There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

daveso said:

SilverGirl said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

*I had to unsubscribe D+ for a week until this coming payday. I hate plumbing issues.

I hope your husband and son were able to get it squared away with the minimum fuss necessary... there's nothing to make you appreciate water staying in the appropriate places like when water does not stay in the appropriate places.

and it gets everything wet too. 

Thanks for the kind wishes & humor, all. Yes they got it done - and then something else started leaking. Fixed.

And talk about getting "everything wet too." The bathroom floor got flooded by our bonus leak! Ugh! We got that cleaned up, then streamed My Adventures With Superman & ate pizza. :)

Everything is made a little better when it ends with good pizza.
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

wonder if there will be a popup banner for additional discount on Kaede 9 bundles? 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Has anyone seen any really good deals on G3/G8 that I might've missed that will probably be still on tomorrow?

What do you consider "Good"? 

Cart150824.JPG
    964 x 1047 - 111K

I wish I could afford to get the larger gift cards. I do get smaller ones if there's a no buy-in GC sale, especially if I am already planning on buying something. As @Elor pointed out, it's an additional discount in those cases.

If I don't buy anything else this weekend, I am at least re-upping Daz+. After buying a GC if that 10% off is still available. :)

Has anyone seen any really good deals on G3/G8 that I might've missed that will probably be still on tomorrow?

I save up money for gift cards, and mostly don't spend any cash. Then when there is a chance for 20% off or more, I buy. Last card I saved up for, I had saved for like 5 or 6 months. I was able to get 36% off on a combined $590 worth of GC. It pays to be able to save up, wish list everything coming out for a time, wait for the right GC sale, then further wait for the right product sale. On the sale with the 75% off coupon a few days ago I skipped buying because the total discount of what I was getting wasn't quite what I was looking for, and it would not include many of the non-DO items I have been waiting for like the sale right before hand so I eventually just dumped the cart and decided to sit on the credit til later.
    daveso said:

wonder if there will be a popup banner for additional discount on Kaede 9 bundles? 

Sometimes weekend makes the discounts better of you are willing to buy some buy ins. I wish listed her, but I don't need her yet so I will wait for a bigger discount for now. Also, there is the buy in item that gives 20% extra off on DO items currently, useful if you were buying more stuff.

XiousDs said:

daveso said:

Sometimes weekend makes the discounts better of you are willing to buy some buy ins. I wish listed her, but I don't need her yet so I will wait for a bigger discount for now. Also, there is the buy in item that gives 20% extra off on DO items currently, useful if you were buying more stuff.

I usually make pretty small purchases, for sure way under $100, likely under $50. I should wait like you do and accumulate and buy a big chunk cheap. As far as current GC deal, the lowest buyin item is around $12, so you have to buy at least a $60 GC to break even. Its pretty rare to see a GC over 20% anymore, especially the way DAZ doesn't allow stacking for a lot of sales.   

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

If I don't buy anything else this weekend, I am at least re-upping Daz+. After buying a GC if that 10% off is still available. :)

The Gift Card offer is valid until the end of Saturday (there is a banner with the date and time).

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155

Hmm, well... I spent 62 cents on a set of HDRIs. That always looks nice on the CC bill. >_> 97% off for something I can actually use... Hard to resist. It's the very definition of an impulse buy.

• So what is "Daz Day," exactly? Is/was it Daz's birthday recently? Was there an act of Congress? Do the kids in Utah get the day off from school?

edited August 17

not so much sale today. 30% extra on WL items but none of mine are high enough already to allow the 30% to make much difference. A couple are at 70% but in the fast grab so nothing else will stack with them, including the DAZ+ coupon, or the tokens. 

Post edited by daveso on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

Reminder that the GC sale ends tonight, in case anyone was intending to take advantage but hasn't yet.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

SilverGirl said:

Reminder that the GC sale ends tonight, in case anyone was intending to take advantage but hasn't yet.

