There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• Trolling has been mentioned already and sometimes it does feel like that... hopefully this will trigger a decent flash sale or two at some point later.

• Elor said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Plus at midmonth there was a no-coupon promo good enough that I got the base G8 morph sets* and https://www.daz3d.com/alicia-armor-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s for the low, low price of my $6 Daz+ coupon. Maybe it was a flash sale?

There was a sale applying up to a 85% extra discount on non new items if you only had non new items in your cart around that time.

That was the one. I even posted in this thread that I liked how that deal was paired with an only new items deal, providing something for everyone. Then 2 weeks later I forgot about it until I looked at my orders. Wow, I really was out of it that week, between the illness & the meds. LOL

• XiousDs said:

PerttiA said:

theflarf said:

And your selection of $2.99 items, all Gen2 or older...easy skip day 

Yeah, $2.99 is way too much for those as the base price tops at around $26 and it's non stacking - Those are items I pick up when they can be bought at around $1 or less. 

For a bunch of those itmes 1$ is quite generous. I would say $2.99 for all 10 or around 30 cents each. The supposed sale price does not even stack with tokens... lol

You just described the original version of the Build Your Own Bundle feature from Daz+ months: a selection of old D+ items that were exactly 8 (or a multiple of 8) for $2 or $3. The selection changed once or twice a week, and I don't think they raised the price on catchups. Granted, after being around a few years, it was hard to put together 8, much less a multiple of 8, items you were mildly interested in, outside of catchups.

As for today's sale - is it just me or do some of those Valentine's poses look really awkward, especially the big one in the main promo? I also thought several Legendary Outfit promos had odd or awkward poses. Of course the point of those is to show the outfit, which looks pretty versatile. I don't plan on getting more than a few unusual G9 characters for a long time, so I don't need it now. Maybe down the road, if I pick up the G9 clones.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241

I didn't notice "bundles" being offered on sale however if one searches the store with the search filters for Daz3D and by price ... about the $28 mark there are a number of Pro Bundles available. {and the $6 coupons work on these as well}

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

Catherine3678ab said:

I didn't notice "bundles" being offered on sale however if one searches the store with the search filters for Daz3D and by price ... about the $28 mark there are a number of Pro Bundles available. {and the $6 coupons work on these as well}

how do you search by price? 

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    edited August 2
    daveso said:

Catherine3678ab said:

how do you search by price? 

Probably means sorting by price from high to low, or the other way around, with Daz selected as artist in the filter.
    Post edited by XiousDs on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241
    edited August 3

Yes it's a search filter.

And by Daz3D, that should have been Daz Originals aka DO. There's also a bundles filter. And, there are still Pro bundles for a little over $28 :-) There are also some that are more but still on sale for over 70% off.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
    I usually don't buy DO bundles unless they are 90% or more off. Sometimes I will get them in the 80-89% range if it works as a buy in to get other even better deals.
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

LD reeeally wants me to buy these hats (https://www.daz3d.com/x-fashion-summer-fashion-outfit-hat-for-genesis-8-and-81-females)

It's the fourth time it's come up in my offerings this week.

I mean, at least it's closer to the right generation, and it's not skimpwear (unless you're wearing nothing BUT the hat, I suppose), but... 

edited August 5

LD reeeally wants me to buy these hats (https://www.daz3d.com/x-fashion-summer-fashion-outfit-hat-for-genesis-8-and-81-females)

It's the fourth time it's come up in my offerings this week.

I mean, at least it's closer to the right generation, and it's not skimpwear (unless you're wearing nothing BUT the hat, I suppose), but... 

Lol. Since you put it that way, I guess most of the DAZ assets could be skimpwear. Lol.
    Post edited by XiousDs on

Flash sale up on the tile carousel.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

Nothing earth-shattering, though. LDs are posting some nice items, but at only 72% off, not worth mentioning. Near as I can tell, it's slow, beginning-of-the-month time frown

Torquinox said:

Nothing earth-shattering, though. LDs are posting some nice items, but at only 72% off, not worth mentioning. Near as I can tell, it's slow, beginning-of-the-month time frown

Yeah, I wasn't inspired either, but I never know what might trip the light fantastic for someone else.

That's okay. I had enough complicated real-world stuff going on today I'm not sure I've got the brain left to play Daz cart games. =P

edited August 6

SilverGirl said:

Yeah, I wasn't inspired either, but I never know what might trip the light fantastic for someone else.

That's okay. I had enough complicated real-world stuff going on today I'm not sure I've got the brain left to play Daz cart games. =P

Me too! It's an excellent time to play with all the cool toys I've already got! smiley

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 300

Not sure if it's correct or not, but there are 224 items in the Fast Grab section.

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 184

Yes, I've never seen the Fast Grab section run for so many pages.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

gfdamron1 said:

Maybe they have been put there to keep the discount at max. 70% off...

Have 6 tokens expiring today - Thinking about letting them go frown 

• Halcon BlueskyHalcon Bluesky Posts: 388
    edited August 6

Edit: I wanted to buy an item in the FastGrab section, I can't use the token 

So I emptied the cart angry

Post edited by Halcon Bluesky on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

The featured artists from today don't show the base discounts unless you put items in the cart which is annoying. If they're 60% off, why aren't they just marked down as such? One less incentive to put stuff in the cart, I suppose. Sometimes it really feels like I'm being discouraged from shopping.

