There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,287

Charlie Judge said:

XiousDs said:

So the next big set of sales should be in September, right? Then most of November-December.

Don't forget the DAZ+ Anniversary sale which is usually in October. 

Don't assume you are safe through July and August either....

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Richard Haseltine said:

Charlie Judge said:

XiousDs said:

So the next big set of sales should be in September, right? Then most of November-December.

After whole June and seeing July so far, I feel pretty safe. laugh I'd love to be proven wrong, though. *hint hint, dear gods of marketing and discounts*

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

that leaves 4 months for me to decide if I will renew DAZ+ membership. I skipped that great deal in the June sale. I'm not even liking much of the new releases lately. I've been buying mainly DAZ+ but what I've skipped in the past I skipped for a reason, so overall the DAZ+ sales not interesting me much. I still manage to spend too much though. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

When did the Blitz sale start (=when do the items change)?

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

Charlie Judge said:

XiousDs said:

Lol. Well I am safe until the my auto renew ticket is possibly resolved. I was planning on having my daz subscription lapse until the next deal for memberships (was short on cash for a while when the great previous discount was active a few weeks back)and did not know auto renewal was a setting in the account. It renewed on the latter part of the 4th of July and I put in a ticket on the 5th to see if it could be credited back and canceled. So I bought nothing during any of the independence day sale so as to not possibly interfere with such. Really stupid thing is that when you inyentionally buy a full price membership, you get 7 tokens when you want them. If a membership renews you get 0 tokens at a time you might not even want the membership. Lol
  • ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 335

PerttiA said:

If it ends at midnight and changes every 2 hours, then a good assumption would be it should have changed by now. But it hasn't, so maybe it only started an hour ago. Does this mean the last selection will last less than an hour?

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580

The Daz Deals extension emails went out at 18:00(ish) UTC, so you are correct @ainm.sloinneadh that they should have updated by now... I guess we'll see.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

PerttiA said:

It maybe started around 8:30 PM (CEST): the banner was not up right after 8PM, but I saw it after 8:30 PM

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 717

New ones up now

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Ok, they have changed and now it's midnight over here.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 454

I was just about to puchase Lottie but the changeover happened @ 4:55 and not on the hour. Oops.

so i assume the lights and myrtle are the new ones? so basically in an hour maybe it will chnge again? Have they been up for an hour already?

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 335

daveso said:

so i assume the lights and myrtle are the new ones? so basically in an hour maybe it will chnge again? Have they been up for an hour already?

Think they've been up for just under 15 mins

• I picked up Myrtle. Looks like an excellent character. So this started at 8 UK time and finishes at midnight? Doing the sums in my old brain, that means there will be 3 pairs in all? smiley

britscriptwriter said:

I picked up Myrtle. Looks like an excellent character. So this started at 8 UK time and finishes at midnight? Doing the sums in my old brain, that means there will be 3 pairs in all? smiley

Hard to tell since since the first set wasn't exactly 2 hours. But if they go every two hours from that:

I'm an hour ahead of Daz time, and the first pair expired slightly short of 4 PM. So in theory, second pair slightly before 6, third before 8, fourth before 10, fifth before midnight, and maybe a sixth after that for an hour (1 AM my time is midnight Daz)?

• SilverGirl said:

britscriptwriter said:

I picked up Myrtle. Looks like an excellent character. So this started at 8 UK time and finishes at midnight? Doing the sums in my old brain, that means there will be 3 pairs in all? smiley

Hard to tell since since the first set wasn't exactly 2 hours. But if they go every two hours from that:

I'm an hour ahead of Daz time, and the first pair expired slightly short of 4 PM. So in theory, second pair slightly before 6, third before 8, fourth before 10, fifth before midnight, and maybe a sixth after that for an hour (1 AM my time is midnight Daz)?

Ahhh that makes much more sense. Thank you. I'm so easily confused with these time zones and maths laugh 

britscriptwriter said:

SilverGirl said:

britscriptwriter said:

Ahhh that makes much more sense. Thank you. I'm so easily confused with these time zones and maths laugh 

NP, it helped me to write it out. And I've got it easy, only being an hour off. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have to calculate it from the other side of the world.

Of course, it just swapped again and it's not even 5:30 yet, so.... "2 hours" seems a bit subjective.

• SilverGirl said:

britscriptwriter said:

SilverGirl said:

britscriptwriter said:

NP, it helped me to write it out. And I've got it easy, only being an hour off. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have to calculate it from the other side of the world.

