There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    Cam Fox said:

International Cat Day sale, I have four Dark new releases in cart, but not seeing the 80% off Featured Artist Stores items with 3 or more "Dark" New Releases.

Items from cat day Featured artist stores seems to be capped at 60% no matter how many Dark new releases are in cart.

Will check back in a few hours to see if it's a glitch!

Yes, the sale is currently jacked up. It should give 50% off by default on feature artist with 0 dark new releases but it does not. What it does do is give a stacking 20% off for each dark item you buy up to 3 for 60%. My guess is they just need to fix the base 50% discount. If so with tokens this is a potentially compelling sale as there are a lot of the newer options. The night elf DO character is not included yet, so I will probably wait still myself. DO items would be a base 86% off before tokens. With 8 tokens DO would be 92% off without any fancy cart play. Bummer is getting the tokens first.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293

Reported various issues.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

On the International Cat Day page I was perusing the All Artists From July Included! sections and noticed that MightyMite has an icon but when you open it no items are listed?

Is it only me or is anyone else running into this?

• SilverGirl said:

Tile: INTERNATIONAL CAT DAY!!

Top of the sale page: BATMAN!!!

Scroll down far enough: Don't miss your chance to get ten items you're not interested in for the low, low price of two new releases you also don't want!

*sigh*

I briefly had my hopes up that a good, updated cat would be released. Alas, no.

Ah well. Three weeks left for August to kick out something that floats my boat. (Although not literally, because I am not interested in boats and also get seasick.)

Yup. Second, maybe third, day in a row of a "Buy pricy new stuff I'm not into & get old stuff I'm also not into." Even the current D+ freebies are a pass for me. (TBH, I'd prefer another plant. Heck, give me another vignette from the OD'd on Neon genre.)

But it's all good, because in my household, it's International Fix The (Censored!) Plumbing Week. So can't buy anything right now. (Should I go to the Complaint thread now?)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

This stuff needs to be reported in the proper place. This thread is for discussion and the reporting thread is the one that gets watched for store issues and if no one is reporting the issues they can't get fixed quickly until we happen to come across this thread when we're reading posts from overnight. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

just went to my cart and noticed the price had jumped way up. The snow queen HD character had changed from 65% off to 30off, mid stride. what's up with that? deleted from cart. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

I asked a question on your other post

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Yup. Second, maybe third, day in a row of a "Buy pricy new stuff I'm not into & get old stuff I'm also not into." Even the current D+ freebies are a pass for me. (TBH, I'd prefer another plant. Heck, give me another vignette from the OD'd on Neon genre.)

I feel there really is more that could be done with hot tubs. cheeky

But it's all good, because in my household, it's International Fix The (Censored!) Plumbing Week. So can't buy anything right now. 

eeew... sympathies. 

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,490

joanna said:

Halcon Bluesky said:

frank0314 I wanted to buy some items recently on the FastGrab items, It does not let me use the token I got, so there is no price reduction on that.

Historically, though, fast grabs never stacked with anything. Codes, tokens, nothing.

Historically, Fast Grab was the best price you would ever see on an item.

joanna said:

Halcon Bluesky said:

frank0314 I wanted to buy some items recently on the FastGrab items, It does not let me use the token I got, so there is no price reduction on that.

Historically, though, fast grabs never stacked with anything. Codes, tokens, nothing.

Historically, Fast Grab was the best price you would ever see on an item.

I think that was way before my Daz time as for me fast grab has always been the list of discounts you ignore because they either have been or will be cheaper soon via another sale in a month or so. I have only every bought a few items from it just because I was trying trying to hit a specific price point for triggering the unlock of my 8th token before I built my real cart.
    daveso said:

just went to my cart and noticed the price had jumped way up. The snow queen HD character had changed from 65% off to 30off, mid stride. what's up with that? deleted from cart. 

That seems to be because this sale has been pretty jacked up. When the original list of items was put out it was over 21k items (if i remember correctly) and now it is 17,233 items. They removed a bunch of what I was interested in... Tabatha 9 Pro, Harlow 9 Pro, Zahara 9 Pro, the male Victoria 9 addon bundle, all removed from the list of items. Easy to pass on the sale now and wait for later.
  • Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 31
    edited August 8

XiousDs said:

Yes, the sale is currently jacked up. It should give 50% off by default on feature artist with 0 dark new releases but it does not. What it does do is give a stacking 20% off for each dark item you buy up to 3 for 60%. My guess is they just need to fix the base 50% discount. If so with tokens this is a potentially compelling sale as there are a lot of the newer options. The night elf DO character is not included yet, so I will probably wait still myself. DO items would be a base 86% off before tokens. With 8 tokens DO would be 92% off without any fancy cart play. Bummer is getting the tokens first.

