There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

daveso said:

I really don't like to dwell on DAZ pricing, but have the prices gone up again? Its about putting my limited purchasing limit out to pasture. Too bad, but now I just wait for at least 80% off , for the most part, or close to that if its something I need. For sure more DAZ+ purchases.  Yeah, everyone needs to make a buck, I fully understand that, but there comes a time if everything continues to go up that something needs to stop, and unfortunately, its my DAZ purchases. Its where most of my hobby money goes, but the hobby money is heading for a thing of the past, just so we can eat, pay rent, and the bills.  And sure, we all have to do what we have to do. 

I didn't notice prices going up. What went down, though, is the amount of stacking, especially across different days. You used to have, for example, whole cart discounts if you bought X new releases, but they also discounted the featured artists, and then another new release from another day would add another X% whole cart discount, and if you bought from specific selection, they got extra discount from something else, and so on. 

Now it seems to be just the standard 30% new release discount and standard 50% featured artist discount with 60% if you buy a new release, so most days you glance at the new releases, and if there's nothing you "really want right now", they don't offer enough incentive to use as a buy-in. Then, any special offers often require the use of coupon which means you can't stack them with your Daz+ coupon (even less incentive).

At the same time, this isn't a traditional month of "big sales", and I think the months between March Madness and Daz+ summer sale, that still had some amazing offers every now and then got us a bit spoiled. But Daz+ month sale was slightly disappointing, and I hope it's just personal impressions. I'm waiting to see what the PA sale will bring.

And, as a side note, I really dislike the new trend in showing featured artists as full price and only discounting in the cart. Not only it discourages me from actually putting anything in the cart, but I feel it also hurts Daz in the area of people who shop mostly via their wishlist (instead of checking sales pages). Those people will never know that this or that item on their wishlist is actually discounted, because no one in their right mind will be randomly putting their wishlist items into the cart to see which one discounts and how much.

Stuff like that makes me feel like Daz is doing everything to make people not shop here by introducing "improvements" that are actually hinderances from the perspective of (a particular) customer. Perhaps there's some marketing genius reason behind it. I can only judge by the amount of money I spent in this month so far or total in July when compared to what I used to spend monthly in the beginning of the year.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

joanna said:

daveso said:

I really don't like to dwell on DAZ pricing, but have the prices gone up again? Its about putting my limited purchasing limit out to pasture. Too bad, but now I just wait for at least 80% off , for the most part, or close to that if its something I need. For sure more DAZ+ purchases.  Yeah, everyone needs to make a buck, I fully understand that, but there comes a time if everything continues to go up that something needs to stop, and unfortunately, its my DAZ purchases. Its where most of my hobby money goes, but the hobby money is heading for a thing of the past, just so we can eat, pay rent, and the bills.  And sure, we all have to do what we have to do. 

I didn't notice prices going up. What went down, though, is the amount of stacking, especially across different days. You used to have, for example, whole cart discounts if you bought X new releases, but they also discounted the featured artists, and then another new release from another day would add another X% whole cart discount, and if you bought from specific selection, they got extra discount from something else, and so on. 

Now it seems to be just the standard 30% new release discount and standard 50% featured artist discount with 60% if you buy a new release, so most days you glance at the new releases, and if there's nothing you "really want right now", they don't offer enough incentive to use as a buy-in. Then, any special offers often require the use of coupon which means you can't stack them with your Daz+ coupon (even less incentive).

At the same time, this isn't a traditional month of "big sales", and I think the months between March Madness and Daz+ summer sale, that still had some amazing offers every now and then got us a bit spoiled. But Daz+ month sale was slightly disappointing, and I hope it's just personal impressions. I'm waiting to see what the PA sale will bring.

And, as a side note, I really dislike the new trend in showing featured artists as full price and only discounting in the cart. Not only it discourages me from actually putting anything in the cart, but I feel it also hurts Daz in the area of people who shop mostly via their wishlist (instead of checking sales pages). Those people will never know that this or that item on their wishlist is actually discounted, because no one in their right mind will be randomly putting their wishlist items into the cart to see which one discounts and how much.

Stuff like that makes me feel like Daz is doing everything to make people not shop here by introducing "improvements" that are actually hinderances from the perspective of (a particular) customer. Perhaps there's some marketing genius reason behind it. I can only judge by the amount of money I spent in this month so far or total in July when compared to what I used to spend monthly in the beginning of the year.

maybe that's it. When I see the full price sitting there, it just floors me. My usual thing is to check my WL, filter by percent off. Then I check to see if there are any discounts that could include the ones with highest off. I rarely buy anything less than 70& off. There used to be opportunities to stack items with lower percent off to end up a lot better, but not as often now. . As fas as the DAZ+ coupons, I even had one I did not use last month. With the no stacking the coupons just don't matter to a sale quite often any more.  

