There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 82

Not a fan of the new bundle either. And not because they depict who they depict. In fact, as a non American myself (Spaniard), I find the new offerings attractive enough. It's only that I'm not a fan of figures depicting real people as a general rule. Somehow they make me feel like I'm invading those real people's privacy.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

Wonderland said:

I hope today's release doesn't lead to a bunch of awful memes. Twitter (not calling it X) is already bad enough. We already have people using AI to depict politicians and people of note, and now 3D. I don't think it's cool to depict celebrities in 3D (unless in a flattering way) and I'm pretty sure people will be using these characters in mostly unflattering ways. As someone who is concerned about the future of my country, I just hope my candidate of choice isn't depicted too badly and the memeverse doesn't get out of hand. Memes often depict misinformation that people then believe is true. We need elections decided by facts not memes. 

^^^ All of this.

I'm grateful that at least 3D is harder to pass off as real than AI (disturbing finger counts aside; not everyone looks close enough to catch that), but yeah. All of this.

edited July 11

Jumbotron said:

It's only that I'm not a fan of figures depicting real people as a general rule. Somehow they make me feel like I'm invading those real people's privacy.

I couldn't stomach clicking the details of either of them to find out, but... seriously hoping that anatomical elements are NOT included.

Just sayin'.

Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

PerttiA said:

Was there already a pink tutu for G9? cheeky

...not yet but this one for 8.1 might work.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-classic-ballet-outfit-for-genesis-8-females ;

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    I can't stand one of the folks who are listed in the bundle today, not saying who or why, but I have much worse things I have to worry about in real life, so if the worst part of my day was seeing models resembling said person that i can ignore buying, it's been a good day. Saturday Night Live used to make fun of whoever was the active president without being political. You can choose to be bothered by seeing a render of a fake president in a squirt gun fight or laugh at it for the light hearted goofiness that was intended.
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,155

SilverGirl said:

Okay, can I giggle at how fast Daz CAN pivot when it wants to? I just got an orange banner advertising 50-80% off if I include NO new releases in my cart. Exp. 7/14 end of day.

It's doing the right sort of stuff to LD items. Let's see if something good pops... Also, not bad for some PA items.

When the stars align, lightning deals are truly attractive. I just got Leo 7 Pro bundle for less than 3 bucks. That means it got a 98 % discount. Yay!

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    Jumbotron said:

When the stars align, lightning deals are truly attractive. I just got Leo 7 Pro bundle for less than 3 bucks. That means it got a 98 % discount. Yay!

Thanks. I will keep that in mind this weekend.

XiousDs said:

Thanks. I will keep that in mind this weekend.

You're welcome. :) And I forgot to add that that was the base price of the offer, without applying any tokens to the cart. Superprice.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 136

Yeah, if you get lucky at the moment you could get some amazing LD

I've got something that I probably wouldn't normally have bought, but for 0.34 I'll pick it up, hoping I get something actually from my wishlist this time unlike when we had no other sales ha.  

Discounts on back catalog items are even more favorable today than yesterday

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

now there's a bunch of sales, all at once. Spend heartily. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

The orange banner for the 'Grab Bag Sale for ERGOU' states "New Coupons Daily" but the coupon code for today is the same as yesterday's code

Jumbotron said:

Excellent! Agreed! I got a smaller bundle also 98% off 

• I'm quite enjoying the 30% off a cart of new releases. I would never have imagined I'd be quite so keen on it.

If you're reading Daz, I, for one, am happy to give up legacy items stacking discounts for lower new release prices instead.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

ainm.sloinneadh said:

I'm quite enjoying the 30% off a cart of new releases. I would never have imagined I'd be quite so keen on it.

If you're reading Daz, I, for one, am happy to give up legacy items stacking discounts for lower new release prices instead.

I actually way more enjoy the old releases only discount. Pro 8 bundles for $5 with 8 tokens.

So no dont read this Daz!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

kyoto kid said:

PerttiA said:

Was there already a pink tutu for G9? cheeky

...not yet but this one for 8.1 might work.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-classic-ballet-outfit-for-genesis-8-females ;

There is also this: https://www.daz3d.com/ballet-icon-gala-outfits-for-genesis-81-female-and-genesis-81-male which the promos show both in really bright pink with white tights. You should have no problem using auto-fit to G9. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    edited July 12

Not me casually spending $40 in one day crying

Attractive discounts, though! Decimator for $7, no tokens and no plus membership.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • Halcon BlueskyHalcon Bluesky Posts: 388

Hylas count me in too, I would love to buy some useful items, I want 'em to be affordable price.

I'm seeing a surprising number of 95% off items in the cart with no additional sweeteners. That's pretty cool.

I'd been anxiously checking every day (and afternoon, because flash sales) hoping for another $1.99 sale on i13 stuff since I came in a little too late for the last one.

Today's prices blow that out of the water entirely. Wound up getting a bunch of extra pose sets I wouldn't have otherwise, but at under a buck... well, I'm sure I'll get under-a-buck worth of use out of that.

Much happier camper today.

And I rendered something this morning that came out just how I wanted! Had to delete 99% of a magnolia tree because I only wanted one branch, but I'm grateful for all the people who tossed me good instructions on how to do things like that because it meant I didn't have to get frustrated that what I wanted didn't exist.

(....instead I got frustrated that I accidentally deleted part of the branch I wanted. Twice. No matter how recently one has saved, it's never recently enough.)

I guess I should stop navel gazing and knock some stuff off my WL smiley

@SilverGirl that sounds great! Glad you got some treasure and new skills

• Tomhip said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

I'm quite enjoying the 30% off a cart of new releases. I would never have imagined I'd be quite so keen on it.

I actually way more enjoy the old releases only discount. Pro 8 bundles for $5 with 8 tokens.

So no dont read this Daz!

I've already picked up the pro 8 bundles at those prices in the past, and I already bought the G3-8 products that are useful to me, so most of the stacking sales aren't so attractive to me. The joy of this sale, however, is that we're both happy. We all get better discounts on the products we're interested in without having to buy products we're not!

• protosyntheticprotosynthetic Posts: 118
    edited July 13

"From toddlers to couples"? Ouch. No way at all that can be misconstrued.

Post edited by protosynthetic on
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 136

Got a huge bunch of things off the wishlist for gen3 yesterday (my go too background/side characters in scenes) all for around $1 or less basically (95% off) that's a oldschool deal

protosynthetic said:

Yeah. Definitely some assumptions made and some rather large bits left out of "the cycle of life." Had my hopes up that maybe the age up/down utility for G9 had dropped, but nope.

I do love that somebody's doing younger characters... but the promo renders makes the toddler look a bit like the babies in Renaissance paintings.

I can't be sad for a pose set from Zeddicuss, though. They're lovely and natural-looking.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

I think I'm having the same problem with the new toddler that I did with Tobyn and Caryn (one of them, anyway): she's not posed being portrayed as a toddler, so my brain isn't recognizing her as one. She looks more like a 5-year-old than a toddler.

• protosyntheticprotosynthetic Posts: 118
    edited July 13

With the over-chiseled, ambiguous facial features, too-lived-in collagen, adult teeth, and rhino hide elbows, it's more teenage dwarf than toddler.
    Maybe with different skin and teeth morphs.

Post edited by protosynthetic on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293

protosynthetic said:

Are you sure? I am finding it hard to read it as ouch-inducing.