On the brighter side, a few days ago, I got Olivia 9 HD (yes, one of those G9 figures that had HD included as was initially communicated as standard when G9 was released) in Lightning Deals for $4.20. I immediately bought her, even though she wasn't even on my wishlist.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

PerttiA said:

gfdamron1 said:

Maybe they have been put there to keep the discount at max. 70% off...

Have 6 tokens expiring today - Thinking about letting them go frown 

A new rotating banner ad is up and it looks like they put them there for the sale. 

• joanna said:

The featured artists from today don't show the base discounts unless you put items in the cart which is annoying. If they're 60% off, why aren't they just marked down as such? One less incentive to put stuff in the cart, I suppose. Sometimes it really feels like I'm being discouraged from shopping.

On the brighter side, a few days ago, I got Olivia 9 HD (yes, one of those G9 figures that had HD included as was initially communicated as standard when G9 was released) in Lightning Deals for $4.20. I immediately bought her, even though she wasn't even on my wishlist.

Olivia's skin is a favourite of mine that I initially use for many of my characters. Would love to see more skins in a similar vein. Plenty of white skins in the store and a decent number of black and East Asian skins, but not many that suit characters with a heritage somewhere between the Southern Mediterranean, North Africa and South East Asia. I'm not sure that Olivia is supposed to sit there either - I think she may be mixed heritage North/Central American - but her skin is pretty adaptable to characters from somewhere in - or with links to - that rather large and underrepresented region.

I really don't like to dwell on DAZ pricing, but have the prices gone up again? Its about putting my limited purchasing limit out to pasture. Too bad, but now I just wait for at least 80% off , for the most part, or close to that if its something I need. For sure more DAZ+ purchases.  Yeah, everyone needs to make a buck, I fully understand that, but there comes a time if everything continues to go up that something needs to stop, and unfortunately, its my DAZ purchases. Its where most of my hobby money goes, but the hobby money is heading for a thing of the past, just so we can eat, pay rent, and the bills.  And sure, we all have to do what we have to do. 

• NathNath Posts: 2,769

It feels as if I've finally reached saturation point buying stuff just because it's 'cheap'. Doing a reinstall of all my stuff certainly helps with trying not to buy so much LOL. I haven't grown bored with 3D, with the reinstall I'm rendering things I've probably never rendered before blush and I'm using Blender more.

Now hopefully, the feeling of saturation will stay; I've thought that before, and always been reeled back in. Time will tell.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389
    edited August 7

Nath said:

It feels as if I've finally reached saturation point buying stuff just because it's 'cheap'. Doing a reinstall of all my stuff certainly helps with trying not to buy so much LOL. I haven't grown bored with 3D, with the reinstall I'm rendering things I've probably never rendered before blush and I'm using Blender more.

Now hopefully, the feeling of saturation will stay; I've thought that before, and always been reeled back in. Time will tell.

Know the feeling as I was looking at my content. I have over 8TB installedblush and while I have everything from Daz installed I have content from other sites that isn't installed dating back to 2020 blushblush Yep I'm an addict

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,769

8TB? Now I feel like an amateur with only 5...

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300

I'm out of store credit, so I can't buy anything until there is a really good gift card sale. Just as well my new desktop arrived yesterday and in have that to set up to distract me from sales.

Yup, just about out of store credit. 

daveso said:

I really don't like to dwell on DAZ pricing, but have the prices gone up again? Its about putting my limited purchasing limit out to pasture. Too bad, but now I just wait for at least 80% off , for the most part, or close to that if its something I need. For sure more DAZ+ purchases.  Yeah, everyone needs to make a buck, I fully understand that, but there comes a time if everything continues to go up that something needs to stop, and unfortunately, its my DAZ purchases. Its where most of my hobby money goes, but the hobby money is heading for a thing of the past, just so we can eat, pay rent, and the bills.  And sure, we all have to do what we have to do. 

The price of DAZ+ items is higher than what it used to be. The pro bundles have less content in them than what they used to. I agree in that I buy almost nothing unless it hits the 80% off point now. It is also why I rarely buy unless either it is an amazing flash sale without token requirement or it is a super sale with a buy in that I can spend what I have been saving for months to get the biggest bang for the buck. My typical price point is being able to get stuff at 93% or higher off when using tokens with the preference being 95% off. Since. I will need tok3ns for that there has to be enough in the sale to justify first spending $80 to have the tokens for everything else. So normally I will spend something like $150 or more unless I already managed to have the tokens. That is a lot but I might not have spent anything except my $6 coupon for 3-6 months. I think on my last really big purchase I got the Carmen 9 pro bundle at 97% off with a bunch of the other gen 9 bundles for around 94-95% off. Usually those deals require buy ins, but I factor that cost into my purchase. If spending $10 on extra stuff I don't care about saves me an extra $100 bucks on 5 items I do, then I factor that price into the 5 items. So the $5 pro bundle is really $7. Using this method I got the Freja, Ivan, and Angela mega bundles each for around $7.50 with an approximate $1.50 buyin on top for each at the time. I now never buy individual items from within a bundle. I only wait for super discounts on the bundle because they happen a few times a year if you are willing to wait and cart Jenga with buy ins. I also now wish list all DO bundles just in case. As prices have gone up, I just wait for bigger discounts and purchase things less frequently.

Torquinox said:

Yup, just about out of store credit. 

store credit. How do you get that? Gift cards or PA returns?  

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited August 7

GC and option of credit back for purchases

Post edited by frank0314 on