There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155
    edited August 13

I am not so enthused with this GC sale. 10% with no buy-in is stingy and the buy-in items to get only 20% off don't interest me. Thus the buy-in eats the discount for little real gain. Knowing better sales exist and may emerge right around the corner, I'm stuck waiting for a better GC sale. frown

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,836

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

It looks like today may be an expensive day... blush

I was already thinking about getting off the train

Yeah, I might be tempted too.

What looks exciting to you? I glanced over the sale, but nothing grabbed my attention. I must be overlooking something.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

What looks exciting to you? I glanced over the sale, but nothing grabbed my attention. I must be overlooking something.

Pertia loves everything 93% off or more. Lol
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

I grabbed the 2 free items, but actually had a difficult time choosing, not because too many interested me but just the opposite. I have been buying the 2 new DAZ+ items, and found some other ones discounted quite a bit for some reason, not sure why.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Torquinox said:

I am not so enthused with this GC sale. 10% with no buy-in is stingy and the buy-in items to get only 20% off don't interest me. Thus the buy-in eats the discount for little real gain. Knowing better sales exist and may emerge right around the corner, I'm stuck waiting for a better GC sale. frown

I bought a GC worth $180, paid $155.38 for it, which gives me $24.62 for free.
    Also I got "Modern Serenity Suite Props" and "Dragonsbane Barbarian Bundle" for free and 2 tokens to add to my token reserves.
    To top it off, the exchange rate between euro and usd was better today, so I got more dollars with my euros than usual.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010
    edited August 14

XiousDs said:

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

laughlaugh

After getting the GC, the second cart quickly picked up stuff up to $70, but I managed to take it down to 28 items for $40 at 93% off (with 7 tokens)
    Two new items, one from Celebrate and the other from Zombie Mashup (just had to get the Cute Backback) and the rest is DO items from the Featured Artists stores from both sales and the Legacy selections.

Edit; Now that I have pulled the trigger... Discounts that were said not to be stacking, were stacking anyways

Post edited by PerttiA on
    PerttiA said:

XiousDs said:

barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

laughlaugh

After getting the GC, the second cart quickly picked up stuff up to $70, but I managed to take it down to 28 items for $40 at 93% off (with 7 tokens)
    Two new items, one from Celebrate and the other from Zombie Mashup (just had to get the Cute Backback) and the rest is DO items from the Featured Artists stores from both sales and the Legacy selections.

Well it's a decent deal if you get the buy in new release, have 8 tokens, and stick to the 70 to 80% off stuff. Something showing up at 93% off becomes 97% off which does not seem like much of a difference but actually it is huge. At 97% off you can buy over 2x as many things for the same amount of money.
    I'm thinking about getting the $40 for 8 tokens. If I do that and since I did not use the coupon for 75% off, I could get Tabitha 9 Pro, Harlow 9 Pro, Zahara 9 Pro, John 9 Pro, and the Valentine mega pack at about 94% off excluding the 2 buy-in items.
    Just curious are the "60% off Lion featured artist stores" showing up in the celebrate-daz-day page only discounting to 50% off for others too? I am looking for some kind of small text requirement, but I don't see it.
  • AZDigitalArtistAZDigitalArtist Posts: 784
    edited August 14

Same for me, XiousDs

Why no link for the selected Luthbel items?  I can't seem to find anything that works.  Help!

Ah. I see its only the three I own.

Post edited by AZDigitalArtist on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,836

AZDigitalArtist said:

Same for me, XiousDs

Why no link for the selected Luthbel items?  I can't seem to find anything that works.  Help!

I think there are only three choices, those that are shown on the sale page. Slim pickings.

Screenshot 2024-08-14 011926.jpg
    816 x 595 - 143K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

daveso said:

I grabbed the 2 free items, but actually had a difficult time choosing, not because too many interested me but just the opposite. I have been buying the 2 new DAZ+ items, and found some other ones discounted quite a bit for some reason, not sure why.

...yeah had the same issue I know it's hard to turn down something that is actually free with no other strings attached, but the question becomes, "will I ever actually use it?"  When I unchecked Hide Items that I own, I saw things I would normally have selected had I not already purchased them.  The second item, was tougher as about midway through the pages it was already showing G1 and Gen4 content.   

Ended up getting Ant Farm's cyber doggie (which I can use in my cyberworld illustrations) and a rather elegant  fantasy spell library (that I  could repurpose with a bit of kitbashing).

• barbult said:

AZDigitalArtist said:

Same for me, XiousDs

I think there are only three choices, those that are shown on the sale page. Slim pickings.

Yeah, there were only 2 for me as I owned the other...but only 1 of them discounted to 2.99, the other (Dark Dude Bundle) didn't no matter what order I put them in the cart, or even if that was the only one rather than both. 

today appears to be a washout for me. Not interested in overpriced HDRI...Suppose the free one brings the price down to at least better. I need another wishlist sale. 

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 136

I do find it funny, yesterday was great as DAZ 'free' aligned with the real world 'free' today we're back to the normal DAZ free

So an easy miss, but they can't all be winners. 

• I picked up a pair of athletic shoes from the nonD+ free selection yesterday (very little interested me) & to my surprise it triggered the weekly D+ freebie even with the code dropping the price to $0.* So that was a pleasant surprise. 

*I had to unsubscribe D+ for a week until this coming payday. I hate plumbing issues.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

*I had to unsubscribe D+ for a week until this coming payday. I hate plumbing issues.