• There haven't been a lot of stacking discounts lately, which, along with new stuff I want, are definitely the underpinning of my large carts. My wishlist has grown to dozens - more than any time recently - because there's been a constant scattering in recent weeks of one new thing I want/will eventually get but which didn't come out at a time when there was enough stacking or other new stuff I wanted for me to put together a decent cart.

I've learned to ration gift cards better than I could in the beginning, so having GC credit has become a factor for me also. I've used almost all of the gift card bought a few weeks ago so now I'm watching for a gift card sale.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

Are prices on today's FA sale showing full price or discounted 50% off? I havne't noticed them not showing the sale price before, but another mod said they had.

frank0314 said:

Are prices on today's FA sale showing full price or discounted 50% off? I havne't noticed them not showing the sale price before, but another mod said they had.

They weren't showing them on the FA page earlier today (US Eastern morning): they only showed when you added them to cart. Even the text on the sales page still says "Add to cart to see these amazing savings applied!" Now they're showing the discount on the FA page. The FA from yesterday (the eye of the beast sale) are still showing full price, though.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

daveso said:

Torquinox said:

Yup, just about out of store credit. 

store credit. How do you get that? Gift cards or PA returns?  

GCs with discount. The discount makes the money go further, formatting as store credit makes the interactions easier. The downside is, you've paid money for products you haven't bought yet. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

The one metric for exciting sales I can always use is how many posts I see in this thread every day. Been pretty quiet for a few weeks. I guess everybody is bracing for Big sales afte summer.

Also new font on forums took my brain a moment to process...

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

Tomhip said:

The one metric for exciting sales I can always use is how many posts I see in this thread every day. Been pretty quiet for a few weeks. I guess everybody is bracing for Big sales afte summer.

Also new font on forums took my brain a moment to process...

Agreed.

I thought the fonts looked different. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

• Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 507
    edited August 7

According to my spreadsheet, I've saved $21,000 over the last 3-4 years thanks to various sales and promotions.

Granted, hardly anyone actually buys things at full MSRP (I've only done so twice), so I'm not truly saving that much. But in theory I am, and that's enough to brighten my day!

***Assuming a scenario in which the 'standard store price' is 30% off of MSRP- you can easily grab most things for 30% off without having to wait for a sale- that would still be a savings of $14,000. Which used to be enough to buy a used car!

Post edited by Blando Calrissian on

There's new banner for a flash sale (coupon code, usable once, but nothing about non-stacking), and I have to say, it's the pinacle of convoluted marketing language. I had to open that banner image in a separate language to have enough time to comprehend everything it says, and I'm still not sure whether I got it all clearly. But it does seem to be stacking with discounts from other promotions, so it might be worth playing with the cart. I feel slightly incentivized to spend. Well done, Daz!

• Jorune2112Jorune2112 Posts: 20

I came here to see if anyone could explain the flash sale to me.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Tried a few options in the cart, previous prices was always way lower than the flash sale items except for new items. Emptied cart ....

• Is there anything on the flash sale list that actually stacks? Nothing more than 65% off for me so far and don't think I've the energy to delve deeper.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Is there anything on the flash sale list that actually stacks? Nothing more than 65% off for me so far and don't think I've the energy to delve deeper.

same here. put a few items in cart that were on my WL but nothing else triggered and I'm reall tired of playing cart jinga for 2 hours to save a couple more dollars.  Emptied cart. 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095
    edited August 7

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Is there anything on the flash sale list that actually stacks? Nothing more than 65% off for me so far and don't think I've the energy to delve deeper.

With one item from the list (here: https://www.daz3d.com/best-10-of-july), with the Lights And Cameras For Temple Of Tranquility from the Linday Wet Bundle promo page, it's possible to get Stonemason / Dreamlight items from the Linday Wet Bundle promotion with a 88 % discount (for their own products) or 91 % for DOs.

If you prefer another new item than the Lights and cameras product, you get instead 82 % and 88 % instead of 88 / 91.

There is likely other stackings possibility with the other sales currently active, but with the limit to one new item from the Make-a-deal coupon, you'll likely have to focus on one of them and not pick items from a couple of them.

Edit: and it also works on Lightning Deals, which should get any of them at 90 % for any Daz+ member.

Post edited by Elor on
  • Elor said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

With one item from the list (here: https://www.daz3d.com/best-10-of-july), with the Lights And Cameras For Temple Of Tranquility from the Linday Wet Bundle promo page, it's possible to get Stonemason / Dreamlight items from the Linday Wet Bundle promotion with a 88 % discount (for their own products) or 91 % for DOs.

If you prefer another new item than the Lights and cameras product, you get instead 82 % and 88 % instead of 88 / 91.

