:

I guess its shop jinga time again. Yeah, the new "savings" items are not interesting to me really. I do like the mimiatures but not the price.  I'm not really sure how the discounting works, as I put a WL item and the Halo thing, its the lowest price, and the WL item I chose did not discount. Then I added another WL and it was 40% off, and another was 76%. its screwy. 

WHAT BANNER HAS THE 20% OFF A CART?  FOUND IT..BUT THE BUY-IN REQUIRES 2 PRODUCTS WHICH PRETTY MUCH MAKES MY CART  WAY HIGHER. That's the problem with most of these sales. Unless you're spending quite a bit, the buy-in does not really save you any more, and most often will end up more expensive. 

The new (Sweepsaurus) Daz+ items also work for the extra 20% off the whole cart.

• Just no buy-in/trigger items I am interested in. Same for items in that Throwback "flash sale" that's been up for 2-3 days. Hope it's better next weekend when I will have a bit of cash. 

On the other hand the latest selection of "Weekly" Freebies is excellent, if you're open to G3.

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

stelari said:

The new (Sweepsaurus) Daz+ items also work for the extra 20% off the whole cart.

This was a game changer info for me, thanks a lot! Brings down the buy-in to make everything else worth it - very much so! yes

PerttiA said:

thanks..thats great to know.  

interesting. I have 4 roducts in my cart at $22, which include the 2 new DAZ+ items. If I delete the 2 DAZ+ items the price is still $22 ... its because of the 20% off store with the DAZ+ products ... so even though I have no need for a street sweeper, might as well grab them at basically free.