And there is also a good possibility that the DAZ Day sale with the extra discount on DAZ Originals will also end 

I was excited to see the ability to buy 1 each products from 5 PAs for 2.99 or 1.99 today, until I saw that they were all old products, some not even iray. End that. The last few sales offering great deals have been for older than dirt products. Sure, they're great for people that don;t have them or are still buying old products, but G3 is my lower gen. and usually buy nothing older than Gen8. I rarely buy anything not iray. Yes, they can be converted, but i still don;t buy them

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155

Charlie Judge said:

And there is also a good possibility that the DAZ Day sale with the extra discount on DAZ Originals will also end 

Yes, you were correct.

daveso said:

I was excited to see the ability to buy 1 each products from 5 PAs for 2.99 or 1.99 today, until I saw that they were all old products, some not even iray. End that. The last few sales offering great deals have been for older than dirt products. Sure, they're great for people that don;t have them or are still buying old products, but G3 is my lower gen. and usually buy nothing older than Gen8. I rarely buy anything not iray. Yes, they can be converted, but i still don;t buy them

I'm still getting some G3 stuff... poses mostly, and the occasional outfit or environment/prop that looks well-made or can easily be retextured so it doesn't clash with my newer stuff (and sometimes, depending on what it is, something newer and shinier just doesn't exist). But I wait for them to get lower than that, and I sure as heck wouldn't buy some high-price new release item just to get a $2 price on stuff that's that far back catalog.

Orange banner up!

...two orange banners. Check your messages!

• DripDrip Posts: 1,182

Interesting, the wishlist one doesn't have "can be used only once" specified.

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 82
    edited August 19

Drip said:

Nor does it give any info about when the offer expires. Still, I haven't been able to get any remarkable deals out of my wishlisted items (over 1,700 of them at this point).

The other coupon has been very welcome, though, because of the freebie.

Post edited by Jumbotron on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    edited August 20

Drip said:

And also doesn't have any "must have been your wishlist before xx/xx" requirement 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

Saw this banner and got my hopes up that we were finally getting a G9 centaur.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Gordig said:

Saw this banner and got my hopes up that we were finally getting a G9 centaur.

Nothing says medieval, like a chainmail bikini and some fantasy outfits.... 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687
    edited August 20

Charlie Judge said:

Drip said:

And also doesn't have any "must have been your wishlist before xx/xx" requirement 

It worked at least twice for me yes 

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,182

Regarding the wishlist banner:

- Usable multiple times: used it 2x myself
    - Can be used on new items: I even put todays Aeon Soul releases on my wishlist and got the discount on them.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,411

Decorative new outfits, but nothing even remotely medieval.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Regarding the wishlist banner:

- Usable multiple times: used it 2x myself
    - Can be used on new items: I even put todays Aeon Soul releases on my wishlist and got the discount on them.

Yeah I found the same as well, not sure if it was ever intended or a mistake.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,205

Ghosty12 said:

Yeah I found the same as well, not sure if it was ever intended or a mistake.

Well, now at least it is intended, no business repeats a mistake twice, lol. Many thanks, DAZ!

edited August 22

thanks DAZ for the extra 30% off on WL items. Unforunately most of mine are not at a high enough initial discount to put the products in my "buy" specification % off. 30% off is not an incentive for me to buy, nor is even 50. My low is 70% off, but would prefer even more. Greedy? No, just that I have so much that it takes a real deal to buy more. 

There's always another sale, sooner or later.

Post edited by daveso on
  • daveso said:

thanks DAZ for the extra 30% off on WL items. Unforunately most of mine are not at a high enough initial discount to put the products in my "buy" specification % off. 30% off is not an incentive for me to buy, nor is even 50. My low is 70% off, but would prefer even more. Greedy? No, just that I have so much that it takes a real deal to buy more. 

There's always another sale, sooner or later.

I don't act until discounts stack to a certain point, which for me varies primarily depending on age of the product (yeah, yeah, I'll take a bit lower discount on something shiny and new than I would demand for an older item) and how much I really, really want it (certain things I'll buy immediately at basic first-day discount prices). The 30% off itself is not enough to act on, but if something that stacks on it, it could be enough to make it interesting.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,182

Didn't the banner coupon say valid until 8/23 23.59h? So why is it already gone?