There is likely other stackings possibility with the other sales currently active, but with the limit to one new item from the Make-a-deal coupon, you'll likely have to focus on one of them and not pick items from a couple of them.

Edit: and it also works on Lightning Deals, which should get any of them at 90 % for any Daz+ member.

I was coming back to report similar findings. There is one new thing in the current promos that I actually need/want - the horse minion. I can get that down to 76% off with 8 tokens, the Make-a-deal coupon, plus the Lights and Cameras (66% off) and an assortment either from Dreamlight/Stonemason items on the Linday page (I'm seeing 93% off Stonemason items) and the best-10-of-july items, which seem to come in at 75% off. 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Elor said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

I was coming back to report similar findings. There is one new thing in the current promos that I actually need/want - the horse minion. I can get that down to 76% off with 8 tokens, the Make-a-deal coupon, plus the Lights and Cameras (66% off) and an assortment either from Dreamlight/Stonemason items on the Linday page (I'm seeing 93% off Stonemason items) and the best-10-of-july items, which seem to come in at 75% off. 

Thanks for the tip, added some more Stonemason items to the collection !

• I must be doing something wrong.  The sale says you get 50% off with the coupon on the clickable list, but nothing on that pop-up page discounts.

• frank0314 I wanted to buy some items recently on the FastGrab items, It does not let me use the token I got, so there is no price reduction on that.

Me too, I want to buy so many Daz content, if these were very affordable.

A rethink of how Daz content is sold in the store is needed, from time to time to make it more flexible.

AZDigitalArtist said:

I must be doing something wrong.  The sale says you get 50% off with the coupon on the clickable list, but nothing on that pop-up page discounts.

Hmm... I put in a few (Enhanced Facial Expressions, Pale Elf, and something else) and they all discounted, and they also discounted other items for an extra percentage. 

What I did was put one item from the selection. Used the code. It went to 50%. Then added some stuff from my WL that was already discounted 50-60% (watch out for 70% as they might be in fast grab and not discount more) for more discount. Also, one new item went from standard 30% to 66% off. (though some new items didn't discount when testing).

Halcon Bluesky said:

frank0314 I wanted to buy some items recently on the FastGrab items, It does not let me use the token I got, so there is no price reduction on that.

Historically, though, fast grabs never stacked with anything. Codes, tokens, nothing.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

joanna said:

Halcon Bluesky said:

frank0314 I wanted to buy some items recently on the FastGrab items, It does not let me use the token I got, so there is no price reduction on that.

Historically, though, fast grabs never stacked with anything. Codes, tokens, nothing.

I do check them occasionally and have found some interesting stuff in fast grab... but like the LD, it's more of a "fast wishlist".  

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

paulawp (marahzen) said:

They are four that are in the Pool Party selection and they did get as low as 93 % discounted but I saw them after writting my previous message, and I suppose the DO among them would have went even lower but I bought it months ago when it dropped in my LD during a DO sale.

Tile: INTERNATIONAL CAT DAY!!

Top of the sale page: BATMAN!!!

Scroll down far enough: Don't miss your chance to get ten items you're not interested in for the low, low price of two new releases you also don't want!

*sigh*

I briefly had my hopes up that a good, updated cat would be released. Alas, no.

Ah well. Three weeks left for August to kick out something that floats my boat. (Although not literally, because I am not interested in boats and also get seasick.)

• Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 31
    edited August 8

International Cat Day sale, I have four Dark new releases in cart, but not seeing the 80% off Featured Artist Stores items with 3 or more "Dark" New Releases.

Items from cat day Featured artist stores seems to be capped at 60% no matter how many Dark new releases are in cart.

Will check back in a few hours to see if it's a glitch!

Post edited by Cam Fox on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,189

When I saw the title I also thought that we would get a new cat - but no luck.

• FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 281

Cam Fox said:

International Cat Day sale, I have four Dark new releases in cart, but not seeing the 80% off Featured Artist Stores items with 3 or more "Dark" New Releases.

Items from cat day Featured artist stores seems to be capped at 60% no matter how many Dark new releases are in cart.

Will check back in a few hours to see if it's a glitch!

same here. I have a 20% off only

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited August 8

...yeah, had my hopes up for a new cat as well. 

We haven't even had a Cat 2 yet, let alone a Cat 3 or 9 or whatever. The Daz House Cat is basically the old  Mil Cat slightly updated with dForce fur. that no longer loads in the  size of a Great Dane.

I thought  Alessandro mentioned something a few years ago about working on a new domestic cat .  Wonder what became of that.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,769

We'll get a new cat the week after the new Mesh grabber?

Nath said:

We'll get a new cat the week after the new Mesh grabber?

Nailed it.