There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    Anyone know if UVTaylor https://www.daz3d.com/uv-tailor works with gen8/8.1/9? Anyone use DSON editor https://www.daz3d.com/dson-editor or shape reprojector https://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-shape-reprojector? If so thoughts. I'm thinking about getting the LineRender9000. Curious what in particular folks like best they see in the Roar10 options.
  • Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 31

XiousDs said:

Anyone know if UVTaylor https://www.daz3d.com/uv-tailor works with gen8/8.1/9? Anyone use DSON editor https://www.daz3d.com/dson-editor or shape reprojector https://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-shape-reprojector? If so thoughts. I'm thinking about getting the LineRender9000. Curious what in particular folks like best they see in the Roar10 options.

I sorted by highest price and worked backwards from there. There are so many pages of goodies the answer likely depends on each person's own projects and goals. I went with 1/3 tutorials, 1/3 stuff for visual novels, 1/3 nice to haves.

UV Tailor looks cool but from what I can tell it stops at Gen 3. Maybe try https://www.daz3d.com/multi-map-loader as an alternative tool/approach. DSON editor is super useful. Can't speak to the others!

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

XiousDs said:

Curious what in particular folks like best they see in the Roar10 options.

I scanned for WL hearts and put anything in my cart that had one, and then looked at the options in my cart and narrowed it down from there. There were several things along the way I discovered and went "oh cool" but they weren't urgent needs, so I WL'ed them.  

https://www.daz3d.com/everyday-cables And https://www.daz3d.com/mick-medieval-interior-construction-kit were my biggies, and the rest is some shaders and a pose pack and an outfit.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

I went for stuff that is NEVER on sale, not that I've seen (or remembercheeky) in a year, at least.

• NorthOf45 said:

I went for stuff that is NEVER on sale, not that I've seen (or remembercheeky) in a year, at least.

I'm prowling around looking for some off-the-beaten-path items myself. 

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 740

Question. Is the 2.99 1.99 sale working for anyone else? (The one on the Get Groovy page on top. Because I put a couple items in the cart and they are staying full price, I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a trigger condition or not, but there are none listed.

• Malandar said:

Question. Is the 2.99 1.99 sale working for anyone else? (The one on the Get Groovy page on top. Because I put a couple items in the cart and they are staying full price, I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a trigger condition or not, but there are none listed.

Looks like there's a voucher code to trigger it. It's not on the sales page but is on the banner. SPRING-FLING if you missed it.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited August 11

did you put the code in yet? It doesn't show the correct price until you put the code in. It is working for me.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...well the Roar10 coupon was a welcome deal..   Was able to get a few things ff the wishlist. for about 1/10th the price 

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 184

On the heels of the nice sale on Friday, this ROAR10 sale is working out really well for me. Some hair, and outfits (one outfit in particular that I've never seen on sale) for $2.99 each make me happy- a very worthwhile sale.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155

I agree, cheers to roar 10

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 740

frank0314 said:

did you put the code in yet? It doesn't show the correct price until you put the code in. It is working for me.

The listing on the get groovy page does NOT list a code to enter, that is on another banner entirely, I think the code should be in BOTH locations.

I fell a sleep finalizing my roar10 picks. The dangers of shopping from your phone in bed when you are tired. Lol. There's always another sale.
    Malandar said:

frank0314 said:

The listing on the get groovy page does NOT list a code to enter, that is on another banner entirely, I think the code should be in BOTH locations.

Ya, I just noticed that the groovy page dis not list the discount code which would make that requirement very confusing. It would be better to not have a banner with the info and just make sure the correct info was put on the sale page.

XiousDs said:

I fell a sleep finalizing my roar10 picks. The dangers of shopping from your phone in bed when you are tired. Lol. There's always another sale.

Ooooh, bummer, I'm sorry. I came pretty close; I'd been holding off until after the last round of lightning deals went through, and about fifteen minutes before that my youngest kiddo decided to take a nap on me (he's currently on an awake-nights schedule), my tablet was across the room, and he'd had a rough enough day that HECK NO was I risking waking him. I wound up hitting the purchase button with about ten minutes to spare - whew!

• UthgardUthgard Posts: 853

The Roar10 sale still shows up on the page for me, but isn't working. I'm guessing it is unintended for it to still be up?

• Uthgard said:

The Roar10 sale still shows up on the page for me, but isn't working. I'm guessing it is unintended for it to still be up?

I would guess not, but reported so they can fix it in whatever way is required.

• UthgardUthgard Posts: 853

Thanks, Richard.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    edited August 12

Richard Haseltine said:

Uthgard said:

I would guess not, but reported so they can fix it in whatever way is required.