Of course, it just swapped again and it's not even 5:30 yet, so.... "2 hours" seems a bit subjective.

Probs best to refresh every hour so we don't accidentally miss anything. It's definitely frustrating that I'll be asleep while these deals are still cycling through but it is what it is and I've at least made one decent purchase, although I'll likely shed a tear tomorrow if I find out any of my wishlisted items popped up for $2 while I was sleeping smiley

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

joanna said:

Richard Haseltine said:

After whole June and seeing July so far, I feel pretty safe. laugh I'd love to be proven wrong, though. *hint hint, dear gods of marketing and discounts*

Well, I guess I should take my words back already. I missed the first round of deals, but Myrtle for $2? I haven't checked out that quick probably in my whole Daz history.

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 184

I love the Blitz Sale! Straight forward, no riddles to solve, and everything is a set price- $2.00, plus it changes every 2 hours (or so). It's been ages since I've purchased anything on Lightning Deals.

Yeah, I'm having fun with this one. This time when they're calling it a hot deal, it actually *is.* I just bought Myrtle on the 30th, (though I only paid $2.08 for her, so, not much loss) but the twins and Dola went right in the cart. I don't have many characters to mix and match from because for the prices G9s are generally, I have other things I need to get with that money more urgently. I've been focusing on renders with my mains, but sooner or later I'm going to need to branch out (and SOMEBODY has to be the random "extras"). For $2 I can justify a bit of preparation, so they have money from me that would've otherwise stayed in my pocket today.

Heck, I might send them sledding with the i13 snow fun set I picked up for a buck from the daily sale.

edited July 9

I've seen 3 sets so far and went ahead and bought all 6. A couple were iffy, but at $2 it feels a bit better to buy something that may or not get used. One thing that bothers me a little bit, buying characters..I already have tons plus its possible to churn out your own with all the morph sets. Never ending characters. 

Post edited by daveso on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313

Definitely a fun little sale. Unfortunately for me, I already had both Myrtle and the twins, who I would've bought for $2 in a second if I didn't have them, but I did get one thing so far and will continue watching through the evening. Bravo Daz.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    edited July 9
    I missed getting Myrtle, but would not miss Gen9 stuff from MSO for $2 each. I have a bunch of gen 8/8.1, but have been replacing with all gen 9 mostly focusing on a few artists I really like and the main character bundles as I like realistic characters who don't look like perfect, plastic dolls. NVM. They just added the others back for $2 each, so I got Myrtle too now. Lol
    Post edited by XiousDs on

daveso said:

I've seen 3 sets so far and went ahead and bought all 6. A couple were iffy, but at $2 it feels a bit better to buy something that may or not get used. One thing that bothers me a little bit, buying characters..I already have tons plus its possible to churn out your own with all the morph sets. Never ending characters. 

True, although for me, it's worth it to not have to spend the time on customizing a billion sliders and making up new textures. I'd rather spend that time putting together the render. (I absolutely did it for my mains, because they needed to look a certain way, and no store-bought character would ever do that. But Random Serving Staff #12? Not so much.)

Just refreshed to all previous offerings. Nothing new, which sucks for me, but if you missed something, here's your chance to try again.

• infernalinfernal Posts: 10
    edited July 9

As of 8:30 pm Utah time, while all the earlier $2 offerings are listed, the only 2 that remain $2 in the shopping cart are Turn On Lights and Far East Weapons. The others, if you visit their page are still offering $2, but if you buy them they revert to full price.

Not sure if this is a web display error or a shopping cart one.

EDIT:  My mistake, sort of.  You can buy them all for $2, BUT only two at a time.  If you add a third one to cart, it becomes full price.

Post edited by infernal on

Last two-hour mark, still the same stuff offered earlier. I'm a little bummed, but it was fun while it was lasted. Got two characters out of it (three if you count the twins as two), and that's not shabby.

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 184
    edited July 9

Yes, I got 3 plus the twins. At $2.00 each, I'm quite pleased. I wish I had gotten the conference room setting, but I guess that's just being greedy.

How do you "refresh to all previous offerings"?

Post edited by gfdamron1 on
  • gfdamron1 said:

Yes, I got 3 plus the twins. At $2.00 each, I'm quite pleased. I wish I had gotten the conference room setting, but I guess that's just being greedy.

How do you "refresh to all previous offerings"?

Weird that the conference room didn't recycle, but Lottie and the twins did. Also a little weird that Daz planned a sale that was "two things for sale every two hours" but didn't actually have twelve things to sell.