There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    PerttiA said:

I'm trying to resist going back to town to get a prepaid Mastercard as my store credit is down to $55...

Current cart, 28 items for $51 at 94% off (with 8 tokens)

Ya, this sale works great if you already have 8 tokens. I'm just not jumping on board for now since the pro bundles I wanted were removed.
  • gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 184

Finally a sale that I find enticing! The coupon code stacks with discounted items on my wishlist resulting in 87% discounts on them. I'm happy to finally buy these items for $2.75 each.

What I really like is that the buy-in item was less than $5.00. This is a very happy Friday for me.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155

I'm still almost out of store credit, and I don't really want to go buying a bunch of stuff without it. As Charlie Judge likes to ask, can we please get a gift card sale? Preferably something with low/no buy-in and at least 20% discount? Don't laugh! That happens sometimes. I got spoiled by those 30% sales that included GCs.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 136
    edited August 9

I just opened the main page and it had an offer going 10 items for $2.99 each or something like that, i clicked on the link to start picking stuff out. https://www.daz3d.com/lions-roaring-twenties ;

But now I can't find the tab to see what the offer code was. 

So think I may have just picked out a ton of stuff for no apparent reason. 

Post edited by theflarf on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,914

theflarf said:

I just opened the main page and it had an offer going 10 items for $2.99 each or something like that, i clicked on the link to start picking stuff out. https://www.daz3d.com/lions-roaring-twenties ;

But now I can't find the tab to see what the offer code was. 

So think I may have just picked out a ton of stuff for no apparent reason. 

Ditto here.  This store just keeps getting more annoying.  But hey, yesterday I got a 50% off coupon for yesterday only that was only sent to my DIM, so I didn't discover it until I went to download the $185 purchase I had just made.  Filed that one with DAZ Sales Support, since at least I caught it before the offer expired, so we'll see... 

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,213

Got the coupon code, but it doesn't work. guessing they posted it too early

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 136

Wouldn't be shocked to see it come back later then, but with 90% of the stuff I was tempted to buy not included anymore.

Anyway, glad I wasn't going crazy with it appearing! 

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 740

What happened to the weekend blowout sale?  Says it was supposed to last until Sunday. It was there for a bit but now poof.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,914

Probably meant for tommorow and someone pushed the wrong button:

• XelloszXellosz Posts: 742

What's the URL code to filter out Daz+ from the listing?  It was something like this years ago at the end:  #filter_platClub=0&filtered=1

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

SilverGirl said:

Yup. Second, maybe third, day in a row of a "Buy pricy new stuff I'm not into & get old stuff I'm also not into." Even the current D+ freebies are a pass for me. (TBH, I'd prefer another plant. Heck, give me another vignette from the OD'd on Neon genre.)

I feel there really is more that could be done with hot tubs. cheeky

But it's all good, because in my household, it's International Fix The (Censored!) Plumbing Week. So can't buy anything right now. 

eeew... sympathies. 

Thanks for the sympathy; I needed that. Husband & son are on the plumbing.

I just used one of the older non-neon D+ vignettes that I think is by the same PA for an SF render. I can always use the Neons in cyberpunk or else change out the shaders. 

I can't imagine where I would need a hot tub, and my jam's contemporary fantasy (with a hard lean away from sci-fi / steampunk elements), so I've yet to use one, let alone the multiple iterations we've been given.  But I'm glad other people are enjoying them. smiley 

It's funny that part of the reason I initially signed up was for the freebies (specifically Tanglewood Dell, which it turns out my CPU can't handle) but I've yet to find more than a few useful. The discounts are good, though, so I stay for that.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

SilverGirl said:

Yup. Second, maybe third, day in a row of a "Buy pricy new stuff I'm not into & get old stuff I'm also not into." Even the current D+ freebies are a pass for me. (TBH, I'd prefer another plant. Heck, give me another vignette from the OD'd on Neon genre.)

But it's all good, because in my household, it's International Fix The (Censored!) Plumbing Week. So can't buy anything right now. 

eeew... sympathies. 

I just used one of the older non-neon D+ vignettes that I think is by the same PA for an SF render. I can always use the Neons in cyberpunk or else change out the shaders. 

I can't imagine where I would need a hot tub, and my jam's contemporary fantasy (with a hard lean away from sci-fi / steampunk elements), so I've yet to use one, let alone the multiple iterations we've been given.  But I'm glad other people are enjoying them. smiley 

It's funny that part of the reason I initially signed up was for the freebies (specifically Tanglewood Dell, which it turns out my CPU can't handle) but I've yet to find more than a few useful. The discounts are good, though, so I stay for that.

The freebies are a nice ever so often bonus. The $6 coupon is sometimes nice sometimes a miss. Usually i can find something to throw it on by the end of the month if I still have it. The bonus 30% discount on DO is my main reason for it. In fact most of my purchases now are DO and I skip out on most stuff that is not since I won't get the extra 30% off. There are some exceptions, mostly tools, and a few favorite artists unless the overall sale price gets good enough. I finally bought some of Mechesars stuff for like 92% off a month or so ago. As far as my preferred style, my go to is sci-fi/cyberpunk with heavy fantasy and horror leaning. Who says frog folks don't use cybernetic implants and sci-fi gear to fight Cthuhlu horrors in the future? Lol
  • SilverGirl said:

SilverGirl said:

eeew... sympathies. 

I haven't found any use for a hot tub either, & already has at least 1 from back when it was called Platinum Club, so I passed on the neon one. I suppose I could put dirty/grunge shaders on the set and use it in a post-apoc piece. Or as a planter for some of those free flowers.