Good eye, looks likely that's what happened. (And they fixed it now.) I bought this sale since there was a lot of PA stuff I've had wishlisted forever. Not a lot of cart gymnastics possible this time, planned carefully and bought one cart to gain tokens, then used those on a second cart. Averaged roughly 84% including all the buy ins and not including freebies. You can do that well with banked gift cards if you're more patient.

Post edited by Cam Fox on
    Cam Fox said:

XiousDs said:

Good eye, looks likely that's what happened. (And they fixed it now.) I bought this sale since there was a lot of PA stuff I've had wishlisted forever. Not a lot of cart gymnastics possible this time, planned carefully and bought one cart to gain tokens, then used those on a second cart. Averaged roughly 84% including all the buy ins and not including freebies. You can do that well with banked gift cards if you're more patient.

I was likely going to jump in on this one, but with the removal of the Pro bundles I was looking forward to, I am mostly put off now. Good reason to save credit for later sales. I will likey just wait to do a big cart when there is a good sale that will include the Lianna 9 pro bundle in it.
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    edited August 9

Heads Up: Check your DIM. I just opened my DIM and found a really nice coupon that expires today.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155

Charlie Judge said:

Heads Up: Check your DIM. I just opened my DIM and found a really nice coupon that expires today.

Wow! Checking DIM for coupons is kind of a problem, though. I don't even have time to shop now crying

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited August 9

...thanks. Just grabbed the entire Cyberpunk Metro set for 15.75$.  The coupon also stacks with other discounts.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

Charlie Judge said:

Thanks. No messages just the DIM thingy. Who'da thunk itsurprise?

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389

ArtAngel said:

Charlie Judge said:

I get messages in DIM on my laptop but not on my desktop PC 

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389

Torquinox said:

Charlie Judge said:

Wow! Checking DIM for coupons is kind of a problem, though. I don't even have time to shop now crying

Ain't that the truth I don't open DIM every day. Maybe every other week on my desktop PC and maybe  not that often on my laptop which is where I get messages in DIM not on my desktop PC

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

Robert Freise said:

Torquinox said:

Charlie Judge said:

Ain't that the truth I don't open DIM every day. Maybe every other week on my desktop PC and maybe  not that often on my laptop which is where I get messages in DIM not on my desktop PC

Same here. The only thing I can suggest is that if one of us sees a coupon in DIM they please post here so the rest of us see it and check our DIMs 

Charlie Judge said:

Nice catch! Thank you for sharing! 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Charlie Judge said:

Thank you for sharing! I got a little nice something for myself thanks to you (including certain shaders I haven't pulled the trigger on in the morning).

And yes, I second keeping everyone informed, but forum users already seem to be excellent in that regard, informing of flash sales, unusual stacking, and so on.

Mouser said:

On the International Cat Day page I was perusing the All Artists From July Included! sections and noticed that MightyMite has an icon but when you open it no items are listed?

Is it only me or is anyone else running into this?

Okay checked some of the other venders in the same section and the Vendor called Pinkslip is the same, no items listed.

Robert Freise said:

ArtAngel said:

Charlie Judge said:

I get messages in DIM on my laptop but not on my desktop PC 

Came up on my DIM PC, an orange coloured bare just above the input filter, totaly missed it myself all this time.

Thank You for the heads up!

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,411

No such luck. My DIM is just advertising the dark knight bundle. No coupon. Desktop PC.

cherpenbeck said:

No such luck. My DIM is just advertising the dark knight bundle. No coupon. Desktop PC.

expired at Daz midnight, sadly.

• no noseno nose Posts: 306

welp, accidently unwishlisted something I was considering getting, and now it doesn't work with th coupon anymore. Guess I should wait for the next sale with it.

• SilverGirl said:

I feel there really is more that could be done with hot tubs. cheeky

But it's all good, because in my household, it's International Fix The (Censored!) Plumbing Week. So can't buy anything right now. 

eeew... sympathies. 

Thanks for the sympathy; I needed that. Husband & son are on the plumbing.

I just used one of the older non-neon D+ vignettes that I think is by the same PA for an SF render. I can always use the Neons in cyberpunk or else change out the shaders. 

-----

This is the second time in 2 months they've drastically revised a promo selection. Last month it happened with a $3.99 grab bag type deal and again it seems mostly (only?) the bigger, costlier bundles were taken out.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155

This is the second time in 2 months they've drastically revised a promo selection. Last month it happened with a $3.99 grab bag type deal and again it seems mostly (only?) the bigger, costlier bundles were taken out.

That's what happened! 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

I'm trying to resist going back to town to get a prepaid Mastercard as my store credit is down to $55...

Current cart, 28 items for $51 at 94% off (with 8 tokens)