Well, it already says in the fine print that it expires at 11:59pm MDT (DAZ time) on Sunday 11 August.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • jd641jd641 Posts: 454

I'm trying to get the Dancing New Releases + Featured Artist discount to work. I have the new OOT hair in my cart and the sale says I can add another OOT hair from that FA link to get an additional disocunt. I'll add the strand based Every day updo 3 to the cart but there's no extra discount. What simple thing am I missing/doing wrong here?

• jd641jd641 Posts: 454

ok so everything in the OOT page vanished and it's replaced with two v4 bundles which makes the EUpdo 3 hair 22.99.

edited August 12
    Daz sales folks in charge of these sales right now are really ticking me off with the this sale is good, then sale is no good, price is this, then price is that, this item is in the list, surprise no its not...it really s*cks. I get flash sales and I pay attention to the stupid small fine print, but if a sale starts at the beginning of new Daz day and is still a thing half way through the day removing the special before Daz midnight is a sucky way to treat customers. I spent half the day deciding what I was going to get with the dark night item special where you get 3 dark new release and 17k items became 80% off since it was still a thing and 2x token day and the coupon for 75% off 5 items all still worked today. It made it worth doing a $40 cart then buying stuff in another cart. I figured out my $40 cart and my woot fun 2nd cart to use tokens with. And someone at Daz decides to kill the page and discounts?!... It was literally working about an hour ago when adding things to cart. This is a super aweful way to treat customers. Someone at Daz just wasted a bunch of my time today and DAZ is getting 0 sales from me today when I was planning on doing a multi hundred $ cart. Keep the stupid 75% off wishlist coupon for now. I'll buy something later when I feel like someone's not just going to waste my time and put me in an aweful mood. This is atleast the 3rd time something has happened like this in just over a month. At least that after deciding to swap some of my $40 cart items with discounted dance stuff, that I noticed the page for the dark night bundle was gone. I went back and re-added some of my picked items to make sure discount was still working and found that it was not. I would have been so incredibly upset if I had bought the $40 cart to get tokens and then started filling my 2nd cart up just to find out that it was a huge waste of time. I then would have had to put in a ticket to return everything I bought just to get tokens which would have been even more hassle. Instead now we have a stupid discount off 3 teacher's pet stuff instead of the sale we started the day with... Sorry. I am just really upset this was done again... I know this is a discussion thread. Right now I am discussing my aggrevation with the sales practices.
    Post edited by XiousDs on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035
    edited August 13

it's NOT free stuff for EVERYONE

it's free stuff for DAZ+ members

I just had to pop in to point this out

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,095

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Are you sure ?

I tested in a private window and using the Daz-day coupon, I got one item from the selection under the black woman for free (well, it was free in my cart, I didn't check further).

(It could be worded better because I suppose you reacted to 'Daz+ Exclusive Freebies!' which can give the impression that both selections are exclusive to Daz+)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

It looks like today may be an expensive day... blush

I was already thinking about getting off the train

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035

Elor said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Are you sure ?

I tested in a private window and using the Daz-day coupon, I got one item from the selection under the black woman for free (well, it was free in my cart, I didn't check further).

(It could be worded better because I suppose you reacted to 'Daz+ Exclusive Freebies!' which can give the impression that both selections are exclusive to Daz+)

Ah yes thankyou, it is worded terribly 

Daz Day Freebies!

Daz+ Exclusive Freebies!

Daz+ Members:

Get 1 Item Free

SHOP NOW

Use Coupon Code:
    DAZ-DAY to choose
    any 1 of these Items free*

SHOP NOW

* Coupon Code usable once per customer.

I think my brain is oozing out my ears from having gone through every page of both of those sections, but I picked the two items from my wishlist that will give me the most bang for my buck (and wound up putting a bunch more stuff ON my wishlist as I was going through... it's like trying to drain a leaky canoe with a thimble but I'm not complaining).

Also got some good mileage out of double token Tuesday (which I rarely get to enjoy) and spent both of my monthly coupons.

... so you all can thank me when Murphy's Law kicks in and Mesh Grabber 4 releases tomorrow. =P

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    edited August 13

Hmm, Awhile ago the SciFi Fan Art AddOn Bundle disappeared and now he Dark Knight Bundle and associated products have also disappeared from the store. This is getting to be a bit disconcerting. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • mdingmding Posts: 1,205

Thanks for the freebie, DAZ!

• PerttiA said:

It looks like today may be an expensive day... blush

I was already thinking about getting off the train

Yeah, I might be tempted too.