Since you do contemporary fantasy, here's an idea. I read a novel recently about a detective who is a zombie (Dan Shambles is the series). There was a monster who was planning to use his hot tub to cook his favorite dish, which was humans. Perhaps something related for Halloween?

Since you do contemporary fantasy, here's an idea. I read a novel recently about a detective who is a zombie (Dan Shambles is the series). There was a monster who was planning to use his hot tub to cook his favorite dish, which was humans. Perhaps something related for Halloween?

Okay, that concept is horrible and also made me laugh. It doesn't really fit anything in my plotline, but who knows? I'll tuck it in my back pocket, and maybe it'll surprise me someday. Thanks. :)

(Maybe if I retexture everything, I could make it a *giant* bob for apples thing...?)

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

SilverGirl said:

Okay, that concept is horrible and also made me laugh. It doesn't really fit anything in my plotline, but who knows? I'll tuck it in my back pocket, and maybe it'll surprise me someday. Thanks. :)

(Maybe if I retexture everything, I could make it a *giant* bob for apples thing...?)

When in doubt, always add tentacles or explosions... ;) Michael Bay will tell you that everything looks better with an explosion in the background.

On a more on topic note, Daz allowing us to use Daz+ new release with that wishlist coupon was very generous. With the stacking base discount (65% off), one Daz+ release (elegant lady props), and one stray token, I managed to get Genesis 9 Trolls Mega Bundle for a total of $17.9 ($3.25 buy in included). I could have also gotten Larh the Lion Pro Bundle for a similar price (and Karmen and Caldwell), but I was much more excited about trolls than lions, so I picked some other cheaper stuff for the rest of my 5 items.

Today was a good shopping day. Yesterday was not a bad day either, and I did get stuff before. If it continues like that, my bank account might be in some serious danger.  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,841

Yes, shopping has been more fun the last couple days.

joanna said:

On a more on topic note, Daz allowing us to use Daz+ new release with that wishlist coupon was very generous. With the stacking base discount (65% off), one Daz+ release (elegant lady props), and one stray token, I managed to get Genesis 9 Trolls Mega Bundle for a total of $17.9 ($3.25 buy in included). I could have also gotten Larh the Lion Pro Bundle for a similar price (and Karmen and Caldwell), but I was much more excited about trolls than lions, so I picked some other cheaper stuff for the rest of my 5 items.

Today was a good shopping day. Yesterday was not a bad day either, and I did get stuff before. If it continues like that, my bank account might be in some serious danger.  

I *almost* managed to score the Nutcracker Prince mega bundle (which has been on my list since December)  for $10 because it was on a lightning deal... but they didn't get the trigger issue sorted out until it expired. Which maybe is good overall because I wound up going through the bundle and deciding that most of it I would never use and wishlisting the few things I would, and I'll just wait for some amazing sale later on those. Not like I need it urgently anyway.

Quite happy with the cart I wound up with, though. Three Zeddicus pose sets I'm likely to get use out of in the next month, plus a velvet shader set and a character released in April that were both holding things up by not having them. Used the Elegant Lady Props as my trigger as it's stuff I'd actually use. When factoring in the discount from the gift card I was using, the whole cart cost me a little under $12 real money, and I came out at about $36 overall below recent best prices as listed on Daz Dealz (which I know are a little skewed but still).

And I now have a single, shining token to use... we'll see if it winds up expiring or not LOL.

edited August 10

I'd be curious to know if the ROAR10 works more than once.

It doesn't say it's limited use, but that doesn't always mean anything.

EDITED to remove hyphen incorrectly included in coded

Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 31
    edited August 10

SilverGirl said:

I'd be curious to know if the ROAR-10 works more than once.

Single use! (Just tried doubles, on the second cart it says "Coupon code is not valid")

Edit: also, no hyphen

Post edited by Cam Fox on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

SilverGirl said:

I'd be curious to know if the ROAR-10 works more than once.

Tried using it twice - didn't work second time ....

edited August 10

Good catch on the incorrect inclusion of a hyphen; I've edited to make it accurate. I think my brain just did a mashup of this one and yesterday's code...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

It only works once unless spesified otherwise. Can anyone check for me the ROAR10 offer for $2.99 and then Tokens stacking on it? Is it working for anyone?

• Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 31

frank0314 said:

It only works once unless spesified otherwise. Can anyone check for me the ROAR10 offer for $2.99 and then Tokens stacking on it? Is it working for anyone?

I tried tokens with it (trying to be thrifty since I already blew my budget this month, haha) and they didn't stack for me. Lots of great stuff to choose from in that sale!

OK, thank you very much. I'm gonna report it now.

edited August 10

frank0314 said:

It only works once unless spesified otherwise.

I'd say that makes sense, except sometimes coupons specifically state 1x use, sometimes they state multiple/unlimited use, and sometimes they state nothing at all. And sometimes the ones that state nothing at all have indeed worked multiple times (without getting nerfed partway through the day).

I love that the ending time is now included in sales... perhaps we could get a bit more consistency with this as well?

• jmtbankjmtbank Posts: 175

frank0314 said:

I only had 1 token. I also couldn't get it to apply in the basket for ROAR10.

We figured out it isn't suppose to stack. The clause was on the rolling banner that I saw after I reported it so they went ahead and added it to the sales page as well.

jmtbank said:

frank0314 said:

I only had 1 token. I also couldn't get it to apply in the basket for ROAR10.

Did you use it yesterday at all? If so it's only usable once.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Wow, ROAR10 is a pretty great sale!

• SilverGirl said:

You're right it is horrible, about on the border of what I can tolerate. I like bobbing for apples better. Wonder if the scale works for the giants I have?