I hope your husband and son were able to get it squared away with the minimum fuss necessary... there's nothing to make you appreciate water staying in the appropriate places like when water does not stay in the appropriate places.

SilverGirl said:

I hope your husband and son were able to get it squared away with the minimum fuss necessary... there's nothing to make you appreciate water staying in the appropriate places like when water does not stay in the appropriate places.

and it gets everything wet too. 

• daveso said:

SilverGirl said:

Thanks for the kind wishes & humor, all. Yes they got it done - and then something else started leaking. Fixed.

And talk about getting "everything wet too." The bathroom floor got flooded by our bonus leak! Ugh! We got that cleaned up, then streamed My Adventures With Superman & ate pizza. :)

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

daveso said:

SilverGirl said:

Thanks for the kind wishes & humor, all. Yes they got it done - and then something else started leaking. Fixed.

And talk about getting "everything wet too." The bathroom floor got flooded by our bonus leak! Ugh! We got that cleaned up, then streamed My Adventures With Superman & ate pizza. :)

Solidarity. My ex-husband once managed to break the tank off the back of the toilet. Bonus points: it's a one toilet house, and my eldest was just through toilet training and I'd gotten rid of all the diapers. Dude didn't understand why "just drive to the gas station" (three miles off) was an unreasonable solution. >facepalm< My dad was totally my hero on that one. 

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 635

SilverGirl said:

Amen. On Christmas Day last year my son found the water tank empty and the pump overheating...the ground had subsided slightly, enough that the tank shifted and cracked and emptied 25,000 litres of water over the ground. Sucked to be us.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687
    edited August 15

lorraineopua said:

SilverGirl said:

Amen. On Christmas Day last year my son found the water tank empty and the pump overheating...the ground had subsided slightly, enough that the tank shifted and cracked and emptied 25,000 litres of water over the ground. Sucked to be us.

You poor things! I feel you so much. We had a pipe clog up slowly over time, only noticed that the bathroom sink was draining poorly - nothing much to worry about, old pipes, will clean it out later ... Little did we know that the heating system's condensation outlet was also connected to that very pipe. Until one horrible day when the whole thing shorted out suddenly with an almighty jolt, and the plumbing guys later found water backed up right into the boiler container. And even then we only discovered the reason by sheer coincidence, because I tried to use the bathroom sink while the plumber was there, and the water came right back at me, and THEN did the two of us think to maybe crawl behind the heating system and figure out the complicated mess of pipes ...

Edit: To not derail the thread too much, I see that the gift card sale is still running. I didn't find it too bad, you can grab the new furniture set as the new item you need for the 20% off - I got it for something like 6 bucks with 3 or 4 tokens I think. That wasn't too bad, I got a 150 bucks GC. So just as a heads-up if someone hasn't noticed it's still there.

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,914

tsroemi said:

lorraineopua said:

SilverGirl said:

You poor things! I feel you so much. We had a pipe clog up slowly over time, only noticed that the bathroom sink was draining poorly - nothing much to worry about, old pipes, will clean it out later ... Little did we know that the heating system's condensation outlet was also connected to that very pipe. Until one horrible day when the whole thing shorted out suddenly with an almighty jolt, and the plumbing guys later found water backed up right into the boiler container. And even then we only discovered the reason by sheer coincidence, because I tried to use the bathroom sink while the plumber was there, and the water came right back at me, and THEN did the two of us think to maybe crawl behind the heating system and figure out the complicated mess of pipes ...

I totally feel for you.  My house was previously owned by an overzealous "do-it-yourselfer" named Monty, and even after 10 years in this house, we're still finding bizarre things that Monty did.  Worst was a few years back, in the middle of winter and a major deep freeze, when some people came to our door and told us that there was water pouring out of the side of our house.  It turned out that it was a pipe to the lawn irrigation system he'd installed, and as we were fixing it, we realized that the water coming out was hot.  Apparently he'd hooked it up to the wrong pipe and we'd been watering the lawn with hot water straight from the water heater, and eventually the hot water had weakend the PVC Pipes and...  Yeah, plumbing is not something that amateurs should be messing with.  

• NathNath Posts: 2,769

So, how was the lawn doing, with being cooked and all?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

This thread appears to have totally gone off track.

not much going on for sales today, that's for sure. I can get the new character, Kaede 9 Pro bundle, Kaede 9 | Daz 3D , down to a cart of $42, and that's using my 5 tokens and DAZ+ DO coupon. The list price for these bundles are getting extremely high. 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

If you decide to get it, don't forget that you can get a 10 % discount by buying a gift card to pay for your cart.

Elor said:

If you decide to get it, don't forget that you can get a 10 % discount by buying a gift card to pay for your cart.

thanks. I would have forgotten about that. Another $4 off yes 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155

I'm on break from Daz asset procurement. I do have my DO coupon, and I'll use that. Frankly, I'm waiting for the right LD to magically appear. Otherwise, I'll wait a bit and do what makes sense as end of month approaches. I am not enticed by the current GC sale as I don;t want any of the buy-in items. I am not enticed to buy without a decent amount of store credit on account. I have plenty of stuff in my library. So, yes. I feel a procurement vacation coming on.

• I wish I could afford to get the larger gift cards. I do get smaller ones if there's a no buy-in GC sale, especially if I am already planning on buying something. As @Elor pointed out, it's an additional discount in those cases.

If I don't buy anything else this weekend, I am at least re-upping Daz+. After buying a GC if that 10% off is still available. :)

Has anyone seen any really good deals on G3/G8 that I might've missed that will probably be still on tomorrow?